FLM films - My Webpage

2003-10-31 23:33:29+00:00 - Did someone forget to tell the writer that Spike's a ghost? - (Dan Solomon <dansolo@attbi.com>)

One slip-up would have been bad enough (the two-step with Lorne), but then later on when Lorne's psyche showed up, Spike went flying when he hit him. I suppose I could fanwank it away by supposing that because it was actually a manifestation, it would have been able to hit Spike, but I'm not really convinced. This was an extremely sloppy episode, and it is just another example of how much I hate episodes that have characters acting out-of- character because of some mystical influence. With the exception of Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered, I can't think of a single episode with this type of story line that I have liked. -- Dan Solomon

2003-10-31 23:55:11+00:00 - Re: Did someone forget to tell the writer that Spike's a ghost? - (Elizabeth Jett <EJett@bak.rr.com>)

I thought Spike was hit as well, but when I watched the show again I realized Spike was not hit, he is standing next to Lorne. "Dan Solomon" <dansolo@attbi.com> wrote in message news:Xns9425B329879C9dansoloattbi@63.240.76.16... > One slip-up would have been bad enough (the two-step with Lorne), but then > later on when Lorne's psyche showed up, Spike went flying when he hit him. > I suppose I could fanwank it away by supposing that because it was actually > a manifestation, it would have been able to hit Spike, but I'm not really > convinced. This was an extremely sloppy episode, and it is just another > example of how much I hate episodes that have characters acting out-of- > character because of some mystical influence. With the exception of > Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered, I can't think of a single episode with > this type of story line that I have liked. > > -- > Dan Solomon

2003-11-01 00:01:16+00:00 - Re: Did someone forget to tell the writer that Spike's a ghost? - ("George W. Harris" <gharrus@mundsprung.com>)

Dan Solomon <dansolo@attbi.com> wrote: :One slip-up would have been bad enough (the two-step with Lorne), but then :later on when Lorne's psyche showed up, Spike went flying when he hit him. Never happened. That was someone else, Spike was standing further back. -- I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV! George W. Harris For actual email address, replace each 'u' with an 'i'.

2003-11-01 00:02:53+00:00 - Re: Did someone forget to tell the writer that Spike's a ghost? - (WiLLBERT <apww@willbert.org>)

"Dan Solomon" <dansolo@attbi.com> wrote in message news:Xns9425B329879C9dansoloattbi@63.240.76.16... > One slip-up would have been bad enough (the two-step with Lorne), but then > later on when Lorne's psyche showed up, Spike went flying when he hit him. > I suppose I could fanwank it away by supposing that because it was actually > a manifestation, it would have been able to hit Spike, but I'm not really > convinced. This was an extremely sloppy episode, and it is just another > example of how much I hate episodes that have characters acting out-of- > character because of some mystical influence. With the exception of > Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered, I can't think of a single episode with > this type of story line that I have liked. In Men In Black, a gun as small as Will Smiths could not have possibly had THAT much firepower! -WiLLBERT

2003-11-02 11:40:57+00:00 - Re: Did someone forget to tell the writer that Spike's a ghost? - (The Doctor <doctor@localhost.localdomain>)

In article <NKCob.238878$9l5.176196@pd7tw2no>, WiLLBERT wrote: > In Men In Black, a gun as small as Will Smiths could not have possibly had > THAT much firepower! Yeh, just like this movie I saw where some japanese city was destroyed by a single bomb when everyone knows that it would take thousands of bombs to do that! -- The Doctor