FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-13 03:13:01-05:00 - Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (Rupert Pupkin <gringo@yahoo.com>)

Can someone tell me where the hell did Cordy find time to meet the Beast, take his bone, then return to AI without anyone knowing she was gone?

2003-02-13 06:40:11-08:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (bergeg@parl.gc.ca)

"Rupert Pupkin" <gringo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<D8ecnbRUhaX-ydajXTWc3A@comcast.com>... > Can someone tell me where the hell did Cordy find time to meet the Beast, > take his bone, then return to AI without anyone knowing she was gone? We saw that she and Fred went out to get some supplies for the spell right after we saw the bone knife offering scene. I'm assuming that they separated at some point and Cordemon went to get her knife.

2003-02-13 09:32:21+00:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (Ziggyman <asf@Fds.com>)

"Rupert Pupkin" <gringo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:D8ecnbRUhaX-ydajXTWc3A@comcast.com... > Can someone tell me where the hell did Cordy find time to meet the Beast, > take his bone, then return to AI without anyone knowing she was gone? > > Who says it was Cordy the Beast gave his bone to? Heh, now that's kinda sick.

2003-02-13 09:58:13+00:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (Ard Rhi <ardrhi>)

"Rupert Pupkin" <gringo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:D8ecnbRUhaX-ydajXTWc3A@comcast.com... > Can someone tell me where the hell did Cordy find time to meet the Beast, > take his bone, then return to AI without anyone knowing she was gone? > > She is magical enough to be able to cast a spell that allows Angelus aura to be disguised from Lorne and appear as if she is having a vision from the Powers That Be. She obviously knows her way around things since she got the soul out of the safe AND unhooked the security camera while getting very few questions from people. No one was even slightly suspicious when Manny was killed on her watch. And unless I missed something, she still hasn't explained how she supposedly came down from the Heaven dimension. I don't read spoilers and stuff that often, but chances are, this isn't the real Cordy but skilled enough to do all the above mentioned things. Ard Rhi P.S. Like I said, I don't read spoilers so if I restated the obvious somewhere, forgiveness k?

2003-02-13 10:04:31-05:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (Ebie <sybil5000@yahoo.com>)

Thus spake "Ziggyman" <asf@Fds.com>: > >"Rupert Pupkin" <gringo@yahoo.com> wrote in message >news:D8ecnbRUhaX-ydajXTWc3A@comcast.com... >> Can someone tell me where the hell did Cordy find time to meet the Beast, >> take his bone, then return to AI without anyone knowing she was gone? >> >> > >Who says it was Cordy the Beast gave his bone to? > >Heh, now that's kinda sick. > Well you know. He "boned" his master (sorry, but you started it!), and since Cordelia was the one who ended up with it, it's not too far a leap to think Stony's Master == Cordelia. But not necessarily. There could be an intermediary. Cordy could be a minion too. Or Cordy could have extra demony teleporting powers that she hasn't shown to the Fang Gang. WHO OR WHAT IS CORDY NOW? That's the real question. Is she real Cordy, or pod!Cordy and the real one is stuck in Heaven? Has the First taken over her demon nature? Are *all* demons subject to being taken over by The First? I sort of thought that everyone got to choose sides. Not that this proves anything, but Ashanti pretty much said as much on the last BtVS. Are the PTB *Evil*? Other possibilities? Where the heck is Skip? I miss him! He'd know! -- See you space cowboy...

