FLM films - My Webpage

2003-09-03 16:31:37+00:00 - DVD Missing Scenes? - (vader47000@aol.com)

I compared my DVD to my old season 2 tapes and sure enough the DVD is missing a brief scene from the beginning of "Over the Rainbow." In the original airing, the recap shows Cordelia missing, which leads to new footage of Angel frantically searching the stage and curtains for her, saying "No, no, no, no." Wesley then tells him she's been sucked into the Host's dimension, and there is a snap cut to Cordy in a forest. The DVD begins with the snap cut to Cordy in the forest. There is no sign of the frantic searching, which is also mentioned in the episode recap in the Angel Case Files book. So did an overzealous editor chop the footage by mistake thinking it was a recap from the previous episode? Was it left out as unnecessary exposition? Was the transfer to widescreen unfeasible for this scene? Are there any more scenes missing from the DVDs? And does anyone at Fox know and plan on reissuing the disc with the scene included via a mail order recall, similar to what happened with the Back to the Future discs?

2003-09-03 18:26:33+00:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a reissue...

2003-09-03 20:12:23-04:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - ("Jason E. Vines" <jayvines@gwu.edu>)

"Vader47000" <vader47000@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030903123137.18214.00000295@mb-m25.aol.com... > I compared my DVD to my old season 2 tapes and sure enough the DVD is missing a > brief scene from the beginning of "Over the Rainbow." > > In the original airing, the recap shows Cordelia missing, which leads to new > footage of Angel frantically searching the stage and curtains for her, saying > "No, no, no, no." Wesley then tells him she's been sucked into the Host's > dimension, and there is a snap cut to Cordy in a forest. > > The DVD begins with the snap cut to Cordy in the forest. There is no sign of > the frantic searching, which is also mentioned in the episode recap in the > Angel Case Files book. > > So did an overzealous editor chop the footage by mistake thinking it was a > recap from the previous episode? Was it left out as unnecessary exposition? Was > the transfer to widescreen unfeasible for this scene? Are there any more scenes > missing from the DVDs? > > And does anyone at Fox know and plan on reissuing the disc with the scene > included via a mail order recall, similar to what happened with the Back to the > Future discs? The transfer to widescreen wasn't unfeasible, because R2 has the scene intact.

2003-09-04 16:02:19-07:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (silasl <silasl@u.washington.edu>)

What was the Back to the Future recall about? "Jason E. Vines" <jayvines@gwu.edu> wrote in message news:vld0rcpfjma7c2@corp.supernews.com... > > "Vader47000" <vader47000@aol.com> wrote in message > news:20030903123137.18214.00000295@mb-m25.aol.com... > > I compared my DVD to my old season 2 tapes and sure enough the DVD is > missing a > > brief scene from the beginning of "Over the Rainbow." > > > > In the original airing, the recap shows Cordelia missing, which leads to > new > > footage of Angel frantically searching the stage and curtains for her, > saying > > "No, no, no, no." Wesley then tells him she's been sucked into the Host's > > dimension, and there is a snap cut to Cordy in a forest. > > > > The DVD begins with the snap cut to Cordy in the forest. There is no sign > of > > the frantic searching, which is also mentioned in the episode recap in the > > Angel Case Files book. > > > > So did an overzealous editor chop the footage by mistake thinking it was a > > recap from the previous episode? Was it left out as unnecessary > exposition? Was > > the transfer to widescreen unfeasible for this scene? Are there any more > scenes > > missing from the DVDs? > > > > And does anyone at Fox know and plan on reissuing the disc with the scene > > included via a mail order recall, similar to what happened with the Back > to the > > Future discs? > > The transfer to widescreen wasn't unfeasible, because R2 has the scene > intact. > >

2003-09-04 23:27:28-07:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (awilliamsaus@netscape.net)

