FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-17 01:12:54-05:00 - OT: Worst Snow Ever - (X-calibur <X-calibur@comcast.net>)

I live right outside of Philadelphia (5 minutes from the airport). There is a foot of snow outside my house, and snow is supposed to continue until 6 PM. We might have 20 -24 inches. This is crazy. The storm is affecting almost all states surrounding Pennsylvania. Once the snow hits 14.4 inches, it will be the most ever recorded in Philly. It sucks, I am disabled by a bad back, it causes constant excruciating pain, plus a broken arm with pins and a bar sticking out of it. So I can't shovel, and my mom has to go to work in the morning. Again, this is crazy. I just wanted to let all of you who are not around here know you are lucky. I want to hear from anyone else affected by this, like where you are and how much snow you have gotten. Hey, if we have to deal with all this, lets compare.

2003-02-17 01:24:27-05:00 - Re: Worst Snow Ever - (X-calibur <X-calibur@comcast.net>)

OK the news I saw earlier was wrong, the most snow recorded here was 30.7 inches in 1996. However, this is still going to be a hell of a lot of snow! "X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3SWdnc3WF53Q4M2jXTWcqA@comcast.com... > I live right outside of Philadelphia (5 minutes from the airport). There is > a foot of snow outside my house, and snow is supposed to continue until 6 > PM. We might have 20 -24 inches. This is crazy. The storm is affecting > almost all states surrounding Pennsylvania. Once the snow hits 14.4 inches, > it will be the most ever recorded in Philly. It sucks, I am disabled by a > bad back, it causes constant excruciating pain, plus a broken arm with pins > and a bar sticking out of it. So I can't shovel, and my mom has to go to > work in the morning. Again, this is crazy. I just wanted to let all of you > who are not around here know you are lucky. I want to hear from anyone else > affected by this, like where you are and how much snow you have gotten. Hey, > if we have to deal with all this, lets compare. > >

2003-02-17 02:34:10-05:00 - Re: Worst Snow Ever - (The Babaloughesian <me@privacy.net>)

"X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3SWdnc3WF53Q4M2jXTWcqA@comcast.com... > I live right outside of Philadelphia (5 minutes from the airport). There is > a foot of snow outside my house, and snow is supposed to continue until 6 > PM. We might have 20 -24 inches. This is crazy. The storm is affecting > almost all states surrounding Pennsylvania. Once the snow hits 14.4 inches, > it will be the most ever recorded in Philly. It sucks, I am disabled by a > bad back, it causes constant excruciating pain, plus a broken arm with pins > and a bar sticking out of it. So I can't shovel, and my mom has to go to > work in the morning. Again, this is crazy. I just wanted to let all of you > who are not around here know you are lucky. I want to hear from anyone else > affected by this, like where you are and how much snow you have gotten. Hey, > if we have to deal with all this, lets compare. I'm outside of Philly, too; around 30 minutes from 30th Street Station via train. It's got to be nearing the 20 inch mark on my block. I look out the window at all the cars, and their tires are completely submerged; then on top of that, they're all plowed in behind this big wall of snow anyway. I guess I'm fortunate not to be disabled, because at some point this week I'm going to have to tread through these knee-high drifts to get to my local train station so I can get to the university. No telling when, though. That 20 to 24 inches figure is what I was hearing earlier in the day. As of the 11:00 news, at least one meteorologist was saying 22 to 32.

2003-02-17 08:22:04+00:00 - Re: Worst Snow Ever - (Cernunnos <Shaggyspike123@ns.sympatico.cam>)

"X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3SWdnc3WF53Q4M2jXTWcqA@comcast.com... > I live right outside of Philadelphia (5 minutes from the airport). There is > a foot of snow outside my house, and snow is supposed to continue until 6 > PM. We might have 20 -24 inches. This is crazy. The storm is affecting > almost all states surrounding Pennsylvania. Once the snow hits 14.4 inches, > it will be the most ever recorded in Philly. It sucks, I am disabled by a > bad back, it causes constant excruciating pain, plus a broken arm with pins > and a bar sticking out of it. So I can't shovel, and my mom has to go to > work in the morning. Again, this is crazy. I just wanted to let all of you > who are not around here know you are lucky. I want to hear from anyone else > affected by this, like where you are and how much snow you have gotten. Hey, > if we have to deal with all this, lets compare. We have three feet down, its been about mius twenty minsu fifty with wind chill the last few days, and we havent even been hit with this major storm thats supposed to dump another two or three feet on top of us. stop whining.

