FLM films - My Webpage

2003-04-17 00:08:18-05:00 - Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net>)

Spoilers for "The Magic Bullet" The first half of "The Magic Bullet" are the funniest thirty or so minutes of any Angel episode ever. The second half is a tight, exciting story that moves the season arc along efficiently and skillfully. The opening scene with The Beach Boys' song "Wouldn't it be Nice" segueing into Fred being chased by Wesley and Gunn was perfect. Jasmine has turned the Hyperion Hotel into her own private Jonestown and everybody but Fred is drinking her kool aid. Line of the year: "There's not a huge demand for photobooks of serial killer autopsies when you're living in a utopian wonderland." -- Conspiracy Guy Fred appears to have been on the run for three days (she later reveals that it's been over a week since she ran, the three day figure is the time since she last visited that particular book store) judging from her conversation with Conspiracy Guy which was a real hoot. Jasmine's mojo is so powerful that he no longer minds being controlled by government installed implants. "We don't need to use the evil tools of 'the man' when we have 'the wo-man'." -- Conspiracy Guy Connor reveals that Holtz would tie him to a tree and abandon him for days on end -- hey, who wouldn't. Jasmine is hard at work on her new website but she feels that "it's not the world's time yet." This explains why no one outside of LA is affected by her mojo, she doesn't want it to spread any further yet. She claims that she's still learning -- how to best enslave humanity no doubt. LA is essentially the laboratory where Jasmine has chosen to perfect her mind control and demon fighting techniques before going global. Her power is growing and seems to feed off the fanatical devotion of her followers. She has the AI staff hold hands with her in order to mentally locate Fred. This is something she can't do alone -- yet. Fred suddenly finds that no matter where she goes she is recognized by everybody who sees her. The minds of her human worshippers are being networked. And the connections are becoming stronger all the time. This is a Borg-scale collective folks. After falling underground, Fred finds herself face to face with a small demon who has been driven out of LA by Jasmine's demon hating followers. Lorne appears to be exempt from this anti-demon jihad, probably because he unlike other demons, he is not immune to Jasmine's mojo. This could be due to his being from Pylea, where demons like him occupy the same niche that humans do on Earth. Wesley and Gunn seem to channel quite a bit of their own jealousy into the pursuit of Fred. Lorne hosts an open mic night where everybody proclaims their love for Jasmine and hatred of Fred. Meanwhile, Fred and the demon do a little bonding until Fred discovers that he preys on humans and it tries to kill her. Fred returns to Conspiracy Guy's bookstore -- named appropriately enough, "The Magic Bullet" -- and calls Jasmine out. We learn in very dramatic fashion that it is indeed always about blood when Fred shoots Jasmine. The bullet passes through her and hits Angel, mixing their blood and breaking Jasmine's hold over Angel. "Evil, not evil, evil again. I wish [Angel] would make up his mind." -- Gunn Angel and Fred finally -- as part of a failed attempt to distract Jasmine's followers. People really need to stop going off half-cocked when they watch The WB's always deceptive promos. Jasmine keeps calling people up to her room throughout most of the episode. We finally find out at the 52 minute mark that she's "eating" them to heal her and increase her power -- a pretty green glow is involved. Hey, didn't The Key used to glow green before the monks put it into Dawn? And didn't Darla call Angel her "dear sweet boy" too? "Tonight the role of Judas Ischariot will be played by Krevlorneswath of the Deathwalk Clan." -- Lorne In a nod to "The Gift," Fred and Angel decide to use Cordy's blood -- she did give birth to Jasmine after all -- to break Jasmine's on people. And it works. Lorne, Wesley, and Gunn are soon free of Jasmine's influence. But it doesn't work on Connor. Hmmm. I always figured that The Beast, not Connor was Jasmine's father. But this implies a stronger link between Connor and Jasmine. Of course, The Beast did rise in the exact same spot where Connor was born. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! -- "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" -- Winifred Burkle Roberto Castillo robertocastillo@ameritech.net http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2003-04-17 01:56:58-07:00 - Re: Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (zzzzara@my-deja.com)

Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<lh7s9v4jjjtcsjhe1uvut66e6luekmi7et@4ax.com>... > Spoilers for "The Magic Bullet" > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [snip] > In a nod to "The Gift," Fred and Angel decide to use Cordy's blood -- > she did give birth to Jasmine after all -- to break Jasmine's on > people. And it works. Lorne, Wesley, and Gunn are soon free of > Jasmine's influence. But it doesn't work on Connor. Hmmm. I always > figured that The Beast, not Connor was Jasmine's father. But this > implies a stronger link between Connor and Jasmine. Of course, The > Beast did rise in the exact same spot where Connor was born. > Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! alternatively it did work on Connor, but he doesn't care - this is the only time in his life he's experienced happiness and perhaps he wants to keep it that way > > -- > "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for > inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, > look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" > -- Winifred Burkle > > Roberto Castillo > robertocastillo@ameritech.net > http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2003-04-17 06:44:03+00:00 - Re: Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (Rob Myers <robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net>)

In article <lh7s9v4jjjtcsjhe1uvut66e6luekmi7et@4ax.com>, Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote: > Spoilers for "The Magic Bullet" > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Connor reveals that Holtz would tie him to a tree and abandon him for > days on end -- hey, who wouldn't. Yeah. To "train him as a tracker." Good one, Holtz. If I didn't know better, I'd think that Holtz had read "The Ransom of Red Chief." http://ppl.nhmccd.edu/~dcox/ohenry/ransom.html -- rob m at rob myers dot net

2003-04-17 06:57:28+00:00 - Re: Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid>)

Previously on alt.tv.angel, DELETE-ME-2-REPLY- robertocastillo@ameritech.net wrote in article <lh7s9v4jjjtcsjhe1uvut66e6luekmi7et@4ax.com>... > > Spoilers for "The Magic Bullet" > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [elided] > > Fred appears to have been on the run for three days (she later reveals > that it's been over a week since she ran, the three day figure is the > time since she last visited that particular book store) judging from > her conversation with Conspiracy Guy which was a real hoot. Jasmine's > mojo is so powerful that he no longer minds being controlled by > government installed implants. > [elided] > > Connor reveals that Holtz would tie him to a tree and abandon him for > days on end -- hey, who wouldn't. > [elided] > > Jasmine keeps calling people up to her room throughout most of the > episode. We finally find out at the 52 minute mark that she's "eating" > them to heal her and increase her power -- a pretty green glow is > involved. Hey, didn't The Key used to glow green before the monks put > it into Dawn? And didn't Darla call Angel her "dear sweet boy" too? > [elided] I took it to mean that it has been a week since Jasmine appeared. Fred bugged out a few days later. The backstory about Quortoth was chilling and, for me, helpful in understanding Connor's state of mind... such as it is. As for a possible connection between Jasmine and Dawn, please, please, don't go there. I am begging you. (-; -- Be seeing you, Growltiger

2003-04-17 14:29:51+00:00 - Re: Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (buffhunter@my-deja.com)

