FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-07 19:25:14-07:00 - Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (ravensect@yahoo.com)

I know that for almost every Wednesday night since this past fall, I have shouted "just kill him!" at Connor on Angel. I hated his character, the haphazard directions it went, and how he always seemed like a whiny little bastard for a kid that grew up in a rough-and-tumble hell dimension. Spoiler Space: So, now Connor is out of the picture, tucked away in a happy family in the California countryside, and we don't have to see him any more. I got what I wanted: Connor is gone. But the sad thing is, I actually began to feel sorry for him. I'm not saying I want him back! I always thought he was a poorly written character, and while I still have nitpicks, I have realized that he was acting much like any kid that bounced around in foster care. He wanted a family, and wanted unconditional love, but never found it. Did anyone else who previously hated Connor find a little tear in thier eye at seeing him in a happy/healthy family? Maybe I'm just emotional since this is the season finale and we'll be losing Buffy this year... *sniffle* Veracosa www.sushislut.net

2003-05-07 23:24:42-05:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (Buck Naked <OIL>)

Veracosa wrote: > I know that for almost every Wednesday night since this past fall, I > have shouted "just kill him!" at Connor on Angel. I hated his > character, the haphazard directions it went, and how he always seemed > like a whiny little bastard for a kid that grew up in a > rough-and-tumble hell dimension. > > Spoiler Space: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > So, now Connor is out of the picture, tucked away in a happy family in > the California countryside, and we don't have to see him any more. I > got what I wanted: Connor is gone. But the sad thing is, I actually > began to feel sorry for him. I'm not saying I want him back! I always > thought he was a poorly written character, and while I still have > nitpicks, I have realized that he was acting much like any kid that > bounced around in foster care. He wanted a family, and wanted > unconditional love, but never found it. > > Did anyone else who previously hated Connor find a little tear in > thier eye at seeing him in a happy/healthy family? Maybe I'm just > emotional since this is the season finale and we'll be losing Buffy > this year... > *sniffle* > > Veracosa > www.sushislut.net I agree wholeheartedly. I really think they nailed the ending to the arc on the Connor arc. I really think this season of Angel ranks up there with Buffy Seasons 2 and 3, and light years ahead of the current season of Buffy.

2003-05-07 23:27:02-07:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (Mark Jones <sinanju@pacifier.com>)

ravensect@yahoo.com (Veracosa), on or about 7 May 2003 19:25:14 -0700, did you or did you not state: >I know that for almost every Wednesday night since this past fall, I >have shouted "just kill him!" at Connor on Angel. I hated his >character, the haphazard directions it went, and how he always seemed >like a whiny little bastard for a kid that grew up in a >rough-and-tumble hell dimension. > >Spoiler Space: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Did anyone else who previously hated Connor find a little tear in >thier eye at seeing him in a happy/healthy family? Maybe I'm just >emotional since this is the season finale and we'll be losing Buffy >this year... >*sniffle* The only tears in my eyes were tears of joy that Connor, that odious little cretin, was apparently being written out of the show. It was happening much too late (the same ep in which he appeared would have been far too late), and I'd much rather have seen him die a horrible, lingering death alone and unloved...but at least he's gone. -- "It will let you do things nobody else can do, see things nobody else can see." "_Real_ things?" --Egg Shen and Jack Burton

2003-05-08 02:49:24+00:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (tedffz@aol.com)

Spoiler Space - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I have always been begging the PTB to let Connor cease to be, but this episode tugged at my heartstrings in a big way. And it wasn't just Lorne singing West Side Story. Ted (the Toast, "To Family" really got me)

2003-05-08 02:52:44+00:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (Ken Wiggins <fanob5@wi.rr.com>)

"Veracosa" <ravensect@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0192c26.0305071825.2bd4ec92@posting.google.com... > I know that for almost every Wednesday night since this past fall, I > have shouted "just kill him!" at Connor on Angel. I hated his > character, the haphazard directions it went, and how he always seemed > like a whiny little bastard for a kid that grew up in a > rough-and-tumble hell dimension. > > Spoiler Space: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > So, now Connor is out of the picture, tucked away in a happy family in > the California countryside, and we don't have to see him any more. I > got what I wanted: Connor is gone. But the sad thing is, I actually > began to feel sorry for him. I'm not saying I want him back! I always > thought he was a poorly written character, and while I still have > nitpicks, I have realized that he was acting much like any kid that > bounced around in foster care. He wanted a family, and wanted > unconditional love, but never found it. > > Did anyone else who previously hated Connor find a little tear in > thier eye at seeing him in a happy/healthy family? Maybe I'm just > emotional since this is the season finale and we'll be losing Buffy > this year... > *sniffle* > > Veracosa > www.sushislut.net Nope. Not me. I was hoping Angel offed the little s**t in the sporting goods store when they cut to the lobby. Oh well. Back to Sunnydale! KW

