FLM films - My Webpage

2003-11-20 07:23:27-08:00 - Re: The thing is... - (himiko@animail.net)

"C D" <newfiesrule69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<R3%ub.64892$1K.20296@edtnps84>... > When Gunn was 'going crazy', he confronted Eve. At the time it just seemed > like he was under some weird influence, yet turns out he was right all > along.... > > Seems like that was the whole thing that was happening, people wanting to > say/do/express things that they wouldn't normally do. ie - the guy with the > toner, the guy that was apparently marching towards Gunn/Eve with the axe > til he got tackled (laughed my ass off at that btw). > > Yet Gunn tries to apoligize for what he did, and Eve says he has more > important things to worry about. > > But once the episode was over, you knew that Gunn was right all along. > > C D The person who should have been apologizing (to the audience) was Fred for stopping him. himiko

2003-11-20 08:38:09+00:00 - The thing is... - (C D <newfiesrule69@hotmail.com>)

When Gunn was 'going crazy', he confronted Eve. At the time it just seemed like he was under some weird influence, yet turns out he was right all along.... Seems like that was the whole thing that was happening, people wanting to say/do/express things that they wouldn't normally do. ie - the guy with the toner, the guy that was apparently marching towards Gunn/Eve with the axe til he got tackled (laughed my ass off at that btw). Yet Gunn tries to apoligize for what he did, and Eve says he has more important things to worry about. But once the episode was over, you knew that Gunn was right all along. C D

2003-11-20 08:43:35+00:00 - Re: The thing is... - (aej17DELETEME@comcast.net)

C D <newfiesrule69@hotmail.com> wrote: > When Gunn was 'going crazy', he confronted Eve. At the time it just seemed > like he was under some weird influence, yet turns out he was right all > along.... > > Seems like that was the whole thing that was happening, people wanting to > say/do/express things that they wouldn't normally do. ie - the guy with the > toner, the guy that was apparently marching towards Gunn/Eve with the axe > til he got tackled (laughed my ass off at that btw). > > Yet Gunn tries to apoligize for what he did, and Eve says he has more > important things to worry about. > > But once the episode was over, you knew that Gunn was right all along. > > C D I don't know what was funny about the guy with axe, but apparently I have been missing the humor for a while. Anyways, Gunn-brain was sorry that he attacked and almost strangled a cute, tiny girl like Eve. Regardless of how he feels about her, and her motives, Gunn-brain doesn't want to go around strangling little girls. The fact that Gunn-brain was right is just another convenience. I mean, we all knew that Eve was up to SOME- THING. The question was what. I mean, sheesh, look at her dialogue. Poor Gunn-brain. -- AE Jabbour "I mean, I may have ripped off Vertigo, The Shining, James Ellroy, James M. Cain, Barton Fink, Rebel Without a Cause, Vertigo, Psycho, Kiss Me Deadly, Double Indemnity and The Hudsucker Proxy - but I'm certainly no plagiarist!" Tim Minear, alt.tv.angel, 10.05.2000

2003-11-20 09:12:59+00:00 - Re: The thing is... - (C D <newfiesrule69@hotmail.com>)

