FLM films - My Webpage

2004-03-12 15:35:55-08:00 - Episode 5.20 title & speculation - (reldevik@usa.net)

S P A C E The title is now known to be "The Girl in Question." I can't exactly explain why, but as I think about it there's something about this title that makes me feel more and more convinced all we'll ever see of Buffy is a swirl of blonde hair in the distance. This is just my guess, but I don't think she'll ever come to face with Spike and Angel this year, or at any rate not in episode 5.20. I think either the Immortal's girlfriend will turn out to be some other blonde altogether, or else Spike and Angel will find out The Immortal is actually a good guy and there's nothing wrong with Buffy dating him (remember when the two guys clashed with him in the past they were *evil* vampires), in which case they'll go slinking off with their tails between their legs after getting a long-distance glimpse of Buffy all lovey-dovey with The Immortal. I think the real theme of the episode will be Spike-Angel buddy bonding, and I think it'll be very much a Hope-Crosby "Road" picture. Not that I have any inside knowledge beyond the sides I've reported on; this is just my opinion. Clairel

2004-03-12 23:37:41-06:00 - Re: Episode 5.20 title & speculation - (Thirsty Viking <john_doerter@hotmail.com>)

"Alane Sue" <alanesue@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040313002617.10267.00001327@mb-m03.aol.com... > >Subject: Re: Episode 5.20 title & speculation > >From: jvbguy@aol.comnomail (JVBGUY) > > >>S > >> > >> > >>P > >> > >> > >>A > >> > >> > >>C > >> > >> > >>E > >> > >> > >>The title is now known to be "The Girl in Question." > >> > > > >So you think there'll be talking camels? Cool! > > LOL! > > > >Actually, if this is all true, the idea of doing a "Buffy" episode without > >SMG > >seems a bit silly. > > What seems peculiar to me is if this is Buffy (as > opposed to mistaken identity), and SMG doesn't appear > in the last episodes, this will most likely be our > last onscreen "image" of Buffy. > > I'm one of those people who would prefer the > character to not be there at the end. But this would > be an odd way to cap eight years for Buffy. > But perhaps a good way for the two of them to "Burry the hatchet" in reguards to being rivals for her. Can't wait to see how they handle it.

2004-03-13 00:07:45-05:00 - Re: Episode 5.20 title & speculation - (Mike Sinclair <tubby@access995.com>)

Is there anything in the sides to offer definitively that it IS Buffy? Or is it all just vagueness and near-misses? I've a feeling it's a big red herring. I HOPE it's some type of deflection. *sigh* God, let it's just a misdirection. "Clairel" <reldevik@usa.net> wrote in message news:1faed770.0403121535.7050ca7c@posting.google.com... > S > > > P > > > A > > > C > > > E > > > The title is now known to be "The Girl in Question." > > I can't exactly explain why, but as I think about it there's something > about this title that makes me feel more and more convinced all we'll > ever see of Buffy is a swirl of blonde hair in the distance. This is > just my guess, but I don't think she'll ever come to face with Spike > and Angel this year, or at any rate not in episode 5.20. I think > either the Immortal's girlfriend will turn out to be some other blonde > altogether, or else Spike and Angel will find out The Immortal is > actually a good guy and there's nothing wrong with Buffy dating him > (remember when the two guys clashed with him in the past they were > *evil* vampires), in which case they'll go slinking off with their > tails between their legs after getting a long-distance glimpse of > Buffy all lovey-dovey with The Immortal. > > I think the real theme of the episode will be Spike-Angel buddy > bonding, and I think it'll be very much a Hope-Crosby "Road" picture. > Not that I have any inside knowledge beyond the sides I've reported > on; this is just my opinion. > > Clairel

2004-03-13 05:13:33+00:00 - Re: Episode 5.20 title & speculation - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

Clairel wrote: >S > > >P > > >A > > >C > > >E > > >The title is now known to be "The Girl in Question." > >I can't exactly explain why, but as I think about it there's something >about this title that makes me feel more and more convinced all we'll >ever see of Buffy is a swirl of blonde hair in the distance. This is >just my guess, but I don't think she'll ever come to face with Spike >and Angel this year, or at any rate not in episode 5.20. I think >either the Immortal's girlfriend will turn out to be some other blonde >altogether, or else Spike and Angel will find out The Immortal is >actually a good guy and there's nothing wrong with Buffy dating him >(remember when the two guys clashed with him in the past they were >*evil* vampires), in which case they'll go slinking off with their >tails between their legs after getting a long-distance glimpse of >Buffy all lovey-dovey with The Immortal. > >I think the real theme of the episode will be Spike-Angel buddy >bonding, and I think it'll be very much a Hope-Crosby "Road" picture. >Not that I have any inside knowledge beyond the sides I've reported >on; this is just my opinion. > So you think there'll be talking camels? Cool! Actually, if this is all true, the idea of doing a "Buffy" episode without SMG seems a bit silly. And I would much rather see Dawn than Andrew. Dawn is at least one step closer to the Fab Four of B, W, X and G. Plus she's cuter than Andrew. However, as usual, I will not form a true opinion until seeing the episode. John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-03-13 05:26:17+00:00 - Re: Episode 5.20 title & speculation - (alanesue@aol.com)

2004-03-13 18:20:09+00:00 - Re: Episode 5.20 title & speculation - (Sandra S <sandora@verizon.net>)

On 12 Mar 2004 15:35:55 -0800, Clairel <reldevik@usa.net> wrote: > S > > > P > > > A > > > C > > > E > > > > I think the real theme of the episode will be Spike-Angel buddy > bonding, and I think it'll be very much a Hope-Crosby "Road" picture. > Not that I have any inside knowledge beyond the sides I've reported > on; this is just my opinion. > > Clairel > I think that's a reasonable conclusion, especially if SMG doesn't make an appearance. (If she were going to, I think we would know it by now). Sandra

2004-03-13 18:55:03+00:00 - Re: Episode 5.20 title & speculation - (Aaron Pynn <acpynn@nf.sympatico.ca>)

> > S > > > > > > P > > > > > > A > > > > > > C > > > > > > E > > > > > > > > I feel this is a way to end the whole Buffy-Angel-Spike thing. She has someone new and they are forced to face that and just go on with there own lives. It'll make them face up to each other and maybe stop the rivalry but not the bickering..I love the bickering...

