FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-12 13:30:32-04:00 - Re: Minear staying with "Angel?" - (Kyle <kgavin>)

"Unbound I" <unboundi@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030512113801.20632.00000167@mb-m20.aol.com... > >From: PJ Browning antarian@pacbell.net >> :) > In any event, I consider this to be very good news for "Angel." So what does > this mean for "Wonderfalls" which Tim said last week he's already started work > on? > > Unbound I > Check out my book about The X-Files at > http://www.trafford.com/robots/02-0625.html Maybe it didn't get picked up? We'll find out this week I guess.

2003-05-12 15:04:23+00:00 - Minear staying with "Angel?" - (unboundi@aol.com)

According to the Variety article, Minear and Jeffrey Bell will be exec producers and showrunners for "Angel" next season. I was under the impression Minear wouldn't be back. Or was I mistaken? Unbound I Check out my book about The X-Files at http://www.trafford.com/robots/02-0625.html

2003-05-12 15:21:21+00:00 - Re: Minear staying with "Angel?" - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <20030512110423.07824.00000138@mb-m19.aol.com>, Unbound I <unboundi@aol.com> wrote: > According to the Variety article, Minear and Jeffrey Bell will be exec > producers and showrunners for "Angel" next season. I was under the impression > Minear wouldn't be back. Or was I mistaken? prior to this announcement that seemed to be the case. but of course things could have changed over the weekend.

2003-05-12 15:38:01+00:00 - Re: Minear staying with "Angel?" - (unboundi@aol.com)

>From: PJ Browning antarian@pacbell.net > > >In article <20030512110423.07824.00000138@mb-m19.aol.com>, Unbound I ><unboundi@aol.com> wrote: > >> According to the Variety article, Minear and Jeffrey Bell will be exec >> producers and showrunners for "Angel" next season. I was under the >impression >> Minear wouldn't be back. Or was I mistaken? > >prior to this announcement that seemed to be the case. but of course >things could have changed over the weekend. > > > It looks like it. What's odd is last week, timminear.net reported that Minear would be staying on with "Angel" if it got renewed as a consulting producer. Minear then denied that in a post in this newsgroup. Now Variety reports that he, in fact, will be staying on with the show. Interesting stuff. :) In any event, I consider this to be very good news for "Angel." So what does this mean for "Wonderfalls" which Tim said last week he's already started work on? Unbound I Check out my book about The X-Files at http://www.trafford.com/robots/02-0625.html

2003-05-12 17:51:34+00:00 - Re: Minear staying with "Angel?" - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <20030512113801.20632.00000167@mb-m20.aol.com>, Unbound I <unboundi@aol.com> wrote: > >From: PJ Browning antarian@pacbell.net > > > > > >In article <20030512110423.07824.00000138@mb-m19.aol.com>, Unbound I > ><unboundi@aol.com> wrote: > > > >> According to the Variety article, Minear and Jeffrey Bell will be exec > >> producers and showrunners for "Angel" next season. I was under the > >impression > >> Minear wouldn't be back. Or was I mistaken? > > > >prior to this announcement that seemed to be the case. but of course > >things could have changed over the weekend. > > > > > > > It looks like it. What's odd is last week, timminear.net reported that > Minear would be staying on with "Angel" if it got renewed as a consulting > producer. Minear then denied that in a post in this newsgroup. Now Variety > reports that he, in fact, will be staying on with the show. there is another issue to consider. David's contract as one of the creators of the show has him always getting a CP credit even if he only does a miniscule amount of work on the show. Tim could be in the same, or a similar sitch. He doesn't actually have to do a ton of work and he gets a 'consulting' credit. my guess is that the showrunner responsibilities will be more an 80/20 split between Jeffrey and Tim.

2003-05-12 18:13:43+00:00 - Re: Minear staying with "Angel?" - (Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid>)

Previously on alt.tv.angel, unboundi@aol.com wrote in article <20030512113801.20632.00000167@mb-m20.aol.com>... > >From: PJ Browning antarian@pacbell.net > > > > > >In article <20030512110423.07824.00000138@mb-m19.aol.com>, Unbound I > ><unboundi@aol.com> wrote: > > > >> According to the Variety article, Minear and Jeffrey Bell will be exec > >> producers and showrunners for "Angel" next season. I was under the > >impression > >> Minear wouldn't be back. Or was I mistaken? > > > >prior to this announcement that seemed to be the case. but of course > >things could have changed over the weekend. > > > > > > > It looks like it. What's odd is last week, timminear.net reported that > Minear would be staying on with "Angel" if it got renewed as a consulting > producer. Minear then denied that in a post in this newsgroup. Now Variety > reports that he, in fact, will be staying on with the show. Interesting stuff. > :) > In any event, I consider this to be very good news for "Angel." So what does > this mean for "Wonderfalls" which Tim said last week he's already started work > on? > Was Wonderfalls picked up for the fall season? I think Fox does its upfront later this week, so maybe we will know for sure at that time. -- Be seeing you, Growltiger

2003-05-12 18:15:44+00:00 - Re: Minear staying with "Angel?" - (Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid>)

