FLM films - My Webpage

2004-02-13 19:34:22-06:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Bat-Mail <batmanb@sympatico.ca>)

Is that a joke?? I really hope so :0/ "Boss6Sr" <boss6sr@aol.com> a ���crit dans le message de news: 20040213200834.18858.00002086@mb-m28.aol.com... > Check it out for yourselves.... > > > http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html > > ~Boss

2004-02-13 21:20:09-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On 14 Feb 2004 01:08:34 GMT, boss6sr@aol.com (Boss6Sr) wrote: >Check it out for yourselves.... > > >http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html It's not really surprising. I think The WB was expecting much more of a ratings boost from bringing Spike over from BTVS. I don't think moving to Wolfram and Hart has worked out for the show either. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2004-02-13 21:21:59-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Melissa <mbangel10@hotmail.com>)

"Katie" <scruffywwp@aol.comlala> wrote in message news:20040213211455.21982.00001383@mb-m22.aol.com... > Oh no :( > I'm about to cry! How can we have no Buffy and no Angel and no spin off!?!?! > AAAAAAAH They posted a statement on www.thewb.com stating that season 5 is Angel's last. I'm stunned, dissapointed, sad, angry and even more just a little hurt. This show was the only show I REALLY looked forward to every week and now it will be gone after just 9 more episodes. Buffy broke my heart, but Angel helped me heal. Damn the WB, I hope UPN picks it up and gives it two more seasons.....it worked with Buffy why not Angel? I'll keep my fingers crossed......

2004-02-13 21:23:28-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Melissa <mbangel10@hotmail.com>)

"Boss6Sr" <boss6sr@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040213200834.18858.00002086@mb-m28.aol.com... > Check it out for yourselves.... They posted a statement on www.thewb.com stating that season 5 is Angel's last. I'm stunned, dissapointed, sad, angry and even more just a little hurt. This show was the only show I REALLY looked forward to every week and now it will be gone after just 9 more episodes. Buffy broke my heart, but Angel helped me heal. Damn the WB, I hope UPN picks it up and gives it two more seasons.....it worked with Buffy why not Angel? I'll keep my fingers crossed......

2004-02-13 21:48:51-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (NickKnight <NickKnightSTILLNOSPAMonFK@hotmail.com>)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:21:59 -0500, "Melissa" <mbangel10@hotmail.com> wrote: >They posted a statement on www.thewb.com stating that season 5 is Angel's >last. http://thewb.com/PressRelease/Index/0,8341,156980,00.html -------------------------------------------- "Finally a member of the Jackson family finds another young boy to victimize." -------------------------Jimmy Fallon on SNL referring to Justin Timberlake To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

2004-02-13 21:50:41-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (NickKnight <NickKnightSTILLNOSPAMonFK@hotmail.com>)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:23:28 -0500, "Melissa" <mbangel10@hotmail.com> wrote: >They posted a statement on www.thewb.com stating that season 5 is Angel's >last. I'm stunned, dissapointed, sad, angry and even more just a little >hurt. This show was the only show I REALLY looked forward to every week and >now it will be gone after just 9 more episodes. Buffy broke my heart, but >Angel helped me heal. Damn the WB, I hope UPN picks it up and gives it two >more seasons.....it worked with Buffy why not Angel? How about if TNT picks it up? They already run it in syndication. I'm not picky about who picks it up, as long as someone picks it up. -------------------------------------------- "Finally a member of the Jackson family finds another young boy to victimize." -------------------------Jimmy Fallon on SNL referring to Justin Timberlake To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

2004-02-13 21:57:38-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Code Monkey <codemonkey@nowhere.com>)

In article <163r20d8ps6tm2hkvsef5nm1p1rt99erfp@4ax.com>, NickKnightSTILLNOSPAMonFK@hotmail.com says... > On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:23:28 -0500, "Melissa" <mbangel10@hotmail.com> > wrote: > > >They posted a statement on www.thewb.com stating that season 5 is Angel's > >last. I'm stunned, dissapointed, sad, angry and even more just a little > >hurt. This show was the only show I REALLY looked forward to every week and > >now it will be gone after just 9 more episodes. Buffy broke my heart, but > >Angel helped me heal. Damn the WB, I hope UPN picks it up and gives it two > >more seasons.....it worked with Buffy why not Angel? > > How about if TNT picks it up? They already run it in syndication. > I'm not picky about who picks it up, as long as someone picks it > up. > Yeah, let *anyone* pick it up so long as they give Joss & Co. a chance to end it with a proper warning. They weren't able to end Buffy all that tightly and they knew all season, now we're just supposed to be able to "say goodbye" to everything with, what?, 2, maybe 3 more eps to tape? It's just going to leave everything feeling rushed and unfinished - it's no way for one of the few dramas I've followed with any sense of excitement in my adult life to go out. Damn you WB!

2004-02-13 22:03:21-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (d21s19@webtv.net)

Hell Spike is what killed the show, Joss was stupid to think bringing his pet vamp over to Angel would help. Check the weekly ratings going back to season six of Buffy ever since Spike and Bufffy got paired together viewers have dropped every week.

2004-02-13 22:38:06-06:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Lord Usher <lord_usher@hotmail.com>)

jvbguy@aol.comnomail (JVBGUY) wrote in news:20040213231359.11350.00001733@mb-m05.aol.com: > According to one of the articles, they are about to start filming > episode 20. That gives them probably 2 episodes (not counting ep. 20) > to do rewrites if they need to. Enough time to wrap everything up in > a tidy package? Doubt it. Actually, they just started casting for 18. So they've got about four episodes to wrap everything up. A doable proposition, I think. Make us proud, guys. *sniff* -- Lord Usher "I'm here to kill you, not to judge you."

2004-02-13 22:56:05-06:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Lord Usher <lord_usher@hotmail.com>)

jvbguy@aol.comnomail (JVBGUY) wrote in news:20040213234533.13560.00001487@mb-m24.aol.com: >>Actually, they just started casting for 18. So they've got about four >>episodes to wrap everything up. >> >>A doable proposition, I think. Make us proud, guys. *sniff* > > That's even better. I thought I read they were about to film episode > 20, but I could have been mistaken. No, the latest casting sides were for 18. The recent news about 20 was that Tim Minear might be writing/directing it -- which pretty much means it hasn't yet been written. Unfortunately, Tim later said that he won't be able to do the episode, because he won't be finished with WONDERFALLS in time. But maybe if we wish real hard he'll do episode 21 or 22. If any writer deserves the chance to send ANGEL out with a bang, it's Tim. -- Lord Usher "I'm here to kill you, not to judge you."

2004-02-14 00:25:43-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On 14 Feb 2004 05:07:12 GMT, jvbguy@aol.comnomail (JVBGUY) wrote: >I just hope they do a good job. Last thing I want to see if Willow coming over >to do a spell so that all vampires who could potentially have souls now become >vampires with souls. :-) You gotta admit though, it would be in keeping with the last few seasons of both shows. Every new slayer created would now have a harem of vampires with souls to bed. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2004-02-14 00:53:09-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Mark Jones <sinanju@pacifier.com>)

EGK <me@privacy.net>, on or about Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:20:09 -0500, did you or did you not state: >On 14 Feb 2004 01:08:34 GMT, boss6sr@aol.com (Boss6Sr) wrote: > >>Check it out for yourselves.... >> >> >>http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html > >It's not really surprising. I think The WB was expecting much more of a >ratings boost from bringing Spike over from BTVS. > >I don't think moving to Wolfram and Hart has worked out for the show either. The show has been floundering for a good long while now. I can't say I'm going to miss it, but I know that there are people who really enjoy it now (though I can't for the life of me understand _why_), and I'm sorry they're going to lose it. -- [AGB] Bullet Sponge "So what happened then, grandpa?" "Well, I got KILLED, of course!"

