FLM films - My Webpage

2004-03-04 08:09:17-08:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (harrisonm7@home.com)

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<SwE1c.30275$PY.27099@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com>... > Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver age > "Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an increasingly > close second--can't be all bad. > > -- Ken from Chicago (who finally forgave DC Comics' lame year-long series > finale of THE FLASH with a lame year-long murder trial of The Flash--even it > was a clear case of self-defense of another, even a slow, overweight chess / > computer / sf / D&D / rpg / video game-loving Chicagoan high school student > knew that) > > P.S. Mark Waid gets an infinite Get Of Jail Free card for finally writing BA > a proper *conclusion* in FLASH # 75. I'm not understanding why Angel fired Gunn. Isn't it clear that Gunn didn't know what he was signing? I'm sure none of the other characters ever made any mistakes like that!

2004-03-04 11:36:18+00:00 - Gunn can't be all bad - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

2004-03-04 15:10:37+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (thebinary@aol.composition)

>Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver age >"Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an increasingly >close second--can't be all bad. totaly agree...I mean, who else on that cast has even a clue of the golden and silver age comics...thats shows good character...hell, i would elect a president over it.--i. Aural aesthetics can be found at: www.Cesium137.com AND www.Metropolis-Records.com compositions available thru: www.industrial-music.com www.isotank.com or at other nifty little stores

2004-03-04 16:45:24+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Kelzmelzer <kelzmelzer@cfl.rrr.com>)

Long ago in a distant land, harrisonm7@home.com (Mike Harrison) the shape-shifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil: >"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<SwE1c.30275$PY.27099@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com>... >> Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver age >> "Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an increasingly >> close second--can't be all bad. >> >> -- Ken from Chicago (who finally forgave DC Comics' lame year-long series >> finale of THE FLASH with a lame year-long murder trial of The Flash--even it >> was a clear case of self-defense of another, even a slow, overweight chess / >> computer / sf / D&D / rpg / video game-loving Chicagoan high school student >> knew that) >> >> P.S. Mark Waid gets an infinite Get Of Jail Free card for finally writing BA >> a proper *conclusion* in FLASH # 75. > >I'm not understanding why Angel fired Gunn. Isn't it clear that Gunn >didn't know what he was signing? I'm sure none of the other >characters ever made any mistakes like that! He probably just wanted him out of the works at W&H. It's not like he kicked him off the team, he just took him out of the Senior Partners' equation. A good move, really.

2004-03-04 19:07:44-05:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (nfway <nfw@yahoo.com>)

In article <471417c6.0403040809.68a3c6c6@posting.google.com>, harrisonm7 @home.com says... > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<SwE1c.30275$PY.27099@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com>... > > Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver age > > "Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an increasingly > > close second--can't be all bad. > > > > -- Ken from Chicago (who finally forgave DC Comics' lame year-long series > > finale of THE FLASH with a lame year-long murder trial of The Flash--even it > > was a clear case of self-defense of another, even a slow, overweight chess / > > computer / sf / D&D / rpg / video game-loving Chicagoan high school student > > knew that) > > > > P.S. Mark Waid gets an infinite Get Of Jail Free card for finally writing BA > > a proper *conclusion* in FLASH # 75. > > I'm not understanding why Angel fired Gunn. Isn't it clear that Gunn > didn't know what he was signing? I'm sure none of the other > characters ever made any mistakes like that! > once corrupted, he has to prove he's trustworthy again, otherwise Gunn would be a mole for the senior partners. firing him probably also gets him off the senior partner's "radar". Maybe he can hook up with Eve? She looked kind of needy when Lorne was bitch-slapping her.

2004-03-04 22:53:30-05:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (meredith <msnomer@spamcop.net>)

In article <471417c6.0403040809.68a3c6c6@posting.google.com>, harrisonm7@home.com (Mike Harrison) wrote: > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message > news:<SwE1c.30275$PY.27099@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com>... > > Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver age > > "Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an > > increasingly > > close second--can't be all bad. > > > > -- Ken from Chicago (who finally forgave DC Comics' lame year-long series > > finale of THE FLASH with a lame year-long murder trial of The Flash--even > > it > > was a clear case of self-defense of another, even a slow, overweight chess > > / > > computer / sf / D&D / rpg / video game-loving Chicagoan high school student > > knew that) > > > > P.S. Mark Waid gets an infinite Get Of Jail Free card for finally writing > > BA > > a proper *conclusion* in FLASH # 75. > > I'm not understanding why Angel fired Gunn. Isn't it clear that Gunn > didn't know what he was signing? I'm sure none of the other > characters ever made any mistakes like that! Guess you weren't listening to Wesley, then. Signing it was forgiveable. Not saying anything while Fred was dying horribly was unforgiveable. -- meredith I tried being patient but it took too long.