In article <lh7s9v4jjjtcsjhe1uvut66e6luekmi7et@4ax.com>, DELETE-ME-2- REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net says... > > Spoilers for "The Magic Bullet" > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The first half of "The Magic Bullet" are the funniest thirty or so > minutes of any Angel episode ever. The second half is a tight, > exciting story that moves the season arc along efficiently and > skillfully. > > The opening scene with The Beach Boys' song "Wouldn't it be Nice" > segueing into Fred being chased by Wesley and Gunn was perfect. > > Jasmine has turned the Hyperion Hotel into her own private Jonestown > and everybody but Fred is drinking her kool aid. > > Line of the year: > "There's not a huge demand for photobooks of serial killer autopsies > when you're living in a utopian wonderland." > -- Conspiracy Guy > > Fred appears to have been on the run for three days (she later reveals > that it's been over a week since she ran, the three day figure is the > time since she last visited that particular book store) judging from > her conversation with Conspiracy Guy which was a real hoot. Jasmine's > mojo is so powerful that he no longer minds being controlled by > government installed implants. > > "We don't need to use the evil tools of 'the man' when we have 'the > wo-man'." > -- Conspiracy Guy > > Connor reveals that Holtz would tie him to a tree and abandon him for > days on end -- hey, who wouldn't. > > Jasmine is hard at work on her new website but she feels that "it's > not the world's time yet." This explains why no one outside of LA is > affected by her mojo, she doesn't want it to spread any further yet. > She claims that she's still learning -- how to best enslave humanity > no doubt. LA is essentially the laboratory where Jasmine has chosen to > perfect her mind control and demon fighting techniques before going > global. > > Her power is growing and seems to feed off the fanatical devotion of > her followers. She has the AI staff hold hands with her in order to > mentally locate Fred. This is something she can't do alone -- yet. > Fred suddenly finds that no matter where she goes she is recognized by > everybody who sees her. The minds of her human worshippers are being > networked. And the connections are becoming stronger all the time. > This is a Borg-scale collective folks. > > After falling underground, Fred finds herself face to face with a > small demon who has been driven out of LA by Jasmine's demon hating > followers. Lorne appears to be exempt from this anti-demon jihad, > probably because he unlike other demons, he is not immune to Jasmine's > mojo. This could be due to his being from Pylea, where demons like him > occupy the same niche that humans do on Earth. > > Wesley and Gunn seem to channel quite a bit of their own jealousy into > the pursuit of Fred. Lorne hosts an open mic night where everybody > proclaims their love for Jasmine and hatred of Fred. Meanwhile, Fred > and the demon do a little bonding until Fred discovers that he preys > on humans and it tries to kill her. > > Fred returns to Conspiracy Guy's bookstore -- named appropriately > enough, "The Magic Bullet" -- and calls Jasmine out. We learn in very > dramatic fashion that it is indeed always about blood when Fred shoots > Jasmine. The bullet passes through her and hits Angel, mixing their > blood and breaking Jasmine's hold over Angel. > > "Evil, not evil, evil again. I wish [Angel] would make up his mind." > -- Gunn > > Angel and Fred finally -- as part of a failed attempt to distract > Jasmine's followers. People really need to stop going off half-cocked > when they watch The WB's always deceptive promos. > > Jasmine keeps calling people up to her room throughout most of the > episode. We finally find out at the 52 minute mark that she's "eating" > them to heal her and increase her power -- a pretty green glow is > involved. Hey, didn't The Key used to glow green before the monks put > it into Dawn? And didn't Darla call Angel her "dear sweet boy" too? > > "Tonight the role of Judas Ischariot will be played by Krevlorneswath > of the Deathwalk Clan." > -- Lorne > > In a nod to "The Gift," Fred and Angel decide to use Cordy's blood -- > she did give birth to Jasmine after all -- to break Jasmine's on > people. And it works. Lorne, Wesley, and Gunn are soon free of > Jasmine's influence. But it doesn't work on Connor. Hmmm. I always > figured that The Beast, not Connor was Jasmine's father. But this > implies a stronger link between Connor and Jasmine. Of course, The > Beast did rise in the exact same spot where Connor was born. > Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! > > -- > "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for > inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, > look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" > -- Winifred Burkle > > Roberto Castillo > robertocastillo@ameritech.net > http://www.enteract.com/~castillo > ---- It did work on Conner. He was sad and depressed for awhile. No act. Unfortunately, he has chosen to follow Jasmine. And I know why too. Man, and I thought Dawn had abandonment issues! Being abandon for up to 5 days at a time and having to escape from being tied to a tree by your father will do mental things to you. To give Holtz the benefit of the doubt he was probably trying to hone "Steven's" tracking powers to help him survive a hostile world. But what a mental toll it must had took on Conner. Jasmine made him happy, serene. It is only natural that he would willingly join with the only thing in his life that has given him joy and a feeling of belonging, of fitting in. So he made the near instant calculation and joined Jasmine, just like he could not turn his back on an obviously evil Cordy. -- ----->Hunter "No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'." -----William J. McDonald Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

2003-04-17 14:36:57-06:00 - Re: Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (NOSPAMrobertocastillo@ameritech.net)

zzzzara wrote: > Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<lh7s9v4jjjtcsjhe1uvut66e6luekmi7et@4ax.com>... > > Spoilers for "The Magic Bullet" > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [snip] > > > In a nod to "The Gift," Fred and Angel decide to use Cordy's blood -- > > she did give birth to Jasmine after all -- to break Jasmine's on > > people. And it works. Lorne, Wesley, and Gunn are soon free of > > Jasmine's influence. But it doesn't work on Connor. Hmmm. I always > > figured that The Beast, not Connor was Jasmine's father. But this > > implies a stronger link between Connor and Jasmine. Of course, The > > Beast did rise in the exact same spot where Connor was born. > > Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! > > alternatively it did work on Connor, but he doesn't care - this is the > only time in his life he's experienced happiness and perhaps he wants > to keep it that way Except that if it did work on Connor he would be feeling the same profound sadness as the rest of the AI crew. With his happiness gone, there is no motivation for Connor to keep up with the charade. -- Does this .sig make my butt look big? Roberto Castillo castillo@enteract.com http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2003-04-17 14:40:40+00:00 - Re: Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (Cindy G <groganc@remove_this_celticnet.org>)

