FLM films - My Webpage

2003-06-16 08:16:14+00:00 - Wes in S5 - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

What direction is Wesley likely to take next season? Is his "dark" phase over? Will he be sexually involved with Dead!Lilah? [What is Lilah now? An animated corpse? A solid ghost? An intelligent zombie?] Will he be seduced into doing what W&H wants or will he stay on his own strange path to righteousness? I think it will be decided that Dark!Wes is popular with viewers and so we will keep getting Dark!Wes. Unfortunately, I predict lots of Bond!Wes as well, which isn't my cuppa java. I'd like to see Wes get just a little of his old goofy humor back, but it won't happen, because I want it to. ;) The idea of Wes having sex with HellSlave!Lilah squicks me. It's different from having sex with a vampire, the vampire is sort of a "new life" for the person, whereas Lilah, with that line across her neck, is more like a walking talking corpse. Maybe I'll change my mind. Rose "No one even says oops when they're passing their gas. Whatever happened to class?" -- Chicago

2003-06-16 08:46:32-07:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (riewaki@netscape.net)

fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote in message news:<20030616041614.11559.00000531@mb-m13.aol.com>... > What direction is Wesley likely to take next season? I would like to see him less hardened/cold, and more emotional -- with regard to his friendships, not so much a romantic thing. I feel like Wes gets sucked in by females, and I'd like air time for his repairing his friendships, being able to admit his desolution in the past season. Also, everyone seems to be so hardened, the acting seems to be more restricted b/c all the characters are being strong or keeping-it-inside-themselves despite the culmination of some really really bad times. I didn't see much torment expressed, although the situation was such. I guess you could argue that since the situation was obviously tragic/dramatic/agonizing, you don't need the characters to show that, but if not for anything else, at least to let me see some more facial expressions on the actors. It might turn out that Wes is going to be the one trying to keep the gang together -- the distraction of being at W&H is likely to break everyone's interest apart, and Wes might be the only one to be savvy enough to be able to see through the system. The only problem is that he has already gone off to take care of things on his own, and maybe that would be his downfall -- AGAIN?

2003-06-16 10:01:14-07:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (bergeg@parl.gc.ca)

fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote in message news:<20030616041614.11559.00000531@mb-m13.aol.com>... > What direction is Wesley likely to take next season? > > Is his "dark" phase over? I think he'll remain grey. > Will he be sexually involved with Dead!Lilah? [What is Lilah now? An > animated corpse? A solid ghost? An intelligent zombie?] I doubt they'll be sexually involved, although I do believe they'll still share something "special" > Will he be seduced into doing what W&H wants or will he stay on his own > strange path to righteousness? I do believe he'll stay his path, but I don't know yet how righteous it'll be. > I think it will be decided that Dark!Wes is popular with viewers and so we > will keep getting Dark!Wes. Unfortunately, I predict lots of Bond!Wes as > well, which isn't my cuppa java. I think you're right. > I'd like to see Wes get just a little of his old goofy humor back, but it > won't happen, because I want it to. ;) I think he will regain some sense of humour. > The idea of Wes having sex with HellSlave!Lilah squicks me. It's different > from having sex with a vampire, the vampire is sort of a "new life" for the > person, whereas Lilah, with that line across her neck, is more like a walking > talking corpse. Maybe I'll change my mind. I feel the same as well, which is why I doubt their relationship will be sexual.