2004-02-14 01:08:34+00:00 - Bad News Angel Fans.... - (boss6sr@aol.com)

Check it out for yourselves.... http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html ~Boss

2004-02-14 01:57:19+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (boss6sr@aol.com)

I presume it's the real deal. It's sad really. ~Boss

2004-02-14 02:14:55+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (scruffywwp@aol.comlala)

Oh no :( I'm about to cry! How can we have no Buffy and no Angel and no spin off!?!?! AAAAAAAH KT Remember, always be yourself. Unless you suck. ~Joss Whedon

2004-02-14 02:25:30+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Sillyman@famous.com)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:21:59 -0500, "Melissa" <mbangel10@hotmail.com> wrote: > >"Katie" <scruffywwp@aol.comlala> wrote in message >news:20040213211455.21982.00001383@mb-m22.aol.com... >> Oh no :( >> I'm about to cry! How can we have no Buffy and no Angel and no spin >off!?!?! >> AAAAAAAH > >They posted a statement on www.thewb.com stating that season 5 is Angel's >last. Well. Shit.

2004-02-14 02:39:06+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - ("S.a.S" <s.a.stevens@no-spam.att.net>)

:'-( Well, so much for network television. Happily Angel will live on in DVD form.

2004-02-14 03:58:59+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

Code Monkey wrote: >Yeah, let *anyone* pick it up so long as they give Joss & Co. a chance >to end it with a proper warning. They weren't able to end Buffy all that >tightly and they knew all season, now we're just supposed to be able to >"say goodbye" to everything with, what?, 2, maybe 3 more eps to tape? >It's just going to leave everything feeling rushed and unfinished - it's >no way for one of the few dramas I've followed with any sense of >excitement in my adult life to go out. > >Damn you WB! > Didn't Joss say that he had planned this season so that the final episode would work as a finale to the series in case the show wasn't picked up? I read that somewhere, I think. I doubt the Shansu prophecy will be fullfilled, however. Not enough time, too few apolcapsi. John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-02-14 04:13:59+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

mcardle wrote: >Well, I'm sorry if it is true, but at least it gives some time to properly >end the series. > >Not like Farscape, where they learned they were being canceled while >filming the last scenes!! According to one of the articles, they are about to start filming episode 20. That gives them probably 2 episodes (not counting ep. 20) to do rewrites if they need to. Enough time to wrap everything up in a tidy package? Doubt it. But that's TV. John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-02-14 04:35:29+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (unboundi@aol.com)

This is obviously horrible news given how terrific this series is, but the ratings haven't been good and so it doesn't come as a real surprise. It's certainly going to cut down on the TV I watch next season, that's for damn sure. Rumor has it Tim Minner and David Greenwalt will return to the series before it ends this season - possibly in the same episode. One thing I do have plenty of confidence in is that Whedon will come up with something damn good for the series finale. This series has been building toward true greatness and there's no reason to believe Whedon is going to drop the ball now that it's all coming to an end. Unbound I Check out my book about The X-Files at http://www.trafford.com/robots/02-0625.html

2004-02-14 04:45:33+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

Lord Usher wrote: >jvbguy@aol.comnomail (JVBGUY) wrote in >news:20040213231359.11350.00001733@mb-m05.aol.com: > >> According to one of the articles, they are about to start filming >> episode 20. That gives them probably 2 episodes (not counting ep. 20) >> to do rewrites if they need to. Enough time to wrap everything up in >> a tidy package? Doubt it. > >Actually, they just started casting for 18. So they've got about four >episodes to wrap everything up. > >A doable proposition, I think. Make us proud, guys. *sniff* That's even better. I thought I read they were about to film episode 20, but I could have been mistaken. John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-02-14 05:07:12+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

Lord Usher wrote: >No, the latest casting sides were for 18. The recent news about 20 was that >Tim Minear might be writing/directing it -- which pretty much means it >hasn't yet been written. > >Unfortunately, Tim later said that he won't be able to do the episode, >because he won't be finished with WONDERFALLS in time. But maybe if we wish >real hard he'll do episode 21 or 22. > Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. >If any writer deserves the chance to send ANGEL out with a bang, it's Tim. I just hope they do a good job. Last thing I want to see if Willow coming over to do a spell so that all vampires who could potentially have souls now become vampires with souls. :-) John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-02-14 05:45:04+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

EGK wrote: >>I just hope they do a good job. Last thing I want to see if Willow coming >over >>to do a spell so that all vampires who could potentially have souls now >become >>vampires with souls. :-) > >You gotta admit though, it would be in keeping with the last few seasons of >both shows. Every new slayer created would now have a harem of vampires >with souls to bed. But Angel would be grumpier than ever. "I started the whole soul-having thing! First Spike and now this! Damn it! I was special!" Maybe the final shot could be Angel impaling himself with a desk leg saying "All this brooding and angst - it's so not worth it any more". John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-02-14 06:11:31+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

st wrote: >jvbguy wrote: >I doubt the Shansu prophecy will be fullfilled, however. >>Not enough time, too few apolcapsi. > >Too few? You mean for Harmony? Yeah, I know it sounds silly. But I actually, I meant for Angel. I just saw "To Shansu in LA" the other day and it sounded like he would have to go through a hell of a lot more than what just the few meager "end of the worlds" that he went through on Angel. I mean, there was the sun blotting out and subsequent reign of fire, the wacky world of Jasmine (don't even think that qualifies as an apocalypse) and whatever they cook up for the end of this season. Buffy went through more bad times in Season Three alone (though one took place during an alternate time line). But then again, the people who write prophecies tend to puff them up, I guess. :-) John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-02-14 08:38:29-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (tymcneal@hotmail.com)

It's a shame that the series is going to go out with such a whimper, but the writing was on the wall when they tore the heart and soul out of the series last season. But that's usually what happens when business decisions are made for personal reasons. For those who are going to miss the series, you have my sympathy. I've been missing it since the end of season three. Terry

2004-02-14 11:35:15-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Code Monkey <codemonkey@nowhere.com>)

In article <vcor20lephpb175d6dhhqaim9h7r18k8gd@4ax.com>, sinanju@pacifier.com says... > > The show has been floundering for a good long while now. I can't say > I'm going to miss it, but I know that there are people who really > enjoy it now (though I can't for the life of me understand _why_), and > I'm sorry they're going to lose it. I believe falls under the same rationale that kept us watching Buffy even during the godsawful storytelling of S6 - it's still better than 98% of the drama on television in spite of whatever flaws may plague it. With Angel gone I'll be down to 2 dramas, Smallville and Everwood, both WB as well so I'm not holding my breath for either one, particularly Everwood.