2004-03-04 23:25:00+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Bryan Fellows <BryanFellows@SafariPlanet.com>)

When did he fire him? I totally missed that.. What scene was it? "Kelzmelzer" <kelzmelzer@cfl.rrr.com> wrote in message news:65ne40hrkhcn8h1tbpdgpf488gcrd62d3o@4ax.com... > Long ago in a distant land, harrisonm7@home.com (Mike Harrison) the > shape-shifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil: > > >"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<SwE1c.30275$PY.27099@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com>... > >> Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver age > >> "Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an increasingly > >> close second--can't be all bad. > >> > >> -- Ken from Chicago (who finally forgave DC Comics' lame year-long series > >> finale of THE FLASH with a lame year-long murder trial of The Flash--even it > >> was a clear case of self-defense of another, even a slow, overweight chess / > >> computer / sf / D&D / rpg / video game-loving Chicagoan high school student > >> knew that) > >> > >> P.S. Mark Waid gets an infinite Get Of Jail Free card for finally writing BA > >> a proper *conclusion* in FLASH # 75. > > > >I'm not understanding why Angel fired Gunn. Isn't it clear that Gunn > >didn't know what he was signing? I'm sure none of the other > >characters ever made any mistakes like that! > > He probably just wanted him out of the works at W&H. It's not like he > kicked him off the team, he just took him out of the Senior Partners' > equation. A good move, really.

2004-03-05 00:53:38+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Kelzmelzer <kelzmelzer@cfl.rrr.com>)

Long ago in a distant land, "Bryan Fellows" <BryanFellows@SafariPlanet.com> the shape-shifting master of darkness unleashed an unspeakable evil: >When did he fire him? >I totally missed that.. >What scene was it? > Harmony brings papers in a leather binder to Gunn, in his hospital bed. Gunn sez he doesn't want to sign anything. Harm sez that's what the papers are about. The way I figure it, either Gunn forfeited his bunko law degree, or he was fired from W&H.

2004-03-05 00:58:36+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (David Brewer <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk>)

"Isaac G." wrote: > > >Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver age > >"Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an increasingly > >close second--can't be all bad. > > totaly agree...I mean, who else on that cast has even a clue of the golden and > silver age comics...thats shows good character...hell, i would elect a > president over it.--i. Thta's life on the mean streets in the ghetto, it's all reading Flash, reading Daredevil. It's hard and you grow up vicious and surly. -- David Brewer "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS)

2004-03-05 01:21:02+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:4047D0BC.DDD1F4DF@blueyonder.co.uk... > "Isaac G." wrote: > > > > >Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver age > > >"Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an increasingly > > >close second--can't be all bad. > > > > totaly agree...I mean, who else on that cast has even a clue of the golden and > > silver age comics...thats shows good character...hell, i would elect a > > president over it.--i. > > Thta's life on the mean streets in the ghetto, it's all reading > Flash, reading Daredevil. It's hard and you grow up vicious and > surly. > > -- > David Brewer > > "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific > Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of > facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS) Odds are, Gunn DIDN'T read comics growing up, too busying trying to make ends meet--and making vamps meeting stakes. Apparently Gunn is making up for lost time with "childish pursuits" since joining W&H. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-03-05 01:29:43+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (David Brewer <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk>)

Ken from Chicago wrote: > > "David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message > news:4047D0BC.DDD1F4DF@blueyonder.co.uk... > > "Isaac G." wrote: > > > > > > >Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver > age > > > >"Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an > increasingly > > > >close second--can't be all bad. > > > > > > totaly agree...I mean, who else on that cast has even a clue of the > golden and > > > silver age comics...thats shows good character...hell, i would elect a > > > president over it.--i. > > > > Thta's life on the mean streets in the ghetto, it's all reading > > Flash, reading Daredevil. It's hard and you grow up vicious and > > surly. > > > > -- > > David Brewer > > > > "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific > > Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of > > facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS) > > Odds are, Gunn DIDN'T read comics growing up, too busying trying to make > ends meet--and making vamps meeting stakes. Apparently Gunn is making up for > lost time with "childish pursuits" since joining W&H. He knows which issue of Daredevil has Bullseye vs. Elektra One-wins-one-dies. This stuff isn't new to him, he isn't just reading Comics 101 on the View Askew website. -- David Brewer "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS)

