FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-01 15:40:19-05:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (the q is silent <j-wagner2@northwestern.edu>)

Ziggyman wrote: > > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll be > very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent oppourtunity to > link the two shows.. You mean an excellent opportunity to alienate and confuse viewers who don't watch Buffy? -- Jyqm "And so I've learned to retreat at the first sign of danger I mean why wait around, if it's just to surrender And ambition, I've found, can lead only to failure I do not read the reviews No, I am not singing for you"

2003-05-01 16:09:49-04:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <POesa.184$hf5.109@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>, Eric Pobirs <epobirs@pacbell.net> wrote: > > Refer back to Rule #0 (http://www.lasfs.org/lasfs/admin/standing.html): > Death shall not release you. > > We've already seen that dead W&H executives are still in service to the > firm, including those who'd been recently done in by Darla and Drusilla. Holland's description of W&H during that little elevator ride was pretty much a description of the First Evil, and Angel never touched him. They also didn't go anywhere. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-05-01 18:39:15-04:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <010520031441189694%antarian@pacbell.net>, PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote: > In article <Dfesa.58955$w7k.7860@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, > Ziggyman <no@way.com> wrote: > > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > > > > > > > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll be > > very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent oppourtunity to > > link the two shows > > ME never wanted the two shows linked any further than they were when > the spinoff started. But now that /Buffy/ is ending, that isn't a problem. /Angel/ *has* to sink or swim on its own now. Using the season finale of /Angel/ to throw to the series finale of /Buffy/ could be a final nod to where /Angel/ came from. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-05-01 19:07:15+00:00 - If they don't.. (spoilers) - (Ziggyman <no@way.com>)

s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll be very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent oppourtunity to link the two shows.. and it would make perfect sense that the FE would be after Angel as well, as he was it's first target in the show mythos.

2003-05-01 19:32:40-05:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <010520031441189694%antarian@pacbell.net>, PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote: > In article <Dfesa.58955$w7k.7860@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, > Ziggyman <no@way.com> wrote: > > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll > > be very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent > > oppourtunity to link the two shows > > ME never wanted the two shows linked any further than they were when > the spinoff started Then it seems rather odd that they'd be swapping characters back and forth all season like they have. Willow, Faith, Angel, mentioning Fred on Buffy, etc...

2003-05-01 19:34:36-05:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <3EB18633.3B995B50@northwestern.edu>, j-wagner2@northwestern.edu wrote: > Ziggyman wrote: > > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll > > be > > very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent > > oppourtunity to > > link the two shows.. > > You mean an excellent opportunity to alienate and confuse viewers who > don't watch Buffy? The First Evil isn't exclusive to Buffy. Angel was the focus of its wrath once upon a time as well.

2003-05-01 19:44:47+00:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (Eric Pobirs <epobirs@pacbell.net>)

"Ziggyman" <no@way.com> wrote in message news:Dfesa.58955$w7k.7860@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > > > > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll be > very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent oppourtunity to > link the two shows.. and it would make perfect sense that the FE would be > after Angel as well, as he was it's first target in the show mythos. > > From reading the synopsis of nxt weeks ep it doesn't seem like that's the > route they're going... sigh. > > Refer back to Rule #0 (http://www.lasfs.org/lasfs/admin/standing.html): Death shall not release you. We've already seen that dead W&H executives are still in service to the firm, including those who'd been recently done in by Darla and Drusilla. It brings to mind a favorite scene from an old favorite movie, Phantom of the Paradise. Winslow (the Phantom) is spying on the villain Swan through a skylight in his mansion and sees what appears to be the successful seduction of the woman Winslow loves, although they barely know each other. Depressed, what with his mangled face and steel dentalwork on top of his dismal future dating prospects, Winslow produces a dagger and stabs himself in the heart. He falls from the rooftop to lie sprawled on the pavement in the pouring rain. Moments later, Swan appears under an umbrella and bearing the massive contract Winslow signed in blood. He pulls the knife from Winslow's chest, whereupon he revives with no apparent injury from the wound or fall. Swan informs Winslow that under the terms of the contract death is not an option. In despair and rage Winslow grabs the discarded dagger and thrust it into Swan's heart. Gritting his teeth, Swan removes the dagger and tells Winslow killing him won't work. "I'm under contract, too."