"Jason E. Vines" <jayvines@gwu.edu> wrote in message news:<vld0rcpfjma7c2@corp.supernews.com>... > "Vader47000" <vader47000@aol.com> wrote in message > news:20030903123137.18214.00000295@mb-m25.aol.com... > > I compared my DVD to my old season 2 tapes and sure enough the DVD is > missing a > > brief scene from the beginning of "Over the Rainbow." > > > > In the original airing, the recap shows Cordelia missing, which leads to > new > > footage of Angel frantically searching the stage and curtains for her, > saying > > "No, no, no, no." Wesley then tells him she's been sucked into the Host's > > dimension, and there is a snap cut to Cordy in a forest. > > > > The DVD begins with the snap cut to Cordy in the forest. There is no sign > of > > the frantic searching, which is also mentioned in the episode recap in the > > Angel Case Files book. > The transfer to widescreen wasn't unfeasible, because R2 has the scene > intact. Now I'm glad I have the R2. Although I supposed the R1 version will be slightly better since it's in its native NTSC format and doesn't have to suffer the NTSC to PAL conversion. anna

2003-09-05 02:00:38+00:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (Fenster <r84gt27q8@hotmail.com>)

On 04 Sep 2003, "silasl" <silasl@u.washington.edu> went to the cliffs of hope and faith and kicked the toll booth off: > What was the Back to the Future recall about? Parts II & II had some skewed letterboxing where the print was framed slightly higher (or lower?) than they were in the previous theatrical and WS LD releases.

2003-09-05 10:47:48-07:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (myngaddy@hotmail.com)

vader47000@aol.com (Vader47000) wrote in message news:<20030903123137.18214.00000295@mb-m25.aol.com>... > I compared my DVD to my old season 2 tapes and sure enough the DVD is missing a > brief scene from the beginning of "Over the Rainbow." WHAT?? Ugh, that's just great, FOX. Thanks a lot. :( > So did an overzealous editor chop the footage by mistake thinking it was a > recap from the previous episode? Geez, would it kilL FOX to keep the "previously" bits? If we lost the scene because of that.. Ugh! It's bad enough that we lose all the original incidental music from the "previously" bits, and now this. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't even get the neat-o "previously" on Buffy's 100th ep. :/

2003-09-05 17:02:49-07:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (reldevik@usa.net)

myngaddy@hotmail.com (Bob) wrote in message news:<cc816a34.0309050947.7048f879@posting.google.com>... > vader47000@aol.com (Vader47000) wrote in message news:<20030903123137.18214.00000295@mb-m25.aol.com>... > > I compared my DVD to my old season 2 tapes and sure enough the DVD is missing a > > brief scene from the beginning of "Over the Rainbow." > > WHAT?? Ugh, that's just great, FOX. Thanks a lot. :( > > > So did an overzealous editor chop the footage by mistake thinking it was a > > recap from the previous episode? > > Geez, would it kilL FOX to keep the "previously" bits? > If we lost the scene because of that.. Ugh! It's bad > enough that we lose all the original incidental music > from the "previously" bits, and now this. I wouldn't > be at all surprised if we don't even get the neat-o > "previously" on Buffy's 100th ep. :/ --Since the BtVS season 4 DVDs can already be purchased outside the United States, someone should be able to answer that question already. Clairel

2003-09-05 23:21:29-07:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (myngaddy@hotmail.com)

reldevik@usa.net (Clairel) wrote in message news:<1faed770.0309051602.60385d85@posting.google.com>... > myngaddy@hotmail.com (Bob) wrote in message news:<cc816a34.0309050947.7048f879@posting.google.com>... > > vader47000@aol.com (Vader47000) wrote in message news:<20030903123137.18214.00000295@mb-m25.aol.com>... > > > I compared my DVD to my old season 2 tapes and sure enough the DVD is missing a > > > brief scene from the beginning of "Over the Rainbow." > > > > WHAT?? Ugh, that's just great, FOX. Thanks a lot. :( > > > > > So did an overzealous editor chop the footage by mistake thinking it was a > > > recap from the previous episode? > > > > Geez, would it kilL FOX to keep the "previously" bits? > > If we lost the scene because of that.. Ugh! It's bad > > enough that we lose all the original incidental music > > from the "previously" bits, and now this. I wouldn't > > be at all surprised if we don't even get the neat-o > > "previously" on Buffy's 100th ep. :/ > > --Since the BtVS season 4 DVDs can already be purchased outside the > United States, someone should be able to answer that question already. This unfortunatley is not true. R2 releases of S3 and S4 have the "previously" bits. R1 releases don't. It's not consistent. :( The fact we lost an actual scene from an episode takes the cake, though. Eesh!

