FLM films - My Webpage

2004-02-24 11:42:34-05:00 - new watcher of angel (a little late I guess) - (Lori Pompili <legolas726@buckeye-express.com>)

I started watching angel last year, and really got hooked. I have bought the first three seasons on dvd to catch up. Now it gets cancelled. My luck I guess. Does anybody think sci fi channel might pick it up? They picked up stargate sg1 and that didn't seemt o have the following that angel has. Lori

2004-02-24 13:15:21-06:00 - Re: new watcher of angel (a little late I guess) - (Thirsty Viking <john_doerter@hotmail.com>)

"Lori Pompili" <legolas726@buckeye-express.com> wrote in message news:qomdnT0UgNCd4qbdRVn-gw@buckeye-express.com... > I started watching angel last year, and really got hooked. I have bought > the first three seasons on dvd to catch up. Now it gets cancelled. My luck > I guess. Does anybody think sci fi channel might pick it up? They picked > up stargate sg1 and that didn't seemt o have the following that angel has. > They passed on FireFly which was a much better fit for them IMO.

2004-02-24 18:52:41+00:00 - Re: new watcher of angel (a little late I guess) - (Aaron Pynn <acpynn@nf.sympatico.ca>)

Does anybody think sci fi channel might pick it up? They picked > up stargate sg1 and that didn't seemt o have the following that angel has. > Stargate is actually a very high rated syndicated program. It's considered one of the biggies..Yeah I know that surprised me too. Didn't they also pick up the cult hit Sliders(I loved that show) and I heard but never saw the episodes that they picked up VR-5 as well. I would like to see Angel go somewhere like that, but unlike the shows Stargate, VR-5, and Sliders, the people on Angel would probably not let there show get picked up by a "speciality network." Whedon would probably think that is beneath him. I'd be pleseantly surprised if oit did. I have to be honest though as of this season and the later part of the last the words " Jumping the Shark" applies to Angel a lot lately.... I told a friend of mine who doesn't watch Angel that much but does like that stuff and he wasn't surprised, he said most of his friends that did watch it found it was becoming to much like the WB series Charmed and stopped watching this season.

2004-02-24 19:44:06+00:00 - Re: new watcher of angel (a little late I guess) - (Aaron Pynn <acpynn@nf.sympatico.ca>)

"> They passed on FireFly which was a much better fit for them IMO. > > They passed on Firefly...man that would have been a perfect fit...