FLM films - My Webpage

2003-08-29 13:20:14-07:00 - Casting sides for AtS episode 5.5 - (reldevik@usa.net)

This is definitely the Halloween episode. At one point at a party, Lorne says "It's Halloween!" He's urging Wes and Fred to get drunk so they'll feel more at ease. They're uncomfortable at the party because there are a lot of demons there. For some reason, Angel has to make nice with a powerful demon lord named Archduke Sebassis. I think this is the crimelord demon we heard rumors about before. The other characters in the casting sides are a henchdemon of Sebassis's named Artode, a demon slave, and a demon named Devlin. The demon slave comes in in a scene where Lorne has taken Angel to see Sebassis. Lorne is being very polite to Sebassis and humoring him in every way; Angel not so much. Sebassis offers Angel some blue demon blood directly from the demon slave; Angel declines. Lorne drinks some and compliments Sebassis on the flavor. Sebassis distrusts Angel, and in a private scene between Sebassis and Artode it's made clear that Sebassis is going to come to Angel's party with hidden weapons and henchdemons. I think the blood- drinking scene is the scene where Angel is inviting Sebassis to his party, but that's not quite clear. The party, later, seems to be at W&H headquarters (I think). Everyone is there, but there's not much about Wes and Fred other than that they're uncomfortable. There's very little mention of Gunn. There's a demon named Devlin in a human mask doing "human bean" imitations, boasting about his kid being on the honor roll, about his Lamborghini car, etc. Spike is at the party and he's euphoric. He manages to pick up a swizzle stick and he babbles on delightedly about how great it is that a ghost can pick up a swizzle stick, and how this is the best party ever! There's a reason for Spike's euphoria. Everyone's mood has been affected. After Lorne comments that there's lots of sexual tension between Angel and Eve and they should do something about it, Angel casually propositions Eve to have sex, and somebody later mentions that Angel and Eve are mackin' like crazy. It turns out that Lorne's empathy has gone crazy. Any casual suggestion he makes, people take it to the Nth power. Earlier he had told Spike that Spike should be more positive. Hence the Spike euphoria. Then a huge green horned monster appears. It looks like Lorne all blown up to monstrous size, and it wears a suit like Lorne's. Lorne realizes it's a manifestation of himself, somehow, with empathic power magnified. That's about all that's in the sides. Clairel

2003-08-30 16:31:00+00:00 - Re: Casting sides for AtS episode 5.5 - (angiedeiuvia@aol.computer)

::Reads the sides. Cackles!:: About time we get a good comedy! Mandi The fish Girl "I saw Fish" "Hey it's the Fish Girl!"

2003-09-01 12:36:21-07:00 - Gunn and Lorne in episode 5.5 (was Re: Casting sides for AtS episode 5.5) - (reldevik@usa.net)

S P O I L E R S P A C E reldevik@usa.net (Clairel) wrote in message news:<1faed770.0308291220.55ace5f6@posting.google.com>... > This is definitely the Halloween episode. At one point at a party, > Lorne says "It's Halloween!" He's urging Wes and Fred to get drunk > so they'll feel more at ease. They're uncomfortable at the party > because there are a lot of demons there. For some reason, Angel has > to make nice with a powerful demon lord named Archduke Sebassis. I > think this is the crimelord demon we heard rumors about before. The > other characters in the casting sides are a henchdemon of Sebassis's > named Artode, a demon slave, and a demon named Devlin. > > The demon slave comes in in a scene where Lorne has taken Angel to > see Sebassis. Lorne is being very polite to Sebassis and humoring > him in every way; Angel not so much. Sebassis offers Angel some blue > demon blood directly from the demon slave; Angel declines. Lorne > drinks some and compliments Sebassis on the flavor. > > Sebassis distrusts Angel, and in a private scene between Sebassis and > Artode it's made clear that Sebassis is going to come to Angel's > party with hidden weapons and henchdemons. I think the blood- > drinking scene is the scene where Angel is inviting Sebassis to his > party, but that's not quite clear. > > The party, later, seems to be at W&H headquarters (I think). > Everyone is there, but there's not much about Wes and Fred other than > that they're uncomfortable. There's very little mention of Gunn. --Okay, after another look at the sides I do have something to add about Gunn. This is all inference and I can't be absolutely certain I'm right, but it does appear that at the party Gunn too is being comically affected by Lorne's magnified power of suggestion. It seems as if Gunn is being compelled to urinate in inappropriate places! He seems to be "marking his territory" on various potted plants and so forth. Okay, not very dignified, but then neither is anyone else in this episode. Lorne's power has everybody making fools of themselves. It's a comedy episode. I hope this doesn't upset the Gunn fans. I'm one too. > There's a demon named Devlin in a human mask doing "human bean" > imitations, boasting about his kid being on the honor roll, about his > Lamborghini car, etc. > > Spike is at the party and he's euphoric. He manages to pick up a > swizzle stick and he babbles on delightedly about how great it is > that a ghost can pick up a swizzle stick, and how this is the best > party ever! > > There's a reason for Spike's euphoria. Everyone's mood has been > affected. After Lorne comments that there's lots of sexual tension > between Angel and Eve and they should do something about it, Angel > casually propositions Eve to have sex, and somebody later mentions > that Angel and Eve are mackin' like crazy. It turns out that Lorne's > empathy has gone crazy. Any casual suggestion he makes, people take > it to the Nth power. Earlier he had told Spike that Spike should be > more positive. Hence the Spike euphoria. > > Then a huge green horned monster appears. It looks like Lorne all > blown up to monstrous size, and it wears a suit like Lorne's. Lorne > realizes it's a manifestation of himself, somehow, with empathic > power magnified. --Here I have to add something about the reason for Lorne's power getting out of hand and manifesting itself as a separate, gigantic entity. Some people have been speculating that it happens because Lorne drank the blue demon blood that Sebassis offered him and Angel. That may be; I can't say. But there is something rather enigmatic in the sides about Lorne being "cut off" from his subconscious for too long, and this having drastic consequences. Now I don't understand what it is about Lorne's life of late that would result in him being "cut off" from his subconscious, but it seems as if that's the explanation for the Lorne-monster. The demon blood may also have been necessary as a catalyst--or that may just be a red herring. Impossible to say without more of the script to go on. > That's about all that's in the sides. --Yes, I really think I have included it all now. Clairel