FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-25 01:23:23-08:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (Mark Jones <sinanju@pacifier.com>)

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 05:16:57 GMT, beaten and sobbing, PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>' confessed: >In article <poldy-62C1E2.19440324012003@netnews.attbi.com>, > poldy <poldy@kfu.com> wrote: >personally I like her. she gives them a connection to the underground >(something they lost when Merle was killed last year). and she makes >Cordelia jealous. which is a good thing. call me petty but Cordy needed >to get her feelings hurt a little after what she did to Angel. I like Gwen very much. She's sexy, for one thing--eye candy never hurts. And she's got attitude to spare plus a nifty power. But mostly she's fun because she's _not_ involved in the painfully bad soap operatic "who likes who and who's sleeping with whom" crapola. -- "It will let you do things nobody else can do, see things nobody else can see." "_Real_ things?" --Egg Shen and Jack Burton

2003-01-25 01:45:10-05:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (Philip Hawthorne <hawthorne_philip@hotmail.com>)

> Me too. In her origin story, her and Angel really hit it off. The chemistry > was way better than with A&C. Absolutely. The show could do well with her; replace Fred with her! <3 Phil <3

2003-01-25 03:44:03+00:00 - No love for Gwen? - (poldy <poldy@kfu.com>)

It seemed obvious that they were going to bring her back. Looks like she may have a chance to become a regular or frequent guest.

2003-01-25 03:46:52+00:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (Julie Carrigon <carrigon@NOSPAMmindspring.com>)

"poldy" <poldy@kfu.com> wrote in message news:poldy-62C1E2.19440324012003@netnews.attbi.com... > It seemed obvious that they were going to bring her back. Looks like > she may have a chance to become a regular or frequent guest. I really like Gwen. I'm hoping she will be back as a regular. Carrigon -- http://www.mindspring.com/~carrigon/tips.html Carrigon's Sims Tips, Tricks, Cheats <(���������)> @>---

2003-01-25 04:21:43+00:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (JoAnn Peeler <jpeeler@tampabay.rr.com>)

"Julie Carrigon" <carrigon@NOSPAMmindspring.com> wrote in message news:MMnY9.1819$U27.160336@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > "poldy" <poldy@kfu.com> wrote in message > news:poldy-62C1E2.19440324012003@netnews.attbi.com... > > It seemed obvious that they were going to bring her back. Looks like > > she may have a chance to become a regular or frequent guest. > > I really like Gwen. I'm hoping she will be back as a regular. > Me too. In her origin story, her and Angel really hit it off. The chemistry was way better than with A&C. -- JoAnn Peeler

2003-01-25 04:39:16+00:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (J-Roll <J-Roll@cox.net>)

I think her character has a lot of potential, but does anyone else think she is loosely based on Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. Stealthy thief type, rich, butler. "JoAnn Peeler" <jpeeler@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:rhoY9.37755$o8.937474@twister.tampabay.rr.com... > "Julie Carrigon" <carrigon@NOSPAMmindspring.com> wrote in message > news:MMnY9.1819$U27.160336@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > > "poldy" <poldy@kfu.com> wrote in message > > news:poldy-62C1E2.19440324012003@netnews.attbi.com... > > > It seemed obvious that they were going to bring her back. Looks like > > > she may have a chance to become a regular or frequent guest. > > > > I really like Gwen. I'm hoping she will be back as a regular. > > > Me too. In her origin story, her and Angel really hit it off. The chemistry > was way better than with A&C. > > -- > JoAnn Peeler > >

2003-01-25 05:16:57+00:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <poldy-62C1E2.19440324012003@netnews.attbi.com>, poldy <poldy@kfu.com> wrote: > It seemed obvious that they were going to bring her back. Looks like > she may have a chance to become a regular or frequent guest. she could still run off to Tahiti. But I don't think she'll be gone for good. personally I like her. she gives them a connection to the underground (something they lost when Merle was killed last year). and she makes Cordelia jealous. which is a good thing. call me petty but Cordy needed to get her feelings hurt a little after what she did to Angel.

