FLM films - My Webpage

2003-11-13 12:27:43-08:00 - Re: Good Ep, Shame About the Ending...11/12 episode - (eris_70@yahoo.com)

tsd@mspacman.gpcc.itd.umich.edu (Tammy Stephanie Davis) wrote in message news:<wRMsb.5093$H91.104226@news.itd.umich.edu>... > In article <20031113073707.08405.00000133@mb-m24.aol.com>, > Rose <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote: > :spoilers for 11/12 > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > : > :I hope this ep convinces ME to use Wes more. He's the best actor on the show. > :I love how he works with both DB and JM...they seem to truly enjoy their scenes > :wth him. > : > :Spike is working much better, they seem to be figuring out how to make him the > :chorus without making him annoying or pathetic. I loved his short scene with > :Wes when he expressed sympathy by talking about how his mum tried to shag him > :then he staked her. I read that JM and AD know each other from the Shakespeare > :readings, which probably explains that comfort level. > : > :The episode was good until, a la Ted, Dad turned out to be a robot, we learned > :for the zillionth time that Wes Suffers From Unrequited Love for Fred, and Wes > :made that lame attempt to call the Dad who locked him in a closet under the > :stairs and beat his mother...if I recall correctly. The end was both a cop-out > :and sentimental. > > A sentimental ending would have been Wesley having a touching, loving conversation > on the phone with his father. But dad's insistence on remaining a belittling, > condescending asshole made the phone call anything, but sentimental. > -- the ending made me feel quite upset for wesley, which is great because it's the first time this season that i've actually cared about any of the characters.

2003-11-13 12:37:07+00:00 - Good Ep, Shame About the Ending...11/12 episode - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

spoilers for 11/12 I hope this ep convinces ME to use Wes more. He's the best actor on the show. I love how he works with both DB and JM...they seem to truly enjoy their scenes wth him. Spike is working much better, they seem to be figuring out how to make him the chorus without making him annoying or pathetic. I loved his short scene with Wes when he expressed sympathy by talking about how his mum tried to shag him then he staked her. I read that JM and AD know each other from the Shakespeare readings, which probably explains that comfort level. The episode was good until, a la Ted, Dad turned out to be a robot, we learned for the zillionth time that Wes Suffers From Unrequited Love for Fred, and Wes made that lame attempt to call the Dad who locked him in a closet under the stairs and beat his mother...if I recall correctly. The end was both a cop-out and sentimental. Rose I support the SoCal supermarket workers strike.

2003-11-13 14:49:00+00:00 - Re: Good Ep, Shame About the Ending...11/12 episode - (tsd@mspacman.gpcc.itd.umich.edu)

2003-11-13 15:44:31-05:00 - Re: Good Ep, Shame About the Ending...11/12 episode - (DarynJones <d@jones.com>)

"Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message news:20031113073707.08405.00000133@mb-m24.aol.com... > spoilers for 11/12 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I hope this ep convinces ME to use Wes more. He's the best actor on the show. > I love how he works with both DB and JM...they seem to truly enjoy their scenes > wth him. > > Spike is working much better, they seem to be figuring out how to make him the > chorus without making him annoying or pathetic. I loved his short scene with > Wes when he expressed sympathy by talking about how his mum tried to shag him > then he staked her. I read that JM and AD know each other from the Shakespeare > readings, which probably explains that comfort level. > > The episode was good until, a la Ted, Dad turned out to be a robot, we learned > for the zillionth time that Wes Suffers From Unrequited Love for Fred, and Wes > made that lame attempt to call the Dad who locked him in a closet under the > stairs and beat his mother...if I recall correctly. The end was both a cop-out > and sentimental. > > > Pls explain further.

2003-11-14 00:10:04+00:00 - Re: Good Ep, Shame About the Ending...11/12 episode - (sandjh6@aol.comnojunk)

2003-11-14 00:56:08+00:00 - Re: Good Ep, Shame About the Ending...11/12 episode - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)