2004-03-13 22:34:01+00:00 - Re: Episode 5.20 title & speculation - (ren <replytogroup@nospam.com>)

The entire "SMG refuses" thing could be smoke. The Scoobs could show up to take out w&h, they dust angel and spike and have to kill wes because he's protecting illyria. Yes, that glass is half empty.

2004-03-14 12:06:09-08:00 - Re: Episode 5.20 title & speculation - (reldevik@usa.net)

"Thirsty Viking" <john_doerter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<W7mdnUNMX4GSA8_dRVn-gQ@comcast.com>... > "Alane Sue" <alanesue@aol.com> wrote in message > news:20040313002617.10267.00001327@mb-m03.aol.com... > > >Subject: Re: Episode 5.20 title & speculation > > >From: jvbguy@aol.comnomail (JVBGUY) > > > >>S > > >> > > >> > > >>P > > >> > > >> > > >>A > > >> > > >> > > >>C > > >> > > >> > > >>E > > >> > > >> > > >>The title is now known to be "The Girl in Question." > > >> > > > > > >So you think there'll be talking camels? Cool! > > > > LOL! > > > > > >Actually, if this is all true, the idea of doing a "Buffy" episode > without > > >SMG > > >seems a bit silly. > > > > What seems peculiar to me is if this is Buffy (as > > opposed to mistaken identity), and SMG doesn't appear > > in the last episodes, this will most likely be our > > last onscreen "image" of Buffy. > > > > I'm one of those people who would prefer the > > character to not be there at the end. But this would > > be an odd way to cap eight years for Buffy. > > > But perhaps a good way for the two of them to "Bury > the hatchet" in reguards to being rivals for her. > > Can't wait to see how they handle it. --That's exactly the way I feel about it too. And I think that's what makes the episode worth doing, and not just pointless. The two guys have to deal with their feelings for Buffy and how that affects their feelings about each other. Them finding out that she has a new boyfriend who isn't someone they can attack as a villain--them facing up to the fact that they just have to let Buffy live her own separate life and date other guys, yet they (Angel and Spike) still have each other to lean on--is important. Let's not forget, Fury said the real love story of the season (brotherly love) is Angel and Spike. Clairel

2004-03-19 11:12:05-08:00 - Re: Episode 5.20 title & speculation - (nospam@nospam.com)

In article <1faed770.0403121535.7050ca7c@posting.google.com>, Clairel <reldevik@usa.net> wrote: > S > > > P > > > A > > > C > > > E > > > The title is now known to be "The Girl in Question." > > I can't exactly explain why, but as I think about it there's something > about this title that makes me feel more and more convinced all we'll > ever see of Buffy is a swirl of blonde hair in the distance. like the fact that Sarah has been in another country working wasn't enough. or that she said that they haven't called her yet to ask her. and that she wasn't sure she'd be done with her film in time anyway.

2004-03-19 11:12:06-08:00 - Re: Episode 5.20 title & speculation - (nospam@nospam.com)

In article <1faed770.0403141206.1265d210@posting.google.com>, Clairel <reldevik@usa.net> wrote: > "Thirsty Viking" <john_doerter@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:<W7mdnUNMX4GSA8_dRVn-gQ@comcast.com>... > > "Alane Sue" <alanesue@aol.com> wrote in message > > news:20040313002617.10267.00001327@mb-m03.aol.com... > > > >Subject: Re: Episode 5.20 title & speculation > > > >From: jvbguy@aol.comnomail (JVBGUY) > > > > > >>S > > > >> > > > >> > > > >>P > > > >> > > > >> > > > >>A > > > >> > > > >> > > > >>C > > > >> > > > >> > > > >>E > > > >> > > > >> > > > >>The title is now known to be "The Girl in Question." > > > >> > > > > > > > >So you think there'll be talking camels? Cool! > > > > > > LOL! > > > > > > > >Actually, if this is all true, the idea of doing a "Buffy" episode > > without > > > >SMG > > > >seems a bit silly. > > > > > > What seems peculiar to me is if this is Buffy (as > > > opposed to mistaken identity), and SMG doesn't appear > > > in the last episodes, this will most likely be our > > > last onscreen "image" of Buffy. > > > > > > I'm one of those people who would prefer the > > > character to not be there at the end. But this would > > > be an odd way to cap eight years for Buffy. > > > > > But perhaps a good way for the two of them to "Bury > > the hatchet" in reguards to being rivals for her. > > > > Can't wait to see how they handle it. > > --That's exactly the way I feel about it too. > > And I think that's what makes the episode worth doing, and not just > pointless. > > The two guys have to deal with their feelings for Buffy and how that > affects their feelings about each other. no they don't. they can go on for the rest of their long lives without ever dealing with their feelings for Buffy.