FLM films - My Webpage

2004-02-05 18:19:48-06:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (Thirsty Viking <john_doerter@hotmail.com>)

"shawn" <shawn@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:e0n520t4kogh2q8kg13ooku9lvoj991nii@4ax.com... > "Bryan Fellows" <BryanFellows@SafariPlanet.com> wrote: > > >No wonder she quit. > > > >From www.darkhorizons.com > > > >Wonder Woman: TV Guide reports that Charisma Carpenter is keen on the role. > > > > She's only hoping that she gets the role. No one currently has > definite plans for making the movie. The movie might never be made or > it might be made next year. After she appears in playboy, they might be more anxious to make the film.

2004-02-05 22:43:59-05:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (Morpheus <carterr@miskatonic.edu>)

"Bryan Fellows" <BryanFellows@SafariPlanet.com> wrote in message news:BjAUb.146846$9Ce1.142965@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > No wonder she quit. > > From www.darkhorizons.com > > Wonder Woman: TV Guide reports that Charisma Carpenter is keen on the role. > > It seems like we've been hearing about this Wonder Woman movie for a while. Wasn't Lucy Lawless supposed to be trying for this after Xena ended?

2004-02-05 23:27:29+00:00 - Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (Bryan Fellows <BryanFellows@SafariPlanet.com>)

No wonder she quit.

2004-02-05 23:30:24+00:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (Bryan Fellows <BryanFellows@SafariPlanet.com>)

Oops, didn't see that someone beat me to the post....GRRRR!!! ARRGHH!! "Bryan Fellows" <BryanFellows@SafariPlanet.com> wrote in message news:BjAUb.146846$9Ce1.142965@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > No wonder she quit. > > From www.darkhorizons.com > > Wonder Woman: TV Guide reports that Charisma Carpenter is keen on the role. > >

2004-02-05 23:52:31-05:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (forge <forge@diespammersdie.youneedageek.com>)

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 03:41:38 GMT, "Jade" <NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote: >I thought SMG was going to do it. Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah, SMG, amazon, that'll happen.

2004-02-06 02:00:05+00:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (Buckaroo Banzai <blackhole34@yahoo.com>)

"Bryan Fellows" <BryanFellows@SafariPlanet.com> wrote in message news:BjAUb.146846$9Ce1.142965@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > No wonder she quit. > > From www.darkhorizons.com > > Wonder Woman: TV Guide reports that Charisma Carpenter is keen on the role. > > NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Jennifer Connelly, where are you when we need you most?????

2004-02-06 03:41:38+00:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (Jade <NOSPAM@yahoo.com>)

I thought SMG was going to do it. "Bryan Fellows" <BryanFellows@SafariPlanet.com> wrote in message news:BjAUb.146846$9Ce1.142965@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > No wonder she quit. > > From www.darkhorizons.com > > Wonder Woman: TV Guide reports that Charisma Carpenter is keen on the role. > >

2004-02-06 08:50:16+00:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

Unless a major A-list female star(of which only a few exist at any one time) really wants to do this picture, I believe this project will never be greenlighted by a major studio. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this movie to be made.

2004-02-06 10:35:19-05:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (NickKnight <NickKnightSTILLNOSPAMonFK@hotmail.com>)

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 03:41:38 GMT, "Jade" <NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote: >I thought SMG was going to do it. I can see the headline now: "SMG throws hissy fit when she finds Charisma Carpenter got the role of Wonder Woman and she didn't." -------------------------------------------- "It took us 15 years to McGyver this thing." -------------------------Carter on Stargate To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

2004-02-06 11:19:36-07:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com>)

chi91111@aol.com (CHI91111) wrote: >>Wonder Woman: TV Guide reports that Charisma Carpenter is keen on the role. > >She has no chance of landing this role. The studio wants an "A-list" (Sandra >Bullock, Ashley Judd) actress to play the role. Trouble is, all the "A-list" >actresses out there are in their mid-30's or older and the estate of Wonder >Woman's creator reportedly wants someone younger, like Jessica Alba, Katie >Holmes or an unknown in her early 20's to build the franchise around......... >If I were a betting man, I'd bet the estate gets their way eventually, albeit >in a much lower budget production. William Moulton Marston's estate has every bit as much say in how Wonder Woman is done as Jack Kirby's estate does with Captain America, i.e., none. Wonder Woman is a wholly owned product of DC comics, which is a Time-Warner company (just as Captain America is a wholly owned product of Marvel). Marston was doing work-for-hire when he created Wonder Woman and held no legal rights to the character. The division falls more on how it goes forward. If it goes forward as a big budget movie, Warner is going to want a big name attached, either as producer/director or as star or both. If it goes forward as a tv project, well, we all know the WB's desired demographic, and have the example of Smallville to see the likelihoods. Charisma's best hope is that it goes forward as a big budget movie, pushed by a big name producer (which means they might be more open to a 'right fit' lead than a big name lead). -- You've reached the Tittles. We can't come to the phone right now If you want to leave a message for Christine, Press 1 For Bentley, Press 2 Or to speak to, or worship, Master Tarfall, Underlord of Pain, Press 3