2004-02-14 12:07:40-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 00:53:09 -0800, Mark Jones <sinanju@pacifier.com> wrote: >EGK <me@privacy.net>, on or about Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:20:09 -0500, did >you or did you not state: http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html >> >>It's not really surprising. I think The WB was expecting much more of a >>ratings boost from bringing Spike over from BTVS. >> >>I don't think moving to Wolfram and Hart has worked out for the show either. > >The show has been floundering for a good long while now. I can't say >I'm going to miss it, but I know that there are people who really >enjoy it now (though I can't for the life of me understand _why_), and >I'm sorry they're going to lose it. I understand that completely. I feel the same way. With Angel I feel cancellation is more of a mercy killing but I can relate to those who will miss it terribly. I'm still missing Firefly more then I ever would Angel. Buying the DVD's of that show made it even worse. The fact that I believe both BTVS and Angel had been going downhill for some time makes their cancellations much easier on me personally. Both of them were like having someone close to you going through an extremely long illness. I could never give up on them but at the end relief is mixed with the sadness. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2004-02-14 14:31:55-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (DJensen <me@no-spam-thanks.net>)

Rose wrote: >>Subject: Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... >>From: d21s19@webtv.net >>Date: 2/13/2004 7:03 PM Pacific Standard Time >>Message-id: <21446-402D8FF9-102@storefull-3154.bay.webtv.net> >> >>Hell Spike is what killed the show, Joss was stupid to think bringing >>his pet vamp over to Angel would help. >> > > > For me, Spike didn't kill the show. The show killed Spike. Spike has been a crappy character since he went quasi-good back when he started hanging around with the Scoobies. -- DJensen

2004-02-14 14:52:22-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:42:39 GMT, BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote: >In article <20040213200834.18858.00002086@mb-m28.aol.com>, >boss6sr@aol.com (Boss6Sr) wrote: > >> Check it out for yourselves.... >> >> >> http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html > >What's amazing is all the surprise. I could tell this was the last >season before it even started. The WB's attitude alone was enough to >know that the show had one season's reprieve, nothing more. I think the attitude of The WB was quite evident. They were the ones who wanted Spike brought to the show. I think they were expecting or hoping for much more improvement in the ratings. It hasn't happened so the handwriting was on the wall. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2004-02-14 14:56:35-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On 14 Feb 2004 18:39:50 GMT, fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote: > >It DIDn't work with Buffy. Buffy went downhill after it went to UPN. I think >it would be better for Angel to end on a high note with the WB than go to UPN, >but maybe if SCI FI or some other cable channel picked it up, it could work >out. The biggest problem with moving an older show is the cast has reached a level where they're being paid pretty darned well for what they do. Smaller nets like Sci Fi can't afford to pick up the salaries of a show like Angel. It's cheaper to produce new shows with relative unknowns. It's not like Angel is a ratings winner. It wouldn't have nearly the influence that BTVS did on the schedule. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2004-02-14 14:56:39+11:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (mcardle@ozemail.com.au)

In article <21446-402D8FF9-102@storefull-3154.bay.webtv.net>, d21s19@webtv.net wrote: >Hell Spike is what killed the show, Joss was stupid to think bringing >his pet vamp over to Angel would help. > >Check the weekly ratings going back to season six of Buffy ever since >Spike and Bufffy got paired together viewers have dropped every week. > > > Well, I'm sorry if it is true, but at least it gives some time to properly end the series. Not like Farscape, where they learned they were being canceled while filming the last scenes!! my URL, http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mcardle

2004-02-14 16:10:47-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Mark Jones <sinanju@pacifier.com>)

Code Monkey <codemonkey@nowhere.com>, on or about Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:35:15 -0500, did you or did you not state: >In article <vcor20lephpb175d6dhhqaim9h7r18k8gd@4ax.com>, >sinanju@pacifier.com says... >> >> The show has been floundering for a good long while now. I can't say >> I'm going to miss it, but I know that there are people who really >> enjoy it now (though I can't for the life of me understand _why_), and >> I'm sorry they're going to lose it. > >I believe falls under the same rationale that kept us watching Buffy >even during the godsawful storytelling of S6 - it's still better than >98% of the drama on television in spite of whatever flaws may plague it. I repeat: I can't understand _why_ people think that. When it's good (and, rarely, both BtVS S6-7 and AtS still turn(ed) out amazing episodes), it's great. But when they do drek, it's...shit. Or maybe I'm grading on a curve because I know they used to do so much better. I _don't_ think either Buffy S6-7, or Angel now are anywhere close to "better than 98% of the drama on television." At best, they're on par. >With Angel gone I'll be down to 2 dramas, Smallville and Everwood, both >WB as well so I'm not holding my breath for either one, particularly >Everwood. Hmmm. What do I watch these days? Sunday: nothing (well, Simpsons when I remember, and its on). Monday: Everwood Tuesday: Gilmore Girls Wednesday: Smallville (and Angel, sometimes) Thursday: ER Friday: Stargate (when it's on and I remember) Saturday: nothing. -- [AGB] Bullet Sponge "So what happened then, grandpa?" "Well, I got KILLED, of course!"

2004-02-14 16:18:01-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Mark Jones <sinanju@pacifier.com>)

Larry Caldwell <larryc@teleport.com>, on or about Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:20:05 GMT, did you or did you not state: >In article <vcor20lephpb175d6dhhqaim9h7r18k8gd@4ax.com>, >sinanju@pacifier.com (Mark Jones) says... >> >I don't think moving to Wolfram and Hart has worked out for the show either. > >Clear back in high school, my creative writing teach told me, "Plot >resolves on conflict." It's hard to be conflicted when you are rich and >powerful. Angel and his sidekicks needed to go underground, pursued by >deadly forces. No, the _last_ thing "Angel" needed was to be the one zillionth rehash of "The Fugitive" with a fantasy/magic sugar coating (my phrase of the day). You can still have conflict even if the characters are fantastically rich and power (read any Zelazny novel for examples). I think having Angel & company take over W&H was a bad idea, but the problems go back farther than that. At least as far (in my opinion) as the whole Connor storyline, and maybe to the Pylea stuff in S2. -- [AGB] Bullet Sponge "So what happened then, grandpa?" "Well, I got KILLED, of course!"