2003-02-17 10:25:17-05:00 - Re: Worst Snow Ever - (Noyourrole@webtv.net)

X-Calibur wrote: <<I live right outside of Philadelphia (5 minutes from the airport). There is a foot of snow outside my house, and snow is supposed to continue until 6 PM. We might have 20 -24 inches. This is crazy. The storm is affecting almost all states surrounding Pennsylvania. Once the snow hits 14.4 inches, it will be the most ever recorded in Philly. It sucks, I am disabled by a bad back, it causes constant excruciating pain, plus a broken arm with pins and a bar sticking out of it. So I can't shovel, and my mom has to go to work in the morning. Again, this is crazy. I just wanted to let all of you who are not around here know you are lucky. I want to hear from anyone else affected by this, like where you are and how much snow you have gotten. Hey, if we have to deal with all this, lets compare.>> I'm in Stamford, Connecticut, about 40 miles NE of New York City, and right now [10AM Monday] we've got 10 to 12" with roughly another 6 or more expected. I have a bad disc in my back that I'm in the process of getting treated and ever-so-slowly rehabbed, so I understand a little bit of how you feel. I rent, but my landlords are somewhat elderly and alas, I can't do a damn thing to help them with the snow without landing myself in the hospital. As it is I worry about falling down in it and hurting myself worse than I already am. This has been a more or less constant problem ever since I got injured since it snows about 3 times a week here! Snow and injuries or disabilities are not a fun mix.

2003-02-17 11:42:25-05:00 - Re: Worst Snow Ever - (NickKnight <NickKnightonFKNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On "X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote: >OK the news I saw earlier was wrong, the most snow recorded here was 30.7 >inches in 1996. However, this is still going to be a hell of a lot of snow! Reminds me very much of 1978: http://www.boston.com/globe/metro/packages/blizzard/ Here they are predicting as much as 20", 4" less than 1978. -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

2003-02-17 12:26:22-05:00 - Re: Worst Snow Ever - (X-calibur <X-calibur@comcast.net>)

Wow, some of the places you live sound awful. I'm glad to hear from you. Now I am going to put on the news and see what my weather man (David Borneaz's father) says. "X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3SWdnc3WF53Q4M2jXTWcqA@comcast.com... > I live right outside of Philadelphia (5 minutes from the airport). There is > a foot of snow outside my house, and snow is supposed to continue until 6 > PM. We might have 20 -24 inches. This is crazy. The storm is affecting > almost all states surrounding Pennsylvania. Once the snow hits 14.4 inches, > it will be the most ever recorded in Philly. It sucks, I am disabled by a > bad back, it causes constant excruciating pain, plus a broken arm with pins > and a bar sticking out of it. So I can't shovel, and my mom has to go to > work in the morning. Again, this is crazy. I just wanted to let all of you > who are not around here know you are lucky. I want to hear from anyone else > affected by this, like where you are and how much snow you have gotten. Hey, > if we have to deal with all this, lets compare. > >

2003-02-17 15:25:28-08:00 - Re: OT: Worst Snow Ever - (aeromom <aeromom@yahoo.com>)

X-calibur Sorry to hear about your physical problems. I was in the Ohio River Valley last year about this time but last winter was very mild. This year I am in southern California. I am sending good thoughts and wishes for warmer weather your way. aeromom

2003-02-17 16:38:15+00:00 - Re: Worst Snow Ever - (pine106887@aol.comnospam)

<< Subject: Re: Worst Snow Ever From: "Cernunnos" Shaggyspike123@ns.sympatico.cam Date: Mon, Feb 17, 2003 3:22 AM Message-id: <MY04a.2616$bK4.388642@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca> "X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3SWdnc3WF53Q4M2jXTWcqA@comcast.com... > I live right outside of Philadelphia (5 minutes from the airport). There is > a foot of snow outside my house, and snow is supposed to continue until 6 > PM. We might have 20 -24 inches. This is crazy. The storm is affecting > almost all states surrounding Pennsylvania. Once the snow hits 14.4 inches, > it will be the most ever recorded in Philly. It sucks, I am disabled by a > bad back, it causes constant excruciating pain, plus a broken arm with pins > and a bar sticking out of it. So I can't shovel, and my mom has to go to > work in the morning. Again, this is crazy. I just wanted to let all of you > who are not around here know you are lucky. I want to hear from anyone else > affected by this, like where you are and how much snow you have gotten. Hey, > if we have to deal with all this, lets compare. We have three feet down, its been about mius twenty minsu fifty with wind chill the last few days, and we havent even been hit with this major storm thats supposed to dump another two or three feet on top of us. stop whining. >> I really hope that's meant to be a joke. Pain and snowstorms are a terrible mix. In NYC, they're saying 22 inches but my car is buried and the drifts are easily 3 ft. and up. Hey people, keep in mind that we do a LOT more exercising when we shovel snow and if you're not in good shape, either pay some hyperactive kid to do it or take many many many breaks. I don't wanna hear any more stories in the news of some guy getting a heart attack because he was "just" digging out his driveway. pine