"Zombie Elvis" <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:lh7s9v4jjjtcsjhe1uvut66e6luekmi7et@4ax.com... > > Spoilers for "The Magic Bullet" > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The first half of "The Magic Bullet" are the funniest thirty or so > minutes of any Angel episode ever. The second half is a tight, > exciting story that moves the season arc along efficiently and > skillfully. > > The opening scene with The Beach Boys' song "Wouldn't it be Nice" > segueing into Fred being chased by Wesley and Gunn was perfect. > > Jasmine has turned the Hyperion Hotel into her own private Jonestown > and everybody but Fred is drinking her kool aid. > > Line of the year: > "There's not a huge demand for photobooks of serial killer autopsies > when you're living in a utopian wonderland." > -- Conspiracy Guy > > Fred appears to have been on the run for three days (she later reveals > that it's been over a week since she ran, the three day figure is the > time since she last visited that particular book store) judging from > her conversation with Conspiracy Guy which was a real hoot. Jasmine's > mojo is so powerful that he no longer minds being controlled by > government installed implants. > > "We don't need to use the evil tools of 'the man' when we have 'the > wo-man'." > -- Conspiracy Guy > > Connor reveals that Holtz would tie him to a tree and abandon him for > days on end -- hey, who wouldn't. > > Jasmine is hard at work on her new website but she feels that "it's > not the world's time yet." This explains why no one outside of LA is > affected by her mojo, she doesn't want it to spread any further yet. > She claims that she's still learning -- how to best enslave humanity > no doubt. LA is essentially the laboratory where Jasmine has chosen to > perfect her mind control and demon fighting techniques before going > global. > > Her power is growing and seems to feed off the fanatical devotion of > her followers. She feeds alright, but it isn't off devotion. I didn't know exactly what she was up to, but I knew "inviting" those people upstairs was a bad thing. Of course, then we find out all that mind controlling causes her to be hungry. She has the AI staff hold hands with her in order to > mentally locate Fred. This is something she can't do alone -- yet. > Fred suddenly finds that no matter where she goes she is recognized by > everybody who sees her. The minds of her human worshippers are being > networked. And the connections are becoming stronger all the time. > This is a Borg-scale collective folks. > > After falling underground, Fred finds herself face to face with a > small demon who has been driven out of LA by Jasmine's demon hating > followers. Lorne appears to be exempt from this anti-demon jihad, > probably because he unlike other demons, he is not immune to Jasmine's > mojo. This could be due to his being from Pylea, where demons like him > occupy the same niche that humans do on Earth. > > Wesley and Gunn seem to channel quite a bit of their own jealousy into > the pursuit of Fred. Lorne hosts an open mic night where everybody > proclaims their love for Jasmine and hatred of Fred. Meanwhile, Fred > and the demon do a little bonding until Fred discovers that he preys > on humans and it tries to kill her. > > Fred returns to Conspiracy Guy's bookstore -- named appropriately > enough, "The Magic Bullet" -- and calls Jasmine out. We learn in very > dramatic fashion that it is indeed always about blood when Fred shoots > Jasmine. The bullet passes through her and hits Angel, mixing their > blood and breaking Jasmine's hold over Angel. > > "Evil, not evil, evil again. I wish [Angel] would make up his mind." > -- Gunn > > Angel and Fred finally -- as part of a failed attempt to distract > Jasmine's followers. People really need to stop going off half-cocked > when they watch The WB's always deceptive promos. > > Jasmine keeps calling people up to her room throughout most of the > episode. We finally find out at the 52 minute mark that she's "eating" > them to heal her and increase her power -- a pretty green glow is > involved. Hey, didn't The Key used to glow green before the monks put > it into Dawn? And didn't Darla call Angel her "dear sweet boy" too? > > "Tonight the role of Judas Ischariot will be played by Krevlorneswath > of the Deathwalk Clan." > -- Lorne > > In a nod to "The Gift," Fred and Angel decide to use Cordy's blood -- > she did give birth to Jasmine after all -- to break Jasmine's on > people. And it works. Lorne, Wesley, and Gunn are soon free of > Jasmine's influence. But it doesn't work on Connor. Hmmm. I always > figured that The Beast, not Connor was Jasmine's father. But this > implies a stronger link between Connor and Jasmine. Of course, The > Beast did rise in the exact same spot where Connor was born. > Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! > > -- > "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for > inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, > look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" > -- Winifred Burkle > > Roberto Castillo > robertocastillo@ameritech.net > http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2003-04-17 14:46:02+00:00 - Re: Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (Cindy G <groganc@remove_this_celticnet.org>)