2003-05-01 21:40:30+00:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <Dfesa.58955$w7k.7860@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, Ziggyman <no@way.com> wrote: > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > > > > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll be > very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent oppourtunity to > link the two shows ME never wanted the two shows linked any further than they were when the spinoff started.

2003-05-01 22:30:28-04:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (The Babaloughesian <me@privacy.net>)

"Ziggyman" <no@way.com> wrote in message news:Dfesa.58955$w7k.7860@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > > > > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll be > very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent oppourtunity to > link the two shows.. and it would make perfect sense that the FE would be > after Angel as well, as he was it's first target in the show mythos. > > From reading the synopsis of nxt weeks ep it doesn't seem like that's the > route they're going... sigh. It's a good thing that isn't happening. It'd just make the FE look even stupider than it already is.

2003-05-01 23:45:02+00:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (Ziggyman <no@way.com>)

"the q is silent" <j-wagner2@northwestern.edu> wrote in message news:3EB18633.3B995B50@northwestern.edu... > Ziggyman wrote: > > > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > > > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll be > > very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent oppourtunity to > > link the two shows.. > > You mean an excellent opportunity to alienate and confuse viewers who > don't watch Buffy? > No.. that's not what I meant. They could easily bring out that the one manipulating them over the past few seasons has been the FE, and thus introduce him to "Angel Only" fans. They take things from each series anyways.. plus I think there's alot more fans who watch both shows so why not give the majority of their fanbase something cool like this would be. So Willow coming to Angel was alienating people who don't watch Buffy?

2003-05-01 23:47:55+00:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (Ziggyman <no@way.com>)

"PJ Browning" <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:010520031441189694%antarian@pacbell.net... > In article <Dfesa.58955$w7k.7860@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, > Ziggyman <no@way.com> wrote: > > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > > > > > > > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll be > > very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent oppourtunity to > > link the two shows > > ME never wanted the two shows linked any further than they were when > the spinoff started. So those crossovers they did in Angel season 1 where what? When Buffy died and Willow came to tell Ange; what was that? When Willow came to restore Angels soul using the same ritual done in Buffy.. what was that? The numerous times characters on Buffy have been referenced on Angel was what? For a company that never wanted the shows linked they sure have done alot of linking so far.

2003-05-02 01:04:46+00:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (Paul Smith <net.lineone@ozric99>)

"Ziggyman" <no@way.com> wrote in news:2kisa.70347$kYH.53264@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com: > > "the q is silent" <j-wagner2@northwestern.edu> wrote in message > news:3EB18633.3B995B50@northwestern.edu... >> Ziggyman wrote: >> > >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > s >> > >> > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her >> > I'll be very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent >> > oppourtunity > to >> > link the two shows.. >> >> You mean an excellent opportunity to alienate and confuse viewers who >> don't watch Buffy? >> > > No.. that's not what I meant. They could easily bring out that the > one manipulating them over the past few seasons has been the FE, and > thus introduce him to "Angel Only" fans. They take things from each > series anyways.. plus I think there's alot more fans who watch both > shows so why not give the majority of their fanbase something cool > like this would be. > > So Willow coming to Angel was alienating people who don't watch Buffy? No, it wasn't. It was no more different than half of the shamans that get brought into the plot every season. Wesley's mate who did Angel's soul removal, or any number of people Lorne goes to see or brings into the plot. Bringing someone into the series for an episode to do one thing is a little different than trying to tie up an entire season of another show in one episode of another. Let's face it, if it wasn't Willow, it could have been any random shaman.

2003-05-02 01:33:36+00:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (Rob Myers <robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net>)

In article <Dfesa.58955$w7k.7860@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, Ziggyman <no@way.com> wrote: > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > s > > > > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll be > very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent oppourtunity to > link the two shows.. and it would make perfect sense that the FE would be > after Angel as well, as he was it's first target in the show mythos. Dude, stop reading so many bad comic books. That kind of plot "twist" is only clever and dramatic when it's unexpected. -- rob m at rob myers dot net

2003-05-02 20:04:22-04:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - ("Fan-Tv.net News and info on tv!" <nospamming@sympatico.ca>)