2004-02-06 12:53:10-08:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (buffhunter@my-deja.com)

"Bryan Fellows" <BryanFellows@SafariPlanet.com> wrote in message news:<BjAUb.146846$9Ce1.142965@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>... > No wonder she quit. > > From www.darkhorizons.com > > Wonder Woman: TV Guide reports that Charisma Carpenter is keen on the role. --- She would be near perfect. The only thing is that she would be a little short for the role. A good choice would be Brooke Sheilds. Put Charisma's boobs on Brooke and you would have perfection for the role. :-) ---->Hunter

2004-02-06 12:55:38-08:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (buffhunter@my-deja.com)

"Jade" <NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<S1EUb.6$2E3.1076@news-west.eli.net>... > I thought SMG was going to do it. > > "Bryan Fellows" <BryanFellows@SafariPlanet.com> wrote in message > news:BjAUb.146846$9Ce1.142965@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > > No wonder she quit. > > > > From www.darkhorizons.com > > > > Wonder Woman: TV Guide reports that Charisma Carpenter is keen on the > role. > > > > ----- WWWWWWaaaaaaayyyyyy too short. Whomever it may be, just don't cut Wonder Woman's hair. ---->Hunter

2004-02-06 12:56:12-06:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (Avatar <avatar@donoteventhinkaboutit.com>)

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:19:36 -0700, William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com> wrote: >chi91111@aol.com (CHI91111) wrote: >>>Wonder Woman: TV Guide reports that Charisma Carpenter is keen on the role. >> >>She has no chance of landing this role. The studio wants an "A-list" (Sandra >>Bullock, Ashley Judd) actress to play the role. Trouble is, all the "A-list" >>actresses out there are in their mid-30's or older and the estate of Wonder >>Woman's creator reportedly wants someone younger, like Jessica Alba, Katie >>Holmes or an unknown in her early 20's to build the franchise around......... >>If I were a betting man, I'd bet the estate gets their way eventually, albeit >>in a much lower budget production. > >William Moulton Marston's estate has every bit as much say in how Wonder >Woman is done as Jack Kirby's estate does with Captain America, i.e., > none. > >Wonder Woman is a wholly owned product of DC comics, which is a >Time-Warner company (just as Captain America is a wholly owned product of >Marvel). Marston was doing work-for-hire when he created Wonder Woman >and held no legal rights to the character. > >The division falls more on how it goes forward. If it goes forward as a >big budget movie, Warner is going to want a big name attached, either as >producer/director or as star or both. If it goes forward as a tv >project, well, we all know the WB's desired demographic, and have the >example of Smallville to see the likelihoods. > >Charisma's best hope is that it goes forward as a big budget movie, >pushed by a big name producer (which means they might be more open to a >'right fit' lead than a big name lead). Hopefully they will cast her as the (relative) unknown star and a big name for the villan. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sooner or later, all of our names wind up on a Post-It. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004-02-06 13:59:15+00:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (tsd@robotron.gpcc.itd.umich.edu)

In article <nb7620p25smoloss02o9gnn63d4171efcn@4ax.com>, forge <forge@diespammersdie.youneedageek.com> wrote: :On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 03:41:38 GMT, "Jade" <NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote: : :>I thought SMG was going to do it. : :Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah, SMG, amazon, that'll happen. I know its feeding into a sterotype, but I just can't imagine five feet five inch SMG as an amazon. And I seriousl doubt the producers can either. --

2004-02-06 15:39:49+00:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (chi91111@aol.com)

>Wonder Woman: TV Guide reports that Charisma Carpenter is keen on the role. She has no chance of landing this role. The studio wants an "A-list" (Sandra Bullock, Ashley Judd) actress to play the role. Trouble is, all the "A-list" actresses out there are in their mid-30's or older and the estate of Wonder Woman's creator reportedly wants someone younger, like Jessica Alba, Katie Holmes or an unknown in her early 20's to build the franchise around......... If I were a betting man, I'd bet the estate gets their way eventually, albeit in a much lower budget production. Murph

2004-02-06 15:43:12+00:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

NickKnight wrote: >I can see the headline now: "SMG throws hissy fit when she finds >Charisma Carpenter got the role of Wonder Woman and she didn't." Way too long to be a headline, unless you're talking New York Times. In NYC, the Daily News and NY Post would shorten it to: " Buffy Says: 'Cordy's a Bitca!' " :-) John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-02-06 17:40:04+00:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <20040206103949.21810.00001479@mb-m14.aol.com>, chi91111@aol.com (CHI91111) wrote: > >Wonder Woman: TV Guide reports that Charisma Carpenter is keen on the > >role. > > She has no chance of landing this role. The studio wants an "A-list" > (Sandra Bullock, Ashley Judd) actress to play the role. Trouble is, all the > "A-list" actresses out there are in their mid-30's or older And so is Carpenter. That aside, I still think she's be good in the part.

