FLM films - My Webpage

2003-11-21 16:26:45-08:00 - Dru and William - (himiko@animail.net)

Spoilers for Destiny ` 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 No one's mentioned this yet, so am I the only person who found Dru rather sad last night? She wasn't exactly resisting Angelus (so let's not get into any more "is it rape?" discussions), but she did truly seem to want William to rescue her, especially when she asked so sadly if it was true, as William said, that she and he were forever, and then at the end when she reached out her arms to him while Angelus held her back. She knew she wasn't strong enough physically or psychologically to resist if Angelus wanted her, but she hoped William would intervene and save her both from Angelus and from herself. I'm tempted to say Wow, did she choose the wrong guy to turn, but maybe not. Her sight probably told her that William had the potential, but she wasn't sane enough to understand that it would take a long time for that to develop. Heck, he still didn't have it totally together in S2...although you do have to take the wheelchair into account, and he did save her in the end. I think this is also the reason for Sparmony. It's not totally analagous. Spike had a soul, Angelus didn't. Spike had no vicious ulterior motive (like to hurt someone else who loved Harmony) aside from his personal pleasure, Angelus did. But it is similar. Spike used Harmony to substitute for Buffy in much the same way that Angelus used Dru. And I think Dru knew she was being used in the same way Harmony did, and felt bad about it, although she expressed this differently. The position was even the same. himiko

2003-11-21 18:17:30-08:00 - Re: Dru and William - (Slayah <Slayah@hellmouth.com>)

In article <c7902983.0311211626.2e81efc5@posting.google.com>, himiko says... > >Spoilers for Destiny >` >1 >2 >3 >4 >5 >6 >7 >8 >9 >0 >9 >8 >7 >6 >5 >4 >3 >2 >1 > >No one's mentioned this yet, so am I the only person who found Dru >rather sad last night? She wasn't exactly resisting Angelus (so let's >not get into any more "is it rape?" discussions), but she did truly >seem to want William to rescue her, especially when she asked so sadly >if it was true, as William said, that she and he were forever, and >then at the end when she reached out her arms to him while Angelus >held her back. She knew she wasn't strong enough physically or >psychologically to resist if Angelus wanted her, but she hoped William >would intervene and save her both from Angelus and from herself. I didn't see that at all, I thought she was mocking him.

2003-11-21 23:24:34-08:00 - Re: Dru and William - (luvthistle1@yahoo.com)

himiko@animail.net (himiko) wrote in message news:<c7902983.0311211626.2e81efc5@posting.google.com>... > Spoilers for Destiny > ` > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 0 > 9 > 8 > 7 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > > No one's mentioned this yet, so am I the only person who found Dru > rather sad last night? She wasn't exactly resisting Angelus (so let's > not get into any more "is it rape?" discussions), but she did truly > seem to want William to rescue her, especially when she asked so sadly > if it was true, as William said, that she and he were forever, and > then at the end when she reached out her arms to him while Angelus > held her back. She knew she wasn't strong enough physically or > psychologically to resist if Angelus wanted her, but she hoped William > would intervene and save her both from Angelus and from herself. > > I'm tempted to say Wow, did she choose the wrong guy to turn, but > maybe not. Her sight probably told her that William had the > potential, but she wasn't sane enough to understand that it would take > a long time for that to develop. Heck, he still didn't have it > totally together in S2...although you do have to take the wheelchair > into account, and he did save her in the end. > > I think this is also the reason for Sparmony. It's not totally > analagous. Spike had a soul, Angelus didn't. Spike had no vicious > ulterior motive (like to hurt someone else who loved Harmony) aside > from his personal pleasure, Angelus did. But it is similar. Spike > used Harmony to substitute for Buffy in much the same way that Angelus > used Dru. And I think Dru knew she was being used in the same way > Harmony did, and felt bad about it, although she expressed this > differently. The position was even the same. > > himiko when people mention that "angelus rape Dru, they are talking about "BEFORE" she was sire. him and Darla drove her crazy, before they sire her.