2003-02-17 16:55:57+00:00 - Re: Worst Snow Ever - (Kelly <JaneDivided@attbi.comclothes>)

"X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3SWdnc3WF53Q4M2jXTWcqA@comcast.com... : I live right outside of Philadelphia (5 minutes from the airport). There is : a foot of snow outside my house, and snow is supposed to continue until 6 : PM. We might have 20 -24 inches. This is crazy. The storm is affecting : almost all states surrounding Pennsylvania. Once the snow hits 14.4 inches, : it will be the most ever recorded in Philly. It sucks, I am disabled by a : bad back, it causes constant excruciating pain, plus a broken arm with pins : and a bar sticking out of it. So I can't shovel, and my mom has to go to : work in the morning. Again, this is crazy. I just wanted to let all of you : who are not around here know you are lucky. I want to hear from anyone else : affected by this, like where you are and how much snow you have gotten. Hey, : if we have to deal with all this, lets compare. Christmas Day into the next in NH we got about 2 feet of snow, it was craziness! And today they're saying that around 4 pm until tomorrow morning we could stand to get 15 inches of snow. I cannot wait for this all to be over! -- Kelly "Masturbation is like procrastination: its great until you realize you've just fucked yourself." NP: Nada *Take off clothes to reply*

2003-02-17 18:38:27+00:00 - Re: OT: Worst Snow Ever - (Jerry Davis <jjdavis2@flash.net>)

X-calibur wrote: >I live right outside of Philadelphia (5 minutes from the airport). There is >a foot of snow outside my house, and snow is supposed to continue until 6 >PM. We might have 20 -24 inches. This is crazy. The storm is affecting >almost all states surrounding Pennsylvania. Once the snow hits 14.4 inches, >it will be the most ever recorded in Philly. It sucks, I am disabled by a >bad back, it causes constant excruciating pain, plus a broken arm with pins >and a bar sticking out of it. So I can't shovel, and my mom has to go to >work in the morning. Again, this is crazy. I just wanted to let all of you >who are not around here know you are lucky. I want to hear from anyone else >affected by this, like where you are and how much snow you have gotten. Hey, >if we have to deal with all this, lets compare. > > > > Well, I'm from a small town in northern Wisconsin ... and we always were happy when the big cities got dumped upon. You see, you have so many more people to help shovel it than we ever did.

2003-02-17 21:22:53-05:00 - Re: OT: Worst Snow Ever - (PSYCHOKITTY99@webtv.net)

My hubby and I live in the Overbrook section of Philly. I know how you feel with this crappy snow. Hank has a 4x4 truck and said it was tough getting around. As for me, I'll have to get a ride with him tomorrow morning to work 'cause my Honda isn't going to make it to Bryn Mawr. How about you? ~Marie~ P.S. Take care...hey it's only two more months 'til opening day at the Vet!

2003-02-17 22:48:54-05:00 - Re: Worst Snow Ever-Arm - (X-calibur <X-calibur@comcast.net>)

In August 2001 I was in a car accident. My car flipped over, my windows was down like 6 inches, and my arm went out. It got crushed. As I sat upside down in the car, I didn't even know anything happened to it. Luckily a state trooper drove by right after it and got the paramedics. It hurt like hell when they pulled my arm back in. They had to cut open my car and pull me out through the back. They said my arm was bad, and that I would probably lose it. When I got to the hospital I told them to nock me out and do what they had to. I would have lost my arm if this one surgeon hadn't been there that day. He wanted to try and save it. They kept me out for days while they worked on it. They had to remove a lot of grass and dirt. My bone had come through my skin in 2 places. If it wasn't for the dirt, they would have just put a plate, but there was a high risk of infection. So they put in an external fixator. Check google to see pictures of them. Some nerves were severed, and had to be reattached with some from my inner thigh. The inside of my arm, from half way up my forearm to my arm pit was torn up badly. So they had to skin graph it with skin from my leg. It looks like a burn victim. . I had that in until December 2001, at that time they put in a plate. Well around July 2002 the doctor saw the plate was not working. So he had to put another fixator on. When he removed the plate, it had been moved so much the screws were able to be pulled right out. During all of the surgeries there was the risk of my nerve getting messed up, and the way it was, if it happened, my arm would have had to be removed. So I have gotten extremely lucky in the operating room. Hopefully this thing will come out next month. That will be easy, with no risk of nerve damage. As much pain as I'm in, and all I've gone through, I am happy and know I'm lucky to still have my arm. The one sucky thing is that I walked with a cane because of my back. My left leg was really weak, so I needed it in my left arm, the one I broke. So I can't use it anymore. I feel ridiculous with it anyway, a 23 year old guy walking with a cane isn't a normal sight. So there you have it, I'm glad it's just about over!