2004-02-07 07:43:30+00:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (Brent McKee <bSmckee@shaw.caN>)

"William George Ferguson" <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:e0m720d41sdml98ouaogbucbe5lt9rudev@4ax.com... > chi91111@aol.com (CHI91111) wrote: > >>Wonder Woman: TV Guide reports that Charisma Carpenter is keen on the role. > > > >She has no chance of landing this role. The studio wants an "A-list" (Sandra > >Bullock, Ashley Judd) actress to play the role. Trouble is, all the "A-list" > >actresses out there are in their mid-30's or older and the estate of Wonder > >Woman's creator reportedly wants someone younger, like Jessica Alba, Katie > >Holmes or an unknown in her early 20's to build the franchise around......... > >If I were a betting man, I'd bet the estate gets their way eventually, albeit > >in a much lower budget production. > > William Moulton Marston's estate has every bit as much say in how Wonder > Woman is done as Jack Kirby's estate does with Captain America, i.e., > none. > > Wonder Woman is a wholly owned product of DC comics, which is a > Time-Warner company (just as Captain America is a wholly owned product of > Marvel). Marston was doing work-for-hire when he created Wonder Woman > and held no legal rights to the character. Actually I believe you're wrong. As I understand it (from the DC Comics newsgroup) Marston's estate has considerable say over the status of the Wonder Woman property. Apparently the deal that Marston struck with DC's subsidiary All-American Comics requires -- among other things -- that the title be published at least once a year regardless of poor sales or ownership reverts to the Marston estate. During his lifetime Marston, not DC, was the sole owner of the property. He was not doing work for hire. check this site: http://www.uky.edu/Projects/Chemcomics/html/ww_21_cov.html -- Brent McKee To reply by email, please remove the capital letters (S and N) from the email address "If we cease to judge this world, we may find ourselves, very quickly, in one which is infinitely worse." - Margaret Atwood "Nothing is more dangerous than a dogmatic worldview - nothing more constraining, more blinding to innovation, more destructive of openness to novelty. " - Stephen Jay Gould (1941-2002)

2004-02-09 14:43:45-05:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (forge <forge@diespammersdie.youneedageek.com>)

On 06 Feb 2004 15:39:49 GMT, chi91111@aol.com (CHI91111) wrote: >the estate of Wonder >Woman's creator reportedly wants someone younger, like Jessica Alba, Katie >Holmes or an unknown in her early 20's to build the franchise around......... Alba, guffaw, she couldn't play Diana if her life depended on it. Holmes, beautiful and can act but still not Wonder Woman. C'mon, we can do better than this.

2004-02-11 09:28:23-07:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com>)

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:59:15 GMT, tsd@robotron.gpcc.itd.umich.edu (Tammy Stephanie Davis) wrote: >In article <nb7620p25smoloss02o9gnn63d4171efcn@4ax.com>, >forge <forge@diespammersdie.youneedageek.com> wrote: >:On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 03:41:38 GMT, "Jade" <NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote: >: >:>I thought SMG was going to do it. >: >:Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah, SMG, amazon, that'll happen. > >I know its feeding into a sterotype, but I just can't imagine >five feet five inch SMG as an amazon. And I seriousl doubt >the producers can either. The only way SMG could be 5 feet five inches is by standing on a 5 inch box. She admits to being 5'1" and is probably still stretching it a little. -- You've reached the Tittles. We can't come to the phone right now If you want to leave a message for Christine, Press 1 For Bentley, Press 2 Or to speak to, or worship, Master Tarfall, Underlord of Pain, Press 3

2004-02-11 17:29:05+00:00 - Re: Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - (aimee@rmta.org)

Buckaroo Banzai <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote: > "Bryan Fellows" <BryanFellows@SafariPlanet.com> wrote: >> Wonder Woman: TV Guide reports that Charisma Carpenter is keen on the >> role. > NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Jennifer Connelly, where are you when we need > you most????? one can only hope she's busy gaining some weight back. Aimee the Magdalene