2003-01-25 12:41:14-08:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (Mark Jones <sinanju@pacifier.com>)

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 16:58:33 GMT, beaten and sobbing, PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>' confessed: >In article <akk43v4coekqls9pbd6q7q4e1tg3qne1t2@4ax.com>, > Mark Jones <sinanju@pacifier.com> wrote: > > >> I like Gwen very much. She's sexy, for one thing--eye candy never >> hurts. And she's got attitude to spare plus a nifty power. > >anyone else thinking that she's going to replace the bitch factor now >that Liliah is supposed to be off licking her wounds and Cordy's gone >soft (for the most part). I hope so. When ME is on top of their game, they've always had someone snarky around to make the points nobody else is willing or able to make. Early Cordelia in Buffy, fer instance. Lilah can't do it because they would dismiss her POV as evil. Gwen might be just what the doctor ordered. >> But mostly she's fun because she's _not_ involved in the painfully bad >> soap operatic "who likes who and who's sleeping with whom" crapola. > >I loved how she flirted with Gunn right in front of everyone but then >she confronted him about Fred when they were on watch. Shows that she's >not clueless and it isn't just all about yanking folks chains for fun. Yeah. God knows Angel & Co. need _somebody_ to call them on their juvenile shit. -- "It will let you do things nobody else can do, see things nobody else can see." "_Real_ things?" --Egg Shen and Jack Burton

2003-01-25 13:02:27+01:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (Michael Dracon <MichaelDracon@hotmail.com>)

When she broke into the building where Angel wanted to get that thing to see Cordy I thought the same thing. J-Roll wrote: > I think her character has a lot of potential, but does anyone else think she > is loosely based on Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. Stealthy thief type, rich, > butler. > > "JoAnn Peeler" <jpeeler@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message > news:rhoY9.37755$o8.937474@twister.tampabay.rr.com... > > "Julie Carrigon" <carrigon@NOSPAMmindspring.com> wrote in message > > news:MMnY9.1819$U27.160336@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > > > "poldy" <poldy@kfu.com> wrote in message > > > news:poldy-62C1E2.19440324012003@netnews.attbi.com... > > > > It seemed obvious that they were going to bring her back. Looks like > > > > she may have a chance to become a regular or frequent guest. > > > > > > I really like Gwen. I'm hoping she will be back as a regular. > > > > > Me too. In her origin story, her and Angel really hit it off. The > chemistry > > was way better than with A&C. > > > > -- > > JoAnn Peeler > > > > >

2003-01-25 16:58:33+00:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <akk43v4coekqls9pbd6q7q4e1tg3qne1t2@4ax.com>, Mark Jones <sinanju@pacifier.com> wrote: > I like Gwen very much. She's sexy, for one thing--eye candy never > hurts. And she's got attitude to spare plus a nifty power. anyone else thinking that she's going to replace the bitch factor now that Liliah is supposed to be off licking her wounds and Cordy's gone soft (for the most part). > > But mostly she's fun because she's _not_ involved in the painfully bad > soap operatic "who likes who and who's sleeping with whom" crapola. I loved how she flirted with Gunn right in front of everyone but then she confronted him about Fred when they were on watch. Shows that she's not clueless and it isn't just all about yanking folks chains for fun.

2003-01-25 21:26:06+00:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <nct53v0vefj6bttv3epvho149ufvi04ff0@4ax.com>, Mark Jones <sinanju@pacifier.com> wrote: > On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 16:58:33 GMT, beaten and sobbing, PJ Browning > <antarian@pacbell.net>' confessed: > > >anyone else thinking that she's going to replace the bitch factor now > >that Liliah is supposed to be off licking her wounds and Cordy's gone > >soft (for the most part). > > I hope so. When ME is on top of their game, they've always had > someone snarky around to make the points nobody else is willing or > able to make. Lorne fills that role in some ways, but he just can't be an asshole about it. He's more like the role that Giles plays. I would really like for BitchCordy to pop up sometime. I can just see Connor standing in awe, totally surprised. And then Angel laughing about how Connor didn't know Cordy when she was in high school. Something akin to the big "I'm the Queen" speech in Homecoming, or the "no woman worthy" speech in Billy.