Well, to me, the guy with the axe was funny because.... you see him in the back ground, almost stalking his way, or marching towards Gunn and Eve, he gets closer and closer. I was just expecting him to smash his way into the office, and have a bit of a fight scene before Gunn knocked him on his ass. Then OOF, the guy get tackled by security. : ) I liked that hehe C D Yeah, I know Gunn would never do something like that. Unless of course he really felt threatened I think. He was sure something was going on. And for all he knew, Eve could be a demon, or something else. Never know in the Angel/Buffy-verse. "A.E. Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message news:bphurn$1ovfra$9@ID-137314.news.uni-berlin.de... > C D <newfiesrule69@hotmail.com> wrote: > > When Gunn was 'going crazy', he confronted Eve. At the time it just seemed > > like he was under some weird influence, yet turns out he was right all > > along.... > > > > Seems like that was the whole thing that was happening, people wanting to > > say/do/express things that they wouldn't normally do. ie - the guy with the > > toner, the guy that was apparently marching towards Gunn/Eve with the axe > > til he got tackled (laughed my ass off at that btw). > > > > Yet Gunn tries to apoligize for what he did, and Eve says he has more > > important things to worry about. > > > > But once the episode was over, you knew that Gunn was right all along. > > > > C D > > I don't know what was funny about the guy with axe, but apparently > I have been missing the humor for a while. > > Anyways, Gunn-brain was sorry that he attacked and almost > strangled a cute, tiny girl like Eve. Regardless of how he > feels about her, and her motives, Gunn-brain doesn't want to > go around strangling little girls. > > The fact that Gunn-brain was right is just another > convenience. I mean, we all knew that Eve was up to SOME- > THING. The question was what. I mean, sheesh, look at her > dialogue. > > Poor Gunn-brain. > > -- > AE Jabbour > > "I mean, I may have ripped off Vertigo, The Shining, James Ellroy, > James M. Cain, Barton Fink, Rebel Without a Cause, Vertigo, > Psycho, Kiss Me Deadly, Double Indemnity and The Hudsucker Proxy > - but I'm certainly no plagiarist!" > > Tim Minear, alt.tv.angel, 10.05.2000

2003-11-20 09:33:02-08:00 - Re: The thing is... - (gauriemma@juno.com)

"C D" <newfiesrule69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<vA%ub.101903$jy.17158@clgrps13>... > Well, to me, the guy with the axe was funny because.... > > you see him in the back ground, almost stalking his way, or marching towards > Gunn and Eve, he gets closer and closer. I was just expecting him to smash > his way into the office, and have a bit of a fight scene before Gunn knocked > him on his ass. Then OOF, the guy get tackled by security. : ) > I liked that > hehe It was funny, but it essentially a rip off of a much funnier scene in the S7 'Buffy' episode "Him," where Spike tackles a bazooka-toting Buffy in the background outside Principal Wood's office. Garett

2003-11-20 10:34:21+00:00 - Re: The thing is... - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"A.E. Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message news:bphurn$1ovfra$9@ID-137314.news.uni-berlin.de... > C D <newfiesrule69@hotmail.com> wrote: > > When Gunn was 'going crazy', he confronted Eve. At the time it just seemed > > like he was under some weird influence, yet turns out he was right all > > along.... > > > > Seems like that was the whole thing that was happening, people wanting to > > say/do/express things that they wouldn't normally do. ie - the guy with the > > toner, the guy that was apparently marching towards Gunn/Eve with the axe > > til he got tackled (laughed my ass off at that btw). > > > > Yet Gunn tries to apoligize for what he did, and Eve says he has more > > important things to worry about. > > > > But once the episode was over, you knew that Gunn was right all along. > > > > C D > > I don't know what was funny about the guy with axe, but apparently > I have been missing the humor for a while. > > Anyways, Gunn-brain was sorry that he attacked and almost > strangled a cute, tiny girl like Eve. Regardless of how he > feels about her, and her motives, Gunn-brain doesn't want to > go around strangling little girls. No, I think he'd have no problems with it, especially since he staked vampsis. I imagine he'd be like Will Smith in MIB, shooting the little girl who happens to be out late at night in a dangerous neighborhood surrounded by monsters, because OBVIOUSLY she was up to no good. Gunn felt bad because he didn't have PROOF Eve was to blame. > The fact that Gunn-brain was right is just another > convenience. I mean, we all knew that Eve was up to SOME- > THING. The question was what. I mean, sheesh, look at her > dialogue. > > Poor Gunn-brain. > > -- > AE Jabbour > > "I mean, I may have ripped off Vertigo, The Shining, James Ellroy, > James M. Cain, Barton Fink, Rebel Without a Cause, Vertigo, > Psycho, Kiss Me Deadly, Double Indemnity and The Hudsucker Proxy > - but I'm certainly no plagiarist!" > > Tim Minear, alt.tv.angel, 10.05.2000 -- Ken from Chicago

