FLM films - My Webpage

2004-09-14 11:44:16-04:00 - Season 5 on TNT - (Elizabeth Blake <poodlebone@NOSPAMearthlink.net>)

Hooray! TNT is going to show Season 5. Conviction will air on Monday, September 27th. -- Liz

2004-09-14 21:17:40-07:00 - Re: Season 5 on TNT - (thezeppo1 <thezeppo1@yahoo.com>)

God I hope they don't fuck it up like they have been doing with all the bad cuts, but they most likely will. Thank god for tv companies that decided to put shows in their proper showing on dvd with a whole bunch of cool extras. Can't wait to watch it. "Elizabeth Blake" <poodlebone@NOSPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message news:ci73kh$kom$1@domitilla.aioe.org... > Hooray! TNT is going to show Season 5. Conviction will air on Monday, > September 27th. > > -- > Liz > >

2004-09-15 02:45:09+00:00 - Re: Season 5 on TNT - (xpeeple@aol.com)

2004-09-15 04:44:56+00:00 - Re: Season 5 on TNT - (mengmeng@io.com)

XPeeple <xpeeple@aol.com> wrote: > Well, at least TNT restores full screen. I love wide screen, but have having > to squint ALL THE TIME. > They could at least make the DVDs anamorphic.. They are. Now, if only they'd correct the S2 DVDs which are not bloody supposed to be widescreen. MZ -- "We're still flying." "That's not much." "It's enough." - Mal Reynolds and Simon Tam, _Firefly_ _Serenity_ hits theaters April 22, 2005!

2004-09-15 05:07:46+00:00 - Re: Season 5 on TNT - (xpeeple@aol.com)

2004-09-15 06:20:18+00:00 - Re: Season 5 on TNT - (mengmeng@io.com)

XPeeple <xpeeple@aol.com> wrote: > >> They could at least make the DVDs anamorphic.. > > > >They are. > The Region 1s? Ayup. At least according to all the DVD review sites. I wouldn't know for sure myself, not having a widescreen TV to test them out on. Based on the output from my computer's DVD player, they do seem to be anamorphic. MZ -- "We're still flying." "That's not much." "It's enough." - Mal Reynolds and Simon Tam, _Firefly_ _Serenity_ hits theaters April 22, 2005!

2004-09-15 06:43:42+00:00 - Re: Season 5 on TNT - (xpeeple@aol.com)

2004-09-15 07:02:26+00:00 - Re: Season 5 on TNT - (mengmeng@io.com)

XPeeple <xpeeple@aol.com> wrote: > >> >> They could at least make the DVDs anamorphic.. > >> > > >> >They are. > > > >> The Region 1s? > > > >Ayup. At least according to all the DVD review sites. I wouldn't know for > >sure > >myself, not having a widescreen TV to test them out on. Based on the output > >from my computer's DVD player, they do seem to be anamorphic. > I remember considering buying Season Three but the box just said "Widescreen" > with nothing about anamorphic qualities (goes hand-in-hand with Buffy Season > Four's note from Joss about purist bullshit and putting out discs that included > only the "aired" versions). Not this debate again... 4:3 is Buffy's Original Aspect Ratio, as well as the Original Intended Aspect Ratio. Watching Buffy (as well as Angel S1&S2) in widescreen is like watching Citizen Kane in color. 20th Fox did bollix up "Once More With Feeling" though by not making it anamorphic in R1. > PCs will generally show what's there on the > disc--the Buffy sets' menus are anamorphic in that on PC they'll be widescreen > and on standard home player they'll be full or widescreen based on the > specifications of the TV; If it's widescreen it'll be widescreen, unless if you use the zoom feature in your DVD player (assuming it has one). > however the episodes themselves are not anamorphic. I > try to buy most of my DVDs in widescreen in the pipe dream that if I choose to > watch them in full, I can always just zoom a little closer with the progressive > scan player... pixilation rarely lets this happen very nicely. I'm basing my assessment of the DVDs on the detailed output my DVD player gives, which indicates that the picture is actually 4:3 on disk which is then scaled to the specified aspect ratio of 16:9. Which is exactly what an anamorphic disk does. MZ -- "We're still flying." "That's not much." "It's enough." - Mal Reynolds and Simon Tam, _Firefly_ _Serenity_ hits theaters April 22, 2005!

2004-10-15 09:39:41-05:00 - Re: Season 5 on TNT - ("Joseph S. Powell, III" <nospam@nospam.net>)

"XPeeple" <xpeeple@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040914224509.25764.00000729@mb-m07.aol.com... > >God I hope they don't fuck it up like they have been doing with all the bad > >cuts, but they most likely will. Thank god for tv companies that decided to > >put shows in their proper showing on dvd with a whole bunch of cool extras. > >Can't wait to watch it. > > Well, at least TNT restores full screen. I love wide screen, but have having to > squint ALL THE TIME. > > They could at least make the DVDs anamorphic.. Ummm..... Season 5 was aired on the WB in Widescreen, so Widescreen is the only proper format in which it should be aired.