2003-06-16 10:05:59-07:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (himiko@animail.net)

fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote in message news:<20030616041614.11559.00000531@mb-m13.aol.com>... > What direction is Wesley likely to take next season? > > Is his "dark" phase over? > > Will he be sexually involved with Dead!Lilah? [What is Lilah now? An animated > corpse? A solid ghost? An intelligent zombie?] > > Will he be seduced into doing what W&H wants or will he stay on his own strange > path to righteousness? Love that phrase! And it's a very accurate description of what Wes seems to be doing. I'd like to see him team up with Spike in some way. He and Spike seem to me to be on much the same sort of path. > > I think it will be decided that Dark!Wes is popular with viewers and so we will > keep getting Dark!Wes. Unfortunately, I predict lots of Bond!Wes as well, > which isn't my cuppa java. I'd like to see Wes get just a little of his old > goofy humor back, but it won't happen, because I want it to. ;) No, but it will if ME has any sense. Humor and darkness can coexist in the same character...or at least, they always could in the past. BondWes would also be OK if they do it tongue in cheek...as Bond should always be done anyway. > The idea of Wes having sex with HellSlave!Lilah squicks me. It's different > from having sex with a vampire, the vampire is sort of a "new life" for the > person, whereas Lilah, with that line across her neck, is more like a walking > talking corpse. Maybe I'll change my mind. Squicks me too for the same reasons, but I'd love it. W/L always squicked me even when she was alive. Also, I'd love to see Angel and Spike get squicked and then have the whole sleeping with animated corpses issue come up. I can just hear Fred say "Well, technically...." himiko

2003-06-16 12:28:12-06:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (NOSPAMrobertocastillo@ameritech.net)

Rose wrote: > What direction is Wesley likely to take next season? > > Is his "dark" phase over? Not bloody likely. > > Will he be sexually involved with Dead!Lilah? [What is Lilah now? An It wouldn't be an ME series without a little necrophilia. > Will he be seduced into doing what W&H wants or will he stay on his own strange > path to righteousness? > I think it's safe to say that he'll stay on his own twisted path. > > I think it will be decided that Dark!Wes is popular with viewers and so we will > keep getting Dark!Wes. Unfortunately, I predict lots of Bond!Wes as well, I like the James Bond stuff. AD has a nice flair for it. > The idea of Wes having sex with HellSlave!Lilah squicks me. It's different > from having sex with a vampire, the vampire is sort of a "new life" for the > person, whereas Lilah, with that line across her neck, is more like a walking > talking corpse. Maybe I'll change my mind. But Lilah in her current incarnation so to speak is a lot like that zombie gang in "The Zeppo." The best preserved of them could pick up his life right where he left off and even returned to school. At this point, it's hard to see much difference between DeadLilah and LiveLilah beyond the fact that the former actually does have to worry about forgetting her own head when she leaves the house. -- Does this .sig make my butt look big? Roberto Castillo robertocastillo@ameritech.net

2003-06-16 13:07:55-04:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (Chelsea Christenson <Chelsea.Christenson@oracle.com>)

Rose wrote: > I think it will be decided that Dark!Wes is popular with viewers and so we will > keep getting Dark!Wes. Unfortunately, I predict lots of Bond!Wes as well, > which isn't my cuppa java. I'd like to see Wes get just a little of his old > goofy humor back, but it won't happen, because I want it to. ;) Wes whips out Bondian gadgets to solve trivial problems -- I could go for that at least once. > The idea of Wes having sex with HellSlave!Lilah squicks me. Yeah. She's dead. I hope Wes moved on when he chopped off her head. Although I like the way she was able to bring out his innate gallantry, even though she also encouraged his worst side.

2003-06-16 17:22:37+00:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

Himiko wrote: > >Love that phrase! And it's a very accurate description of what Wes >seems to be doing. I'd like to see him team up with Spike in some >way. He and Spike seem to me to be on much the same sort of path. Now you've done it. You've said the S word. =:o Rose "No one even says oops when they're passing their gas. Whatever happened to class?" -- Chicago