2004-03-05 01:30:59+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Kelzmelzer <kelzmelzer@cfl.rrr.com>)

Long ago in a distant land, "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> the shape-shifting master of darkness unleashed an unspeakable evil: > >Odds are, Gunn DIDN'T read comics growing up, too busying trying to make >ends meet--and making vamps meeting stakes. Apparently Gunn is making up for >lost time with "childish pursuits" since joining W&H. > >-- Ken from Chicago > Who doesn't have time to read comics? It's not as though he spent every waking moment of the first twenty-odd years of his life in a constant death struggle. He must have had a little bit of downtime. And The Flash makes perfect sense given his situation.

2004-03-05 01:38:34+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:4047D807.FE429D49@blueyonder.co.uk... > Ken from Chicago wrote: > > > > "David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message > > news:4047D0BC.DDD1F4DF@blueyonder.co.uk... > > > "Isaac G." wrote: > > > > > > > > >Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver > > age > > > > >"Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an > > increasingly > > > > >close second--can't be all bad. > > > > > > > > totaly agree...I mean, who else on that cast has even a clue of the > > golden and > > > > silver age comics...thats shows good character...hell, i would elect a > > > > president over it.--i. > > > > > > Thta's life on the mean streets in the ghetto, it's all reading > > > Flash, reading Daredevil. It's hard and you grow up vicious and > > > surly. > > > > > > -- > > > David Brewer > > > > > > "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific > > > Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of > > > facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS) > > > > Odds are, Gunn DIDN'T read comics growing up, too busying trying to make > > ends meet--and making vamps meeting stakes. Apparently Gunn is making up for > > lost time with "childish pursuits" since joining W&H. > > He knows which issue of Daredevil has Bullseye vs. Elektra > One-wins-one-dies. This stuff isn't new to him, he isn't just > reading Comics 101 on the View Askew website. > > -- > David Brewer > > "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific > Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of > facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS) Ah, well, of course, Gunn may have READ comics growing up, but might not have BOUGHT them--until now. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-03-05 01:49:58+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (David Brewer <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk>)

Ken from Chicago wrote: > > "David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message > news:4047D807.FE429D49@blueyonder.co.uk... > > Ken from Chicago wrote: > > > > > > "David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message > > > news:4047D0BC.DDD1F4DF@blueyonder.co.uk... > > > > "Isaac G." wrote: > > > > > > > > > > >Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver age > > > > > >"Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an increasingly > > > > > >close second--can't be all bad. > > > > > > > > > > totaly agree...I mean, who else on that cast has even a clue of the golden and > > > > > silver age comics...thats shows good character...hell, i would elect a > > > > > president over it.--i. > > > > > > > > Thta's life on the mean streets in the ghetto, it's all reading > > > > Flash, reading Daredevil. It's hard and you grow up vicious and > > > > surly. > > > > > > > > -- > > > > David Brewer > > > > > > > > "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific > > > > Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of > > > > facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS) > > > > > > Odds are, Gunn DIDN'T read comics growing up, too busying trying to make > > > ends meet--and making vamps meeting stakes. Apparently Gunn is making up for > > > lost time with "childish pursuits" since joining W&H. > > > > He knows which issue of Daredevil has Bullseye vs. Elektra > > One-wins-one-dies. This stuff isn't new to him, he isn't just > > reading Comics 101 on the View Askew website. I should have pointed out that this is from a pre-W&H takeover episode, where Gunn is menacing some comic nerds. > Ah, well, of course, Gunn may have READ comics growing up, but might not > have BOUGHT them--until now. I'm sure it's how he gained the leadership of his fearsome street gang. With Nerdpower. Is anybody in the Whedonverse actually allowed not to be a nerd? Xander read Klingon. Harmony collects unicorns. Cordelia was a shoe-nerd. -- David Brewer "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS)

2004-03-05 04:35:46+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Charles Franklin <man2god@tampabay.rr.com>)

