FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-05 14:47:09-08:00 - Most pointless plots in the Buffyverse - (barnett@shentel.net)

I will say the Giles isn't touching anything buit on Buffy so far and on Angel the current Cordy isn't behaving normally storyline. At the rate they're going Charisma' going to have her kid and they won't be able to finsih it and there's no excuse for a plot from near the beginning of a season to be a cliffhanger. JLB

2003-02-07 15:47:47-08:00 - Re: Most pointless plots in the Buffyverse - (wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com)

"Bill Bickel" <billbick@optonline.com> wrote in message news:<Y_T0a.167616$HG.27461549@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>... > "JLB" <barnett@shentel.net> wrote in message > news:c7b2ff96.0302051447.73bab6f2@posting.google.com... > > I will say the Giles isn't touching anything buit on Buffy so far and > > on Angel the current Cordy isn't behaving normally storyline. At the > > rate they're going Charisma' going to have her kid and they won't be > > able to finsih it and there's no excuse for a plot from near the > > beginning of a season to be a cliffhanger. > > Big deal. The Wolfman and Hart subplot turned out to have been a 3-year-long > dead-end. > Whuh? Wolfram & Hart is a multi-demensional evil conspiracy! All that happened in that Angel episode is a bunch of their human footsoldiers got slaughtered.

2003-02-07 19:42:48+00:00 - Re: Most pointless plots in the Buffyverse - (Bill Bickel <billbick@optonline.com>)

"JLB" <barnett@shentel.net> wrote in message news:c7b2ff96.0302051447.73bab6f2@posting.google.com... > I will say the Giles isn't touching anything buit on Buffy so far and > on Angel the current Cordy isn't behaving normally storyline. At the > rate they're going Charisma' going to have her kid and they won't be > able to finsih it and there's no excuse for a plot from near the > beginning of a season to be a cliffhanger. Big deal. The Wolfman and Hart subplot turned out to have been a 3-year-long dead-end. Bill Bickel http://www.comicsidontunderstand.com http://www.lawsuitoftheweek.com http://www.missing-kids.us

2003-02-08 02:26:30+00:00 - Re: Most pointless plots in the Buffyverse - (mrl@psfc.mit.edu)

In a previous article, wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com (Wally Rosenberg) wrote: ->> Big deal. The Wolfman and Hart subplot turned out to have been a 3-year-long ->> dead-end. -> ->Wolfram & Hart is a multi-demensional evil conspiracy! All that ->happened in that Angel episode is a bunch of their human footsoldiers ->got slaughtered. I know this isn't likely, but what if the Beast is the result of Wolfram & Hart, as someone else here recently mentioned. What if they decided they wanted something stronger and more evil, and that this law firm was a bunch of losers. It knew exactly where the totems were. The W & H building got overtaken so easily, one wonders if the senior partners simply withdrew their support. Maybe they got tired of pussy footing around. Mark London MRL@PSFC.MIT.EDU

2003-02-08 19:06:03+00:00 - Re: Most pointless plots in the Buffyverse - (Bill Bickel <billbick@optonline.com>)

"Wally Rosenberg" <wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a6dd0bff.0302071547.3ce2d4f3@posting.google.com... > "Bill Bickel" <billbick@optonline.com> wrote in message news:<Y_T0a.167616$HG.27461549@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>... > > "JLB" <barnett@shentel.net> wrote in message > > news:c7b2ff96.0302051447.73bab6f2@posting.google.com... > > > I will say the Giles isn't touching anything buit on Buffy so far and > > > on Angel the current Cordy isn't behaving normally storyline. At the > > > rate they're going Charisma' going to have her kid and they won't be > > > able to finsih it and there's no excuse for a plot from near the > > > beginning of a season to be a cliffhanger. > > > > Big deal. The Wolfman and Hart subplot turned out to have been a 3-year-long > > dead-end. > > > > Whuh? > > Wolfram & Hart is a multi-demensional evil conspiracy! All that > happened in that Angel episode is a bunch of their human footsoldiers > got slaughtered. Did you EVER get the sense that the writers had the first clue where they were going with the W&H plotline? Now, I'D have liked it if everything happening over the past few months was actually engineered by W&H as an elaborate plot to force Angel to become Angelus -- but I haven't seen that sort of advance planning on this show yet. Bill Bickel http://www.comicsidontunderstand.com http://www.lawsuitoftheweek.com http://www.missing-kids.us

2003-02-08 19:29:57+00:00 - Re: Most pointless plots in the Buffyverse - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

Mark London wrote: > In a previous article, wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com (Wally Rosenberg) wrote: > ->> Big deal. The Wolfman and Hart subplot turned out to have been a 3-year-long > ->> dead-end. > -> ->Wolfram & Hart is a multi-demensional evil conspiracy! All that > ->happened in that Angel episode is a bunch of their human footsoldiers > ->got slaughtered. > > I know this isn't likely, but what if the Beast is the result of Wolfram & > Hart, it was hinted by Liliah that he was not connected. But the Senior Partners would love to get him into their game.

2003-02-08 20:14:02+00:00 - Re: Most pointless plots in the Buffyverse - (mrl@psfc.mit.edu)

In a previous article, PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote: ->Mark London wrote: ->> In a previous article, wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com (Wally Rosenberg) wrote: ->> ->> Big deal. The Wolfman and Hart subplot turned out to have been a 3-year-long ->> ->> dead-end. ->> -> ->Wolfram & Hart is a multi-demensional evil conspiracy! All that ->> ->happened in that Angel episode is a bunch of their human footsoldiers ->> ->got slaughtered. ->> ->> I know this isn't likely, but what if the Beast is the result of Wolfram & ->> Hart, -> ->it was hinted by Liliah that he was not connected. But the Senior ->Partners would love to get him into their game. If W&H were going to replace Lilah and her crew, they wouldn't exactly tell her that. Mark London MRL@PSFC.MIT.EDU

2003-02-09 03:20:01+00:00 - Re: Most pointless plots in the Buffyverse - (sweick@aol.com)

In article <vyc1a.184801$HG.31548665@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>, "Bill Bickel" <billbick@optonline.com> writes: >Did you EVER get the sense that the writers had the first clue where they >were going with the W&H plotline? Yes. W&H will still be around after all the current members are dead. Maybe Lilah still as the head, but it will still be there, dealing in the grass roots of evil. >Now, I'D have liked it if everything happening over the past few months was >actually engineered by W&H as an elaborate plot to force Angel to become >Angelus -- but I haven't seen that sort of advance planning on this show >yet. So you totally missed out on the Darla arc. Too bad. Some good stuff there. Stephen Weick The crew of Columbia went to touch the face of heaven, and have now entered that kingdom.