2003-11-20 12:03:18+00:00 - Re: The thing is...Lindsay - (cecerider <cecerider@ameritech.net>)

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:NM0vb.1897$aw2.744329@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com... "A.E. Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message news:bphurn$1ovfra$9@ID-137314.news.uni-berlin.de... > C D <newfiesrule69@hotmail.com> wrote: > > When Gunn was 'going crazy', he confronted Eve. At the time it just seemed > > like he was under some weird influence, yet turns out he was right all > > along.... > > > > Seems like that was the whole thing that was happening, people wanting to > > say/do/express things that they wouldn't normally do. i.e. - the guy with the > > toner, the guy that was apparently marching towards Gunn/Eve with the axe > > til he got tackled (laughed my ass off at that btw). > > > > Yet Gunn tries to apologize for what he did, and Eve says he has more > > important things to worry about. > > > > But once the episode was over, you knew that Gunn was right all along. > > > > C D > > I don't know what was funny about the guy with axe, but apparently > I have been missing the humor for a while. > > Anyways, Gunn-brain was sorry that he attacked and almost > strangled a cute, tiny girl like Eve. Regardless of how he > feels about her, and her motives, Gunn-brain doesn't want to > go around strangling little girls. No, I think he'd have no problems with it, especially since he staked vampires. I imagine he'd be like Will Smith in MIB, shooting the little girl who happens to be out late at night in a dangerous neighborhood surrounded by monsters, because OBVIOUSLY she was up to no good. Gunn felt bad because he didn't have PROOF Eve was to blame. > The fact that Gunn-brain was right is just another > convenience. I mean, we all knew that Eve was up to SOME- > THING. The question was what. I mean, sheesh, look at her > dialogue. > > Poor Gunn-brain. > > -- > AE Jabbour > > "I mean, I may have ripped off Vertigo, The Shining, James Ellroy, > James M. Cain, Barton Fink, Rebel Without a Cause, Vertigo, > Psycho, Kiss Me Deadly, Double Indemnity and The Hudsucker Proxy > - but I'm certainly no plagiarist!" > > Tim Minear, alt.tv.angel, 10.05.2000 -- Ken from Chicago I agree it so good to see Lindsay but, did anyone but me noticed that his hand is no longer a prosthesis. I rewound the tape and played and paused that scene several times to be sure.

2003-11-20 12:12:16-08:00 - Re: The thing is... - (ranakermit@boxfrog.com)

s p o i l e r s p a c g o e s h e r e > > Lindsay and Angel seemingly left on civilized, if not friendly, terms. Time > to see what happened to Lindsay in the intervening time. > > Think this has anything to do with how Angel and Spike were both associated > with Lindsay's former love of Darla? > > Ard Rhi Personally, I think Lindsay's still pissed about the whole "COPS SUCK" thing. He's got some anger to work through. Very happy to see the return of the evil hand, Kermit

2003-11-20 12:20:27+00:00 - Re: The thing is... - (Eds <callmerazor@hotmael.com>)

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:NM0vb.1897$aw2.744329@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com... > > "A.E. Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:bphurn$1ovfra$9@ID-137314.news.uni-berlin.de... > > C D <newfiesrule69@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > When Gunn was 'going crazy', he confronted Eve. At the time it just > seemed > > > like he was under some weird influence, yet turns out he was right all > > > along.... > > > > > > Seems like that was the whole thing that was happening, people wanting > to > > > say/do/express things that they wouldn't normally do. ie - the guy with > the > > > toner, the guy that was apparently marching towards Gunn/Eve with the > axe > > > til he got tackled (laughed my ass off at that btw). > > > > > > Yet Gunn tries to apoligize for what he did, and Eve says he has more > > > important things to worry about. > > > > > > But once the episode was over, you knew that Gunn was right all along. > > > > > > C D > > > > I don't know what was funny about the guy with axe, but apparently > > I have been missing the humor for a while. > > > > Anyways, Gunn-brain was sorry that he attacked and almost > > strangled a cute, tiny girl like Eve. Regardless of how he > > feels about her, and her motives, Gunn-brain doesn't want to > > go around strangling little girls. > > No, I think he'd have no problems with it, especially since he staked > vampsis. I imagine he'd be like Will Smith in MIB, shooting the little girl > who happens to be out late at night in a dangerous neighborhood surrounded > by monsters, because OBVIOUSLY she was up to no good. > > Gunn felt bad because he didn't have PROOF Eve was to blame. > You might as well say that Angel would kill Eve. He had plenty of reason to kill Lilah or Lindsey, but he didn't because they have souls and are redeemable. Hell, I thought Lindsey *was* redeemed ... I'd say Gunn has more scruples in that regard than Angel (think of the W&H wetworks guy he killed in ep1) > > The fact that Gunn-brain was right is just another > > convenience. I mean, we all knew that Eve was up to SOME- > > THING. The question was what. I mean, sheesh, look at her > > dialogue. > > This is a standard ME ploy - the truth is told under a spell or whatever. Once More With Feeling, anyone? Eds

