FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-23 06:49:42-08:00 - The Beast may serve Apep (Apophis) - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

My guess is the Master behind the Beast is Apep (Apophis). During the day Ra had to defeat his chief enemy, a serpent or snake named Apep (Apophis). A battle was fought between Ra and Apep, and Ra was usually victorious, however on stormy days or during an eclipse the Egyptians believed that Apep (Apophis) had been victorious and swallowed the sun. Only by putting faith in the gods of light could people defeat the demons. However the beings that have been killed like Maat aren't totems, they have totems. Maat's totem is the feather she uses to weigh the heart of the deceased in "The Book of the Dead" I'd don't think it's a coincidence that the Beast tore out her heart. Mesektet is the night-boat of Ra. The sun-boat is Manjet. Maybe this is a Angel-Buffy-Stargate crossover.

2003-01-23 08:57:30-08:00 - Re: The Beast may serve Apep (Apophis) - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

DarkMagic wrote: > > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > news:3E300351.9F4D0C8E@rcn.com... > > My guess is the Master behind the Beast is Apep (Apophis). During the > > day Ra had to defeat his chief enemy, a serpent or snake named Apep > > (Apophis). A battle was fought between Ra and Apep, and Ra was usually > > victorious, however on stormy days or during an eclipse the Egyptians > > believed that Apep (Apophis) had been victorious and swallowed the sun. > > Only by putting faith in the gods of light could people defeat the > > demons. > > > I think Beast *is* Apep. He swallowed the sun and we already know that > Beast's master is FE. Because "FE isn't a Big Bad. FE is the reason they > exist." > You may be right, but, Spoiler Answer here: ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; The Spoilers show that The Beast is the servant of a "Master". The Master on Angel may be the same as The First on Buffy, therefore the First may be Apep or one of the creator gods.

2003-01-23 11:44:04-08:00 - Re: The Beast may serve Apep (Apophis) - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Trick wrote: > > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > news:3E301EFA.7BD9E77@rcn.com... > > DarkMagic wrote: > > > > > > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > > > news:3E300351.9F4D0C8E@rcn.com... > > > > My guess is the Master behind the Beast is Apep (Apophis). During the > > > > day Ra had to defeat his chief enemy, a serpent or snake named Apep > > > > (Apophis). A battle was fought between Ra and Apep, and Ra was usually > > > > victorious, however on stormy days or during an eclipse the Egyptians > > > > believed that Apep (Apophis) had been victorious and swallowed the > sun. > > > > Only by putting faith in the gods of light could people defeat the > > > > demons. > > > > > > > I think Beast *is* Apep. He swallowed the sun and we already know that > > > Beast's master is FE. Because "FE isn't a Big Bad. FE is the reason > they > > > exist." > > > > > You may be right, but, Spoiler Answer here: > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > The Spoilers show that The Beast is the servant of a "Master". The > > Master on Angel may be the same as The First on Buffy, therefore the > > First may be Apep or one of the creator gods. > > The beast definately has a master spoilers on http://epguides.com/Angel/ > suggest who it is... > > > Looks like it's Cordelia who is the Beast's master. Maybe it has been Pod > Cordy all along which will be a big relief for most fans. > Looks like this will be true, either Cordelia or Angel let the beast kill > the last totem and my money is on Cordelia. I left this part out because it's not clear if the Master is Cordelia or Cordelia is just a conduit. There is an additional question about the status of Connor. Could he be an incarnation of Set or Seth, the only god powerful enough to defeat Apep, or maybe Horus who defended the "Boat of Ra" after Set, but never quite defeated Apep.

2003-01-23 19:14:02+00:00 - Re: The Beast may serve Apep (Apophis) - (Trick <mark@EYEHATESPAMmrtrick.co.uk>)

"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:3E301EFA.7BD9E77@rcn.com... > DarkMagic wrote: > > > > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > > news:3E300351.9F4D0C8E@rcn.com... > > > My guess is the Master behind the Beast is Apep (Apophis). During the > > > day Ra had to defeat his chief enemy, a serpent or snake named Apep > > > (Apophis). A battle was fought between Ra and Apep, and Ra was usually > > > victorious, however on stormy days or during an eclipse the Egyptians > > > believed that Apep (Apophis) had been victorious and swallowed the sun. > > > Only by putting faith in the gods of light could people defeat the > > > demons. > > > > > I think Beast *is* Apep. He swallowed the sun and we already know that > > Beast's master is FE. Because "FE isn't a Big Bad. FE is the reason they > > exist." > > > You may be right, but, Spoiler Answer here: > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > The Spoilers show that The Beast is the servant of a "Master". The > Master on Angel may be the same as The First on Buffy, therefore the > First may be Apep or one of the creator gods. The beast definately has a master spoilers on http://epguides.com/Angel/ suggest who it is... Extra spoiler space 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Looks like it's Cordelia who is the Beast's master. Maybe it has been Pod Cordy all along which will be a big relief for most fans. Looks like this will be true, either Cordelia or Angel let the beast kill the last totem and my money is on Cordelia.

