FLM films - My Webpage

2003-03-19 21:41:27-08:00 - dumb-ass war coverage! (Orpheus spoilers) - (busyba@yahoo.com)

With just a few minutes to go, NYC's WB cuts away from Angel to show "breaking news" about the stupid war. They had absolutely nothing of substance to say that couldn't have waited a few minutes or been presented as a crawl at the bottom of the screen (they *do* have all that black space from the letterboxing). Like if I want news coverage of anything I'm gonna go to the W-freakin-B to get it??? That's what I have CNN for, or even ABC. So two questions: 1) Anybody have a phone number for the NYC WB affiliate so I can let them know that they are morons? 2) What happened after Faith and Angel come back into the hotel lobby after their chat. The last thing I got to see was a chastised Connor saying to Gunn "I get it, I screwed up". *sigh* This war better end before sweeps....

2003-03-20 00:45:00-05:00 - Re: dumb-ass war coverage! (Orpheus spoilers) - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

I don't mean to pick on you but geeze, does ANYONE read this group before posting? What you've said has been posted countless times already and people have responded with synopsis and even full transcripts of the last 5 minutes. I even just got done posting a link where people on fast connections can download the whole episode. On 19 Mar 2003 21:41:27 -0800, busyba@yahoo.com (Bob) wrote: >With just a few minutes to go, NYC's WB cuts away from Angel to show >"breaking news" about the stupid war. They had absolutely nothing of >substance to say that couldn't have waited a few minutes or been >presented as a crawl at the bottom of the screen (they *do* have all >that black space from the letterboxing). > >Like if I want news coverage of anything I'm gonna go to the >W-freakin-B to get it??? That's what I have CNN for, or even ABC. > >So two questions: > >1) Anybody have a phone number for the NYC WB affiliate so I can let >them know that they are morons? > >2) What happened after Faith and Angel come back into the hotel lobby >after their chat. The last thing I got to see was a chastised Connor >saying to Gunn "I get it, I screwed up". ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes) email: egk-nospam-@hotmail.com

2003-03-20 05:47:51+00:00 - Re: dumb-ass war coverage! (Orpheus spoilers) - (JustMe <whome@nospam.com>)

"Bob" <busyba@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:be82888b.0303192141.2a4e1c5d@posting.google.com... > With just a few minutes to go, NYC's WB cuts away from Angel to show > "breaking news" about the stupid war. They had absolutely nothing of > substance to say that couldn't have waited a few minutes or been > presented as a crawl at the bottom of the screen (they *do* have all > that black space from the letterboxing). > > Like if I want news coverage of anything I'm gonna go to the > W-freakin-B to get it??? That's what I have CNN for, or even ABC. > > So two questions: > > 1) Anybody have a phone number for the NYC WB affiliate so I can let > them know that they are morons? > > 2) What happened after Faith and Angel come back into the hotel lobby > after their chat. The last thing I got to see was a chastised Connor > saying to Gunn "I get it, I screwed up". > > > > *sigh* This war better end before sweeps.... Myself and others have posted what happened in the last few minutes.

2003-03-20 08:06:13-08:00 - Re: dumb-ass war coverage! (Orpheus spoilers) - (busyba@yahoo.com)

EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<p7li7v409eg8egkgphufonthdbjtl29rse@4ax.com>... > I don't mean to pick on you but geeze, does ANYONE read this group before > posting? What you've said has been posted countless times already and > people have responded with synopsis and even full transcripts of the last 5 > minutes. I even just got done posting a link where people on fast > connections can download the whole episode. Yeah, but A) I read on Google so there's a delay and 2) I wanted to vent. So I'm human after all... what a disappointment.

2003-03-20 12:57:36-05:00 - Re: dumb-ass war coverage! (Orpheus spoilers) - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On 20 Mar 2003 08:06:13 -0800, busyba@yahoo.com (Bob) wrote: >EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<p7li7v409eg8egkgphufonthdbjtl29rse@4ax.com>... >> I don't mean to pick on you but geeze, does ANYONE read this group before >> posting? What you've said has been posted countless times already and >> people have responded with synopsis and even full transcripts of the last 5 >> minutes. I even just got done posting a link where people on fast >> connections can download the whole episode. > >Yeah, but > >A) I read on Google so there's a delay > >and > >2) I wanted to vent. > > >So I'm human after all... what a disappointment. haha. I said I didnt mean to pick on you. I was just venting at the steady stream of people starting new threads saying exactly the same thing. I wondered if they were seeing all the people who were replying to it. I didn't mind the venting. I'd have probably been pissed too if my affiliate had cut out like that. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes) email: egk-nospam-@hotmail.com

2003-03-20 14:55:04-06:00 - Re: dumb-ass war coverage! (Orpheus spoilers) - (Estron <estron@tfs.net>)

Previously on alt.tv.angel, Bob wrote: > 1) Anybody have a phone number for the NYC WB affiliate so I can let > them know that they are morons? > 2) What happened after Faith and Angel come back into the hotel lobby > after their chat. The last thing I got to see was a chastised Connor > saying to Gunn "I get it, I screwed up". Look, everyone! The last guy on the Internet who never heard of Google! It took me a couple mouse clicks to locate the Web site for WPIX-TV, which is http://www.wb11.com. And that site gives the address and phone number for the station: WPIX-TV, WB11 220 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017 Phone: (212) 949-1100 Now, if the name "Google" still sticks in your brain, you can use it to search this very newsgroup for messages that contain the actual transcript for the last few minutes. -- All opinions expressed are only that. Pax vobiscum. estron@tfs.net Kansas City, Missouri