2004-02-14 17:10:32+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (KenM47 <KenM47@ix.netcom.com>)

EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: >On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 00:53:09 -0800, Mark Jones <sinanju@pacifier.com> wrote: > >>EGK <me@privacy.net>, on or about Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:20:09 -0500, did >>you or did you not state: > >http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html >>> >>>It's not really surprising. I think The WB was expecting much more of a >>>ratings boost from bringing Spike over from BTVS. >>> >>>I don't think moving to Wolfram and Hart has worked out for the show either. >> >>The show has been floundering for a good long while now. I can't say >>I'm going to miss it, but I know that there are people who really >>enjoy it now (though I can't for the life of me understand _why_), and >>I'm sorry they're going to lose it. > >I understand that completely. I feel the same way. With Angel I feel >cancellation is more of a mercy killing but I can relate to those who will >miss it terribly. I'm still missing Firefly more then I ever would Angel. >Buying the DVD's of that show made it even worse. > >The fact that I believe both BTVS and Angel had been going downhill for some >time makes their cancellations much easier on me personally. Both of them >were like having someone close to you going through an extremely long >illness. I could never give up on them but at the end relief is mixed with >the sadness. > > Well said. Ken

2004-02-14 17:34:56-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (rshiflet@hotmail.com)

d21s19@webtv.net wrote in message news:<21446-402D8FF9-102@storefull-3154.bay.webtv.net>... > Hell Spike is what killed the show, Joss was stupid to think bringing > his pet vamp over to Angel would help. Actually, I think the show is much better this season than last season. At least this season seems to have the same continuing plot, unlike last season where it felt like they kept changing it. > Check the weekly ratings going back to season six of Buffy ever since > Spike and Bufffy got paired together viewers have dropped every week. The ratings on UPN were lower mostly because less people get UPN than the WB. Even if you were eventually shown Buffy (as in St. Louis), it wasn't counted in the ratings. Renee

2004-02-14 17:42:39+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

2004-02-14 17:50:31+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Linda <lindaDELETESPAM@susieword.com>)

"Terry McNeal" <tymcneal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:26b7e9d4.0402140838.1260a564@posting.google.com... > It's a shame that the series is going to go out with such a whimper, > but the writing was on the wall when they tore the heart and soul out > of the series last season. But that's usually what happens when > business decisions are made for personal reasons. For those who are > going to miss the series, you have my sympathy. I've been missing it > since the end of season three. I've been expecting this news ever since they took Cordelia away and added a character that I hate (Spike). So it was no big surprise to me. As I've said before, the series ended with "Home". -- Best regards, Linda Mmmmmm......Angel

2004-02-14 18:01:48+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Jenn <jennthediva-nospam@yahoo.com>)

"Linda" <lindaDELETESPAM@susieword.com> wrote in message news:HdtXb.8310944$Id.1377666@news.easynews.com... > > "Terry McNeal" <tymcneal@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:26b7e9d4.0402140838.1260a564@posting.google.com... > > It's a shame that the series is going to go out with such a whimper, > > but the writing was on the wall when they tore the heart and soul out > > of the series last season. But that's usually what happens when > > business decisions are made for personal reasons. For those who are > > going to miss the series, you have my sympathy. I've been missing it > > since the end of season three. > > I've been expecting this news ever since they took Cordelia away and added a > character that I hate (Spike). So it was no big surprise to me. As I've said > before, the series ended with "Home". I have to agree. I think what upsets me the most is what they did with Connor's character, and Cordelia's character the most. What really bothers me is it looks like Joss only has 4 episodes that have not been cast or shot, how is that going to be enough to wrap up some stuff like the shanshu and Wolfram & Hart storyline? I already know about ep 18 and that's a step in the right direction, so I'm also wondering if Joss knew this was the last season anyway, and is going to pull off some big surprises the rest of this season. One can hope anyway... Jenn > > > -- > Best regards, > > Linda > > Mmmmmm......Angel > >

2004-02-14 18:16:24-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (NickKnight <NickKnightSTILLNOSPAMonFK@hotmail.com>)

On 14 Feb 2004 04:13:59 GMT, jvbguy@aol.comnomail (JVBGUY) wrote: >According to one of the articles, they are about to start filming episode 20. >That gives them probably 2 episodes (not counting ep. 20) to do rewrites if >they need to. Enough time to wrap everything up in a tidy package? Doubt it. >But that's TV. In that respect then Angel is lucky. Some shows have zero episodes left to tie up loose ends when they are cancelled. -------------------------------------------- "Finally a member of the Jackson family finds another young boy to victimize." -------------------------Jimmy Fallon on SNL referring to Justin Timberlake To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

2004-02-14 18:20:42-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:44:48 GMT, Larry Caldwell <larryc@teleport.com> wrote: >In article <01vs20dpp7bqie11et11rk0trf7nnth8cq@4ax.com>, me@privacy.net >(EGK) says... >> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:42:39 GMT, BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote: >> >> >In article <20040213200834.18858.00002086@mb-m28.aol.com>, >> >boss6sr@aol.com (Boss6Sr) wrote: >> > >> >> Check it out for yourselves.... >> >> >> >> >> >> http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html >> > >> >What's amazing is all the surprise. I could tell this was the last >> >season before it even started. The WB's attitude alone was enough to >> >know that the show had one season's reprieve, nothing more. >> >> I think the attitude of The WB was quite evident. They were the ones who >> wanted Spike brought to the show. I think they were expecting or hoping for >> much more improvement in the ratings. It hasn't happened so the handwriting >> was on the wall. > >It is amazing to me that writers don't get more respect in Hollywood. >The first ingredient of a hit show is an interesting story, and Angel >has been sadly lacking on that level. Spike had nothing to do with it. >The show has been boring, with no plot and damned little action. I wasn't making a post trying to blame the cancellation on Spike. I'm just saying that The WB were the ones who reportedly wanted him brought to the show. Obviously they had to have been expecting better ratings as a result. I agree that Angel hasn't been that good but then again I thought last year's arc was simply terrible and the problems with the writing go all the way back to season 2 and the dumb-as-a-post Pylea arc. There have been many good individual episodes but the season arcs haven't ever been anything to write home about as far as i'm concerned. Just a lot of plot threads that meander around and never seem to come to much. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2004-02-14 18:33:48+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2004-02-14 18:37:01+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2004-02-14 18:39:50+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2004-02-14 18:41:22+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2004-02-14 19:19:29-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Deborah Terreson <foodNOTSPAMandart@comcast.net>)

---------- In article <MPG.1a9822a136db7a2898acdf@news.west.earthlink.net>, Larry Caldwell <larryc@teleport.com> wrote: > It's time to let the old folks watch their reruns and dream of the > vanished days of their youth, kind of like Michael Jackson fans. Watch yourself Larry. Time is having it's randy way with you too.

2004-02-14 20:20:05+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Larry Caldwell <larryc@teleport.com>)

In article <vcor20lephpb175d6dhhqaim9h7r18k8gd@4ax.com>, sinanju@pacifier.com (Mark Jones) says... > EGK <me@privacy.net>, on or about Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:20:09 -0500, did > you or did you not state: > > >On 14 Feb 2004 01:08:34 GMT, boss6sr@aol.com (Boss6Sr) wrote: > > > >>Check it out for yourselves.... > >> > >> > >>http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html > > > >It's not really surprising. I think The WB was expecting much more of a > >ratings boost from bringing Spike over from BTVS. > > > >I don't think moving to Wolfram and Hart has worked out for the show either. Clear back in high school, my creative writing teach told me, "Plot resolves on conflict." It's hard to be conflicted when you are rich and powerful. Angel and his sidekicks needed to go underground, pursued by deadly forces. Somebody we really care about needed to die a terrible and noble death. If they were going to kill off CC, why didn't they make her death meaningful? > The show has been floundering for a good long while now. I can't say > I'm going to miss it, but I know that there are people who really > enjoy it now (though I can't for the life of me understand _why_), and > I'm sorry they're going to lose it. The franchise originally appealed to the non-critical youth market, and the cast has aged right out from under their target audience. DB is now a decade older than when he was cast on Buffy as "the older guy". I think one of the reasons CC was let go is that she was really starting to show her age. Casting AA as a geek didn't do much to attract the young girls. It's time to let the old folks watch their reruns and dream of the vanished days of their youth, kind of like Michael Jackson fans. -- http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