Previously on alt.tv.angel, antarian@pacbell.net wrote in article <120520031052366435%antarian@pacbell.net>... > In article <20030512113801.20632.00000167@mb-m20.aol.com>, Unbound I > <unboundi@aol.com> wrote: > > > >From: PJ Browning antarian@pacbell.net > > > > > > > > >In article <20030512110423.07824.00000138@mb-m19.aol.com>, Unbound I > > ><unboundi@aol.com> wrote: > > > > > >> According to the Variety article, Minear and Jeffrey Bell will be exec > > >> producers and showrunners for "Angel" next season. I was under the > > >impression > > >> Minear wouldn't be back. Or was I mistaken? > > > > > >prior to this announcement that seemed to be the case. but of course > > >things could have changed over the weekend. > > > > > > > > > > > It looks like it. What's odd is last week, timminear.net reported that > > Minear would be staying on with "Angel" if it got renewed as a consulting > > producer. Minear then denied that in a post in this newsgroup. Now Variety > > reports that he, in fact, will be staying on with the show. > > there is another issue to consider. David's contract as one of the > creators of the show has him always getting a CP credit even if he only > does a miniscule amount of work on the show. Tim could be in the same, > or a similar sitch. He doesn't actually have to do a ton of work and he > gets a 'consulting' credit. > > my guess is that the showrunner responsibilities will be more an 80/20 > split between Jeffrey and Tim. > As long as we get a script or two for Angel out of Tim Minear I am a happy camper. -- Be seeing you, Growltiger

2003-05-13 01:54:40+00:00 - Re: Minear staying with "Angel?" - (timminear@aol.com)

Well, I am Tim and Variety is wrong (but only about this one detail). Jeff Bell will run "Angel," I'll be running "Wonderfalls." I don't think I'll have the time to consult on "Angel" in any meaningful way, however, depending on when we finish our order for "Wonderfalls," I may be lucky enough to write and direct a season five episode of "Angel." Who knows.

2003-05-13 02:44:26+00:00 - Re: Minear staying with "Angel?" - (Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid>)

Previously on alt.tv.angel, timminear@aol.com wrote in article <20030512215440.27953.00000397@mb-m17.aol.com>... > Well, I am Tim and Variety is wrong (but only about this one detail). Jeff > Bell will run "Angel," I'll be running "Wonderfalls." I don't think I'll have > the time to consult on "Angel" in any meaningful way, however, depending on > when we finish our order for "Wonderfalls," I may be lucky enough to write and > direct a season five episode of "Angel." Who knows. > Congratulations, Mr Minear, and good luck running Wonderfalls. I look forward to seeing it. I hope you can contribute an episode for season five of Angel, too. And thank you for "Home" because it was memorable television. -- Be seeing you, Growltiger

2003-05-13 02:48:27+00:00 - Re: Minear staying with "Angel?" - (Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid>)

Previously on alt.tv.angel, timminear@aol.com wrote in article <20030512215440.27953.00000397@mb-m17.aol.com>... > Well, I am Tim and Variety is wrong (but only about this one detail). Jeff > Bell will run "Angel," I'll be running "Wonderfalls." I don't think I'll have > the time to consult on "Angel" in any meaningful way, however, depending on > when we finish our order for "Wonderfalls," I may be lucky enough to write and > direct a season five episode of "Angel." Who knows. > Oh, a quick question, besides James Marsters and David Boreanaz, who will be the regular players for Angel in season five. Based on the Variety report it appears that Ms Carpenter will be taking a part time role. Are there any other changes to the main cast? -- Be seeing you, Growltiger

2003-05-13 03:45:12+00:00 - Re: Minear staying with "Angel?" - (Kamil <kamil@cox.netted>)

"Tim Minear" <timminear@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030512215440.27953.00000397@mb-m17.aol.com... > Well, I am Tim and Variety is wrong (but only about this one detail). Jeff > Bell will run "Angel," I'll be running "Wonderfalls." I don't think I'll have > the time to consult on "Angel" in any meaningful way, however, depending on > when we finish our order for "Wonderfalls," I may be lucky enough to write and > direct a season five episode of "Angel." Who knows. I hope so too, Tim. I'm pretty sure it won't be able to make it without you, not with the rest of the news released today. Nevertheless, congratulations on your new show. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come, however much the news that you're leaving Angel and Spike is coming to LA makes me want to stab myself through the head with a rusty butcher's knife. At least with "Home" you made an absolutely wonderful place, where I can stop. Right. Here. As good a series finale as one could hope for. Thanks for that. -- Kamil "I'm tired of hearing about that Spike guy." "Empty Places" BtVS

2003-05-13 14:32:53+00:00 - Re: Minear staying with "Angel?" - (billones@radix.net)

In article <8840cvknkh6e69n93sq9foed3opqg8hhlt@4ax.com>, Not Really Tim <timminear@aol.com> wrote: >ANYONE out of 6 billion people can post as "timminear@aol.com". I am doing so >in this message, even though I am not Tim, just as an illustration. However, far fewer of those 6 billion can do so and not clearly indicate that they're not posting from AOL :) -- Jeremy Billones "I don't get called. I'm not the called type. I take messages for my boss -- *he* gets called."