FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-11 10:53:16-08:00 - OT: Miracles - (kenm47@ix.netcom.com)

Anyone else watch the ep last night, 2/11/03? If you did, did you get the feel it was like a Season 2 Angel and rewritten for Miracles, a David Greenwalt Production? And tho' I saw it coming (no spoilers), still gave me a catch in the throat like the good old Buffy days. BTW, so far so good on Miracles. Can they keep it going? I don't know, but hoping they can. I've given up on Veritas. Ken

2003-02-11 14:01:42-05:00 - Re: OT: Miracles - ("C.L. Lassiter" <seaelle@unc.edu>)

In alt.tv.angel kenm47 <kenm47@ix.netcom.com> wrote: > Anyone else watch the ep last night, 2/11/03? If you did, did you get > the feel it was like a Season 2 Angel and rewritten for Miracles, a > David Greenwalt Production? And tho' I saw it coming (no spoilers), > still gave me a catch in the throat like the good old Buffy days. > BTW, so far so good on Miracles. Can they keep it going? I don't know, > but hoping they can. I've given up on Veritas. > Ken Didn't get to watch it last night. The drugs for my ruptured disk knocked me out. I woke up 6 minutes in and set the vcr to run. I hope I didn't miss too much. I agree, it's quite intriguing. I really loved last week's ep (except for the hokie plane disappearance--can't they do better special effects than that?), and you're right. It's a lot better than Veritas. And I really like Skeet Ulrich. And, getting slightly back on topic for anyone who thinks that Dawn is too whiney, she's a poised, mature, thoughtful woman compared to the kid who plays the son on V:TQ. I want to strangle him just to keep him quiet. BTW, in the first week of ratings, V:TQ had a slightly higher rating than M. 51 and 6.3 vs 61 and 5.8. cl

2003-02-11 18:14:06-07:00 - Re: OT: Miracles - (Frank Swarbrick <infocat@sprynet.com>)

kenm47 wrote: > > Anyone else watch the ep last night, 2/11/03? If you did, did you get > the feel it was like a Season 2 Angel and rewritten for Miracles, a > David Greenwalt Production? And tho' I saw it coming (no spoilers), > still gave me a catch in the throat like the good old Buffy days. I didn't see it coming until she was walking away from Paul in the hospital. Anyway, liked it, but probably the least of the three so far. I don't see that much similarity to Angel, however. > BTW, so far so good on Miracles. Can they keep it going? I don't know, > but hoping they can. I've given up on Veritas. I hope so. Maybe ABC isn't expecting too much, so whatever ratings they get are acceptable. Maybe. Hope for the best. Veritas, on the other hand, is a waste of film. Looks like a syndicated show that airs at 3:00am. -- Frank Swarbrick -- now powered by SuSE Linux 7.2 "I'm very seldom naughty" --Willow Rosenberg, 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'

2003-02-12 00:41:41+00:00 - Re: OT: Miracles - (pine106887@aol.comnospam)

<< In alt.tv.angel kenm47 <kenm47@ix.netcom.com> wrote: > Anyone else watch the ep last night, 2/11/03? If you did, did you get > the feel it was like a Season 2 Angel and rewritten for Miracles, a > David Greenwalt Production? And tho' I saw it coming (no spoilers), > still gave me a catch in the throat like the good old Buffy days. > BTW, so far so good on Miracles. Can they keep it going? I don't know, > but hoping they can. I've given up on Veritas. > Ken >> spoiler spaces for the episode just in case Here's a little snipping from an article (and the episode made me think of Buffy and the First, with the no touching stuff): Executive producers are Roger Birnbaum, Gary Barber and David Greenwalt ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Angel"); Richard Hatem ("The Mothman Prophecies" ) is co-creator, co-executive producer and writer; Stuart Birnbaum is co-executive producer.

2003-02-12 02:03:06+00:00 - Re: Miracles - (Ken <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"kenm47" <kenm47@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:4c527512.0302111053.4ea0b51b@posting.google.com... > Anyone else watch the ep last night, 2/11/03? If you did, did you get > the feel it was like a Season 2 Angel and rewritten for Miracles, a > David Greenwalt Production? And tho' I saw it coming (no spoilers), > still gave me a catch in the throat like the good old Buffy days. > > BTW, so far so good on Miracles. Can they keep it going? I don't know, > but hoping they can. I've given up on Veritas. > > Ken Yes, it's been very good, a few awkward moments, but very good, especially the surprise. I had to rewatch to see all the signs and that there were no cheats. -- Ken from Chicago

2003-02-12 02:09:41+00:00 - Re: OT: Miracles - (Ken <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"C.L. Lassiter" <seaelle@unc.edu> wrote in message news:3e494896@news.unc.edu... > In alt.tv.angel kenm47 <kenm47@ix.netcom.com> wrote: > > Anyone else watch the ep last night, 2/11/03? If you did, did you get > > the feel it was like a Season 2 Angel and rewritten for Miracles, a > > David Greenwalt Production? And tho' I saw it coming (no spoilers), > > still gave me a catch in the throat like the good old Buffy days. > > > BTW, so far so good on Miracles. Can they keep it going? I don't know, > > but hoping they can. I've given up on Veritas. > > > Ken > > Didn't get to watch it last night. The drugs for my ruptured disk > knocked me out. I woke up 6 minutes in and set the vcr to run. I hope I > didn't miss too much. > > I agree, it's quite intriguing. I really loved last week's ep > (except for the hokie plane disappearance--can't they do better special > effects than that?), and you're right. It's a lot better than Veritas. > And I really like Skeet Ulrich. > > And, getting slightly back on topic for anyone who thinks that > Dawn is too whiney, she's a poised, mature, thoughtful woman compared to > the kid who plays the son on V:TQ. I want to strangle him just to keep > him quiet. > > BTW, in the first week of ratings, V:TQ had a slightly higher > rating than M. 51 and 6.3 vs 61 and 5.8. > > cl Considering VERITAS: THE QUEST and THE PRACTICE precede it, it's surprising the show is doing as well as it does. -- Ken from Chicago

2003-02-20 12:39:15+01:00 - Re: OT: Miracles - (Ensign Burrows <me@privacy.net>)

In article <Kot2a.125$Ky.22509@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, Shaggyspike123@ns.sympatico.cam says... > umm what is this veritas? i tried googling, but couldnt find much... An archeologist and his son goes looking for all the cliches of the world.