2003-06-16 17:35:13-04:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

"NightBaron" <bergeg@parl.gc.ca> wrote in message news:24ab6293.0306160901.22ad7cf9@posting.google.com... > fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote in message news:<20030616041614.11559.00000531@mb-m13.aol.com>... > > What direction is Wesley likely to take next season? > > > > Is his "dark" phase over? > > I think he'll remain grey. > > > Will he be sexually involved with Dead!Lilah? [What is Lilah now? An > > animated corpse? A solid ghost? An intelligent zombie?] > > I doubt they'll be sexually involved, although I do believe they'll > still share something "special" > > > Will he be seduced into doing what W&H wants or will he stay on his own > > strange path to righteousness? > > I do believe he'll stay his path, but I don't know yet how righteous > it'll be. > > > I think it will be decided that Dark!Wes is popular with viewers and so we > > will keep getting Dark!Wes. Unfortunately, I predict lots of Bond!Wes as > > well, which isn't my cuppa java. > > I think you're right. > > > I'd like to see Wes get just a little of his old goofy humor back, but it > > won't happen, because I want it to. ;) > > I think he will regain some sense of humour. > > > The idea of Wes having sex with HellSlave!Lilah squicks me. It's different > > from having sex with a vampire, the vampire is sort of a "new life" for the > > person, whereas Lilah, with that line across her neck, is more like a walking > > talking corpse. Maybe I'll change my mind. > > I feel the same as well, which is why I doubt their relationship will > be sexual. My, my, aren't you being optimistic today? At the risk of raining on the parade dare I remind you that we're talking about the same show that brought us Cordy/Connor and Cordy/Beast? I don't think ME would even blink at the notion of dead, head attached by a ribbon, Lilah and Wesley doing the horizontal mambo in the file room. -- Shannon Giles: I used to be a highly respected Watcher. Now, I'm a wounded Dwarf with the mystical power of a paper doily."

2003-06-16 17:40:53-04:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

"Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message news:20030616041614.11559.00000531@mb-m13.aol.com... > What direction is Wesley likely to take next season? > > Is his "dark" phase over? > Haven't seen anything in the show itself to indicate it will be. Although, since Angel changed history maybe Wesley never even experienced his dark phase. It's possible that a new and improved dark phase is headed our way, or it's possible that we'll return to pre-insane, Burger Loa summoning, Wesley. > Will he be sexually involved with Dead!Lilah? [What is Lilah now? An animated > corpse? A solid ghost? An intelligent zombie?] > Again with the history changing thing. Sans dark phase, maybe Wesley and Lilah were never involved to begin with. They could start a new trend of undead human/breathing human relationships or they could go the way of the Dodo bird. > Will he be seduced into doing what W&H wants or will he stay on his own strange > path to righteousness? > Seduced. Absolutely seduced. > > I think it will be decided that Dark!Wes is popular with viewers and so we will > keep getting Dark!Wes. Unfortunately, I predict lots of Bond!Wes as well, > which isn't my cuppa java. I'd like to see Wes get just a little of his old > goofy humor back, but it won't happen, because I want it to. ;) > It might. Depends on how much has changed with Connor's new non-existence. > The idea of Wes having sex with HellSlave!Lilah squicks me. It's different > from having sex with a vampire, the vampire is sort of a "new life" for the > person, whereas Lilah, with that line across her neck, is more like a walking > talking corpse. Maybe I'll change my mind. > Nothing could squick me anymore than Cordemon telling Beast to give "Mama some sugar." Dead Lilah and Wesley could go at it until the cows come home and I wouldn't even flinch after that. > > > > > -- Shannon Giles: I used to be a highly respected Watcher. Now, I'm a wounded Dwarf with the mystical power of a paper doily."> > > >

