FLM films - My Webpage

2004-02-16 20:25:35-05:00 - Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - (stephen voss <voss749@bellsouth.net>)

Didnt they negotatiate something like that when Buffy moved to UPN? Im sure Enterprise could use the help. Think about it... Wednesday nights 8pm Enterprise 9pm Angel Having two good shows of the fantasy/sci-fi genre would encourage more people to tune into both.

2004-02-17 02:16:48-05:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <lyiYb.26314$D_5.19029@edtnps84>, Steven Blue <steven_blue@yahoo.com> wrote: > If that were the case. It would be more logical to have Angel at 8PM since > it would help boost ratings. (Enterprise is in limbo right now) > Perhaps sign Angel for a 6th season and an optional 7th season. And a > gurantee for a new spinoff for the near future. UPN had agreed to pick up Angel three years ago *if* the WB cancelled it after they lost Buffy. But that agreement has long since expired. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2004-02-17 05:52:06+00:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - (Xanophile <xanophile@hotpop.com>)

just stopped in to see if the rumors were true......but then i got sidetracked by this. enterprise is still on the air? jeez.....i thought that bomb dropped long ago. i hope upn picks up angel, though. stephen voss wrote: > Didnt they negotatiate something like that > when Buffy moved to UPN? > > Im sure Enterprise could use the help. > > Think about it... > Wednesday nights > > 8pm Enterprise > 9pm Angel > > Having two good shows of the fantasy/sci-fi genre would > encourage more people to tune into both.

2004-02-17 06:30:41+00:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - (Steven Blue <steven_blue@yahoo.com>)

2004-02-17 11:45:09-06:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - (Avatar <avatar@donoteventhinkaboutit.com>)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:39:51 GMT, Pnoi <pnoi@kremlin.nyet.ru> wrote: >On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:07:31 +0000, I had to reply to what Scifispace.com >wrote: > >> "stephen voss" <voss749@bellsouth.net> wrote in message >> news:p2eYb.4511$c14.965@bignews6.bellsouth.net... >>> Didnt they negotatiate something like that >>> when Buffy moved to UPN? >>> >>> Im sure Enterprise could use the help. >>> >>> Think about it... >>> Wednesday nights >>> >>> 8pm Enterprise >>> 9pm Angel >>> >>> Having two good shows of the fantasy/sci-fi genre would >>> encourage more people to tune into both. >> >> Yes, they have the option. But UPN is also seriously thinking about >> cancelling Enterprise and has no other genre shows on their slate. Seems >> they are moving away from scifi - ironic since they were formed initially >> due to Voyager and the Star Trek franchise. I doubt they will pick it up. >> >> And by holding onto the idea of movies of the week, I think it keeps >> WB's option open so that ME can't shop it around. >> >> Lori > > >Isn't Smallville on UPN? Angel is a proven product and more than ample >replacement for Jake 2.0. Smallville followed by Angel on UPN a win >night for UPN. Smallville is the lead-in for Angel on The WB. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sooner or later, all of our names wind up on a Post-It. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004-02-17 12:00:59-06:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - ("Rev. Cyohtee - O'k�home Ehohatse" <cyohtee@barbarian.org>)

Out of the ether Pnoi <pnoi@kremlin.nyet.ru> rose up and issued forth: > >Isn't Smallville on UPN? Angel is a proven product and more than ample >replacement for Jake 2.0. Smallville followed by Angel on UPN a win >night for UPN. No, Smallville is on the WB, and currently on the WB Smallville is followed by Angel. -- Cyo (Remove '.invalid' to reply) cyohtee@ucan.foad.org http://www.barbarian.org/~cyohtee http://www.barbarian.org Abraham Lincoln: So, how 'bout those Yankees?

2004-02-17 12:26:02-05:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <4031e4d9@nexus.comcen.com.au>, Prodigy <Why11@aol.com> wrote: > > > > UPN had agreed to pick up Angel three years ago *if* the WB cancelled > > it after they lost Buffy. But that agreement has long since expired. > > How appropriate then for the WB to cancel it. I guess this was the last > 'fuck you' they had for Joss. Why would anyone at the WB want to say 'fuck you' to Joss. Joss's shows put them on the map, and he had nothing to do with them losing Buffy. The WB lost Buffy because Fox could get more money for it from UPN than they could from WB. And executives who make 20-30 million dollar decisions just to say 'fuck you' to someone will be unemployed sometime soon. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2004-02-17 12:54:38-05:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:39:51 GMT, Pnoi <pnoi@kremlin.nyet.ru> wrote: >Isn't Smallville on UPN? Angel is a proven product and more than ample >replacement for Jake 2.0. Smallville followed by Angel on UPN a win >night for UPN. Smallville is on The WB and is one of their highest rated programs. Angel already follows it and has been losing a share of the audience. Despite what Spike fans want to believe, I think any improved ratings for Angel this year have been a result of it's lead-in. Not the addition of Spike. Last year Angel was bounced all over the schedule. I'd bet the majority of Spike fans were already watching and it's not like the heavily Spike-centric seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on UPN improved Buffy's ratings. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2004-02-17 16:07:31+00:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - ("Scifispace.com" <info@scifispace.com.nospam>)

