FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-30 15:52:34-08:00 - Buffy/Angel crossover(minor spoiler +speculation) - (barnett@shentel.net)

Spoiler space The spoiler being that Buffy and Angel are going to be doing a crossover. I think the FE should start impersonating Angel. I wonder if it could impersonate Gunn. After all he died, thanks to Gwen but we don't know if it's death, or actually passing on which Gunn and Buffy the first time didn't have time for. JLB

2003-02-01 11:26:40+00:00 - Re: Buffy/Angel crossover(minor spoiler +speculation) - (Adam Johnston <no.spam@here.com>)

Didn't think they could do crossovers now that the shows are on different networks... "JLB" <barnett@shentel.net> wrote in message news:c7b2ff96.0301301552.21261d51@posting.google.com... > Spoiler space > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The spoiler being that Buffy and Angel are going to be doing a > crossover. I think the FE should start impersonating Angel. I wonder > if it could impersonate Gunn. After all he died, thanks to Gwen but > we don't know if it's death, or actually passing on which Gunn and > Buffy the first time didn't have time for. > > JLB

2003-02-02 01:05:24-06:00 - Re: Buffy/Angel crossover(minor spoiler +speculation) - (Barb <noway@yahoo.com>)

"Adam Johnston" <no.spam@here.com> wrote in message news:p8O_9.533$AC2.74761@newsfep2-gui... > Didn't think they could do crossovers now that the shows are on different > networks... > It's gona be allowed this season...probably cause it looks like it's gona be the last season of Buffy. Barb

2003-02-02 14:04:36-08:00 - Re: Buffy/Angel crossover(minor spoiler +speculation) - (barnett@shentel.net)

PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<antarian-A7A122.09083702022003@newssvr19-ext.news.prodigy.com>... > to set the record straight > > The WB has stated publicly (ie, in the industry trades) that they have > no issues with David appearing on an ep of Buffy if > 1. it is for certain Sarah's last appearance on the show (in other > words, the issue of her contract must be resolved to the negative to > continue) > 2. Joss and Co can argue that it is creatively needed (they can't just > shove Angel in to do it, they have to make it work in the storyline > somehow) Well, they're making Willow appear in ANgel so I think they can make any of the characters crossover. JLB

2003-02-02 17:07:52+00:00 - Re: Buffy/Angel crossover(minor spoiler +speculation) - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

2003-02-02 18:35:10-08:00 - Re: Buffy/Angel crossover(minor spoiler +speculation) - (barnett@shentel.net)

PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<antarian-A64BEF.14422902022003@newssvr19-ext.news.prodigy.com>... > In article <c7b2ff96.0302021404.2bd3c90c@posting.google.com>, > barnett@shentel.net (JLB) wrote: > > > PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote in message > > news:<antarian-A7A122.09083702022003@newssvr19-ext.news.prodigy.com>... > > > to set the record straight > > > > > > The WB has stated publicly (ie, in the industry trades) that they have > > > no issues with David appearing on an ep of Buffy if > > > 1. it is for certain Sarah's last appearance on the show (in other > > > words, the issue of her contract must be resolved to the negative to > > > continue) > > > 2. Joss and Co can argue that it is creatively needed (they can't just > > > shove Angel in to do it, they have to make it work in the storyline > > > somehow) > > > > Well, they're making Willow appear in ANgel so I think they can make > > any of the characters crossover. > > Likely only because they were able to show that they needed it > storywise. That is always going to be the top rule. Well with a potentially massive battle against the First Evil I think they can justify any crossover. In fact I wouldn't be surprised, if they have an appropriate agreement in place if they essentially make ut a two part episode with the other finale airing before the next season. After all didn't "The Gift" air on UPN before "Bargaining"? JLB

2003-02-02 22:41:43+00:00 - Re: Buffy/Angel crossover(minor spoiler +speculation) - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

2003-02-03 01:53:13-05:00 - Re: Buffy/Angel crossover(minor spoiler +speculation) - (David Cheatham <david@creeknet.com>)

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 14:04:36 -0800, JLB wrote: > PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote in message > news:<antarian-A7A122.09083702022003@newssvr19-ext.news.prodigy.com>... >> to set the record straight >> >> The WB has stated publicly (ie, in the industry trades) that they have >> no issues with David appearing on an ep of Buffy if 1. it is for certain >> Sarah's last appearance on the show (in other words, the issue of her >> contract must be resolved to the negative to continue) >> 2. Joss and Co can argue that it is creatively needed (they can't just >> shove Angel in to do it, they have to make it work in the storyline >> somehow) > > Well, they're making Willow appear in ANgel so I think they can make any > of the characters crossover. That's a crossover in the other direction, and that one is UPN's call. Although I'm not entirely sure why UPN is allowing it, because there really isn't any point in promoting Buffy anymore, and that's about the only reason to do it. Maybe UPN just wants to look good, or thinks Angel is being cancelled also. I utterly understand why the WB is allowing crossovers...crossovers promote both shows, and they don't have any problem promoting a show on another network that's five episodes away from ending. (Which is why they say 'Sarah's last appearance'.) -- David Cheatham <david@creeknet.com> NOYFB, P

2003-02-04 20:30:55+00:00 - Re: Buffy/Angel crossover(minor spoiler +speculation) - (Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid>)

Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, barnett@shentel.net wrote in article <c7b2ff96.0301301552.21261d51@posting.google.com>... > Spoiler space > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The spoiler being that Buffy and Angel are going to be doing a > crossover. I think the FE should start impersonating Angel. I wonder > if it could impersonate Gunn. After all he died, thanks to Gwen but > we don't know if it's death, or actually passing on which Gunn and > Buffy the first time didn't have time for. > Oh, now that is diabolical. Of course Gunn qualifies and so there is yet another possibility for a non-crossover crossover. -- Be seeing you, Growltiger