2003-02-17 22:57:57-05:00 - Re: OT: Worst Snow Ever - (X-calibur <X-calibur@comcast.net>)

Well I can't work with my disability, so that isn't a problem. I have an appointment with my lawyer at 11th and South street which was already rescheduled once when it snowed last Friday. They cancelled that time, if they don't this time, I will. It's hard enough driving with one arm, and the snow and ice will make it worse. Plus half my car is still snowed in, and the way it is positioned, it couldn't be shoveled out. My mom has work tomorrow, so we paid some kids to shovel for us. We live in townhouses, so although our section of driveway was done, it didn't do much good b/c most others weren't. She was going to have someone with a truck from work pick her up, but her boyfriend came tonight and plowed the whole street's driveway. I'm glad she started a new job at Fitzgerald Mercy hospital last week b/c it is less than 10 minutes away. So she won't be on the road too much. Good luck driving, be careful and ignore all the jerks you know will be out there! "marie" <PSYCHOKITTY99@webtv.net> wrote in message news:4049-3E5198FD-355@storefull-2194.public.lawson.webtv.net... > My hubby and I live in the Overbrook section of Philly. I know how you > feel with this crappy snow. Hank has a 4x4 truck and said it was tough > getting around. > > As for me, I'll have to get a ride with him tomorrow morning to work > 'cause my Honda isn't going to make it to Bryn Mawr. How about you? > > > ~Marie~ > > P.S. Take care...hey it's only two more months 'til opening day at the > Vet! >

2003-02-18 02:11:25+00:00 - Re: Worst Snow Ever - (Jim Quinn <jquin1@houston.rr.com>)

Well we didn't get any snow in Houston but it was pretty cold yesterday (44 degrees) and the wind chill with 20 mph winds was a killer. They did get some snow in Austin (130 miles from us) about 2 weeks ago, I thinked it snowed one or two inches in some places. So how did you get the broken arm? I broke my hip one time and it realy sucked. I had to have the whole surgery thing and was off my feet for a couple of weeks. I made the mistake of going bicycle riding before I had recovered from another accident. The second time was the charm. Crack, Ambulence, Surgery, $20,000, etc. "X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3SWdnc3WF53Q4M2jXTWcqA@comcast.com... > I live right outside of Philadelphia (5 minutes from the airport). There is > a foot of snow outside my house, and snow is supposed to continue until 6 > PM. We might have 20 -24 inches. This is crazy. The storm is affecting > almost all states surrounding Pennsylvania. Once the snow hits 14.4 inches, > it will be the most ever recorded in Philly. It sucks, I am disabled by a > bad back, it causes constant excruciating pain, plus a broken arm with pins > and a bar sticking out of it. So I can't shovel, and my mom has to go to > work in the morning. Again, this is crazy. I just wanted to let all of you > who are not around here know you are lucky. I want to hear from anyone else > affected by this, like where you are and how much snow you have gotten. Hey, > if we have to deal with all this, lets compare. > >

2003-02-18 12:29:38-05:00 - Re: OT: Worst Snow Ever - (NickKnight <NickKnightonFKNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On PSYCHOKITTY99@webtv.net (marie) wrote: >My hubby and I live in the Overbrook section of Philly. I know how you >feel with this crappy snow. Hank has a 4x4 truck and said it was tough >getting around. Here in Boston we got 27.5 inches, now the most snow that we have ever received. This storm even dumped more snow than the Blizzard of 78. Now the problem is where to put the snow....... -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

2003-02-18 14:32:58-05:00 - Re: OT: Worst Snow Ever - ("C.L. Lassiter" <seaelle@unc.edu>)

X-calibur <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote: > affected by this, like where you are and how much snow you have gotten. Hey, > if we have to deal with all this, lets compare. 0" of snow, but 2" of sleet. No fun. I'd much rather have the 20" of snow we got in January of 2000. My dogs don't even want to go outside because they can't stand up. But the 48 degrees today should take care of it quickly. cl

2003-02-19 00:16:16-05:00 - Re: OT: Worst Snow Ever - (PanamaMike <panamamike@sympatico.ca>)

Sure, there was lots of snow, but it could have been a lot worse. Check out what these folks are dealing with http://stjohns.cbc.ca/template/servlet/View?filename=nf_badger3_20030218