2003-11-21 23:53:35-05:00 - Re: Dru and William - (The Babaloughesian <me@privacy.net>)

"Slayah" <Slayah@hellmouth.com> wrote in message news:bpmgvq01hqe@drn.newsguy.com... > In article <c7902983.0311211626.2e81efc5@posting.google.com>, himiko says... > > > >Spoilers for Destiny > >` > >1 > >2 > >3 > >4 > >5 > >6 > >7 > >8 > >9 > >0 > >9 > >8 > >7 > >6 > >5 > >4 > >3 > >2 > >1 > > > >No one's mentioned this yet, so am I the only person who found Dru > >rather sad last night? She wasn't exactly resisting Angelus (so let's > >not get into any more "is it rape?" discussions), but she did truly > >seem to want William to rescue her, especially when she asked so sadly > >if it was true, as William said, that she and he were forever, and > >then at the end when she reached out her arms to him while Angelus > >held her back. She knew she wasn't strong enough physically or > >psychologically to resist if Angelus wanted her, but she hoped William > >would intervene and save her both from Angelus and from herself. > > I didn't see that at all, I thought she was mocking him. Yeah, me too.

2003-11-22 00:24:21-06:00 - Re: Dru and William - (Thirsty Viking <jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net>)

"The Babaloughesian" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:bpmq4i$1p7js5$1@ID-177202.news.uni-berlin.de... > > "Slayah" <Slayah@hellmouth.com> wrote in message > news:bpmgvq01hqe@drn.newsguy.com... > > In article <c7902983.0311211626.2e81efc5@posting.google.com>, himiko > says... > > > > > >Spoilers for Destiny > > >` > > >1 > > >2 > > >3 > > >4 > > >5 > > >6 > > >7 > > >8 > > >9 > > >0 > > >9 > > >8 > > >7 > > >6 > > >5 > > >4 > > >3 > > >2 > > >1 > > > > > >No one's mentioned this yet, so am I the only person who found Dru > > >rather sad last night? She wasn't exactly resisting Angelus (so let's > > >not get into any more "is it rape?" discussions), but she did truly > > >seem to want William to rescue her, especially when she asked so sadly > > >if it was true, as William said, that she and he were forever, and > > >then at the end when she reached out her arms to him while Angelus > > >held her back. She knew she wasn't strong enough physically or > > >psychologically to resist if Angelus wanted her, but she hoped William > > >would intervene and save her both from Angelus and from herself. > > > > I didn't see that at all, I thought she was mocking him. > > Yeah, me too. > I think she was taunting him to fight angel... not because she wanted him to beat angel... but because she is evil, and it is nice to have the boys fight over her.

2003-11-22 06:30:51+00:00 - Re: Dru and William - (kestrttn@aol.comlala)

2003-11-22 08:45:40-08:00 - Re: Dru and William - (Slayah <Slayah@hellmouth.com>)

In article <bpmq4i$1p7js5$1@ID-177202.news.uni-berlin.de>, The Babaloughesian says... > > >"Slayah" <Slayah@hellmouth.com> wrote in message I thought she was mocking him. > >Yeah, me too. She's always been a big sadist!

2003-11-22 13:40:54-08:00 - Re: Dru and William - (GG2010@webtv.net)

kestrttn@aol.comlala (Katie) wrote in message news:<20031122013051.02030.00000671@mb-m16.aol.com>... > >From: "Thirsty Viking" jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net > > >I think she was taunting him to fight angel... not because she wanted him > >to beat angel... but because she is evil, and it is nice to have the boys > > >fight > >over her. > > I agree. Dru as a vamp has never struck pity in my heart. She's nutzo and > loves pain just like the rest of em, and that includes her lover's pain. I disagree, I have always felt sorry for Dru The Most. Given the horrible way she was turned. her being Evil is not her fault. > > KT > > Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me I own, and I laugh > at them whenever I can. ~ Jane Austen

2003-11-23 03:17:36-06:00 - Re: Dru and William - (Thirsty Viking <jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net>)

"Harley" <GG2010@webtv.net> wrote in message news:bbc099c2.0311221340.323dfb7c@posting.google.com... > kestrttn@aol.comlala (Katie) wrote in message news:<20031122013051.02030.00000671@mb-m16.aol.com>... > > >From: "Thirsty Viking" jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net > > > > >I think she was taunting him to fight angel... not because she wanted him > > >to beat angel... but because she is evil, and it is nice to have the boys > > > > >fight > > >over her. > > > > I agree. Dru as a vamp has never struck pity in my heart. She's nutzo and > > loves pain just like the rest of em, and that includes her lover's pain. > > I disagree, I have always felt sorry for Dru The Most. Given the > horrible way she was turned. her being Evil is not her fault. Unless a human asks to be sired like the actress did in season one... it is never thier fault that they are a vampire.

