FLM films - My Webpage

2004-04-20 16:44:30-04:00 - OT: Hellboy Go See It. - (Gubira@webtv.net)

It's Buffyesque. I think Buffy/Angel fans will enjoy it. "The Plot of Hellboy may be convoluted,but it at least appears to make sense while you're watching it." "But the story line of Hellboy hardly matters at all. This is the kind of movie you watch for it's aura,for it's appealing characters,for it's marvelously sustained serocomic romantic moods. .."misfits who find comfort in each other. Hellboy ,like many (if not most) comic book heroes ,is an outcast who has turned his oddities and flaws into a brilliant advantage. But having super powers doesn't mean you can escape pain ;it may in fact,mean that you are destined to suffer more of it." Sound familiar? As one character muses aloud "what makes a man a man?" The answer he decides ,is that it's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things but rather ,how he decides to end them. It reminded me of the way Buffy/Angel USE to be.

2004-04-20 19:35:04-07:00 - Re: OT: Hellboy Go See It. - (s@dracos.co.uk)

Gubira@webtv.net (MEJWx fan) wrote in message news:<9300-40858BAE-414@storefull-3315.bay.webtv.net>... > "Hellboy ,like many (if not > most) comic book heroes ,is an outcast who has turned his oddities and > flaws into a brilliant advantage. But having super powers doesn't mean > you can escape pain ;it may in fact,mean that you are destined to suffer > more of it." Sound > familiar? As one > character muses aloud "what makes a man a man?" The answer he decides > ,is that it's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things but rather > ,how he decides to end them. It reminded me of the way > Buffy/Angel USE to be. Sounds great! I've been keeping half an eye on Hellboy, and I reckon I'll go see it. I'm always drawn to shows that remind me of Angel. It's the classic loner-with-a-past model - gets me every time :o) Lately, I've been watching DVDs of The Incredible Hulk (the Bill Bixby/ Lou Ferrigno one), and that reminds me of Angel too. I like superheroes who are cursed and blessed at the same time - especially if the thing that makes them super is the thing that makes them miserable. Any shows I should be watching? -- Stuart Lavin s@dracos.co.uk

2004-04-22 13:16:39-07:00 - Re: Hellboy Go See It. - (sailormoon@naturecoast.net)

"Scooby Doofus" <genem10@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<y2Rhc.2854$aQ6.436668@attbi_s51>... > "And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder: > One of the four beasts saying: "Come and see." > And I saw. And behold, a white horse. And I > heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, > And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his > name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell > followed with him." That's quite a bit different than any other version that I've seen. Which version is that from? Mark

2004-04-22 14:18:43-07:00 - Re: Hellboy Go See It. - (William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com>)

On 22 Apr 2004 13:16:39 -0700, sailormoon@naturecoast.net (Mark Moore) wrote: >"Scooby Doofus" <genem10@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<y2Rhc.2854$aQ6.436668@attbi_s51>... >> "And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder: >> One of the four beasts saying: "Come and see." >> And I saw. And behold, a white horse. And I >> heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, >> And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his >> name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell >> followed with him." > >That's quite a bit different than any other version that I've seen. >Which version is that from? It's an edited version of Revelations, Chapter 6, verses 1 through 8. (from the King James version) "1": And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. "2": And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. "3": And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. "4": And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword. "5": And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. "6": And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine. "7": And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. "8": And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. -- You've reached the Tittles. We can't come to the phone right now If you want to leave a message for Christine, Press 1 For Bentley, Press 2 Or to speak to, or worship, Master Tarfall, Underlord of Pain, Press 3

2004-04-22 14:56:31+00:00 - Re: Hellboy Go See It. - (Scooby Doofus <genem10@yahoo.com>)

Ron Perlman rocks! -- ----------------------------------------------------------------- "And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder: One of the four beasts saying: "Come and see." And I saw. And behold, a white horse. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him." "MEJWx fan" <Gubira@webtv.net> wrote in message news:9300-40858BAE-414@storefull-3315.bay.webtv.net... > It's Buffyesque. I think Buffy/Angel fans will enjoy it. > "The Plot of Hellboy may be convoluted,but it at least appears to make > sense while you're watching it." "But the story line of Hellboy hardly > matters at all. This is the kind of movie you watch for it's aura,for > it's appealing characters,for it's marvelously sustained serocomic > romantic moods. > .."misfits who find comfort in each other. Hellboy ,like many (if not > most) comic book heroes ,is an outcast who has turned his oddities and > flaws into a brilliant advantage. But having super powers doesn't mean > you can escape pain ;it may in fact,mean that you are destined to suffer > more of it." Sound > familiar? As one > character muses aloud "what makes a man a man?" The answer he decides > ,is that it's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things but rather > ,how he decides to end them. It reminded me of the way > Buffy/Angel USE to be. >

2004-04-22 19:33:15-07:00 - Re: Hellboy Go See It. - (sailormoon@naturecoast.net)

William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:<pjcg80h0b55r2qipq27jdpbv7nvbf74luv@4ax.com>... > On 22 Apr 2004 13:16:39 -0700, sailormoon@naturecoast.net (Mark Moore) > wrote: > > >"Scooby Doofus" <genem10@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<y2Rhc.2854$aQ6.436668@attbi_s51>... > >> "And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder: > >> One of the four beasts saying: "Come and see." > >> And I saw. And behold, a white horse. And I > >> heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, > >> And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his > >> name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell > >> followed with him." > > > >That's quite a bit different than any other version that I've seen. > >Which version is that from? > > It's an edited version of Revelations, Chapter 6, verses 1 through 8. It's "The Revelation to John", and, yes, I know that. I was wondering which version of the Bible that it's from. Mine differs a bit, most notably in that the Greek God Hades makes an appearance, following Death rather than Hell following Death. I even heard a version (and Stephen King might have made it up) that said that the name of the horse was Pestilence. Mark