2004-02-14 20:46:14+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (unboundi@aol.com)

>From: fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) > >>Subject: Bad News Angel Fans.... >>From: boss6sr@aol.com (Boss6Sr) >>Date: 2/13/2004 5:08 PM Pacific Standard Time >>Message-id: <20040213200834.18858.00002086@mb-m28.aol.com> >> >>Check it out for yourselves.... >> >> >>http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html >> >>~Boss >> > >What a rotten thing to wake up to... > >An era ends. > >I'm so sorry, guys. I hope we can keep our posting community together. > > > For what it's worth, "The X-Files" has been able to keep its posting community alive in various places (although it's obviously nowhere near as strong as it once was) and that series ended with more fan discord than a hundred "Buffy's" and "Angel's" combined. So if the desire is strong, the community will remain. Unbound I Check out my book about The X-Files at http://www.trafford.com/robots/02-0625.html

2004-02-14 21:52:05-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Gubira@webtv.net)

Rose . Spike was killed off on Buffy. And I don't mean what happened to him in the final.

2004-02-14 22:19:47-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (bsunjay@post.com)

> >It is amazing to me that writers don't get more respect in Hollywood. > >The first ingredient of a hit show is an interesting story, and Angel > >has been sadly lacking on that level. Spike had nothing to do with it. > >The show has been boring, with no plot and damned little action. > > I wasn't making a post trying to blame the cancellation on Spike. I'm just > saying that The WB were the ones who reportedly wanted him brought to the > show. Obviously they had to have been expecting better ratings as a result. Well, the problem is, the writing in S5 has been tailored exclusively to forefront Spike and feature less of everyone else bar Angel. The result is that some of the older fans were disappointed and left the show. The treatment of Cordelia's character didn't help either. I still remember back when S5 started where people beg that ME don't feature too much Spike but no one listened. Here is the result. I know that episode 14 and above starts to heavily feature other characters more but I think it's a case of a little too late.

2004-02-14 22:44:48+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Larry Caldwell <larryc@teleport.com>)

In article <01vs20dpp7bqie11et11rk0trf7nnth8cq@4ax.com>, me@privacy.net (EGK) says... > On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:42:39 GMT, BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote: > > >In article <20040213200834.18858.00002086@mb-m28.aol.com>, > >boss6sr@aol.com (Boss6Sr) wrote: > > > >> Check it out for yourselves.... > >> > >> > >> http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html > > > >What's amazing is all the surprise. I could tell this was the last > >season before it even started. The WB's attitude alone was enough to > >know that the show had one season's reprieve, nothing more. > > I think the attitude of The WB was quite evident. They were the ones who > wanted Spike brought to the show. I think they were expecting or hoping for > much more improvement in the ratings. It hasn't happened so the handwriting > was on the wall. It is amazing to me that writers don't get more respect in Hollywood. The first ingredient of a hit show is an interesting story, and Angel has been sadly lacking on that level. Spike had nothing to do with it. The show has been boring, with no plot and damned little action. -- http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

2004-02-14 23:13:18-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (nospam@nospam.com)

In article <MPG.1a9822a136db7a2898acdf@news.west.earthlink.net>, Larry Caldwell <larryc@teleport.com> wrote: > If they were going to kill off CC, why didn't they > make her death meaningful? i didn't have a problem with her death. in fact, I wish she had just died all along. That was what they set up, that jasmine's birth would kill Cordy. but then she didn't die for some cosmic reason, just ended up in a coma. yes killing her all along would have meant they wouldn't have that lovely blood trick to use. so they come up with something else. Connor could have still held all the folks hostage in some wacked out attempt to get himself killed and Angel would have still done what he did. Or at the least, Angel could have discovered that Cordy would never wake up and had something done to release her. or maybe once the threat was over, she'd just die on her own. keeping her in a coma but basically forgotten was rather lame. I think someone in the PTBs figured that out as well. So they had to kill her. and what better thing to do first than to let her play her role as the 'here's the straight up truth' girl one more time before she goes. plus she dropped the hints about Connor (something that was bound to be discovered eventually). Even if Connor's memory is never reversed, it is nasty as anything that Angel mojo'd the rest of them. What was the harm in being truthful with them. I'm sure they would all understand why Angel had Connor's memories written over even if they weren't to fond of the practice. Plus, I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that they weren't suspecting that their time was numbered. They knew that the network was expecting a ratings increase and didn't get it (not one that sticked). None of them can claim that they weren't aware that that lack of ratings would cause problems. They aren' stupid enough not to be worried or to try to claim that they didn't know that the WB might be banking against that increase.

2004-02-14 23:13:19-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (nospam@nospam.com)

In article <f6980f4e.0402141734.72f53ea1@posting.google.com>, Renee <rshiflet@hotmail.com> wrote: > The ratings on UPN were lower mostly because less people get UPN > than the WB. And that would have been taken into account when the guarantees were set. Remember folks, it's not the raw numbers that matter. It's how that number compares to the promise made to the advertisers. The show is sunk if it is #2 and they promised that it would be #1. by the same token, it can be #99 and be okay -- if the promise was that it would be #100. The former means that they have to pay back money (how much is determined by how far off the mark they are), the latter means they could get bonus money (again, depending on how far above the mark they are)

2004-02-14 23:16:17+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (KenM47 <KenM47@ix.netcom.com>)

fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote: >>Subject: Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... >>From: KenM47 KenM47@ix.netcom.com >>Date: 2/14/2004 9:10 AM Pacific Standard Time >>Message-id: <lmls209rnbm0ci8v00f1oktiac2smvbn3a@4ax.com> > >>> >> >>Well said. >> > >And I thought AOLers were the only ones who did "me too" posts. > >>Ken >> >> >> > Yup, that's holding "the posting community together." Thanks Rose. Ken

2004-02-14 23:29:45+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (tsd@millipede.gpcc.itd.umich.edu)

In article <tvat20pn87tcicvudmgh3ako2btukfjg00@4ax.com>, NickKnight <NickKnightSTILLNOSPAMonFK@hotmail.com> wrote: :On 14 Feb 2004 04:13:59 GMT, jvbguy@aol.comnomail (JVBGUY) wrote: : :>According to one of the articles, they are about to start filming episode 20. :>That gives them probably 2 episodes (not counting ep. 20) to do rewrites if :>they need to. Enough time to wrap everything up in a tidy package? Doubt it. :>But that's TV. :In that respect then Angel is lucky. Some shows have zero episodes :left to tie up loose ends when they are cancelled. Really. Also WB seems open to future Angel movies, so it not all without hope. --

2004-02-15 01:10:32-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - ("Jose R. Perez" <josejrp@mac.com>)

What a damn bummer... I can't remember the last time I loved a show so much and it got canceled (Buffy and The X-Files all ended after they had run their course, particularly The X-Files). So, first my dishwasher starts leaking, then I am told I have to remove a couple of trees from my yard because they are too close to the house, plus my heat pump starts acting up, and it's been raining all weekend, and now my favorite show, the only show I really look forward to and cannot miss, that show is canceled. Drives a man to drink, I'll tell ya! -- Jose.