2003-11-23 15:05:20-06:00 - Re: Dru and William - (Thirsty Viking <jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net>)

"Sandra S" <sandora@verizon.net> wrote in message news:opry3v2itdjtszlz@news.verizon.net... > On 21 Nov 2003 16:26:45 -0800, himiko <himiko@animail.net> wrote: > > > Spoilers for Destiny > > ` > > 1 > > 2 > > 3 > > 4 > > 5 > > 6 > > 7 > > 8 > > 9 > > 0 > > 9 > > 8 > > 7 > > 6 > > 5 > > 4 > > 3 > > 2 > > 1 > > > > No one's mentioned this yet, so am I the only person who found Dru > > rather sad last night? She wasn't exactly resisting Angelus (so let's > > not get into any more "is it rape?" discussions), but she did truly > > seem to want William to rescue her, especially when she asked so sadly > > if it was true, as William said, that she and he were forever, and > > then at the end when she reached out her arms to him while Angelus > > held her back. > > > > himiko > > > > > Dru didn't seem sad to me. > In fact, she was as amused as Angelus when he told her Spike's comment > about "destiny." Sad in this case was clearly that contemplating what Angelous had made Drew is a sad thing... not that drew felt sad. At least that is how I read it.

2003-11-23 18:18:58-08:00 - Re: Dru and William - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

Katie wrote: > >From: "Thirsty Viking" jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net > > >I think she was taunting him to fight angel... not because she wanted him > >to beat angel... but because she is evil, and it is nice to have the boys > > >fight > >over her. > > I agree. Dru as a vamp has never struck pity in my heart. She's nutzo and > loves pain just like the rest of em, and that includes her lover's pain. I hereby propose that Angel get W&H to research how to make Dru sane again.

2003-11-23 19:50:33+00:00 - Re: Dru and William - (Sandra S <sandora@verizon.net>)

On 21 Nov 2003 16:26:45 -0800, himiko <himiko@animail.net> wrote: > Spoilers for Destiny > ` > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 0 > 9 > 8 > 7 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > > No one's mentioned this yet, so am I the only person who found Dru > rather sad last night? She wasn't exactly resisting Angelus (so let's > not get into any more "is it rape?" discussions), but she did truly > seem to want William to rescue her, especially when she asked so sadly > if it was true, as William said, that she and he were forever, and > then at the end when she reached out her arms to him while Angelus > held her back. > > himiko > Dru didn't seem sad to me. In fact, she was as amused as Angelus when he told her Spike's comment about "destiny." (Of course, since she has the sight, perhaps she was merely seeing into the future, when Spike would no longer consider them to have "an eternal love." Sandra

2003-11-24 13:00:39-08:00 - Re: Dru and William - (reldevik@usa.net)

kestrttn@aol.comlala (Katie) wrote in message news:<20031122013051.02030.00000671@mb-m16.aol.com>... > >From: "Thirsty Viking" jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net > > >I think she was taunting him to fight angel... not because she wanted him > >to beat angel... but because she is evil, and it is nice to have the boys > > >fight > >over her. > > I agree. Dru as a vamp has never struck pity in my heart. She's nutzo and > loves pain just like the rest of em, and that includes her lover's pain. --I agree with all of the above. Himiko, I can see how Dru would be wistful that she didn't really come first with Angelus. She was pouting about that in the street conversation where she bumped into William for the first time (FFL and "Darla"). But even though she didn't come first with Angelus, he always came first with Dru. She always was pining for her "Daddy." Look how she acted in 1998 when Angel lost her soul and she got her "Daddy" back again. I don't think in 1880 Dru wanted anybody to rescue her from "Daddy." She just wanted a boytoy as a diversion for the times when "Daddy" wasn't interested in her. Dru was quite happy in Angelus's arms in "Destiny," and was just taunting VampWilliam. Clairel