"The Babaloughesian" <me@privacy.net> a ���crit dans le message de news: b8sl88$dcv2j$1@ID-177202.news.dfncis.de... > > "Ziggyman" <no@way.com> wrote in message > news:Dfesa.58955$w7k.7860@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > > > > > > > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll be > > very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent oppourtunity > to > > link the two shows.. and it would make perfect sense that the FE would be > > after Angel as well, as he was it's first target in the show mythos. > > > > From reading the synopsis of nxt weeks ep it doesn't seem like that's the > > route they're going... sigh. It would be way to predictable if Lilah would be the first evil and totally stupid. It would be the wrong way to bring Angel to Sunny D J www.fan-tv.net

2003-05-04 03:08:40+00:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (Ziggyman <no@way.com>)

"Rob Myers" <robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net> wrote in message news:010520032133350934%robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net... > In article <Dfesa.58955$w7k.7860@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, > Ziggyman <no@way.com> wrote: > > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > s > > > > > > > > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll be > > very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent oppourtunity to > > link the two shows.. and it would make perfect sense that the FE would be > > after Angel as well, as he was it's first target in the show mythos. > > Dude, stop reading so many bad comic books. That kind of plot "twist" > is only clever and dramatic when it's unexpected. > I guess I'm crazy then.. cause I'm the only one that seems to want them to go this route. Maybe it's just the fact that the FE is supposedly sooo powerful I find it hard to believe that it's just sticking to causing trouble in Sunnydale. But I'm crazy.

2003-05-04 05:25:56-05:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (the q is silent <j-wagner2@northwestern.edu>)

Ziggyman wrote: > > I guess I'm crazy then.. cause I'm the only one that seems to want them to > go this route. > > Maybe it's just the fact that the FE is supposedly sooo powerful I find it > hard to believe that it's just sticking to causing trouble in Sunnydale. > > But I'm crazy. The First Evil has a very specific goal on BtVS this season: to destroy the Slayer lineage. It's not out to just cause random trouble all over the Mutant Enemy universe. But even that is beside the point, which is this: Buffy and Angel are two different shows. As such, they have different storylines. So giving them both the same big villain at the same time would be pretty boring, redundant, and monotonous. -- Jyqm "And so I've learned to retreat at the first sign of danger I mean why wait around, if it's just to surrender And ambition, I've found, can lead only to failure I do not read the reviews No, I am not singing for you"

2003-05-04 18:09:03-07:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (himiko@animail.net)

the q is silent <j-wagner2@northwestern.edu> wrote in message news:<3EB4EAB4.99F26C9C@northwestern.edu>... > Ziggyman wrote: > > > > I guess I'm crazy then.. cause I'm the only one that seems to want them to > > go this route. > > > > Maybe it's just the fact that the FE is supposedly sooo powerful I find it > > hard to believe that it's just sticking to causing trouble in Sunnydale. > > > > But I'm crazy. > > The First Evil has a very specific goal on BtVS this season: to destroy > the Slayer lineage. It's not out to just cause random trouble all over > the Mutant Enemy universe. > But even that is beside the point, which is this: Buffy and Angel are > two different shows. As such, they have different storylines. So giving > them both the same big villain at the same time would be pretty boring, > redundant, and monotonous. Actually, it could have been a lot of fun if it had resulted in a full cast from both shows battle, but clearly the networks weren't going for that. So, faking us (or me anyway) out into thinking it was the same general thing, and then having it not be, and especially having Jasmine turn out to be one of the "good" PTW, was a pretty cool twist. himiko

2003-05-08 12:45:42-04:00 - Re: If they don't.. (spoilers) - (Mack Lundy <malund@wm.edu>)

"Ziggyman" <no@way.com> wrote in message news:2kisa.70347$kYH.53264@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > > "the q is silent" <j-wagner2@northwestern.edu> wrote in message > news:3EB18633.3B995B50@northwestern.edu... > > Ziggyman wrote: > > > > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > s > > > > > > IF they don't make it that Lilah is in fact the FE posing as her I'll be > > > very disappointed. They'll have missed out on an excellent oppourtunity > to > > > link the two shows.. > > > > You mean an excellent opportunity to alienate and confuse viewers who > > don't watch Buffy? > > > > No.. that's not what I meant. They could easily bring out that the one > manipulating them over the past few seasons has been the FE, and thus > introduce him to "Angel Only" fans. They take things from each series > anyways.. plus I think there's alot more fans who watch both shows so why > not give the majority of their fanbase something cool like this would be. > > So Willow coming to Angel was alienating people who don't watch Buffy? > If Lilah were the FE why would she give Angel the amulet telling him that Buffy needs it in Sunnydale to take care of some problem that is going on there.