"meredith" <msnomer@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:msnomer-6983F4.22533004032004@dsl254-095-101.nyc1.dsl.speakeasy.net... > In article <471417c6.0403040809.68a3c6c6@posting.google.com>, > harrisonm7@home.com (Mike Harrison) wrote: > > > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message > > news:<SwE1c.30275$PY.27099@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com>... > > > Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver age > > > "Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an > > > increasingly > > > close second--can't be all bad. > > > > > > -- Ken from Chicago (who finally forgave DC Comics' lame year-long series > > > finale of THE FLASH with a lame year-long murder trial of The Flash--even > > > it > > > was a clear case of self-defense of another, even a slow, overweight chess > > > / > > > computer / sf / D&D / rpg / video game-loving Chicagoan high school student > > > knew that) > > > > > > P.S. Mark Waid gets an infinite Get Of Jail Free card for finally writing > > > BA > > > a proper *conclusion* in FLASH # 75. > > > > I'm not understanding why Angel fired Gunn. Isn't it clear that Gunn > > didn't know what he was signing? I'm sure none of the other > > characters ever made any mistakes like that! > > Guess you weren't listening to Wesley, then. Signing it was forgiveable. > Not saying anything while Fred was dying horribly was unforgiveable. > -- > meredith > > I tried being patient but it took too long. > Thank god somebody gets it! Gunn should have come forward the moment he realized he was responsible for what happened to Fred.

2004-03-05 08:56:50+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:4047DCC7.3194EF6A@blueyonder.co.uk... > Ken from Chicago wrote: > > <snip> > > I should have pointed out that this is from a pre-W&H takeover > episode, where Gunn is menacing some comic nerds. > > > Ah, well, of course, Gunn may have READ comics growing up, but might not > > have BOUGHT them--until now. > > I'm sure it's how he gained the leadership of his fearsome street > gang. With Nerdpower. > > Is anybody in the Whedonverse actually allowed not to be a nerd? > Xander read Klingon. Harmony collects unicorns. Cordelia was a > shoe-nerd. Hey, the word is "enthusiast" or "hobbyist". Thankyouverymuch. > -- > David Brewer > > "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific > Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of > facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS) -- Ken from Chicago

2004-03-05 08:58:32+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Kelzmelzer" <kelzmelzer@cfl.rrr.com> wrote in message news:0ulf401glna3rp90pii022tb8kcuupamqi@4ax.com... > Long ago in a distant land, "Ken from Chicago" > <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> the shape-shifting master of > darkness unleashed an unspeakable evil: > > > >Odds are, Gunn DIDN'T read comics growing up, too busying trying to make > >ends meet--and making vamps meeting stakes. Apparently Gunn is making up for > >lost time with "childish pursuits" since joining W&H. > > > >-- Ken from Chicago > > > > Who doesn't have time to read comics? It's not as though he spent > every waking moment of the first twenty-odd years of his life in a > constant death struggle. He must have had a little bit of downtime. > And The Flash makes perfect sense given his situation. I was thinking he couldn't afford comics, between being dirt poor and amassing weapons of survivor. But who knows, maybe a kindly shop owner might have let him peruse a few comics. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-03-05 08:59:37+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Charles Franklin" <man2god@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:CsT1c.192845$jH.1919204@twister.tampabay.rr.com... > > "meredith" <msnomer@spamcop.net> wrote in message > news:msnomer-6983F4.22533004032004@dsl254-095-101.nyc1.dsl.speakeasy.net... > > In article <471417c6.0403040809.68a3c6c6@posting.google.com>, > > harrisonm7@home.com (Mike Harrison) wrote: > > > > > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in > message > > > news:<SwE1c.30275$PY.27099@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com>... > > > > Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver > age > > > > "Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an > > > > increasingly > > > > close second--can't be all bad. > > > > > > > > -- Ken from Chicago (who finally forgave DC Comics' lame year-long > series > > > > finale of THE FLASH with a lame year-long murder trial of The > Flash--even > > > > it > > > > was a clear case of self-defense of another, even a slow, overweight > chess > > > > / > > > > computer / sf / D&D / rpg / video game-loving Chicagoan high school > student > > > > knew that) > > > > > > > > P.S. Mark Waid gets an infinite Get Of Jail Free card for finally > writing > > > > BA > > > > a proper *conclusion* in FLASH # 75. > > > > > > I'm not understanding why Angel fired Gunn. Isn't it clear that Gunn > > > didn't know what he was signing? I'm sure none of the other > > > characters ever made any mistakes like that! > > > > Guess you weren't listening to Wesley, then. Signing it was forgiveable. > > Not saying anything while Fred was dying horribly was unforgiveable. > > -- > > meredith > > > > I tried being patient but it took too long. > > > Thank god somebody gets it! Gunn should have come forward the moment he > realized he was responsible for what happened to Fred. Wait til Wes hears about Xander (or Dawn) and the Dancing Demon. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-03-05 13:41:50+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Dave Menard <menard5078NO@SPAMrogers.com>)

