FLM films - My Webpage

2004-02-16 22:26:00-05:00 - submariner - (Dan <nobody@not.here>)

That was the weirdest episode I've ever seen. But as I was sitting there watching the typical armed forces bozos, a question came to me: why the hell doesn't Angel wear a metal breasplate over his heart? -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

2004-02-17 19:03:00+00:00 - Re: submariner - (Jerry Davis <jjdavis2@flash.net>)

Dan wrote: >That was the weirdest episode I've ever seen. But as I was sitting >there watching the typical armed forces bozos, a question came to me: >why the hell doesn't Angel wear a metal breastplate over his heart? > > Sadly, I too think of logical problems like this. Why he doesn't (nor do any foes) wear kevlar body armor is beyond me. Not to mention, just how many years did it take Buffy and Willow and Giles to get cellphones, instead of running all over town every episode to find each other. At least Angel Investigations had proper telecommunications ... then again, how can you live in LA without a cell?

2004-02-17 20:19:25-05:00 - Re: submariner - (nfway <nfw@yahoo.com>)

In article <4e2330ljubjhok6ikkthjjsmjjufrann6f@4ax.com>, nobody@not.here says... > That was the weirdest episode I've ever seen. But as I was sitting > there watching the typical armed forces bozos, a question came to me: > why the hell doesn't Angel wear a metal breasplate over his heart? > > > -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- > http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! > -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- > "Angel, The Vampire With A Soul and a Stainless Steel Codpiece Over His Heart"?

2004-02-17 20:23:58-05:00 - Re: submariner - (ABRAMS1117@webtv.net)

I brought that up last year and got yelled at for being 'too stupid' not to 'know' that a bullet proof vest would stop a bullet but not a stake. Logic couldn't get through the thick wood, so I just shook my head and walked away. On another note you will be happy to know that MOST actors that have worked on tv in the last five years are still working today....shaking my head and walking away.... -------------- Total Members: Over 1,500 http://www.TruCalling.com

2004-02-17 20:25:01-08:00 - Re: submariner - (reldevik@usa.net)

Dan <nobody@not.here> wrote in message news:<4e2330ljubjhok6ikkthjjsmjjufrann6f@4ax.com>... > That was the weirdest episode I've ever seen. But as I was sitting > there watching the typical armed forces bozos, a question came to me: > why the hell doesn't Angel wear a metal breasplate over his heart? --I've always wondered why all vampires don't wear metal breastplates (and metal collars to guard against decapitation). It's not as if the extra weight of the metal would weigh them down to any great extent; superhuman strength is handy that way. Clairel

2004-02-17 21:42:55-08:00 - Re: submariner - (Jake <wh@ever.com>)

Dan wrote: > > That was the weirdest episode I've ever seen. But as I was sitting > there watching the typical armed forces bozos, a question came to me: > why the hell doesn't Angel wear a metal breasplate over his heart? > You might as well ask why the Slaygang wasn't smart enough to use SuperSoakers filled with holy water when they went vampire hunting. Or why Darla was the only vampire ever smart enough to pick up a gun and try to shoot the Slayer. Even if you can't shoot the Slayer, you can shoot her slower, less agile sidekicks. Without them, she's toast the next time out. You're right, any halfway smart vampire would wear chest armor with a neck guard to stop somebody trying to chop off his head. And maybe a rain slicker if he suspects a holy water attack. But the people and the demons in the Buffyverse are only occasionally smart.

2004-02-18 01:36:32-06:00 - Re: submariner - (Thirsty Viking <john_doerter@hotmail.com>)

"Clairel" <reldevik@usa.net> wrote in message news:1faed770.0402172025.103c8db1@posting.google.com... > Dan <nobody@not.here> wrote in message news:<4e2330ljubjhok6ikkthjjsmjjufrann6f@4ax.com>... > > That was the weirdest episode I've ever seen. But as I was sitting > > there watching the typical armed forces bozos, a question came to me: > > why the hell doesn't Angel wear a metal breasplate over his heart? > > --I've always wondered why all vampires don't wear metal breastplates > (and metal collars to guard against decapitation). It's not as if the > extra weight of the metal would weigh them down to any great extent; > superhuman strength is handy that way. This is true, but such things went out of fassion many years ago. In theory a really food suit of armor could protect against direct sunlight. But then again it might be classified as Clothing which doesn't seem to work real well (except for spike running under a coat that starts to smolder)