FLM films - My Webpage

2002-10-27 22:22:59-05:00 - eww - ick spoilers for tonigthts episode - (Sue <ssnbrtn@aol.com>)

spoilers for tonights US episode Ewww! Ick! If I wanted this kind of torment I'd watch daytime tv. I love this show. I've never seen an episode I didn't like until now. So they want to send Angel and Cordelia back to square one. Fine. I can deal. But not this way. Hopefully the previews for next weeks episode are misleading. I hope the C/C is over by the next week or I may have to stop watching.

2002-10-29 10:38:12-05:00 - Re: eww - ick spoilers for tonigthts episode - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@yahoo.com>)

"Sue" <ssnbrtn@aol.com> wrote in message news:urr7onbovtgu31@corp.supernews.com... > > "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:z5Cdncw5ELF2_iCgXTWcpg@comcast.com... > > > > "Sue" <ssnbrtn@aol.com> wrote in message > > news:urpbe4g97sat8e@corp.supernews.com... > > > spoilers for tonights US episode > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Ewww! Ick! If I wanted this kind of torment I'd watch daytime tv. I > > love > > > this show. I've never seen an episode I didn't like until now. So they > > > want to send Angel and Cordelia back to square one. Fine. I can deal. > > But > > > not this way. Hopefully the previews for next weeks episode are > > misleading. > > > I hope the C/C is over by the next week or I may have to stop watching. > > > > > It never fails to surprise me that the idea of a young, healthy, *alive*, > > woman in a relationship with a 250 year old, dead, creature of the night > is > > more acceptable to some viewers than the notion of that same woman in a > > relationship with another young, healthy, *alive* man who is a few years > > younger than she is. Not that I think Cordelia belongs with either one > of > > them. Imo, Groo was the one for her and she let him go. Still, if I have > > to choose between A/C and C/C, I'll take C/C any day of the week. > > > > > I just think it is so soap operish to have a character lose their memory and > start seeing their old loves child (who just wants to hurt dad anyway). It is soap operaish. ME has a gift for the genre. I don't think Cordelia ever really loved Angel so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me so much. > Cordelia and Connor don't bother me to much. But last season both before > and after he went to the hell dimension Cordelia was acting as Connor's > Mother. Eh, I suppose. But, so were Wesley, Lorne, Fred, and Gunn. I guess that means that Connor can't fall in love with any of them, either. ;) What really bothers me is the Cordelia/Angel TO > Cordelia/Angel's Enemy or Cordelia/Angel's Child. > I guess it also turned my stomach alot to see Connor so obviously play > Cordelia, and for her to fall for it. Soap Opera all the way. > I thought Connor seemed really genuine in this ep. Considering I was calling him an evil little psychopath at the end of the first ep, I've come along way. He seems to be pure Slayer to me. A little Faithish. Or Buffyish in the Wishverse. Someone who has spent his whole life slaying and destroying things without a lot of human connection. I suppose he had a little human love if you want to consider Holtz as a human. Shannon

2002-10-29 10:45:23-05:00 - Re: eww - ick spoilers for tonigthts episode - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@yahoo.com>)

"Toodles" <Diva2525@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:3DBDC47C.2060201@pacbell.net... > DarkMagic wrote: > > "Sue" <ssnbrtn@aol.com> wrote in message > > news:urpbe4g97sat8e@corp.supernews.com... > > > >>spoilers for tonights US episode > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > > >>I hope the C/C is over by the next week or I may have to stop watching. > >> > I agree. It's just so icky. Although I probably wouldn't stop > watching, I will have my finger on the FF button. :-) > > > > It never fails to surprise me that the idea of a young, healthy, *alive*, > > woman in a relationship with a 250 year old, dead, creature of the night is > > more acceptable to some viewers than the notion of that same woman in a > > relationship with another young, healthy, *alive* man who is a few years > > younger than she is. Not that I think Cordelia belongs with either one of > > them. Imo, Groo was the one for her and she let him go. Still, if I have > > to choose between A/C and C/C, I'll take C/C any day of the week. > > I have no problems with a older woman dating a younger man. More power > to you, I say. Although I'm a woman, I plan on going through Male > Menopause, i.e., I'm going to date studly , hot hot HOT 18 year old boys > and buy a fancy red sports car. However, I do agree that Connor/Cordy > relationship is disturbing on so many levels. It has little to do with > the age factor. > > The age thing is disturbing not because she's a few years older but > because a few months ago he was an infant and Cordy was acting in a > motherly role. Their relationship has Mary-Kay Laterno or Woody > Allen/Soon Yee written all over it. YeeEeww-yuck.... > Not really. Connor was only a few months old when he was kidnapped. He doesn't remember Cordelia taking care of him. And, for that matter, Cordelia doesn't remember ever taking care of him. So, the question here is, I suppose, are you responsible for feeling guilty over things that you experienced, but no longer have any recollection of? > Then, there is the fact that she was/is in love with Angel and now > there's a suggestion that she's will be doing his son. Father/son > triangles... Eeww-yuck... > A non-issue for me. Because I don't think Cordelia ever really loved Angel. I'm not sure if Angel really loves Cordelia. And it's only a yucky triangle if they actually get into bed together. In that case, I'll be Eewwww-Yucking right alongside you.;) > Then, there is the fact that Connor tried to kill her, had a knife to > her throat. Oopsy.. Having sex with a guy who tried to murder you. > Eeww-yuck.... > Oh, come on! Angel has tried to kill Cordelia and all of her friends. Wesley and Lilah are together now because he choked her in the bar. Not pretty, I agree. But, this is ME we're talking about. > I could probably think of a lot more but it's starting to creep me out. > Double Yuck. I think I have to go and take a shower now. > My advice is, don't think about it. Just go with the flow. ;) Shannon> > >

2002-10-29 13:08:20-05:00 - Re: eww - ick spoilers for tonigthts episode - (Chelsea Christenson <Chelsea.Christenson@oracle.com>)

Sue wrote: > spoilers for tonights US episode > > Ewww! Ick! > <chop> > Hopefully the previews for next weeks episode are misleading. If they were UPN previews, we'd know we were safe.