2004-02-15 06:30:04-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (rshiflet@hotmail.com)

bsunjay@post.com (Bradley Schriff) wrote in message news:<bd27bb3b.0402142219.153e9d4@posting.google.com>... > > >It is amazing to me that writers don't get more respect in Hollywood. > > >The first ingredient of a hit show is an interesting story, and Angel > > >has been sadly lacking on that level. Spike had nothing to do with it. > > >The show has been boring, with no plot and damned little action. > > > > I wasn't making a post trying to blame the cancellation on Spike. I'm just > > saying that The WB were the ones who reportedly wanted him brought to the > > show. Obviously they had to have been expecting better ratings as a result. > > Well, the problem is, the writing in S5 has been tailored exclusively > to forefront Spike and feature less of everyone else bar Angel. The > result is that some of the older fans were disappointed and left the > show. The treatment of Cordelia's character didn't help either. I > still remember back when S5 started where people beg that ME don't > feature too much Spike but no one listened. Here is the result. I > know that episode 14 and above starts to heavily feature other > characters more but I think it's a case of a little too late. I don't think featuring too much Spike is what hurt the show (of course, I'm a Spike fan so I'm biased.) The whole W&H thing is what hurt it. The fact that they don't feature the rest of the cast (like Wesley) more often hurt it too. And yes, they could feature Spike and the rest of the cast at the same time. They could cut off some of the unnessary Spike scenes to do this. The same thing happened in season 6 and 7 of Buffy. They could have given the rest of the cast a better story arc, but they were lazy. I guess it's a chicken and the egg thing- did they featured too much Spike and cut into the rest of the characters, or did they not feel like developing the rest of the characters and had to fill that time with Spike? Renee

2004-02-15 11:02:28+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (3D Master <3d.master@chello.nl>)

EGK wrote: > On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:42:39 GMT, BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote: > > >>In article <20040213200834.18858.00002086@mb-m28.aol.com>, >>boss6sr@aol.com (Boss6Sr) wrote: >> >> >>>Check it out for yourselves.... >>> >>> >>>http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html >> >>What's amazing is all the surprise. I could tell this was the last >>season before it even started. The WB's attitude alone was enough to >>know that the show had one season's reprieve, nothing more. > > > I think the attitude of The WB was quite evident. They were the ones who > wanted Spike brought to the show. I think they were expecting or hoping for > much more improvement in the ratings. It hasn't happened so the handwriting > was on the wall. Actually no, that was Joss spin on things. Like one of the other producers said, (Minnear IIRC) WB wanted a cast member from Buffy to come over on the Angel show. To Joss that means Spike, because who else could someone possibly want to come over from Buffy right? 3D Master -- ~~~~~ "I've got something to say; it's better to burn out than to fade away!" - The Kurgan, Highlander "Give me some sugar, baby!" - Ashley J. 'Ash' Williams, Army of Darkness ~~~~~ Author of several stories, which can be found here: http://members.chello.nl/~jg.temolder1/

2004-02-15 14:47:04+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Larry Caldwell <larryc@teleport.com>)

In article <o-6dna7iMvyMJrPd4p2dnA@comcast.com>, foodNOTSPAMandart@comcast.net (Deborah Terreson) says... > > > ---------- > In article <MPG.1a9822a136db7a2898acdf@news.west.earthlink.net>, Larry > Caldwell <larryc@teleport.com> wrote: > > > > It's time to let the old folks watch their reruns and dream of the > > vanished days of their youth, kind of like Michael Jackson fans. > > Watch yourself Larry. Time is having it's randy way with you too. Time had its way with me decades ago, Deb. That's why I have some perspective on the youth entertainment market. -- http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

2004-02-15 15:32:44-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (nospam@nospam.com)

In article <8lIXb.21556$A7.6682@amsnews05.chello.com>, 3D Master <3d.master@chello.nl> wrote: > To Joss that means Spike, because who else > could someone possibly want to come over from Buffy right? exactly. Spike was the perfect choice a friend just pointed something out to me that I hadn't thought about not only does this early announcement mean that they can wrap up the show properly but it means that the cast knows that they will be available next fall. and the producers of all the new shows know (or will soon find out) that they are available. as Maggie said to me, if the announcement had waited until the end of the season it would muck up their chances for new starring roles cause the casts would be pretty much set I for one would love to see J August on that Hollywood Division show that Nathan Fillon was cast on. Young, hip cop posing as a kid. yep, J August could do that one really well.

2004-02-15 19:13:35-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (nospam@nospam.com)

In article <hlUXb.33647$A7.24526@amsnews05.chello.com>, 3D Master <3d.master@chello.nl> wrote: > nospam@nospam.com wrote: > > > In article <8lIXb.21556$A7.6682@amsnews05.chello.com>, 3D Master > > <3d.master@chello.nl> wrote: > > > > > >>To Joss that means Spike, because who else > >>could someone possibly want to come over from Buffy right? > > > > > > exactly. Spike was the perfect choice > > > > > > a friend just pointed something out to me that I hadn't thought about > > > > not only does this early announcement mean that they can wrap up the > > show properly but it means that the cast knows that they will be > > available next fall. and the producers of all the new shows know (or > > will soon find out) that they are available. as Maggie said to me, if > > the announcement had waited until the end of the season it would muck > > up their chances for new starring roles cause the casts would be pretty > > much set > > > > I for one would love to see J August on that Hollywood Division show > > that Nathan Fillon was cast on. Young, hip cop posing as a kid. yep, J > > August could do that one really well. > > No he wasn't. > > Reasons why Spike was supposedly such a great choice: he hates Angel, > and he brought a humanitarian view, a conscious to the show. (Snort, the > purely evil souled or not, completely selfish bastard of a vampire > brings a conscious, yeah, right.) > > Now let's see, there's this other guy, hero from the get go, has been > shown to be able to contain Angelus, and drive Angel to be better, he > has BEEN Angel's conscious in the past; oh, yeah, Xander Harris: sorry but Xander IN MY OPINION is a shitty choice to come over to the show. he totally hates Angel and would be just as annoying as another kid that totally hates Angel. remember that kid. goes by the name of Connor. plus Xander brings nothing to the team. He can't fight, he isn't great with the research etc. he's the Zeppo. At least Spike can kick ass and brought back the snark that was missing with Cordy gone

2004-02-15 19:13:37-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (nospam@nospam.com)

In article <1_UXb.34179$A7.1437@amsnews05.chello.com>, 3D Master <3d.master@chello.nl> wrote: > it's all about the smackdown between the two > vampires for the Slayer's pussy to them. sounds like someone is jealous how about I send you a fresh pack of batteries.

2004-02-15 21:34:58-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (nardo218@yahoo.com)

EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<j7cr201te42qk6ihdc85ttddbq1psack8k@4ax.com>... > You gotta admit though, it would be in keeping with the last few seasons of > both shows. Every new slayer created would now have a harem of vampires > with souls to bed. Lol! Thanks for a giggle on a dreary day on the newsgroup. :) Aura Ugh. When Angel goes, I won't have any newsgroups anymore. alt.tv.gilmore-girls is stars-hollow-sleepy, and I need my hourly updates!