"David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:4047DCC7.3194EF6A@blueyonder.co.uk... > Ken from Chicago wrote: > > > > "David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message > > news:4047D807.FE429D49@blueyonder.co.uk... > > > Ken from Chicago wrote: > > > > > > > > "David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message > > > > news:4047D0BC.DDD1F4DF@blueyonder.co.uk... > > > > > "Isaac G." wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > >Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the silver age > > > > > > >"Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an increasingly > > > > > > >close second--can't be all bad. > > > > > > > > > > > > totaly agree...I mean, who else on that cast has even a clue of the golden and > > > > > > silver age comics...thats shows good character...hell, i would elect a > > > > > > president over it.--i. > > > > > > > > > > Thta's life on the mean streets in the ghetto, it's all reading > > > > > Flash, reading Daredevil. It's hard and you grow up vicious and > > > > > surly. > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > David Brewer > > > > > > > > > > "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific > > > > > Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of > > > > > facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS) > > > > > > > > Odds are, Gunn DIDN'T read comics growing up, too busying trying to make > > > > ends meet--and making vamps meeting stakes. Apparently Gunn is making up for > > > > lost time with "childish pursuits" since joining W&H. > > > > > > He knows which issue of Daredevil has Bullseye vs. Elektra > > > One-wins-one-dies. This stuff isn't new to him, he isn't just > > > reading Comics 101 on the View Askew website. > > I should have pointed out that this is from a pre-W&H takeover > episode, where Gunn is menacing some comic nerds. > > > Ah, well, of course, Gunn may have READ comics growing up, but might not > > have BOUGHT them--until now. > > I'm sure it's how he gained the leadership of his fearsome street > gang. With Nerdpower. > > Is anybody in the Whedonverse actually allowed not to be a nerd? > Xander read Klingon. Harmony collects unicorns. Cordelia was a > shoe-nerd. Everyone in the world, and I do meant EVERYONE, has their own particular geek-vector. It's just that people who are Sports geeks, Music geeks, Political geeks, or fashionistas are generally considered more socially acceptable than those of us who prefer to obsess over genre television or comic books. Ask yourself: who in your acquaintance doesn't have at least one thing they go all goobery for? Dave

2004-03-05 16:37:33-08:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (buffhunter@my-deja.com)

"Dave Menard" <menard5078NO@SPAMrogers.com> wrote in message news:<ys%1c.86700$sl.11332@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>... > "David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message > news:4047DCC7.3194EF6A@blueyonder.co.uk... > > Ken from Chicago wrote: > > > > > > "David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message > > > news:4047D807.FE429D49@blueyonder.co.uk... > > > > Ken from Chicago wrote: > > > > > > > > > > "David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message > > > > > news:4047D0BC.DDD1F4DF@blueyonder.co.uk... > > > > > > "Isaac G." wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the > silver age > > > > > > > >"Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an > increasingly > > > > > > > >close second--can't be all bad. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > totaly agree...I mean, who else on that cast has even a clue of > the golden and > > > > > > > silver age comics...thats shows good character...hell, i would > elect a > > > > > > > president over it.--i. > > > > > > > > > > > > Thta's life on the mean streets in the ghetto, it's all reading > > > > > > Flash, reading Daredevil. It's hard and you grow up vicious and > > > > > > surly. > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > David Brewer > > > > > > > > > > > > "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific > > > > > > Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of > > > > > > facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS) > > > > > > > > > > Odds are, Gunn DIDN'T read comics growing up, too busying trying to > make > > > > > ends meet--and making vamps meeting stakes. Apparently Gunn is > making up for > > > > > lost time with "childish pursuits" since joining W&H. > > > > > > > > He knows which issue of Daredevil has Bullseye vs. Elektra > > > > One-wins-one-dies. This stuff isn't new to him, he isn't just > > > > reading Comics 101 on the View Askew website. > > > > I should have pointed out that this is from a pre-W&H takeover > > episode, where Gunn is menacing some comic nerds. > > > > > Ah, well, of course, Gunn may have READ comics growing up, but might not > > > have BOUGHT them--until now. > > > > I'm sure it's how he gained the leadership of his fearsome street > > gang. With Nerdpower. > > > > Is anybody in the Whedonverse actually allowed not to be a nerd? > > Xander read Klingon. Harmony collects unicorns. Cordelia was a > > shoe-nerd. > > Everyone in the world, and I do meant EVERYONE, has their own particular > geek-vector. It's just that people who are Sports geeks, Music geeks, > Political geeks, or fashionistas are generally considered more socially > acceptable than those of us who prefer to obsess over genre television or > comic books. Ask yourself: who in your acquaintance doesn't have at least > one thing they go all goobery for? > > Dave ---- Agreed. Any car or motocycle enthusiast who soups up his ride is a car nerd but we don't say that, especially not to the face of the host of "American Chopper". ;-) ---->Hunter