2003-01-26 00:59:21-06:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: "J-Roll" <J-Roll@cox.net> wrote in <UxoY9.10050$GX4.614065@news2.east.cox.net>: > I think her character has a lot of potential, but does anyone else think she > is loosely based on Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. Stealthy thief type, rich, > butler. That's a very common archetype for a character. Lara Croft, Catwoman, Amanda from Highlander, several more characters from the Marvel comics universe -- all stealthy thief types, usually with butlers and/or sidekicks. Although I must admit that Nick has to be cutest butler I've ever seen. -- "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" -- Winifred Burkle Roberto Castillo castillo@enteract.com http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2003-01-26 03:11:48+00:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (Larry Caldwell <larryc@teleport.com>)

sinanju@pacifier.com (Mark Jones) writes: > I like Gwen very much. She's sexy, for one thing--eye candy never > hurts. And she's got attitude to spare plus a nifty power. It's nice to have a curvy female character, isn't it? Cordelia's maternity clothes just haven't been making much of a fashion statement lately. My understanding is that Gwen doesn't have much in the way of boyfriends, since she tends to fry them. Angel might be just what the doctor ordered for her. We'll see how she feels after meeting Angelus. -- http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

2003-01-26 21:43:06+00:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (J-Roll <J-Roll@cox.net>)

Good point, I totally ignored all of Lara's predecessors. I think they will kick me out of the Trio for this :) "Zombie Elvis" <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com> wrote in message news:nh173vk1n943d8u8t30j189d92cl1pr618@4ax.com... > It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs > and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: > "J-Roll" <J-Roll@cox.net> wrote in > <UxoY9.10050$GX4.614065@news2.east.cox.net>: > > > I think her character has a lot of potential, but does anyone else think she > > is loosely based on Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. Stealthy thief type, rich, > > butler. > > That's a very common archetype for a character. Lara Croft, Catwoman, > Amanda from Highlander, several more characters from the Marvel comics > universe -- all stealthy thief types, usually with butlers and/or > sidekicks. Although I must admit that Nick has to be cutest butler > I've ever seen. > > -- > "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for > inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, > look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" > -- Winifred Burkle > > Roberto Castillo > castillo@enteract.com > http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2003-01-27 07:44:07+00:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <KDYY9.32618$GX4.1194974@news2.east.cox.net>, "J-Roll" <J-Roll@cox.net> wrote: > Good point, I totally ignored all of Lara's predecessors. I think they will > kick me out of the Trio for this :) while Gwen has the similiar lifestyle, wit etc as Lara, there is one big diff. Lara was born into the wealth and privilege. Gwen was not. Sure she was sent to the boarding school, but it was more of an orphanage than a posh prep school. And she stole the stuff to make her fancy home. I love how Gwen can play all snarky for a laugh and then get serious and show that she's paying attention to the scene. the bit with Gunn is a perfect example. I wouldn't be surprised if Fred gets a bit jealous of the chemistry between Electro Girl and Denzel.

2003-01-27 15:52:40-06:00 - Re: No love for Gwen? - (NOSPAMcastillo@enteract.com)

PJ Browning wrote: > In article <KDYY9.32618$GX4.1194974@news2.east.cox.net>, > "J-Roll" <J-Roll@cox.net> wrote: > > > Good point, I totally ignored all of Lara's predecessors. I > > think they will > > kick me out of the Trio for this :) > > > while Gwen has the similiar lifestyle, wit etc as Lara, there is > one big > diff. Lara was born into the wealth and privilege. Gwen was not. > Sure > she was sent to the boarding school, but it was more of an > orphanage I disagree. The beginning of "Ground State" implied that Gwen's parents payed quite a bundle to get her into that school. > than a posh prep school. And she stole the stuff to make her fancy > home. This doesn't preclude Gwen's parents having been rich. She might have become a thief to support herself after having run away from home. -- Does this .sig make my butt look big? Roberto Castillo castillo@enteract.com http://www.enteract.com/~castillo