2003-11-24 19:01:52-08:00 - Re: Dru and William - (himiko@animail.net)

reldevik@usa.net (Clairel) wrote in message news:<1faed770.0311241300.2a2aeecc@posting.google.com>... > kestrttn@aol.comlala (Katie) wrote in message news:<20031122013051.02030.00000671@mb-m16.aol.com>... > > >From: "Thirsty Viking" jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net > > > >I think she was taunting him to fight angel... not because she wanted him > > >to beat angel... but because she is evil, and it is nice to have the boys > > > >fight > > >over her. > > > > I agree. Dru as a vamp has never struck pity in my heart. She's nutzo and > > loves pain just like the rest of em, and that includes her lover's pain. > > --I agree with all of the above. Himiko, I can see how Dru would be > wistful that she didn't really come first with Angelus. She was > pouting about that in the street conversation where she bumped into > William for the first time (FFL and "Darla"). But even though she > didn't come first with Angelus, he always came first with Dru. She > always was pining for her "Daddy." Look how she acted in 1998 when > Angel lost her soul and she got her "Daddy" back again. I don't think > in 1880 Dru wanted anybody to rescue her from "Daddy." She just > wanted a boytoy as a diversion for the times when "Daddy" wasn't > interested in her. > > Dru was quite happy in Angelus's arms in "Destiny," and was just > taunting VampWilliam. > > Clairel I guess it's just me then. But I swear she looks genuinely pleading at times. Poor William. He failed her both ways. Then he became Spike and all was well, for a while. himiko

2003-11-24 22:46:29-05:00 - Re: Dru and William - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

"himiko" <himiko@animail.net> wrote in message news:c7902983.0311211626.2e81efc5@posting.google.com... > Spoilers for Destiny > ` > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 0 > 9 > 8 > 7 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > > No one's mentioned this yet, so am I the only person who found Dru > rather sad last night? Just last night? I've always found her to be singularly pathetic, and possibly maybe the only vamp who really doesn't deserve staking. She wasn't exactly resisting Angelus (so let's > not get into any more "is it rape?" discussions), but she did truly > seem to want William to rescue her, especially when she asked so sadly > if it was true, as William said, that she and he were forever, and > then at the end when she reached out her arms to him while Angelus > held her back. She never hestiated to play them against one another for everything they were worth in Season Two BtVS, although a new viewer who hasn't seen the history might get a different impression just from watching this ep. And let's not forget the transgression of the Chaos demon. Dru is a fickle lover at best. She knew she wasn't strong enough physically or > psychologically to resist if Angelus wanted her, but she hoped William > would intervene and save her both from Angelus and from herself. > Again, I disagree. Druscilla is an amazingly strong vampire and was portrayed so in Season Two. For some reason her madness makes her more powerful than not, and I believe Giles specifically says so. I think she could make mince meat out of Angel if she wants. I'm tempted to say Wow, did she choose the wrong guy to turn, but > maybe not. Her sight probably told her that William had the > potential, but she wasn't sane enough to understand that it would take > a long time for that to develop. Heck, he still didn't have it > totally together in S2...although you do have to take the wheelchair > into account, and he did save her in the end. > Yes, he did, and he will, mark my words. He will. -- Shannon "No one wants to put words in J.K. Rowling's mouth, but it's safe to assume when she hails her reader's creativity, she has in mind something other than the tales wherein Professor Snape is fellated by the Sorting Hat." Tracy Mayor, The Boston Globe, 6/25/03

2003-11-24 23:02:49-06:00 - Re: Dru and William - (Thirsty Viking <jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net>)

"himiko" <himiko@animail.net> wrote in message news:c7902983.0311241901.19825c7e@posting.google.com... > reldevik@usa.net (Clairel) wrote in message news:<1faed770.0311241300.2a2aeecc@posting.google.com>... > > kestrttn@aol.comlala (Katie) wrote in message news:<20031122013051.02030.00000671@mb-m16.aol.com>... > > > >From: "Thirsty Viking" jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net > > > > > >I think she was taunting him to fight angel... not because she wanted him > > > >to beat angel... but because she is evil, and it is nice to have the boys > > > > > >fight > > > >over her. > > > > > > I agree. Dru as a vamp has never struck pity in my heart. She's nutzo and > > > loves pain just like the rest of em, and that includes her lover's pain. > > > > --I agree with all of the above. Himiko, I can see how Dru would be > > wistful that she didn't really come first with Angelus. She was > > pouting about that in the street conversation where she bumped into > > William for the first time (FFL and "Darla"). But even though she > > didn't come first with Angelus, he always came first with Dru. She > > always was pining for her "Daddy." Look how she acted in 1998 when > > Angel lost her soul and she got her "Daddy" back again. I don't think > > in 1880 Dru wanted anybody to rescue her from "Daddy." She just > > wanted a boytoy as a diversion for the times when "Daddy" wasn't > > interested in her. > > > > Dru was quite happy in Angelus's arms in "Destiny," and was just > > taunting VampWilliam. > > > > Clairel > > I guess it's just me then. But I swear she looks genuinely pleading > at times. Poor William. He failed her both ways. Then he became > Spike and all was well, for a while. Yes she looks pleading, yes she reaches toward spike... does she actually try to get loose? Does she ask daddy to let her go? Her reactions are incomplete.. and thats why I see it as her Taunting Williampire.