2004-02-16 00:41:49+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (3D Master <3d.master@chello.nl>)

nospam@nospam.com wrote: > In article <8lIXb.21556$A7.6682@amsnews05.chello.com>, 3D Master > <3d.master@chello.nl> wrote: > > >>To Joss that means Spike, because who else >>could someone possibly want to come over from Buffy right? > > > exactly. Spike was the perfect choice > > > a friend just pointed something out to me that I hadn't thought about > > not only does this early announcement mean that they can wrap up the > show properly but it means that the cast knows that they will be > available next fall. and the producers of all the new shows know (or > will soon find out) that they are available. as Maggie said to me, if > the announcement had waited until the end of the season it would muck > up their chances for new starring roles cause the casts would be pretty > much set > > I for one would love to see J August on that Hollywood Division show > that Nathan Fillon was cast on. Young, hip cop posing as a kid. yep, J > August could do that one really well. No he wasn't. Reasons why Spike was supposedly such a great choice: he hates Angel, and he brought a humanitarian view, a conscious to the show. (Snort, the purely evil souled or not, completely selfish bastard of a vampire brings a conscious, yeah, right.) Now let's see, there's this other guy, hero from the get go, has been shown to be able to contain Angelus, and drive Angel to be better, he has BEEN Angel's conscious in the past; oh, yeah, Xander Harris: an he hates Angel also. Wow, he hates Angel, like Spike, bring a giant tension, and is actually a hero who can give the human heroic, conscious view, and has been shown before to actually be able to do exactly that for Angel, and capable of slicing and dicing Turok-han that Slayers have trouble with with ease, so he can physically hold his own as well against Angel. Oh, wait a minute, bonus points! His ex girlfriend is lying in a coma - either in W&H or in a hospital nearby - and he doesn't really know how she got there, and Angel the guy he hates was around her when she fell inside extra tension AND a valid reason for him to show up! Now if that isn't a match made in haven, I don't know what is. 3D Master -- ~~~~~ "I've got something to say; it's better to burn out than to fade away!" - The Kurgan, Highlander "Give me some sugar, baby!" - Ashley J. 'Ash' Williams, Army of Darkness ~~~~~ Author of several stories, which can be found here: http://members.chello.nl/~jg.temolder1/

2004-02-16 01:25:17+00:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (3D Master <3d.master@chello.nl>)

3D Master wrote: > nospam@nospam.com wrote: > >> In article <8lIXb.21556$A7.6682@amsnews05.chello.com>, 3D Master >> <3d.master@chello.nl> wrote: >> >> >>> To Joss that means Spike, because who else could someone possibly >>> want to come over from Buffy right? >> >> >> >> exactly. Spike was the perfect choice >> >> >> a friend just pointed something out to me that I hadn't thought about >> >> not only does this early announcement mean that they can wrap up the >> show properly but it means that the cast knows that they will be >> available next fall. and the producers of all the new shows know (or >> will soon find out) that they are available. as Maggie said to me, if >> the announcement had waited until the end of the season it would muck >> up their chances for new starring roles cause the casts would be pretty >> much set >> >> I for one would love to see J August on that Hollywood Division show >> that Nathan Fillon was cast on. Young, hip cop posing as a kid. yep, J >> August could do that one really well. > > > No he wasn't. > > Reasons why Spike was supposedly such a great choice: he hates Angel, > and he brought a humanitarian view, a conscious to the show. (Snort, the > purely evil souled or not, completely selfish bastard of a vampire > brings a conscious, yeah, right.) > > Now let's see, there's this other guy, hero from the get go, has been > shown to be able to contain Angelus, and drive Angel to be better, he > has BEEN Angel's conscious in the past; oh, yeah, Xander Harris: an he > hates Angel also. Wow, he hates Angel, like Spike, bring a giant > tension, and is actually a hero who can give the human heroic, conscious > view, and has been shown before to actually be able to do exactly that > for Angel, and capable of slicing and dicing Turok-han that Slayers have > trouble with with ease, so he can physically hold his own as well > against Angel. Oh, wait a minute, bonus points! His ex girlfriend is > lying in a coma - either in W&H or in a hospital nearby - and he doesn't > really know how she got there, and Angel the guy he hates was around her > when she fell inside extra tension AND a valid reason for him to show > up! Now if that isn't a match made in haven, I don't know what is. PS: And just when you thought it couldn't get any better. Xander has another, very interesting, connection to an Angel cast member: Wesley. Xander knew Wesley back when he was still a self-concious nub and a coward ready to sell out the Scooby Gang and Angel and humanity to the demon Balthasar and his sword-dueling vampire henchmen to save his own hide. While at the same time, Xander had already saved the world directly, indirectly or part of a group effort several times over, not to mention saved the lives of 2 slayers, 1 of whom multiple times over. Now if meeting up with Xander again doesn't bring out the self-conscious again. Then there are Gunn and Fred who've only known Wesley in his competent days, and suddenly here comes this guy who puts down Wesley, and he doesn't defend himself becaus he knows the guy is basically right, that can't sit well with them. Then think just think of Xander figuring out the mindwipe, and actively going after destroying it to get the others knowledge and/or perspective on how his ex came to be in a coma. Then succeeding and meeting up with the newly improved, darker, 'I only shave once a week', no nonsense shoot the shotgun first and ask questions later Wesley, now if that isn't an interesting meet. I bet after the first few initial tension filled weeks they'd get along like two fish in a pond, which would probably be Angel's worst nightmare, and more interesting story lines. Let's face it, the perfect Buffy castmember to bring over was Xander Harris, and no one else. But alas, ME doesn't care about the human characters anymore, it's all about the smackdown between the two vampires for the Slayer's pussy to them. 3D Master -- ~~~~~ "I've got something to say; it's better to burn out than to fade away!" - The Kurgan, Highlander "Give me some sugar, baby!" - Ashley J. 'Ash' Williams, Army of Darkness ~~~~~ Author of several stories, which can be found here: http://members.chello.nl/~jg.temolder1/

2004-02-16 10:39:47-06:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - ("Rev. Cyohtee - O'k�home Ehohatse" <cyohtee@barbarian.org>)

Out of the ether st <striketoo@hotmail.com> rose up and issued forth: >On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:56:39 +1100, mcardle@ozemail.com.au (Edward >McArdle) wrote: > >>Not like Farscape, where they learned they were being canceled while >>filming the last scenes!! > >But it was a fabulous way to end it, regardless. > >st >(who just recently downloaded the final ep) But it isn't over for Farscape, since SciFi agreed to let them do 4 more eps to wrap things up after all. -- Cyo (Remove '.invalid' to reply) cyohtee@ucan.foad.org http://www.barbarian.org/~cyohtee http://www.barbarian.org "Sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5." Commander Jeffrey Sinclair

2004-02-16 11:59:22-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Randy Money <rbmoney@spamblocklibrary.syr.edu>)

JVBGUY wrote: > EGK wrote: > > >>>I just hope they do a good job. Last thing I want to see if Willow coming >> >>over >> >>>to do a spell so that all vampires who could potentially have souls now >> >>become >> >>>vampires with souls. :-) >> >>You gotta admit though, it would be in keeping with the last few seasons of >>both shows. Every new slayer created would now have a harem of vampires >>with souls to bed. > > > But Angel would be grumpier than ever. "I started the whole soul-having thing! > First Spike and now this! Damn it! I was special!" Maybe the final shot > could be Angel impaling himself with a desk leg saying "All this brooding and > angst - it's so not worth it any more". > Nah. He'll still be special because Willow will know to pull out the "perfect happiness" clause in the spell on other vampires. He'll not only brood, he'll be very grumpy. Randy M. (suddenly thinking maybe Joss did Charisma a favor)