2003-05-08 03:03:22+00:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (AE Jabbour <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net>)

Veracosa <ravensect@yahoo.com> wrote: > I know that for almost every Wednesday night since this past fall, I > have shouted "just kill him!" at Connor on Angel. I hated his > character, the haphazard directions it went, and how he always seemed > like a whiny little bastard for a kid that grew up in a > rough-and-tumble hell dimension. > > Spoiler Space: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [snipped] > > Did anyone else who previously hated Connor find a little tear in > thier eye at seeing him in a happy/healthy family? Maybe I'm just > emotional since this is the season finale and we'll be losing Buffy > this year... > *sniffle* Yes, I felt the same way. I disliked Connor for most of his existence, I wished for his untimely demise, I hated the writing for him, and then they go and give him some gravitas last week, and on top of it make me actually miss his character now. Sheesh. That's just not playing fair. What a great episode. I have been waiting since S2 for this. As much as I have disliked the last two seasons, this episode made me all of a sudden long for a Season Five. -- A.E. Jabbour "IN the second century of the Christian era, the Empire of Rome comprehended the fairest part of the earth, and the most civilised portion of mankind." Edward Gibbon, "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire"

2003-05-08 04:00:23+00:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (buffhunter@my-deja.com)

In article <a0192c26.0305071825.2bd4ec92@posting.google.com>, ravensect@yahoo.com says... > I know that for almost every Wednesday night since this past fall, I > have shouted "just kill him!" at Connor on Angel. I hated his > character, the haphazard directions it went, and how he always seemed > like a whiny little bastard for a kid that grew up in a > rough-and-tumble hell dimension. > > Spoiler Space: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > So, now Connor is out of the picture, tucked away in a happy family in > the California countryside, and we don't have to see him any more. I > got what I wanted: Connor is gone. But the sad thing is, I actually > began to feel sorry for him. I'm not saying I want him back! I always > thought he was a poorly written character, and while I still have > nitpicks, I have realized that he was acting much like any kid that > bounced around in foster care. He wanted a family, and wanted > unconditional love, but never found it. > > Did anyone else who previously hated Connor find a little tear in > thier eye at seeing him in a happy/healthy family? Maybe I'm just > emotional since this is the season finale and we'll be losing Buffy > this year... > *sniffle* > > Veracosa > www.sushislut.net > --- Well, I have always understood him, it is BECAUSE he grew up in a hell dimension with a slightly demented Holtz that made him a "whiny" bastard. If his character seemed to have been written haphazzardly, well that is fitting given his background isn't it? -- ----->Hunter "No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'." -----William J. McDonald Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

2003-05-08 04:01:43+00:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (buffhunter@my-deja.com)

In article <0Ejua.7274$JE3.468931@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>, fanob5@wi.rr.com says... > > "Veracosa" <ravensect@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:a0192c26.0305071825.2bd4ec92@posting.google.com... > > I know that for almost every Wednesday night since this past fall, I > > have shouted "just kill him!" at Connor on Angel. I hated his > > character, the haphazard directions it went, and how he always seemed > > like a whiny little bastard for a kid that grew up in a > > rough-and-tumble hell dimension. > > > > Spoiler Space: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > So, now Connor is out of the picture, tucked away in a happy family in > > the California countryside, and we don't have to see him any more. I > > got what I wanted: Connor is gone. But the sad thing is, I actually > > began to feel sorry for him. I'm not saying I want him back! I always > > thought he was a poorly written character, and while I still have > > nitpicks, I have realized that he was acting much like any kid that > > bounced around in foster care. He wanted a family, and wanted > > unconditional love, but never found it. > > > > Did anyone else who previously hated Connor find a little tear in > > thier eye at seeing him in a happy/healthy family? Maybe I'm just > > emotional since this is the season finale and we'll be losing Buffy > > this year... > > *sniffle* > > > > Veracosa > > www.sushislut.net > > Nope. Not me. I was hoping Angel offed the little s**t in the sporting goods > store when they cut to the lobby. > Oh well. Back to Sunnydale! > KW > > > ---- He did. -- ----->Hunter "No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'." -----William J. McDonald Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

