FLM films - My Webpage

2004-02-13 20:44:25-08:00 - Angel: It's Over - (benvarkentine@earthlink.net)

Word has come from Zap2It, David Greenwalt and Ain't It Cool News that Angel will be saying farewell at the end of this fifth season. There is some talk of a movie (TV) or series of movies next year to give it a good finale. I think that might be for the best--give Whedon and all a chance to rest, and see what they can produce away from the treadmill of weekly television production. I especially hope SMG will reconsider her decision not to appear this season, under the circumstances, even more so since David Boreanaz did it for her show. An Angel series finale without Buffy--even the weakened Buffy I think we got in her final seasons--seems as wrong as the Buffy series finale would have without Angel. Whatever I may think of how either show ended up, I loved them both for a time and hope Angel gets the beautiful send-off it deserves. I'm not saying I think that *will* happen...just that I hope so. Anyway, here are the links: Zap2it: http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86346|1|,00.html Ain't It Cool News: http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17011

2004-02-14 16:19:31-08:00 - Re: Angel: It's Over - (eeeevol76vamp@yahoo.com)

benvarkentine@earthlink.net (Ben Varkentine) wrote in message news:<311695b7.0402132044.18e5eb93@posting.google.com>... > Word has come from Zap2It, David Greenwalt and Ain't It Cool News that > Angel will be saying farewell at the end of this fifth season. There > is some talk of a movie (TV) or series of movies next year to give it > a good finale. I think that might be for the best--give Whedon and > all a chance to rest, and see what they can produce away from the > treadmill of weekly television production. I especially hope SMG will > reconsider her decision not to appear this season, under the > circumstances, even more so since David Boreanaz did it for her show. > An Angel series finale without Buffy--even the weakened Buffy I think > we got in her final seasons--seems as wrong as the Buffy series finale > would have without Angel. > > Whatever I may think of how either show ended up, I loved them both > for a time and hope Angel gets the beautiful send-off it deserves. > I'm not saying I think that *will* happen...just that I hope so. > Anyway, here are the links: > I singled out your post because you are Kitten and anti-Me but at least you are dignified about the series' likely demise. Some others are not. They are basically dancing on other fans' graves. These folks lack total class and are shitheads but you are decent. Thank you. I am a Spike fan and I do not want SMG to come back. Let the show end on it's own feet.

2004-02-15 13:23:47-08:00 - Re: Angel: It's Over - (benvarkentine@earthlink.net)

eeeevol76vamp@yahoo.com (eeeevol76vamp) wrote in message news:<d856bcd3.0402141619.181b72f7@posting.google.com>... > benvarkentine@earthlink.net (Ben Varkentine) wrote in message news:<311695b7.0402132044.18e5eb93@posting.google.com>... I especially hope SMG will > > reconsider her decision not to appear this season, under the > > circumstances, even more so since David Boreanaz did it for her show. > > An Angel series finale without Buffy--even the weakened Buffy I think > > we got in her final seasons--seems as wrong as the Buffy series finale > > would have without Angel. > > > > Whatever I may think of how either show ended up, I loved them both > > for a time and hope Angel gets the beautiful send-off it deserves. > > I'm not saying I think that *will* happen...just that I hope so. > > Anyway, here are the links: > > > > I singled out your post because you are Kitten and anti-Me but at > least you are dignified about the series' likely demise. Some others > are not. They are basically dancing on other fans' graves. These folks > lack total class and are shitheads but you are decent. Thank you. Thank *you* for the kind words. As for any other folks, well, sometimes it's hard for people to forget that when their favorite character/relationship met its demise, they weren't always treated with great sensitivity or respect themselves. It ain't nice, but when you feel abused, you tend to abuse back when you get the chance. It's just a fact of human nature well beyond Kitten or not or anti-ME or not. And for the record, I'm only anti some (okay, most) of the decisions ME made these last few years. I may not always have made it apparent, but I have nothing but respect for ME's accomplishment...taken as a whole. > I am a Spike fan and I do not want SMG to come back. Let the show end > on it's own feet. You definitely won't want to hear the way I've long wanted Spike's story to come to its end, then... :) Thanks again-- Ben