"zzzzara" <zzzzara@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:a75dbe9c.0304170056.693aa238@posting.google.com... > Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<lh7s9v4jjjtcsjhe1uvut66e6luekmi7et@4ax.com>... > > Spoilers for "The Magic Bullet" > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [snip] > > > In a nod to "The Gift," Fred and Angel decide to use Cordy's blood -- > > she did give birth to Jasmine after all -- to break Jasmine's on > > people. And it works. Lorne, Wesley, and Gunn are soon free of > > Jasmine's influence. But it doesn't work on Connor. Hmmm. I always > > figured that The Beast, not Connor was Jasmine's father. But this > > implies a stronger link between Connor and Jasmine. Of course, The > > Beast did rise in the exact same spot where Connor was born. > > Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! > > alternatively it did work on Connor, but he doesn't care - this is the > only time in his life he's experienced happiness and perhaps he wants > to keep it that way I don't think it really worked on Connor. I think he was just fazed for a moment to get his bearings. Connor is learning how to play the AI group. I think because he is Jasmines paternal link, it didn't affect him. His blood coarses through her already. I wonder if perhaps it will be the blood that destroys her in the end. Maybe a mix of Connor and Cordy. Yeah, I know their blood made Jasmines but some things are stranger. Just like in life, sometimes a parents blood and a babies don't mix. Just a thought. Anyone else? > > > > > -- > > "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for > > inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, > > look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" > > -- Winifred Burkle > > > > Roberto Castillo > > robertocastillo@ameritech.net > > http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2003-04-17 15:03:38+00:00 - Re: Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (Tammy Stephanie Davis <tsdnospam@millipede.gpcc.itd.umich.edu>)

Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote: : Spoilers for "The Magic Bullet" : The first half of "The Magic Bullet" are the funniest thirty or so : minutes of any Angel episode ever. The second half is a tight, : exciting story that moves the season arc along efficiently and : skillfully. : The opening scene with The Beach Boys' song "Wouldn't it be Nice" : segueing into Fred being chased by Wesley and Gunn was perfect. Ahhhh, ME and their perverse sense of humor. Gotta love it! : Jasmine has turned the Hyperion Hotel into her own private Jonestown : and everybody but Fred is drinking her kool aid. With a smile on their face and a song in their heart (kinda reminds me of what Angel told Buffy when he first talks about Angelus' attitude toward killing during his pre-soul vampire years.) : Line of the year: : "There's not a huge demand for photobooks of serial killer autopsies : when you're living in a utopian wonderland." : -- Conspiracy Guy Maybe he should have put them on Ebay. ;) : Fred appears to have been on the run for three days (she later reveals : that it's been over a week since she ran, the three day figure is the : time since she last visited that particular book store) judging from : her conversation with Conspiracy Guy which was a real hoot. Jasmine's : mojo is so powerful that he no longer minds being controlled by : government installed implants. : "We don't need to use the evil tools of 'the man' when we have 'the : wo-man'." : -- Conspiracy Guy Funny and scary. : Connor reveals that Holtz would tie him to a tree and abandon him for : days on end -- hey, who wouldn't. This does verify what I've been saying all along about Holtz when people imply that he was a loving, protecting "father" to Connor. The man was a sadistic, sick bastard who emotionally and physically abused everyone around him. And Connor was with this asshole - alone, with no other human contact - for over sixteen years. True, this doesn't excuse the evil path that Connor has freely chosen to walk, but this sure provides ample explaination as to why he's walking it. : Jasmine is hard at work on her new website but she feels that "it's : not the world's time yet." This explains why no one outside of LA is : affected by her mojo, she doesn't want it to spread any further yet. : She claims that she's still learning -- how to best enslave humanity : no doubt. LA is essentially the laboratory where Jasmine has chosen to : perfect her mind control and demon fighting techniques before going : global. This would explain her reaction when she realizes that her blood breaks her spell. She seemed geninually shocked - apparently having no clue whatsoever that this was the case. : Her power is growing and seems to feed off the fanatical devotion of : her followers. She has the AI staff hold hands with her in order to : mentally locate Fred. This is something she can't do alone -- yet. : Fred suddenly finds that no matter where she goes she is recognized by : everybody who sees her. The minds of her human worshippers are being : networked. And the connections are becoming stronger all the time. : This is a Borg-scale collective folks. Well then all we need to do is contact Star Trek Voyager! Then Jasmine and her followers would then be stripped of about seventy percent of their power, eighty percent of their intimidation, and about one hundred precent of the fear factor. So when Voyager is done, the Collective would be just feeble shells of their former selfs and a total laughing stock in the super villian community! Not that I'm bitter, mind you.... : After falling underground, Fred finds herself face to face with a : small demon who has been driven out of LA by Jasmine's demon hating : followers. Lorne appears to be exempt from this anti-demon jihad, : probably because he unlike other demons, he is not immune to Jasmine's : mojo. This could be due to his being from Pylea, where demons like him : occupy the same niche that humans do on Earth. Could be. I'd be very interested in finding out exactly why Lorne fell under Jasmine's spell. Doesn't mean ME will tell me though. : Wesley and Gunn seem to channel quite a bit of their own jealousy into : the pursuit of Fred. Lorne hosts an open mic night where everybody : proclaims their love for Jasmine and hatred of Fred. Meanwhile, Fred : and the demon do a little bonding until Fred discovers that he preys : on humans and it tries to kill her. Attempted murder always dampens a budding friendship. : Fred returns to Conspiracy Guy's bookstore -- named appropriately : enough, "The Magic Bullet" -- and calls Jasmine out. We learn in very : dramatic fashion that it is indeed always about blood when Fred shoots : Jasmine. The bullet passes through her and hits Angel, mixing their : blood and breaking Jasmine's hold over Angel. Should it be mentioned how extremely lucky Fred was that everyone lined up just right - she, Jasmine and Angel - for this to work. Guess not. : "Evil, not evil, evil again. I wish [Angel] would make up his mind." : -- Gunn Totally forgetting, of course, that Charles and the others played an active role in helping Angel become evil the last time. : Angel and Fred finally -- as part of a failed attempt to distract : Jasmine's followers. People really need to stop going off half-cocked : when they watch The WB's always deceptive promos. Trust me, WB's promos are nothing compared to UPN's in the deceptive advertising department. : Jasmine keeps calling people up to her room throughout most of the : episode. We finally find out at the 52 minute mark that she's "eating" : them to heal her and increase her power -- a pretty green glow is : involved. Hey, didn't The Key used to glow green before the monks put : it into Dawn? And didn't Darla call Angel her "dear sweet boy" too? I swear, the moment Connor asked Jasmine what she had done with those three people, I said out loud "She ate them." a split second before Jasmine said "I ate them." Great minds think alike. ;) : "Tonight the role of Judas Ischariot will be played by Krevlorneswath : of the Deathwalk Clan." : -- Lorne : In a nod to "The Gift," Fred and Angel decide to use Cordy's blood -- : she did give birth to Jasmine after all -- to break Jasmine's on : people. And it works. Lorne, Wesley, and Gunn are soon free of : Jasmine's influence. But it doesn't work on Connor. Hmmm. I always : figured that The Beast, not Connor was Jasmine's father. But this : implies a stronger link between Connor and Jasmine. Of course, The : Beast did rise in the exact same spot where Connor was born. : Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I *knew* Connor would betray them. I don't know if its because the blood didn't work or he just won't let go of the illusion or he's evil or crazy or a little of everything.