"stephen voss" <voss749@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:p2eYb.4511$c14.965@bignews6.bellsouth.net... > Didnt they negotatiate something like that > when Buffy moved to UPN? > > Im sure Enterprise could use the help. > > Think about it... > Wednesday nights > > 8pm Enterprise > 9pm Angel > > Having two good shows of the fantasy/sci-fi genre would > encourage more people to tune into both. Yes, they have the option. But UPN is also seriously thinking about cancelling Enterprise and has no other genre shows on their slate. Seems they are moving away from scifi - ironic since they were formed initially due to Voyager and the Star Trek franchise. I doubt they will pick it up. And by holding onto the idea of movies of the week, I think it keeps WB's option open so that ME can't shop it around. Lori -- Visit our Scifi Sites for fans by fans... www.Scifispace.com www.Scifigamers.com - www.Scifisource.com, www.Scificonventions.com And my store: www.SensualElegance.com & www.mysticconvergence.com

2004-02-17 17:39:51+00:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - (Pnoi <pnoi@kremlin.nyet.ru>)

2004-02-17 19:36:21-05:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - (nfway <nfw@yahoo.com>)

In article <p2eYb.4511$c14.965@bignews6.bellsouth.net>, voss749 @bellsouth.net says... > Didnt they negotatiate something like that > when Buffy moved to UPN? > > Im sure Enterprise could use the help. > > Think about it... > Wednesday nights > > 8pm Enterprise > 9pm Angel > > Having two good shows of the fantasy/sci-fi genre would > encourage more people to tune into both. > that's the combination I regularly watch, although the concept of UPN actually having two quality dramatic shows on the same night without some cheap half-hearted attempt to snag the wrestling or hip-hop viewers shoved in-between, is more a fantasy than the idea of a 247 year old vampire with a soul working with an ex-Dallas cheerleader et al., to fight evil and save the world while still remaining "good and pure" in L.A.

2004-02-17 19:39:22-05:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - (nfway <nfw@yahoo.com>)

In article <170220041226023823%dsample@synapse.net>, dsample@synapse.net says... > In article <4031e4d9@nexus.comcen.com.au>, Prodigy <Why11@aol.com> > wrote: > > > > > > > UPN had agreed to pick up Angel three years ago *if* the WB cancelled > > > it after they lost Buffy. But that agreement has long since expired. > > > > How appropriate then for the WB to cancel it. I guess this was the last > > 'fuck you' they had for Joss. > > Why would anyone at the WB want to say 'fuck you' to Joss. Joss's > shows put them on the map, and he had nothing to do with them losing > Buffy. The WB lost Buffy because Fox could get more money for it from > UPN than they could from WB. > > And executives who make 20-30 million dollar decisions just to say > 'fuck you' to someone will be unemployed sometime soon. > > while I doubt that was the intent of the WB, executives making 20-30 million dollar decisions, consider saying "fuck you" to the creative talent to be a perk of the job (executives making $150K/year also consider it a perk - they do it to us all the time.)

2004-02-17 20:27:21+11:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - (Prodigy <Why11@aol.com>)

2004-02-17 23:08:04-08:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - (nospam@nospam.com)

In article <170220041226023823%dsample@synapse.net>, Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: > Why would anyone at the WB want to say 'fuck you' to Joss. Joss's > shows put them on the map, and he had nothing to do with them losing > Buffy. The WB lost Buffy because Fox could get more money for it from > UPN than they could from WB. > > And executives who make 20-30 million dollar decisions just to say > 'fuck you' to someone will be unemployed sometime soon. thank you. its so nice to see someone that actually pays attention and understands how things work. Someone that thinks before answering and does so with logic instead of thinking that every decision in the industry has to be a personal attack on the fans, the cast, the producers whatever.

2004-02-19 00:10:02-05:00 - Re: Doesnt UPN have an option to pick up Angel? - (Sam James <samjames1NOSPAM@yahoo.com>)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:07:31 GMT, "Scifispace.com" <info@scifispace.com.nospam> wrote: >> Think about it... >> Wednesday nights >> >> 8pm Enterprise >> 9pm Angel >> >> Having two good shows of the fantasy/sci-fi genre would >> encourage more people to tune into both. Didn't work when it was Buffy followed by Roswell. Or for that matter Enterprise/Twilight Zone. >Yes, they have the option. No more than any other channel. There was a deal that UPN *would* pick it up if WB cancelled Angel because Buffy moved to UPN but that was a one shot deal that has long since died. >And by holding onto the idea of movies of the week, I think it keeps >WB's option open so that ME can't shop it around. No. WB cancelled Angel the Series. Angel the Movie would be a different contract. Fox now has every right to shop Angel the Series around. However, I doubt that any other channel would take it since a five year old show has reached the stage where it would be losing more old viewers than it would attract new ones, expecially with Angel's rather complex backstory.