2003-11-20 12:47:20-06:00 - Re: The thing is... - (Reginald Bautista <rbautista@kc.rr.com>)

"Garett Auriemma" <gauriemma@juno.com> wrote in message news:bf688f51.0311200933.5bff48e7@posting.google.com... > "C D" <newfiesrule69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<vA%ub.101903$jy.17158@clgrps13>... > > Well, to me, the guy with the axe was funny because.... > > > > you see him in the back ground, almost stalking his way, or marching towards > > Gunn and Eve, he gets closer and closer. I was just expecting him to smash > > his way into the office, and have a bit of a fight scene before Gunn knocked > > him on his ass. Then OOF, the guy get tackled by security. : ) > > I liked that > > hehe > > It was funny, but it essentially a rip off of a much funnier scene in > the S7 'Buffy' episode "Him," where Spike tackles a bazooka-toting > Buffy in the background outside Principal Wood's office. > > Garett The thing with the guy with the axe looked to me like a direct homage (or rip-off, if you prefer) of a scene in the movie _In the Mouth of Madness,_ the last good movie John Carpenter made. It's early in the movie, and the hero is sitting in a cafe having a very normal conversation with someone while a madman with an axe approaches from across the street. That's also the scene that the "Spike tackles Bazooka Buffy" scene reminded me of. Reggie

2003-11-20 14:43:49+00:00 - Re: The thing is...Lindsay - (Ard Rhi <ardrhi>)

"cecerider" <cecerider@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:a42vb.1997$aw2.752410@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com... > > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message > news:NM0vb.1897$aw2.744329@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com... > > "A.E. Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:bphurn$1ovfra$9@ID-137314.news.uni-berlin.de... > > C D <newfiesrule69@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > When Gunn was 'going crazy', he confronted Eve. At the time it just > seemed > > > like he was under some weird influence, yet turns out he was right all > > > along.... > > > > > > Seems like that was the whole thing that was happening, people wanting > to > > > say/do/express things that they wouldn't normally do. i.e. - the guy > with > the > > > toner, the guy that was apparently marching towards Gunn/Eve with the > axe > > > til he got tackled (laughed my ass off at that btw). > > > > > > Yet Gunn tries to apologize for what he did, and Eve says he has more > > > important things to worry about. > > > > > > But once the episode was over, you knew that Gunn was right all along. > > > > > > C D > > > > I don't know what was funny about the guy with axe, but apparently > > I have been missing the humor for a while. > > > > Anyways, Gunn-brain was sorry that he attacked and almost > > strangled a cute, tiny girl like Eve. Regardless of how he > > feels about her, and her motives, Gunn-brain doesn't want to > > go around strangling little girls. > > No, I think he'd have no problems with it, especially since he staked > vampires. I imagine he'd be like Will Smith in MIB, shooting the little girl > who happens to be out late at night in a dangerous neighborhood surrounded > by monsters, because OBVIOUSLY she was up to no good. > > Gunn felt bad because he didn't have PROOF Eve was to blame. > > > The fact that Gunn-brain was right is just another > > convenience. I mean, we all knew that Eve was up to SOME- > > THING. The question was what. I mean, sheesh, look at her > > dialogue. > > > > Poor Gunn-brain. > > > > -- > > AE Jabbour > > > > "I mean, I may have ripped off Vertigo, The Shining, James Ellroy, > > James M. Cain, Barton Fink, Rebel Without a Cause, Vertigo, > > Psycho, Kiss Me Deadly, Double Indemnity and The Hudsucker Proxy > > - but I'm certainly no plagiarist!" > > > > Tim Minear, alt.tv.angel, 10.05.2000 > > -- Ken from Chicago > > I agree it so good to see Lindsay but, did anyone but me noticed that his > hand is no longer a prosthesis. I rewound the tape and played and paused > that scene several times to be sure. Lindsay's hand issue was resolved in season 2, I believe. Wolfram & Hart paid for him to have a surgery that mystically grafted a dead man's hand to his arm. Of course the hand turned out to be that of a murder and Lindsay was unable to completely control it or be aware of it. At the same time, Lindsay and some hot new exec by the name of Lilah were vying for the same position in the firm. Lilah was planning to ruin the company if she didn't get it and Lindsay left under the pretense that he couldn't control his hand. It was a rather neat way out and make sure W & H didn't stalk him. We've seen what became of Lilah... Lindsay and Angel seemingly left on civilized, if not friendly, terms. Time to see what happened to Lindsay in the intervening time. Think this has anything to do with how Angel and Spike were both associated with Lindsay's former love of Darla? Ard Rhi