2004-02-16 13:07:56-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (nfway <nfw@yahoo.com>)

In article <5gs1301h52vbl7fn8fd5din3go032sgrhp@4ax.com>, cyohtee@barbarian.org says... > Out of the ether st <striketoo@hotmail.com> rose up and issued forth: > > >On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:56:39 +1100, mcardle@ozemail.com.au (Edward > >McArdle) wrote: > > > >>Not like Farscape, where they learned they were being canceled while > >>filming the last scenes!! > > > >But it was a fabulous way to end it, regardless. > > > >st > >(who just recently downloaded the final ep) > > But it isn't over for Farscape, since SciFi agreed to let them do 4 > more eps to wrap things up after all. > > > have they stated a date when the additional Farscape episodes are supposed to be made or to air?

2004-02-16 21:55:54-05:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (NickKnight <NickKnightSTILLNOSPAMonFK@hotmail.com>)

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:39:47 -0600, Rev. Cyohtee - O'k�home Ehohatse <cyohtee@barbarian.org> wrote: >But it isn't over for Farscape, since SciFi agreed to let them do 4 >more eps to wrap things up after all. But the remaining episodes won't be on sci fi. Looks like it will be HBO. Sci fi agreed to zip zilch nada. -------------------------------------------- "Finally a member of the Jackson family finds another young boy to victimize." -------------------------Jimmy Fallon on SNL referring to Justin Timberlake To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

2004-02-17 02:26:51+11:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (alphakitten <alphakittenx@netscape.net>)

2004-02-17 08:24:39-06:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (Thirsty Viking <john_doerter@hotmail.com>)

"Renee" <rshiflet@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f6980f4e.0402150630.392f37d9@posting.google.com... > bsunjay@post.com (Bradley Schriff) wrote in message news:<bd27bb3b.0402142219.153e9d4@posting.google.com>... > > > >It is amazing to me that writers don't get more respect in Hollywood. > > > >The first ingredient of a hit show is an interesting story, and Angel > > > >has been sadly lacking on that level. Spike had nothing to do with it. > > > >The show has been boring, with no plot and damned little action. > > > > > > I wasn't making a post trying to blame the cancellation on Spike. I'm just > > > saying that The WB were the ones who reportedly wanted him brought to the > > > show. Obviously they had to have been expecting better ratings as a result. > > > > Well, the problem is, the writing in S5 has been tailored exclusively > > to forefront Spike and feature less of everyone else bar Angel. The > > result is that some of the older fans were disappointed and left the > > show. The treatment of Cordelia's character didn't help either. I > > still remember back when S5 started where people beg that ME don't > > feature too much Spike but no one listened. Here is the result. I > > know that episode 14 and above starts to heavily feature other > > characters more but I think it's a case of a little too late. > > I don't think featuring too much Spike is what hurt the show (of > course, I'm a Spike fan so I'm biased.) The whole W&H thing is what > hurt it. The fact that they don't feature the rest of the cast (like > Wesley) more often hurt it too. And yes, they could feature Spike and > the rest of the cast at the same time. They could cut off some of the > unnessary Spike scenes to do this. The same thing happened in season 6 > and 7 of Buffy. They could have given the rest of the cast a better > story arc, but they were lazy. > Sigh.. Overly willows centric season 6 arc, led to her poor showing in S7. Oddly enough the same thing happened to Cordy after ME made her the Big Bad. Xander and Anya had a marriage arc in S6, didn't work out, Anya had a nice return of the vengence demon arc. Really nothing to complain about Anya wise in S7 IMO. Xander was a mostly finished charachter, His highpoint being saving the world with a goofy crayon story. AtS problem is they kept trying to reinvent the show. IMO they did it too often. the first mistake was the effort to make an unreliable actress the Big bad for the season in a very serielazed and contorted arc. Toss in a pregnancy and the whole thing goes to pot.

2004-02-17 21:02:43-08:00 - Re: Bad News Angel Fans.... - (rshiflet@hotmail.com)

"Thirsty Viking" <john_doerter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<-rqdndONAeU4sq_dRVn-uA@comcast.com>... > "Renee" <rshiflet@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:f6980f4e.0402150630.392f37d9@posting.google.com... > > bsunjay@post.com (Bradley Schriff) wrote in message > news:<bd27bb3b.0402142219.153e9d4@posting.google.com>... > > > > >It is amazing to me that writers don't get more respect in Hollywood. > > > > >The first ingredient of a hit show is an interesting story, and Angel > > > > >has been sadly lacking on that level. Spike had nothing to do with > it. > > > > >The show has been boring, with no plot and damned little action. > > > > > > > > I wasn't making a post trying to blame the cancellation on Spike. I'm > just > > > > saying that The WB were the ones who reportedly wanted him brought to > the > > > > show. Obviously they had to have been expecting better ratings as a > result. > > > > > > Well, the problem is, the writing in S5 has been tailored exclusively > > > to forefront Spike and feature less of everyone else bar Angel. The > > > result is that some of the older fans were disappointed and left the > > > show. The treatment of Cordelia's character didn't help either. I > > > still remember back when S5 started where people beg that ME don't > > > feature too much Spike but no one listened. Here is the result. I > > > know that episode 14 and above starts to heavily feature other > > > characters more but I think it's a case of a little too late. > > > > I don't think featuring too much Spike is what hurt the show (of > > course, I'm a Spike fan so I'm biased.) The whole W&H thing is what > > hurt it. The fact that they don't feature the rest of the cast (like > > Wesley) more often hurt it too. And yes, they could feature Spike and > > the rest of the cast at the same time. They could cut off some of the > > unnessary Spike scenes to do this. The same thing happened in season 6 > > and 7 of Buffy. They could have given the rest of the cast a better > > story arc, but they were lazy. > > > Sigh.. Sigh? > Overly willows centric season 6 arc, led to her poor > showing in S7. Oddly enough the same thing happened > to Cordy after ME made her the Big Bad. I didn't mind Willow's story arc in season six, at least it was interesting. The rest of the cast, besides Buffy and Spike, had pretty sucky storylines, though. > Xander and Anya had a marriage arc in S6, didn't work out, > Anya had a nice return of the vengence demon arc. Really > nothing to complain about Anya wise in S7 IMO. Xander > was a mostly finished charachter, His highpoint being saving > the world with a goofy crayon story. I still think they could have given him a better arc. Anya's story as a vengence demon lasted a few episodes, and then she just hung around. Dawn might as well have not been there. I'm not blaming Spike (I liked his storyline). > > AtS problem is they kept trying to reinvent the show. > IMO they did it too often. the first mistake was the > effort to make an unreliable actress the Big bad for the > season in a very serielazed and contorted arc. Toss > in a pregnancy and the whole thing goes to pot. I agree with this. It was even worse when they moved to W&H, but I think the show is much better now (it seemed to improve greatly ever since Spike stopped being a ghost.) Renee