FLM films - My Webpage

2004-05-19 21:40:18-04:00 - You are not unpleasant to my eye? - (nfway <me@here.com>)

Does Gunn have to get every incarnation of Fred's female form? (Somehow it doesn't seem to be so necessary to include spoiler space anymore.)

2004-05-20 09:31:30-07:00 - Re: You are not unpleasant to my eye? - (reldevik@usa.net)

nfway <me@here.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b15d68a8917004a989a54@news-east.giganews.com>... > Does Gunn have to get every incarnation of Fred's female form? > > (Somehow it doesn't seem to be so necessary to include spoiler space > anymore.) --Fred was attracted to Gunn. Illyria has a lot of Fred's memories and tastes. It's as simple as that. Doesn't mean Gunn and Illyria will ever hook up in future (if they even survive the dragon). Clairel

2004-05-20 16:44:12+00:00 - Re: You are not unpleasant to my eye? - (Pnoi <pnoi@kremlin.nyet.ru>)

On Wed, 19 May 2004 21:40:18 -0400, I had to reply to what nfway wrote: > Does Gunn have to get every incarnation of Fred's female form? > > (Somehow it doesn't seem to be so necessary to include spoiler space > anymore.) The tell was not the "unpleasant to my eye" line but the "shall I lie to you now" line. Now that the backstabbing, meddling, unfaithful, spiteful Wes is gone (never to return one hopes) maybe Illyria will explore her human feelings with Gunn, after all she did rescue him from the neither world. The only reason backstabber wanted Fred was that Fred was with Gunn. Fred went with Wesley after Cordy's return because Gunn wasn't there for her. During the Angelus escape Fred told Gunn she wanted their relationship to return to the way it had been. Despite the last 5-6 episodes Fred with Gunn was the better relationship, like Darla's love for Angel/Angelus. Gunn always tried to do the right thing for the right reasons, he killed a human to protect his gal, was always loyal to AI, always helped righteous causes (the center, his buds, Gwen's quest), paid his debts, freed Lindsay and never stabbed a comrade. I was pleasantly surprised with the Fred and Gunn relationship and with the Wes and Lilah relationship even as I began to dislike Wes. I thought the acting looked the least forced. The Wes and Fred relationship looked very phony so I wasn't surprised ME created Illyria who was untouchable to Wes.

2004-05-20 19:40:54+00:00 - Re: You are not unpleasant to my eye? - ("R. Watson" <shanovia@earthlink.net>)

"Pnoi" <pnoi@kremlin.nyet.ru> wrote in message news:pan.2004.05.20.16.46.59.26807@kremlin.nyet.ru... > On Wed, 19 May 2004 21:40:18 -0400, I had to reply to what nfway wrote: > > > Does Gunn have to get every incarnation of Fred's female form? > > > > (Somehow it doesn't seem to be so necessary to include spoiler space > > anymore.) > > The tell was not the "unpleasant to my eye" line but the "shall I lie to > you now" line. Now that the backstabbing, meddling, unfaithful, spiteful > Wes is gone (never to return one hopes) maybe Illyria will explore her > human feelings with Gunn, after all she did rescue him from the neither > world. Sounds good to me. I think it would be easy for Illyria and Gunn to have a "hookup". Seriously Illyria seems the type of demon who like strong men. I think Gunn and Spike could make good candidates. She was feeling sorry for Wes since day one and I think in the end, her grief over his death will be short. She had an almost similar reaction, smaller scale when Knox was killed. > The only reason backstabber wanted Fred was that Fred was with Gunn. > Fred went with Wesley after Cordy's return because Gunn wasn't there for > her. During the Angelus escape Fred told Gunn she wanted their > relationship to return to the way it had been. Despite the last 5-6 > episodes Fred with Gunn was the better relationship, like Darla's love for > Angel/Angelus. Agree. If Gunn/Fred had less chemistry(some say) than Wes/Fred had zero chemistry. > Gunn always tried to do the right thing for the right reasons, he killed a > human to protect his gal, was always loyal to AI, always helped righteous > causes (the center, his buds, Gwen's quest), paid his debts, freed Lindsay > and never stabbed a comrade. True. Gunn remained honorable even with his brain upgrade. And he never accused or blame anyone for Fred death. He accepted his fate. > I was pleasantly surprised with the Fred and Gunn relationship and with > the Wes and Lilah relationship even as I began to dislike Wes. I thought > the acting looked the least forced. The Wes and Fred relationship looked > very phony so I wasn't surprised ME created Illyria who was untouchable to > Wes. Clearly Illyria was create because Fred character was boring and people were getting tired of this Wesley loves Fred stuff. Its funny how I've taken to Illyria compare to Fred.

2004-05-20 23:00:09+00:00 - Re: You are not unpleasant to my eye? - (Sami <Samirella@yahoo.com>)

"nfway" <me@here.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1b15d68a8917004a989a54@news-east.giganews.com... > Does Gunn have to get every incarnation of Fred's female form? > > (Somehow it doesn't seem to be so necessary to include spoiler space > anymore.) > I loved that line. "Try not to die. You are not unpleasant to my eye".