2003-05-08 04:44:23+00:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (Rob Myers <robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net>)

In article <a0192c26.0305071825.2bd4ec92@posting.google.com>, Veracosa <ravensect@yahoo.com> wrote: > I know that for almost every Wednesday night since this past fall, I > have shouted "just kill him!" at Connor on Angel. I hated his > character, the haphazard directions it went, and how he always seemed > like a whiny little bastard for a kid that grew up in a > rough-and-tumble hell dimension. > > Spoiler Space: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > So, now Connor is out of the picture, tucked away in a happy family in > the California countryside, and we don't have to see him any more. I > got what I wanted: Connor is gone. But the sad thing is, I actually > began to feel sorry for him. I'm not saying I want him back! I always > thought he was a poorly written character, and while I still have > nitpicks, I have realized that he was acting much like any kid that > bounced around in foster care. He wanted a family, and wanted > unconditional love, but never found it. > > Did anyone else who previously hated Connor find a little tear in > thier eye at seeing him in a happy/healthy family? Maybe I'm just > emotional since this is the season finale and we'll be losing Buffy > this year... > *sniffle* I wouldn't say I liked Connor as a person, so much as I did think he was well-written, and very well-acted by Vincent Kartheiser. He was by no means a simple asshole, or a simple brat like Dawn used to be. And also unlike Dawn, Connor has some very good reasons for being maladjusted. But at the end I was glad for him even as I felt sorry for Angel. Mission accomplished I suppose. -- rob m at rob myers dot net

2003-05-08 05:06:30+00:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (cmk1996@aol.com)

2003-05-08 18:28:08+00:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (liv <liv@ziplink.net>)

On 7 May 2003 19:25:14 -0700, ravensect@yahoo.com (Veracosa) wrote: >I know that for almost every Wednesday night since this past fall, I >have shouted "just kill him!" at Connor on Angel. I hated his >character, the haphazard directions it went, and how he always seemed >like a whiny little bastard for a kid that grew up in a >rough-and-tumble hell dimension. > >Spoiler Space: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >So, now Connor is out of the picture, tucked away in a happy family in >the California countryside, and we don't have to see him any more. I >got what I wanted: Connor is gone. But the sad thing is, I actually >began to feel sorry for him. I'm not saying I want him back! I always >thought he was a poorly written character, and while I still have >nitpicks, I have realized that he was acting much like any kid that >bounced around in foster care. He wanted a family, and wanted >unconditional love, but never found it. ------------- He did find unconditional love--Angel pretty much loved him , whatever he did. Unconditional love wasn't enough, he wanted to feel loved, and that all happened inside Connor. liv liv@garbage.ziplink.net take out the garbage to reply... If you can't beat your computer at chess try kickboxing.

2003-05-09 00:17:33-07:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (Mark Jones <sinanju@pacifier.com>)

"Linda" <lindaDELETESPAM@susieword.com>, on or about Fri, 09 May 2003 03:04:12 GMT, did you or did you not state: > >"Mark Jones" <sinanju@pacifier.com> wrote in message >news:a1ujbv4dk64njk8jj6kbmm4birno3f67rs@4ax.com... >> The only tears in my eyes were tears of joy that Connor, that odious >> little cretin, was apparently being written out of the show. It was >> happening much too late (the same ep in which he appeared would have >> been far too late), and I'd much rather have seen him die a horrible, >> lingering death alone and unloved...but at least he's gone. > > >Is he? Seems to me they left him alive just so the writers if need be can >find a way to return him if a really great story idea comes up. Well...yeah. The Buffyverse is like the comic world. Nobody is _ever_ so dead they can't bring them back. But Connor appears to be out of the story. Or so I can fervently hope. -- "It will let you do things nobody else can do, see things nobody else can see." "_Real_ things?" --Egg Shen and Jack Burton

2003-05-09 03:04:12+00:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (Linda <lindaDELETESPAM@susieword.com>)

