FLM films - My Webpage

2004-02-07 10:01:41-08:00 - Re: Is Angel turning into Charmed? - (nospam@nospam.com)

In article <20040207110422.19290.00001019@mb-m26.aol.com>, Isaac G. <thebinary@aol.composition> wrote: > >DB has said, in several interviews, that the long arcs would be less > >prominent in this series. > > I LOVE THE ARCS!! Since when are actors dictating what the writers should be > doing David was merely repeating what Joss had already said As for the arcs don't work comment, that is a bit out of context. Joss did state a couple of years ago that they figured out that stand alone eps weren't going to work in the beginning because they needed to set up the character relationships, background story etc. but once that was done, there was no need for long soap opera length arcs. which is part of why they have dropped that in favor of stand alones and short arcs.

2004-02-07 10:30:02-05:00 - Re: Is Angel turning into Charmed? - (parismom <parismom.woof@verizon.net>)

"Isaac G." wrote: > > they kill off the good characters, and are doing themed episodes now (ie. NAzi > episode)?? > --i. > i thought joss said, in an interview, that stand-alone episodes didn't work for this show? has he changed his mind? parismom

2004-02-07 14:09:32-05:00 - Re: Is Angel turning into Charmed? - (Brother Justin <bro@jus.com>)

<nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:070220041001416022%nospam@nospam.com... > In article <20040207110422.19290.00001019@mb-m26.aol.com>, Isaac G. > <thebinary@aol.composition> wrote: > > > >DB has said, in several interviews, that the long arcs would be less > > >prominent in this series. > > > > I LOVE THE ARCS!! Since when are actors dictating what the writers should be > > doing > > David was merely repeating what Joss had already said > > As for the arcs don't work comment, that is a bit out of context. Joss > did state a couple of years ago that they figured out that stand alone > eps weren't going to work in the beginning because they needed to set > up the character relationships, background story etc. > > but once that was done, there was no need for long soap opera length > arcs. which is part of why they have dropped that in favor of stand > alones and short arcs. We had season 1 be the season of stand alone eps. Then from season 2-4 we had large, ongoing arcs thru each. Now we're at season 5 and dealing with stand alone eps and "mini" arcs. So they started with stand alone eps.. and now they're finishing with em.

2004-02-07 15:26:41+00:00 - Is Angel turning into Charmed? - (thebinary@aol.composition)

they kill off the good characters, and are doing themed episodes now (ie. NAzi episode)?? --i. Aural aesthetics can be found at: Cesium137.com Metropolis-Records.com compositions available thru www.industrial-music.com ww.isotank.com tonedeafrecords.com or at other nifty little stores

2004-02-07 15:38:01+00:00 - Re: Is Angel turning into Charmed? - (Clyde B <TehSand00d@yahoo.com>)

"parismom" <parismom.woof@verizon.net> wrote in message news:4025047A.CEC00631@verizon.net... > > > "Isaac G." wrote: > > > > they kill off the good characters, and are doing themed episodes now (ie. NAzi > > episode)?? > > --i. > > > > i thought joss said, in an interview, that stand-alone episodes didn't > work for this show? has he changed his mind? > > parismom DB has said, in several interviews, that the long arcs would be less prominent in this series. More emphasis on stand-alone episodes.

2004-02-07 16:04:22+00:00 - Re: Is Angel turning into Charmed? - (thebinary@aol.composition)

>DB has said, in several interviews, that the long arcs would be less >prominent in this series. I LOVE THE ARCS!! Since when are actors dictating what the writers should be doing...fuck the actors..i am so sick of these people thinking they can write shows....ugh...it rarely works out. BEing a director is one thing...heck Jonathan Frakes pulled it off on trek...and DB pulled it off....but this is sick....look at what happened to Charmed with those bitches as the the producers, breathing down the writers' necks...now it is just a weak excuse for them to play dress-up every episode....ridiculous.--i. Aural aesthetics can be found at: Cesium137.com Metropolis-Records.com compositions available thru www.industrial-music.com ww.isotank.com tonedeafrecords.com or at other nifty little stores

2004-02-07 18:54:32+00:00 - Re: Is Angel turning into Charmed? - (Pnoi <pnoi@kremlin.nyet.ru>)

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 15:26:41 +0000, I had to reply to what Isaac G. wrote: > they kill off the good characters, and are doing themed episodes now (ie. NAzi > episode)?? > --i. > > > Aural aesthetics can be found at: > Cesium137.com > Metropolis-Records.com > No. There is not an annoying Piper on Ats. > compositions available thru > www.industrial-music.com > ww.isotank.com > tonedeafrecords.com > or at other nifty little stores

2004-02-07 21:27:32-05:00 - Re: Is Angel turning into Charmed? - (gmm <gmm@yahoo.com>)

In article <20040207102641.19387.00001236@mb-m26.aol.com>, thebinary@aol.composition says... > they kill off the good characters, and are doing themed episodes now (ie. NAzi > episode)?? > --i. > > > Aural aesthetics can be found at: > Cesium137.com > Metropolis-Records.com > > compositions available thru > www.industrial-music.com > ww.isotank.com > tonedeafrecords.com > or at other nifty little stores > Charmed seems to be 60 minutes of T&A without a plot. Now that Cordy and Lyla are dead, there's no "T" in Angel. (Fred does not consitute a "T").

2004-02-08 00:36:00+00:00 - Re: Is Angel turning into Charmed? - (Aaron Pynn <acpynn@nf.sympatico.ca>)

> No. There is not an annoying Piper on Ats. Yes there is..but they call him ANGEL!!!! *L..No seriously I like Angel but unless they do something epic I'd rather see it go off now then totally kill the character like they did with Charmed which is still on tv(whatsupwitdat?????)

2004-02-09 13:34:40+10:00 - Re: Is Angel turning into Charmed? - (Kas <nykara>)

"parismom" <parismom.woof@verizon.net> wrote in message news:4025047A.CEC00631@verizon.net... > > > "Isaac G." wrote: > > > > they kill off the good characters, and are doing themed episodes now (ie. NAzi > > episode)?? > > --i. > > > > i thought joss said, in an interview, that stand-alone episodes didn't > work for this show? has he changed his mind? > > parismom I guess personal opionions but i always thought stand alones worked better then full season arcs.. I prefered them in both buffy and angel.. both shows lost ratings and went wrong when they started doing full season arcs.. the ratings cant be wrong can they?