2003-11-25 06:51:19-08:00 - Re: Dru and William - (scary_penguin@hotmail.com)

"DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<-d-dnec1jrkxTV-iRVn-iQ@comcast.com>... > "himiko" <himiko@animail.net> wrote in message > news:c7902983.0311211626.2e81efc5@posting.google.com... > She knew she wasn't strong enough physically or > > psychologically to resist if Angelus wanted her, but she hoped William > > would intervene and save her both from Angelus and from herself. > > > Again, I disagree. Druscilla is an amazingly strong vampire and was > portrayed so in Season Two. For some reason her madness makes her more > powerful than not, and I believe Giles specifically says so. I think she > could make mince meat out of Angel if she wants. I doubt Dru could beat Angel (or Angelus), especially in the flashbacks. Has Dru ever gotten into a knock-down fight with Angel or Buffy? She hypnotized Kendra, but I don't recall any serious fisticuffs with anyone.

2003-11-25 10:06:14-08:00 - Re: Dru and William - (kenm47@ix.netcom.com)

himiko@animail.net (himiko) wrote in message news:<c7902983.0311211626.2e81efc5@posting.google.com>... > Spoilers for Destiny > ` > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 0 > 9 > 8 > 7 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > > No one's mentioned this yet, so am I the only person who found Dru > rather sad last night? She wasn't exactly resisting Angelus (so let's > not get into any more "is it rape?" discussions), but she did truly > seem to want William to rescue her, especially when she asked so sadly > if it was true, as William said, that she and he were forever, and > then at the end when she reached out her arms to him while Angelus > held her back. She knew she wasn't strong enough physically or > psychologically to resist if Angelus wanted her, but she hoped William > would intervene and save her both from Angelus and from herself. I haven't read anyone else's reply to this yet, so my thoughts are my own even if others that replied saw it as I did. This is Through the Looking Glass time. I saw the scenes pretty much the opposite. Dru wasn't "sad," she was an evil crazy bitch vamp (as always) manipulating her sire and her incestuous child. The "Is it true" was mocking, not loving. The arms out were an invite to a menage a trois sandwich. She wasn't asking for salvation. She was seeking further debauchery. > > I'm tempted to say Wow, did she choose the wrong guy to turn, but > maybe not. Her sight probably told her that William had the > potential, but she wasn't sane enough to understand that it would take > a long time for that to develop. Heck, he still didn't have it > totally together in S2...although you do have to take the wheelchair > into account, and he did save her in the end. So? > > I think this is also the reason for Sparmony. It's not totally > analagous. Spike had a soul, Angelus didn't. Spike had no vicious > ulterior motive (like to hurt someone else who loved Harmony) aside > from his personal pleasure, Angelus did. But it is similar. Spike > used Harmony to substitute for Buffy in much the same way that Angelus > used Dru. Now Spike wasn't evil even when he was evil? He wasn't evil when he and Harm kidnapped The Initiative doc for the chipectomy? Spike was a non-human souled vampire demon occupying a dead human husk. He was doing Harmony 'cause he could. And I'm missing the Angelus/Dru thought since Angelus was Dru's sire and lover, and returned to that role, to Spike's anger, after Angel's human soul departed. > And I think Dru knew she was being used in the same way > Harmony did, and felt bad about it, although she expressed this > differently. The position was even the same. > > himiko Dru? The crazy lady vampire? Felt bad? What ARE you smoking? Ken

2003-11-25 10:10:12-08:00 - Re: Dru and William - (kenm47@ix.netcom.com)

GG2010@webtv.net (Harley) wrote in message news:<bbc099c2.0311221340.323dfb7c@posting.google.com>... > kestrttn@aol.comlala (Katie) wrote in message news:<20031122013051.02030.00000671@mb-m16.aol.com>... > > >From: "Thirsty Viking" jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net > > > >I think she was taunting him to fight angel... not because she wanted him > > >to beat angel... but because she is evil, and it is nice to have the boys > > > >fight > > >over her. > > > > I agree. Dru as a vamp has never struck pity in my heart. She's nutzo and > > loves pain just like the rest of em, and that includes her lover's pain. > > I disagree, I have always felt sorry for Dru The Most. Given the > horrible way she was turned. her being Evil is not her fault. > Dru, if that was her human name, is dead, long time ago. Dru, the vampire, is a demon occupying a human husk. All she is is presently dangerous but potential dust. She deserves no one's pity, only staking. As a character, always entertaining, but always evil. Never should have been allowed by Buffy to walk away in "Crush." And the pity there is all the writers/director had to do was keep Buffy chained up while Spike let her walk. Ken