2003-01-24 01:11:38-06:00 - Re: The Beast may serve Apep (Apophis) - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in <3E300106.7D20CE97@rcn.com>: > My guess is the Master behind the Beast is Apep (Apophis). During the > day Ra had to defeat his chief enemy, a serpent or snake named Apep > (Apophis). A battle was fought between Ra and Apep, and Ra was usually > victorious, however on stormy days or during an eclipse the Egyptians > believed that Apep (Apophis) had been victorious and swallowed the sun. > Only by putting faith in the gods of light could people defeat the > demons. > > However the beings that have been killed like Maat aren't totems, they > have totems. Maat's totem is the feather she uses to weigh the heart of > the deceased in "The Book of the Dead" I'd don't think it's a > coincidence that the Beast tore out her heart. > > Mesektet is the night-boat of Ra. The sun-boat is Manjet. > > Maybe this is a Angel-Buffy-Stargate crossover. The Beast is a Guauld? Somebody call that Macguyver guy and the blond chick with short hair. -- "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" -- Winifred Burkle Roberto Castillo castillo@enteract.com http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2003-01-24 02:37:15+00:00 - Re: The Beast may serve Apep (Apophis) - (Alistair <Alistair@worldnet.att.net>)

Spoilers 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 This new development begins to make us doubt and question the established knowledge of the dark world. The little girl in the White Room allowed the senior partners to stay in touch with their W&H agents. Does this mean that Lilah, when she was talking to the senior partners, was with the girl, or that whenever any of the lawyers talked to them, they had to do it through the girl? There is a divide among the dark ones. The Beast and its Master (whatever it is) is planning its apocalypse of the death and destruction of all human life, the Old Ones just want an apocapylse to get back home to Earth, the W&H senior partners want the apocalypse to bring about the reign of the senior partners on Earth, and an evil order onb Earth, and the First just wants pain and chaos and destruction, without the opposition of the champions of TPTB. The First and the Beast seem pretty matched up in purpose... it is possible there is a corrolation here. The Beast however, show have spent his time taking on Buffy and the Slayers in that case, because the Harbingers and the Turok Han are pretty weak agents of something as big as the First. Now, we could see TPTB as manifesting in the sun god Ra. Ra and Apep were twins, created in the cosoms at the same time. Apep is darkness and evil, and Ra is light and good. So Apep could be a form of the dark one, the First Evil. However, the setting sun, the little girl, was evil, and the Senior partners were created by the First, however indirectly. Well... who knows. Things are getting interesting, friends.

2003-01-25 16:15:33-08:00 - Re: The Beast may serve Apep (Apophis) - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

Trick wrote: 1 1 1 1 1 > > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > news:3E301EFA.7BD9E77@rcn.com... > > DarkMagic wrote: > > > > > > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > > > news:3E300351.9F4D0C8E@rcn.com... > > > > My guess is the Master behind the Beast is Apep (Apophis). During the > > > > day Ra had to defeat his chief enemy, a serpent or snake named Apep > > > > (Apophis). A battle was fought between Ra and Apep, and Ra was usually > > > > victorious, however on stormy days or during an eclipse the Egyptians > > > > believed that Apep (Apophis) had been victorious and swallowed the > sun. > > > > Only by putting faith in the gods of light could people defeat the > > > > demons. > > > > > > > I think Beast *is* Apep. He swallowed the sun and we already know that > > > Beast's master is FE. Because "FE isn't a Big Bad. FE is the reason > they > > > exist." > > > > > You may be right, but, Spoiler Answer here: > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > The Spoilers show that The Beast is the servant of a "Master". The > > Master on Angel may be the same as The First on Buffy, therefore the > > First may be Apep or one of the creator gods. > > The beast definately has a master spoilers on http://epguides.com/Angel/ > suggest who it is... > > > Looks like it's Cordelia who is the Beast's master. Maybe it has been Pod > Cordy all along which will be a big relief for most fans. > Looks like this will be true, either Cordelia or Angel let the beast kill > the last totem and my money is on Cordelia. This means that Skip IS evil, since he is the one who persuaded Cordelia to Ascend, which made it possible for The Beast's Master to either take over Cordelia or replace her.

2003-01-25 21:20:21-08:00 - Re: The Beast may serve Apep (Apophis) - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Tom Breton wrote: > > "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> writes: > > > This is ME running out of their own Buffyverse mythology ideas and > > scrambling like crazy on the internet to come up with some rip-offs of > > actual mythology. > > Oddly, their "alchemical symbol for fire" is nothing like the actual > one, an upward-pointed triangle. > It was a crude version of the Winged Sun Disk Symbol. It was thought to be inspired by solar eclipses. It usually represents Horus, son of Osiris, who would be a protector of RA.

2003-01-26 13:57:47-05:00 - Re: The Beast may serve Apep (Apophis) - (Tom Breton <tehom@REMOVEpanNOSPAMix.com>)

Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> writes: > Tom Breton wrote: > > > > > Oddly, their "alchemical symbol for fire" is nothing like the actual > > one, an upward-pointed triangle. > > > > It was a crude version of the Winged Sun Disk Symbol. It was thought to > be inspired by solar eclipses. It usually represents Horus, son of > Osiris, who would be a protector of RA. Cool, thanks. I was wondering where that symbol really came from. > From an Egyptian Papyrus: > > "Then Ra, the Holy One, the Falcon of the Horizon, said unto Horus, the > Winged Measurer: "Lofty issue of Ra, my begotten: Go quickly, knock down > the enemy whom you have seen." > > "So instructed, Horus took off in the Winged Disk to search for the > enemy from the skies. > > "From the skies, flying in the Winged Disk, Horus spotted the enemy > forces and unleashed upon them a "storm" that could neither be seen nor > heard, yet it brought instantaneous death." Ah. We used to call them SBDFs. -- Tom Breton at panix.com, username tehom. http://www.panix.com/~tehom