"Mark Jones" <sinanju@pacifier.com> wrote in message news:a1ujbv4dk64njk8jj6kbmm4birno3f67rs@4ax.com... > ravensect@yahoo.com (Veracosa), on or about 7 May 2003 19:25:14 -0700, > did you or did you not state: > > >I know that for almost every Wednesday night since this past fall, I > >have shouted "just kill him!" at Connor on Angel. I hated his > >character, the haphazard directions it went, and how he always seemed > >like a whiny little bastard for a kid that grew up in a > >rough-and-tumble hell dimension. > > > >Spoiler Space: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Did anyone else who previously hated Connor find a little tear in > >thier eye at seeing him in a happy/healthy family? Maybe I'm just > >emotional since this is the season finale and we'll be losing Buffy > >this year... > >*sniffle* > > The only tears in my eyes were tears of joy that Connor, that odious > little cretin, was apparently being written out of the show. It was > happening much too late (the same ep in which he appeared would have > been far too late), and I'd much rather have seen him die a horrible, > lingering death alone and unloved...but at least he's gone. Is he? Seems to me they left him alive just so the writers if need be can find a way to return him if a really great story idea comes up. -- Best regards Linda Mmmmmm. Angel

2003-05-09 03:04:43+00:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (Linda <lindaDELETESPAM@susieword.com>)

"AE Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message news:b9chdq$iaj3j$1@ID-137314.news.dfncis.de... > Veracosa <ravensect@yahoo.com> wrote: > > I know that for almost every Wednesday night since this past fall, I > > have shouted "just kill him!" at Connor on Angel. I hated his > > character, the haphazard directions it went, and how he always seemed > > like a whiny little bastard for a kid that grew up in a > > rough-and-tumble hell dimension. > > > > Spoiler Space: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [snipped] > > > > Did anyone else who previously hated Connor find a little tear in > > thier eye at seeing him in a happy/healthy family? Maybe I'm just > > emotional since this is the season finale and we'll be losing Buffy > > this year... > > *sniffle* > > Yes, I felt the same way. I disliked Connor for most of his existence, > I wished for his untimely demise, I hated the writing for him, and then > they go and give him some gravitas last week, and on top of it make me > actually miss his character now. Sheesh. That's just not playing > fair. > > What a great episode. I have been waiting since S2 for this. As much > as I have disliked the last two seasons, this episode made me all of > a sudden long for a Season Five. Funny isn't it? I've been waiting for 4 seasons for Buffy to improve - it never did and now I'm glad it's over. But I can't say the same for Angel. It's just now hitting it's stride. There are many, many more stories to be told and I'm really hoping that there will be a fifth season as this finale has just excited me so much. Plus if it's not renewed, I won't have anything but SG1 to watch on TV. -- Best regards Linda Mmmmmm. Angel

2003-05-09 09:42:13-07:00 - Re: Did we get what we wanted re Connor? Spoilers for Home Season Finale - (msrobin_2001@yahoo.com)

"Linda" <lindaDELETESPAM@susieword.com> wrote in message news:<MUEua.3384$VV1.37287@news.easynews.com>... > "Mark Jones" <sinanju@pacifier.com> wrote in message > news:a1ujbv4dk64njk8jj6kbmm4birno3f67rs@4ax.com... > > ravensect@yahoo.com (Veracosa), on or about 7 May 2003 19:25:14 -0700, > > did you or did you not state: > > > > >I know that for almost every Wednesday night since this past fall, I > > >have shouted "just kill him!" at Connor on Angel. I hated his > > >character, the haphazard directions it went, and how he always seemed > > >like a whiny little bastard for a kid that grew up in a > > >rough-and-tumble hell dimension. > > > > > >Spoiler Space: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Did anyone else who previously hated Connor find a little tear in > > >thier eye at seeing him in a happy/healthy family? Maybe I'm just > > >emotional since this is the season finale and we'll be losing Buffy > > >this year... > > >*sniffle* > > > > The only tears in my eyes were tears of joy that Connor, that odious > > little cretin, was apparently being written out of the show. It was > > happening much too late (the same ep in which he appeared would have > > been far too late), and I'd much rather have seen him die a horrible, > > lingering death alone and unloved...but at least he's gone. > > > Is he? Seems to me they left him alive just so the writers if need be can > find a way to return him if a really great story idea comes up. But what could they do with him at this point? None of the Fang Gang remembers him. What's more, I suspect that he's been stripped of his supernatural abilities, the better for him to assume a relatively normal, demon-and-vampire-free life. That being the case, I don't see how he could be re-integrated into the storyline. He wouldn't be much of an asset to Team Angel OR much of a villain. Perhaps this is just wish fulfillment on my part. The most humane way to handle this character would be for him to live happily ever after.