2003-11-25 10:12:08-08:00 - Re: Dru and William - (kenm47@ix.netcom.com)

"Thirsty Viking" <jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net> wrote in message news:<3vSdnd7rvpOG5l2iRVn-sw@comcast.com>... > "Harley" <GG2010@webtv.net> wrote in message > news:bbc099c2.0311221340.323dfb7c@posting.google.com... > > kestrttn@aol.comlala (Katie) wrote in message > news:<20031122013051.02030.00000671@mb-m16.aol.com>... > > > >From: "Thirsty Viking" jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net > > > > >I think she was taunting him to fight angel... not because she wanted > him > > > >to beat angel... but because she is evil, and it is nice to have the > boys > > > > >fight > > > >over her. > > > > > > I agree. Dru as a vamp has never struck pity in my heart. She's nutzo > and > > > loves pain just like the rest of em, and that includes her lover's pain. > > > > I disagree, I have always felt sorry for Dru The Most. Given the > > horrible way she was turned. her being Evil is not her fault. > > Unless a human asks to be sired like the actress did in > season one... it is never thier fault that they are a vampire. It's never the human's fault, because the human is gone. It's not the demon vampires' "fault," because, well because, they're demon vampires. Ken

2003-11-25 11:23:31-08:00 - Re: Dru and William - (GG2010@webtv.net)

scary_penguin@hotmail.com (Theron Mann) wrote in message news:<6bd0585c.0311250651.31c18e96@posting.google.com>... > "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<-d-dnec1jrkxTV-iRVn-iQ@comcast.com>... > > "himiko" <himiko@animail.net> wrote in message > > news:c7902983.0311211626.2e81efc5@posting.google.com... > > > She knew she wasn't strong enough physically or > > > psychologically to resist if Angelus wanted her, but she hoped William > > > would intervene and save her both from Angelus and from herself. > > > > > Again, I disagree. Druscilla is an amazingly strong vampire and was > > portrayed so in Season Two. For some reason her madness makes her more > > powerful than not, and I believe Giles specifically says so. I think she > > could make mince meat out of Angel if she wants. > > > I doubt Dru could beat Angel (or Angelus), especially in the > flashbacks. Has Dru ever gotten into a knock-down fight with Angel or > Buffy? She hypnotized Kendra, but I don't recall any serious > fisticuffs with anyone. Didn't Dru and Angel fight In "Reunion"?

2003-11-25 11:28:17-05:00 - Re: Dru and William - (David Cheatham <david@tg.creeknet.com>)

Clairel wrote: > kestrttn@aol.comlala (Katie) wrote in message > news:<20031122013051.02030.00000671@mb-m16.aol.com>... > > > From: "Thirsty Viking" jdoerter@kill.spam.comcast.net > > > > > I think she was taunting him to fight angel... not because she > > > wanted him to beat angel... but because she is evil, and it is > > > nice to have the boys > > > > > fight > > > over her. > > > > I agree. Dru as a vamp has never struck pity in my heart. She's > > nutzo and loves pain just like the rest of em, and that includes > > her lover's pain. > > --I agree with all of the above. Himiko, I can see how Dru would be > wistful that she didn't really come first with Angelus. She was > pouting about that in the street conversation where she bumped into > William for the first time (FFL and "Darla"). But even though she > didn't come first with Angelus, he always came first with Dru. She > always was pining for her "Daddy." Look how she acted in 1998 when > Angel lost her soul and she got her "Daddy" back again. I don't think > in 1880 Dru wanted anybody to rescue her from "Daddy." She just > wanted a boytoy as a diversion for the times when "Daddy" wasn't > interested in her. I think "Daddy" wasn't interested in her whenever Darla was around. So she goes out and turns William, and then when she gets back Darla has taken off again and she has Angelus back. > Dru was quite happy in Angelus's arms in "Destiny," and was just > taunting VampWilliam. I think she was just playing the part of pawn, happy to have two men fight over her. -- Remove the hostname part directly after the @ to respond.