2003-11-20 16:55:52+00:00 - Re: The thing is...Gunn already known - ("R. Watson" <shanovia@earthlink.net>)

about Eve, IMO. 1) In LoTP he was seemingly implying something about Eve(Angel was boinking her) before she stopped him. 2) Last night his conversation was more forthcoming(before the blood-rage, I might add) and they were stopped by the noise from the axe-wielding guy. 3) In his blood-rage at the lab he was saying a great deal of stuff(and trying to kill Eve) before Fred knocked him out. Gunn apologizing I think threw him off of Eve trail for awhile...but I'm sure his guilt will pass and he'll finally tell someone his suspicion. "Ard Rhi" <ardrhi[nospam]@earthlink.net(antispam)> wrote in message news:Fq4vb.11611$Wy4.11532@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > > "cecerider" <cecerider@ameritech.net> wrote in message > news:a42vb.1997$aw2.752410@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com... > > > > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in > message > > news:NM0vb.1897$aw2.744329@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com... > > > > "A.E. Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message > > news:bphurn$1ovfra$9@ID-137314.news.uni-berlin.de... > > > C D <newfiesrule69@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > > When Gunn was 'going crazy', he confronted Eve. At the time it just > > seemed > > > > like he was under some weird influence, yet turns out he was right all > > > > along.... > > > > > > > > Seems like that was the whole thing that was happening, people wanting > > to > > > > say/do/express things that they wouldn't normally do. i.e. - the guy > > with > > the > > > > toner, the guy that was apparently marching towards Gunn/Eve with the > > axe > > > > til he got tackled (laughed my ass off at that btw). > > > > > > > > Yet Gunn tries to apologize for what he did, and Eve says he has more > > > > important things to worry about. > > > > > > > > But once the episode was over, you knew that Gunn was right all along. > > > > > > > > C D > > > > > > I don't know what was funny about the guy with axe, but apparently > > > I have been missing the humor for a while. > > > > > > Anyways, Gunn-brain was sorry that he attacked and almost > > > strangled a cute, tiny girl like Eve. Regardless of how he > > > feels about her, and her motives, Gunn-brain doesn't want to > > > go around strangling little girls. > > > > No, I think he'd have no problems with it, especially since he staked > > vampires. I imagine he'd be like Will Smith in MIB, shooting the little > girl > > who happens to be out late at night in a dangerous neighborhood surrounded > > by monsters, because OBVIOUSLY she was up to no good. > > > > Gunn felt bad because he didn't have PROOF Eve was to blame. > > > > > The fact that Gunn-brain was right is just another > > > convenience. I mean, we all knew that Eve was up to SOME- > > > THING. The question was what. I mean, sheesh, look at her > > > dialogue. > > > > > > Poor Gunn-brain. > > > > > > -- > > > AE Jabbour > > > > > > "I mean, I may have ripped off Vertigo, The Shining, James Ellroy, > > > James M. Cain, Barton Fink, Rebel Without a Cause, Vertigo, > > > Psycho, Kiss Me Deadly, Double Indemnity and The Hudsucker Proxy > > > - but I'm certainly no plagiarist!" > > > > > > Tim Minear, alt.tv.angel, 10.05.2000 > > > > -- Ken from Chicago > > > > I agree it so good to see Lindsay but, did anyone but me noticed that his > > hand is no longer a prosthesis. I rewound the tape and played and paused > > that scene several times to be sure. > > Lindsay's hand issue was resolved in season 2, I believe. Wolfram & Hart > paid for him to have a surgery that mystically grafted a dead man's hand to > his arm. Of course the hand turned out to be that of a murder and Lindsay > was unable to completely control it or be aware of it. > > At the same time, Lindsay and some hot new exec by the name of Lilah > were vying for the same position in the firm. Lilah was planning to ruin the > company if she didn't get it and Lindsay left under the pretense that he > couldn't control his hand. It was a rather neat way out and make sure W & H > didn't stalk him. > > We've seen what became of Lilah... > > Lindsay and Angel seemingly left on civilized, if not friendly, terms. Time > to see what happened to Lindsay in the intervening time. > > Think this has anything to do with how Angel and Spike were both associated > with Lindsay's former love of Darla? > > Ard Rhi > >