2003-06-16 20:48:31-07:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (dxgarten@ignmail.com)

fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote in message news:<20030616041614.11559.00000531@mb-m13.aol.com>... > What direction is Wesley likely to take next season? > > Is his "dark" phase over? As someone who never thought that Wes had a 'dark' phase (since he always have that dark streak to him like Angel does) but rather him starting to allow it to show more openly, I don't see why it's over. It never started. It's a part of him. > Will he be sexually involved with Dead!Lilah? [What is Lilah now? An animated > corpse? A solid ghost? An intelligent zombie?] Who knows. It'll take more than a surgery stitch to get her back together. So I doubt it's something as simple as an animated corpse or zombie. > Will he be seduced into doing what W&H wants or will he stay on his own strange > path to righteousness? Judging by what he's done in the past, even though his method is often questionable, Wes doesn't look like someone who can be easily seduced with what W&H can offer him. One thing that can drag him down to the mud of W&H is his nobility. It's the same with Angel. It's their decision to save someone that made them decide to join W&H. Unlike Fred/Lorne/Gunn who joined because they like what W&H can offer them. > I think it will be decided that Dark!Wes is popular with viewers and so we will > keep getting Dark!Wes. Unfortunately, I predict lots of Bond!Wes as well, > which isn't my cuppa java. At least there's a plausible reason for him to use it. Wes doesn't have Angel or Gunn's strength. He needs the weapons to help him stay alive during his day to day work with the gang. Riight... > I'd like to see Wes get just a little of his old > goofy humor back, but it won't happen, because I want it to. ;) Funny, I'd like to see William instead of Spike, but I am sure that won't happen either. > The idea of Wes having sex with HellSlave!Lilah squicks me. It's different > from having sex with a vampire, the vampire is sort of a "new life" for the > person, whereas Lilah, with that line across her neck, is more like a walking > talking corpse. Maybe I'll change my mind. What new life? Vampires turn into dusts when you stake them, suggesting that they would have been dusts (just like any normal corpse after a couple of years or when you cremated them) if it wasn't for the 'desease' (which is vampirism) that makes them able to be alive and stronger than normal human. A necrophilia is still a necrophilia. If Wes decides that he wants to try some necrophilia, I don't think it's more disgusting than Buffy or whoever has had sex with vampires.

2003-06-17 03:13:15-07:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (metrix007@yahoo.com)

"DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<IgOdnfE7IbodpHOjXTWJhg@comcast.com>... > "Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message > news:20030616041614.11559.00000531@mb-m13.aol.com... > > What direction is Wesley likely to take next season? > > > > Is his "dark" phase over? > > > Haven't seen anything in the show itself to indicate it will be. Although, > since Angel changed history maybe Wesley never even experienced his dark > phase. It's possible that a new and improved dark phase is headed our way, > or it's possible that we'll return to pre-insane, Burger Loa summoning, > Wesley. > > > Will he be sexually involved with Dead!Lilah? [What is Lilah now? An > animated > > corpse? A solid ghost? An intelligent zombie?] > > > Again with the history changing thing. Sans dark phase, maybe Wesley and > Lilah were never involved to begin with. They could start a new trend of > undead human/breathing human relationships or they could go the way of the > Dodo bird. > > > Will he be seduced into doing what W&H wants or will he stay on his own > strange > > path to righteousness? > > > Seduced. Absolutely seduced. > > > > I think it will be decided that Dark!Wes is popular with viewers and so we > will > > keep getting Dark!Wes. Unfortunately, I predict lots of Bond!Wes as well, > > which isn't my cuppa java. I'd like to see Wes get just a little of his > old > > goofy humor back, but it won't happen, because I want it to. ;) > > > It might. Depends on how much has changed with Connor's new non-existence. > > > The idea of Wes having sex with HellSlave!Lilah squicks me. It's > different > > from having sex with a vampire, the vampire is sort of a "new life" for > the > > person, whereas Lilah, with that line across her neck, is more like a > walking > > talking corpse. Maybe I'll change my mind. > > > Nothing could squick me anymore than Cordemon telling Beast to give "Mama > some sugar." Dead Lilah and Wesley could go at it until the cows come home > and I wouldn't even flinch after that. > > > > > > > > > > if history was indeed changed. perhaps it was a memory wipe.