2003-04-17 15:21:09-07:00 - Re: Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (tnab76@yahoo.com)

zzzzara@my-deja.com (zzzzara) wrote in message news:<a75dbe9c.0304170056.693aa238@posting.google.com>... > Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<lh7s9v4jjjtcsjhe1uvut66e6luekmi7et@4ax.com>... > > Spoilers for "The Magic Bullet" > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [snip] > > > In a nod to "The Gift," Fred and Angel decide to use Cordy's blood -- > > she did give birth to Jasmine after all -- to break Jasmine's on > > people. And it works. Lorne, Wesley, and Gunn are soon free of > > Jasmine's influence. But it doesn't work on Connor. Hmmm. I always > > figured that The Beast, not Connor was Jasmine's father. But this > > implies a stronger link between Connor and Jasmine. Of course, The > > Beast did rise in the exact same spot where Connor was born. > > Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! > > alternatively it did work on Connor, but he doesn't care - this is the > only time in his life he's experienced happiness and perhaps he wants > to keep it that way After rewatching this episode, I'm positive that's what happened. The look on Connor's face when he stopped struggling. There was despair. It could come from one of two places--loss of faith in Jasmine or loss of faith in his family. I think the Jasmine spell would make him really not care about losing his family. It could even be said that he has a truer faith in Jasmine now, as it's of his own volition. Kenny

2003-04-17 22:51:45+10:00 - Re: Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (Bingus <bingus@netspace.net.au-nospam->)

2003-04-18 01:48:37+00:00 - Re: Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (Larry Caldwell <larryc@teleport.com>)

buffhunter@my-deja.com (Hunter) writes: > It did work on Conner. He was sad and depressed for awhile. No act. > Unfortunately, he has chosen to follow Jasmine. And I know why too. I think you are wrong. Connor was already under the control of Evil Cordelia before Jasmine was born. He is not free because Jasmine was not the one who enslaved him. -- http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

2003-04-18 06:31:58+00:00 - Re: Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (buffhunter@my-deja.com)

In article <MPG.1908f83f2c5b2b8b98aa27@news.earthlink.net>, larryc@teleport.com says... > buffhunter@my-deja.com (Hunter) writes: > > > It did work on Conner. He was sad and depressed for awhile. No act. > > Unfortunately, he has chosen to follow Jasmine. And I know why too. > > I think you are wrong. Connor was already under the control of Evil > Cordelia before Jasmine was born. He is not free because Jasmine was not > the one who enslaved him. > > --- If you mean direct mind control or at least influence, no, he had his own free will. He was not under any mind control from ECordy. It was his own desire to connect that ECordy played on. When Jasmine was born and he laid eyes on her then he lost his free will, but now that he is his desolate, lonely self again he has chosen Jasmine despite the blood cure. It was the only happiness he had ever known. -- ----->Hunter "No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'." -----William J. McDonald Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

2003-04-19 16:51:12-07:00 - Re: Holy Hive-mind Batman! ("The Magic Bullet" Spoilers) - (zzzzara@my-deja.com)

NOSPAMrobertocastillo@ameritech.net (Zombie Elvis) wrote in message news:<BAC46C89yf@ameritech.net>... > zzzzara wrote: > > > Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote > in message news:<lh7s9v4jjjtcsjhe1uvut66e6luekmi7et@4ax.com>... > > > Spoilers for "The Magic Bullet" > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [snip] > > > > > In a nod to "The Gift," Fred and Angel decide to use Cordy's blood > -- > > > she did give birth to Jasmine after all -- to break Jasmine's on > > > people. And it works. Lorne, Wesley, and Gunn are soon free of > > > Jasmine's influence. But it doesn't work on Connor. Hmmm. I always > > > figured that The Beast, not Connor was Jasmine's father. But this > > > implies a stronger link between Connor and Jasmine. Of course, The > > > Beast did rise in the exact same spot where Connor was born. > > > Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! > > > > alternatively it did work on Connor, but he doesn't care - this is > the > > only time in his life he's experienced happiness and perhaps he > wants > > to keep it that way > > Except that if it did work on Connor he would be feeling the same > profound sadness as the rest of the AI crew. With his happiness gone, > there is no motivation for Connor to keep up with the charade. he's always been a profoundly sad, miserable little git: Jasmine made him happy and he may be content to stay that way even if she is an ugly, maggot infested, demon.