2003-11-20 18:34:36+00:00 - Re: The thing is... - ("goodwin.ryan" <goodwin.ryan@att.net>)

"Eds" <callmerazor@hotmael.com> wrote in message news:bpibib$6gl$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > You might as well say that Angel would kill Eve. He had plenty of reason to > kill Lilah or Lindsey, but he didn't because they have souls and are > redeemable. Hell, I thought Lindsey *was* redeemed ... I'd say Gunn has more > scruples in that regard than Angel (think of the W&H wetworks guy he killed > in ep1) > This is a standard ME ploy - the truth is told under a spell or whatever. > Once More With Feeling, anyone? > > Eds Who said it was Lindsay at the end of the episode? It probably is, but might not be.

2003-11-20 18:51:04+00:00 - Re: The thing is... - (Eds <callmerazor@hotmael.com>)

"Garett Auriemma" <gauriemma@juno.com> wrote in message news:bf688f51.0311200933.5bff48e7@posting.google.com... > "C D" <newfiesrule69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<vA%ub.101903$jy.17158@clgrps13>... > > Well, to me, the guy with the axe was funny because.... > > > > you see him in the back ground, almost stalking his way, or marching towards > > Gunn and Eve, he gets closer and closer. I was just expecting him to smash > > his way into the office, and have a bit of a fight scene before Gunn knocked > > him on his ass. Then OOF, the guy get tackled by security. : ) > > I liked that > > hehe > > It was funny, but it essentially a rip off of a much funnier scene in > the S7 'Buffy' episode "Him," where Spike tackles a bazooka-toting > Buffy in the background outside Principal Wood's office. > > Garett Yeah, I noticed that. And you're right, the original was funnier, because Wood looks round just after they've all fallen out of sight.

2003-11-20 20:27:56+00:00 - Re: The thing is... - (angiedeiuvia@aol.computer)

It smacked of the Spike/Buffy fight behind Robin Wood in "Him" I was cracking up cause it was very much like that fight. << Well, to me, the guy with the axe was funny because.... you see him in the back ground, almost stalking his way, or marching towards Gunn and Eve, he gets closer and closer. I was just expecting him to smash his way into the office, and have a bit of a fight scene before Gunn knocked him on his ass. Then OOF, the guy get tackled by security. : ) I liked that hehe C D >><BR><BR> Mandi The fish Girl "I saw Fish" "Hey it's the Fish Girl!"