2004-03-05 18:49:33-06:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Dave Menard" <menard5078NO@SPAMrogers.com> wrote in message news:ys%1c.86700$sl.11332@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > > "David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message > news:4047DCC7.3194EF6A@blueyonder.co.uk... > > Ken from Chicago wrote: > > > > > > "David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message > > > news:4047D807.FE429D49@blueyonder.co.uk... > > > > Ken from Chicago wrote: > > > > > > > > > > "David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message > > > > > news:4047D0BC.DDD1F4DF@blueyonder.co.uk... > > > > > > "Isaac G." wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Anyone who liked The Best Superhero of All Time, THE FLASH, the > silver age > > > > > > > >"Barry Allen" version--altho the current one, Wally West, is an > increasingly > > > > > > > >close second--can't be all bad. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > totaly agree...I mean, who else on that cast has even a clue of > the golden and > > > > > > > silver age comics...thats shows good character...hell, i would > elect a > > > > > > > president over it.--i. > > > > > > > > > > > > Thta's life on the mean streets in the ghetto, it's all reading > > > > > > Flash, reading Daredevil. It's hard and you grow up vicious and > > > > > > surly. > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > David Brewer > > > > > > > > > > > > "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific > > > > > > Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of > > > > > > facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS) > > > > > > > > > > Odds are, Gunn DIDN'T read comics growing up, too busying trying to > make > > > > > ends meet--and making vamps meeting stakes. Apparently Gunn is > making up for > > > > > lost time with "childish pursuits" since joining W&H. > > > > > > > > He knows which issue of Daredevil has Bullseye vs. Elektra > > > > One-wins-one-dies. This stuff isn't new to him, he isn't just > > > > reading Comics 101 on the View Askew website. > > > > I should have pointed out that this is from a pre-W&H takeover > > episode, where Gunn is menacing some comic nerds. > > > > > Ah, well, of course, Gunn may have READ comics growing up, but might not > > > have BOUGHT them--until now. > > > > I'm sure it's how he gained the leadership of his fearsome street > > gang. With Nerdpower. > > > > Is anybody in the Whedonverse actually allowed not to be a nerd? > > Xander read Klingon. Harmony collects unicorns. Cordelia was a > > shoe-nerd. > > Everyone in the world, and I do meant EVERYONE, has their own particular > geek-vector. It's just that people who are Sports geeks, Music geeks, > Political geeks, or fashionistas are generally considered more socially > acceptable than those of us who prefer to obsess over genre television or > comic books. Ask yourself: who in your acquaintance doesn't have at least > one thing they go all goobery for? > > Dave > > Sports geeks = sports *fans* (altho the more extreme face-painting or body-painting ones are called sports "nuts"). -- Ken from Chicago

2004-03-05 18:50:43-06:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Ken Arromdee" <arromdee@violet.rahul.net> wrote in message news:c2acn7$ckd$1@blue.rahul.net... > In article <4047D807.FE429D49@blueyonder.co.uk>, > David Brewer <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > >> Odds are, Gunn DIDN'T read comics growing up, too busying trying to make > >> ends meet--and making vamps meeting stakes. Apparently Gunn is making up for > >> lost time with "childish pursuits" since joining W&H. > >He knows which issue of Daredevil has Bullseye vs. Elektra > >One-wins-one-dies. This stuff isn't new to him, he isn't just > >reading Comics 101 on the View Askew website. > > The problem is that the *writers* are fans, and they project it on the > characters even when that's a stretch. > > It's like how almost all the pop culture references made by characters on > Buffy are to things older than the characters. Such as? > -- > Ken Arromdee / arromdee_AT_rahul.net / http://www.rahul.net/arromdee > (Selling R3 DVDs: Shinobi no Mono, Hellsing; Drunken Master 2 VHS. Make offer.) > > Tikritis: "Saddam is in our hearts! Saddam is in our blood!" > Americans/Iraqi Police: "Saddam is in our jail!" -- Ken from Chicago

2004-03-05 19:34:14+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Gert Wallage <gwallage@telus.inv>)

2004-03-05 19:35:19+00:00 - Re: Gunn can't be all bad - (Gert Wallage <gwallage@telus.inv>)