2003-09-05 23:22:24+00:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (vader47000@aol.com)

<<Geez, would it kilL FOX to keep the "previously" bits? If we lost the scene because of that.. Ugh! It's bad enough that we lose all the original incidental music from the "previously" bits, and now this. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't even get the neat-o "previously" on Buffy's 100th ep. :/>> Funny thing is Fox keeps them on the "24" DVDs. Also Paramount keeps them on the Trek DVDs (although Trek only uses them to recap the first part of two-part episodes). And the studios count them as part of the episode when it comes to show length to determine how many commercials they can cram in.

2003-09-10 00:23:04+00:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (Voltron <n@n.net>)

> I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a reissue... If enough people complain, it could happen. Let them know how you feel about the missing scene. Can't hurt.

2003-09-10 19:07:54+00:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (vader47000@aol.com)

<< If enough people complain, it could happen. Let them know how you feel about the missing scene. Can't hurt. >> I contacted a rep from Fox and she said the corporate boys are investigating the problem, so who knows?

2003-09-12 07:27:59-07:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (myngaddy@hotmail.com)

vader47000@aol.com (Vader47000) wrote in message news:<20030910150754.17796.00000698@mb-m01.aol.com>... > << If enough people complain, it could happen. Let them know how you feel > about the missing scene. Can't hurt. >> > > I contacted a rep from Fox and she said the corporate boys are investigating > the problem, so who knows? How did you contact the FOX rep? Maybe more of us can do the same to let them know that people notice these things.. And maybe to ask for the "previously" bits in the future. ;)

2003-09-12 11:17:41-07:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (Exp315@canada.com)

Bob wrote: > How did you contact the FOX rep? Maybe more of us > can do the same to let them know that people notice > these things.. And maybe to ask for the "previously" > bits in the future. ;) Seconded!

2003-09-12 18:09:45+00:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (Ninja <c5zw@yahoo.com>)

"Bob" <myngaddy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cc816a34.0309120627.d6140fb@posting.google.com... > vader47000@aol.com (Vader47000) wrote in message news:<20030910150754.17796.00000698@mb-m01.aol.com>... > > << If enough people complain, it could happen. Let them know how you feel > > about the missing scene. Can't hurt. >> > > > > I contacted a rep from Fox and she said the corporate boys are investigating > > the problem, so who knows? > > How did you contact the FOX rep? Maybe more of us > can do the same to let them know that people notice > these things.. And maybe to ask for the "previously" > bits in the future. ;) Agreed. I'd like to let them know too. I also sent an e-mail toone of the owners/operators/whatever of slayage.com explaining what happened. Haven't heard anything yet, so I'm not entirely sure what will happen.

2003-09-14 02:46:42+00:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (vader47000@aol.com)

<<> How did you contact the FOX rep? Maybe more of us > can do the same to let them know that people notice > these things.>> I just searched on the internet until I found the Fox DVD site, and there was a contact link. the email was foxdrop@4icc.com

2003-09-14 18:39:43+00:00 - Re: DVD Missing Scenes? - (Ninja <c5zw@yahoo.com>)

"Vader47000" <vader47000@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030913224642.19368.00000690@mb-m20.aol.com... > I just searched on the internet until I found the Fox DVD site, and there was a > contact link. > > the email was > > foxdrop@4icc.com Thanks, just sent them an e-mail.