2003-02-13 12:16:06-05:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (parismom <parismom.woof@verizon.net>)

PJ Browning wrote: > > In article <elP2a.15239$1q2.1414237@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, > "Helen McGee" <helwitch@nospamearthlink.net> wrote: > > > > > My take was, she got thrown out of the higher plain because she made angel's > > slot machine go off. Wasn't there a whole, no interefering clause to her > > being a higher power? > > Not that was ever actually stated. Cordelia discovered along the way > that she couldn't do anything. Or so she thought. > > Methinks that she wanted to do something so much that she figured out > how. Then she figured out how to get out of happy shiny land and > basically ran away. But it seems she was hijacked/kidnapped along the way i'm r-e-a-l-l-y confused. i've seen the show twice, been reading the ng about "calvary", and i just can't wrap my head around why cordelia is evil and why she stabbed lilah. maybe 'cause i'm backlogged at work, but i'm missing something here. could some kind soul explain this to me? parismom -- For the rest of my busy existence, please visit: www.hopewellframe.com

2003-02-13 13:06:49-05:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (Ebie <sybil5000@yahoo.com>)

Thus spake PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>: >In article <kjcn4vcjpqb1uo5f9eeuaaa8u3s63vead0@4ax.com>, > Ebie <sybil5000@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > >> But not necessarily. There could be an intermediary. Cordy could be a >> minion too. >> > >I'm going with the minion thing myself. > >anything that is evil can be proclaimed to be a minion of the First. >Cause the First is the wellspring of all Evil. but I'm thinking that >there is something between Cordelia and the Beast and the First. And >it's using both of them to fulfill it's evil plan. What that plan is, I >don't know. death and chaos sounds good. It gave Odin and Loki their >strength in the Norse myths. Why couldn't that work for whatever is >behind this fun. Personally, I like the idea of Cordy being the Big Bad. Does interesting things to her Hero's Journey :) Much moreso than Willow's Excursion Into Evil. At least Cordy's not addicted to anything, or grieving over her dead lover :) Gratuitously Capitalized, Ebie -- See you space cowboy...

2003-02-13 13:08:58-05:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (Ebie <sybil5000@yahoo.com>)

Thus spake PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>: >In article <kjcn4vcjpqb1uo5f9eeuaaa8u3s63vead0@4ax.com>, > Ebie <sybil5000@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > >> But not necessarily. There could be an intermediary. Cordy could be a >> minion too. >> > >I'm going with the minion thing myself. > >anything that is evil can be proclaimed to be a minion of the First. One more thought: Cordy was up in the ether. Maybe she *is* the First (who used the opportunity to Get Corporeal), and the "First" in Sunnydale is just some lame-o wannabe. -- See you space cowboy...

2003-02-13 13:16:01-05:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (Randy Money <rbmoney@spamblocklibrary.syr.edu>)

parismom wrote: > PJ Browning wrote: > >>In article <elP2a.15239$1q2.1414237@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, >> "Helen McGee" <helwitch@nospamearthlink.net> wrote: >> >> >>>My take was, she got thrown out of the higher plain because she made angel's >>>slot machine go off. Wasn't there a whole, no interefering clause to her >>>being a higher power? >> >>Not that was ever actually stated. Cordelia discovered along the way >>that she couldn't do anything. Or so she thought. >> >>Methinks that she wanted to do something so much that she figured out >>how. Then she figured out how to get out of happy shiny land and >>basically ran away. But it seems she was hijacked/kidnapped along the way > > > i'm r-e-a-l-l-y confused. i've seen the show twice, been reading the ng > about "calvary", and i just can't wrap my head around why cordelia is > evil and why she stabbed lilah. maybe 'cause i'm backlogged at work, > but i'm missing something here. > > could some kind soul explain this to me? > > parismom We don't know the full story, yet. It could be Cordy has gone evil voluntarily. It could be that something has taken over Cordy's body. It could be that something knows Cordy well enough it can impersonate her. It could be that the real Cordy is still in heaven. It could be that the real Cordy was expelled from heaven because she interfered in human affairs and was taken over by the dark side in the process. It could be that Cordy was expelled from heaven and while still woozy and vulnerable, was taken over. It could be that something very powerful dragged Cordy out of heaven and is using her. We still don't know and have to tune in next time hoping to learn, same bat-time, same bat-channel. Well, same bat-channel, same bat-time three weeks from now. Randy M.