2003-06-17 08:16:23-07:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (salmoneous@aol.com)

If I have to guess, I'd say you will get Bond!Wes. If I get to vote, I'd say lots of kinky sex with Lilah Wes. Not that I really like the idea of them as a couple, I just like the idea of dressing SH up in sexy outfits.

2003-06-20 21:34:11+00:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (Jane Davitt <jdavitt01@rogers.com>)

Ken Arromdee wrote: > > > Lilah has her soul, your standard vampire doesn't. Does she? Isn't that someone else's now? Jane -- Read my Buffy the Vampire Slayer fiction at http://members.rogers.com/jdavitt01/index.html http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=231516

2003-06-20 21:51:10-04:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (Gubira@webtv.net)

Bring Back classic Wes! That will never happen sadly. DarkWes is popular? He stinks!

2003-06-20 23:11:19-07:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (awilliamsaus@netscape.net)

Gubira@webtv.net wrote in message news:<1925-3EF3BA0E-78@storefull-2292.public.lawson.webtv.net>... > Bring Back classic Wes! Nah, I like the new DarkWes >That will never happen sadly. DarkWes is > popular? He stinks! Well, a person's trash is someone else's treasure and vice versa. If everyone agrees to the same thing, this world will be boring. What you said alarmed me though, have TV manufacturers come up with new range of television that can detect smell? Because I sure can't smell the characters' odour.

2003-06-27 03:29:54+00:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (Sylvie Tremblay <SuNStaR29@Rogers.com>)

I miss the S1 Wesley. He was so cutely hilarious. I miss the S1 characters, period. The only new)ish) stuff I really really enjoy is Fred. her character is enough to keep me watching the show. -- ----------------------------------------------------------- Teacher: "How many of us have lost countless productive hours plagued by unwanted sexual thoughts and feelings." Xander: "Yes!" Teacher: "That was a rhetorical question, Mr. Harris, not a poll." Don't speak Latin in front of the books <Gubira@webtv.net> wrote in message news:1925-3EF3BA0E-78@storefull-2292.public.lawson.webtv.net... > Bring Back classic Wes! That will never happen sadly. DarkWes is > popular? He stinks! >

2003-06-27 21:09:38-07:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (metrix007@yahoo.com)

Jane Davitt <jdavitt01@rogers.com> wrote in message news:<3EF37DE1.8030209@rogers.com>... > Ken Arromdee wrote: > > > > > > > Lilah has her soul, your standard vampire doesn't. > > Does she? Isn't that someone else's now? > > Jane thats a great point....it belongs to W&H right? I wish they would explore this more....it could give some definition of what it really is too be a vampire with a soul, and souls in general. A human without a soul would be a great contrast to a vamp with a soul..maybe it will be epxlored more in S5?

2003-06-27 21:10:13-07:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (metrix007@yahoo.com)

"Sylvie Tremblay" <SuNStaR29@Rogers.com> wrote in message news:<SSOKa.41568$bRt.22868@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>... > I miss the S1 Wesley. He was so cutely hilarious. > > I miss the S1 characters, period. The only new)ish) stuff I really really > enjoy is Fred. her character is enough to keep me watching the show. > interesting.

2003-06-28 06:47:09-07:00 - Re: Wes in S5 - (William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com>)

On 27 Jun 2003 21:09:38 -0700, metrix007@yahoo.com (JoshB) wrote: >Jane Davitt <jdavitt01@rogers.com> wrote in message news:<3EF37DE1.8030209@rogers.com>... >> Ken Arromdee wrote: >> >> > >> > >> > Lilah has her soul, your standard vampire doesn't. >> >> Does she? Isn't that someone else's now? >> >> Jane > >thats a great point....it belongs to W&H right? > >I wish they would explore this more....it could give some definition >of what it really is too be a vampire with a soul, and souls in >general. > >A human without a soul would be a great contrast to a vamp with a >soul..maybe it will be epxlored more in S5? We did, of course, have an entire episode about a human without a soul back in season one of Angel. -- I have a theory It could be bunnies