2003-02-13 13:40:12-05:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (parismom <parismom.woof@verizon.net>)

Randy Money wrote: > > parismom wrote: > > PJ Browning wrote: > > > >>In article <elP2a.15239$1q2.1414237@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, > >> "Helen McGee" <helwitch@nospamearthlink.net> wrote: > >> > >> > >>>My take was, she got thrown out of the higher plain because she made angel's > >>>slot machine go off. Wasn't there a whole, no interefering clause to her > >>>being a higher power? > >> > >>Not that was ever actually stated. Cordelia discovered along the way > >>that she couldn't do anything. Or so she thought. > >> > >>Methinks that she wanted to do something so much that she figured out > >>how. Then she figured out how to get out of happy shiny land and > >>basically ran away. But it seems she was hijacked/kidnapped along the way > > > > > > i'm r-e-a-l-l-y confused. i've seen the show twice, been reading the ng > > about "calvary", and i just can't wrap my head around why cordelia is > > evil and why she stabbed lilah. maybe 'cause i'm backlogged at work, > > but i'm missing something here. > > > > could some kind soul explain this to me? > > > > parismom > > We don't know the full story, yet. > > It could be Cordy has gone evil voluntarily. > > It could be that something has taken over Cordy's body. > > It could be that something knows Cordy well enough it can impersonate her. > > It could be that the real Cordy is still in heaven. > > It could be that the real Cordy was expelled from heaven because she > interfered in human affairs and was taken over by the dark side in the > process. > > It could be that Cordy was expelled from heaven and while still woozy > and vulnerable, was taken over. > > It could be that something very powerful dragged Cordy out of heaven and > is using her. > > We still don't know and have to tune in next time hoping to learn, same > bat-time, same bat-channel. > > Well, same bat-channel, same bat-time three weeks from now. > > Randy M. thanks SO much for your post. so, as to this point: >It could be that something very powerful dragged Cordy out of heaven and is using her.< if angel was dragged out of the hell-dimension on btvs, so could have been cordelia. parismom For the rest of my busy existence, please visit: www.hopewellframe.com p2p users: need information and questions answered? visit us at: news:alt.music.mp3.kazaa

2003-02-13 13:44:02+00:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (Terry McNeal <tymcneal@remove.this.hotmail.com>)

Spoilers for "Calvary." . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 03:13:01 -0500, "Rupert Pupkin" <gringo@yahoo.com> wrote: :Can someone tell me where the hell did Cordy find time to meet the Beast, :take his bone, then return to AI without anyone knowing she was gone? She met Chuckles while everyone, including her, was out getting their talismans for the resouling spell. Terry

2003-02-13 13:44:33-05:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (David Cheatham <david@creeknet.com>)

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:16:01 -0500, Randy Money wrote: > > We don't know the full story, yet. > > It could be that something knows Cordy well enough it can impersonate her. Well of course it can, since THEY DOWNLOADED CORDY'S MEMORIES INTO IT. ;) -- David Cheatham <david@creeknet.com> NOYFB, P

2003-02-13 16:03:22+00:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (Helen McGee <helwitch@nospamearthlink.net>)

"Ard Rhi" wrote > She is magical enough to be able to cast a spell that allows Angelus aura to > be disguised from Lorne and appear as if she is having a vision from the > Powers That Be. She obviously knows her way around things since she got the > soul out of the safe AND unhooked the security camera while getting very few > questions from people. No one was even slightly suspicious when Manny was > killed on her watch. And unless I missed something, she still hasn't > explained how she supposedly came down from the Heaven dimension. My take was, she got thrown out of the higher plain because she made angel's slot machine go off. Wasn't there a whole, no interefering clause to her being a higher power? Making the slot machine go off could well qualify as interfering, and added to the fact that she wanted to go back... That was my take anyway, on the whole, cordy's back from the higher plain deal.

2003-02-13 16:53:07+00:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

2003-02-13 16:54:51+00:00 - Re: Cordelia & The Beast's Bone - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)