FLM films - My Webpage

2003-07-16 02:38:31+00:00 - Season 5 predictions. - (Peter Morris <nosp@m.please>)

Not really a spoiler, since this is just guesswork, but if I don't put a spoiler space in, somebody will complain. v v v v v v v v v v v v * Spike returns as a human. (okay, not much of a prediction, we already know this) * He reverts to the name 'William' (just don't call him Bill), tries to live a normal life, and doesn't want to get involved with AI. But AI need his help, and won't leave him alone. * Further hints that Fred is a closet gay, She will be confused by her feelings for the new female lead. but she wont go full Willow - this season. * Principal Wood shows up, still looking for revenge on William. * An adopted child named Connor comes looking for his natural parents. * Minor plot arc (in flashback) exploring the Cecily/Halfrek connection. * William starts writing poetry again. * Death of a major character - probably Wesley. * William gets revamped - back to evil Spike. * Guest appearance from Kate Locksley. * A new Slayer repeatedly tries to kill Angel. ("He's a vampire, he works for W&H and you say he isn't evil? Yeah, right.") * In the final shot of the season, Cordy wakes up. What are your predictions?

2003-07-16 04:25:59+00:00 - Re: Season 5 predictions. - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <bf2dr6$ra2$1@hercules.btinternet.com>, Peter Morris <nosp@m.please> wrote: > Not really a spoiler, since this is just guesswork, but > if I don't put a spoiler space in, somebody will complain. > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > * Spike returns as a human. (okay, not much > of a prediction, we already know this) Actually, James is on the record as saying that Joss better not do this very thing. and since becoming human could take away his super strength etc (like Angel in season one), it's not likely to happen. > > * Further hints that Fred is a closet gay, doubtful. > > * Principal Wood shows up, still looking for revenge on > William. even more doubtful > > * An adopted child named Connor comes looking > for his natural parents. > there is nothing to suggest that Connor is, or thinks, he is adopted. if anything we would find out that the spell did nothing for his gifts and he is still a kick ass vamp fighter. and he goes looking for a reason why and ends up at either Angel or Spike's door. My vote is Spike. it would drive Angel nuts if Spike and Connor became the vamp fighting Batman and Robin of LA. > * Minor plot arc (in flashback) exploring the Cecily/Halfrek > connection. > > * William starts writing poetry again. both completely not likely > > * Death of a major character - probably Wesley. > > * William gets revamped - back to evil Spike. > > * Guest appearance from Kate Locksley. so unlikely that I'm not sure why I am replying to them. > > * A new Slayer repeatedly tries to kill Angel. ("He's a > vampire, he works for W&H and you say he isn't evil? > Yeah, right.") perhaps possible. > > * In the final shot of the season, Cordy wakes up. > this is the only thing that might happen. Although another likely is that Connor's memory is restored. or both.

2003-07-16 09:40:25+00:00 - Re: Season 5 predictions. - (AE Jabbour <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net>)

Peter Morris <nosp@m.please> wrote: > Not really a spoiler, since this is just guesswork, but > if I don't put a spoiler space in, somebody will complain. > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > * Spike returns as a human. (okay, not much > of a prediction, we already know this) We do? What memo did I miss? > * He reverts to the name 'William' (just don't > call him Bill), tries to live a normal life, and doesn't > want to get involved with AI. But AI need his help, > and won't leave him alone. Exactly what help would AI need from a human William? He doesn't have strength, he has never been much with the research, and he pretty much defines the I in Team. What help do they need from him? Oh, maybe he can go and terrorize Harmony. Oh wait, she could kick his ass. Scratch that. > * Further hints that Fred is a closet gay, She will > be confused by her feelings for the new female lead. > but she wont go full Willow - this season. Umm ... as much as I would enjoy watching Fred and some as yet unnamed female character smooch it out every week, I really don't think this is going to happen. Actually, I would bet money that it won't. > * Principal Wood shows up, still looking for revenge on > William. Why would he? > * An adopted child named Connor comes looking > for his natural parents. I have no idea how they will integrate Connor. I am hoping that if he shows, it will be in tiny little moments at the end of an episode or two, at most. His story is done. > * Minor plot arc (in flashback) exploring the Cecily/Halfrek > connection. Why? > * William starts writing poetry again. Oh, good lord. If that happens, I will definitely stop watching. I couldn't take it. > * Death of a major character - probably Wesley. I doubt it. They have had Wes be tortured, have his throat slit, be forced to decapitate his lover's corpse, almost get blown to bits in an explosion, ... etc. At this point, why kill him? > * William gets revamped - back to evil Spike. If that happened, I would probably cheer, although it would really be an act of desperation on the part of the writers. But I'd still cheer. > * Guest appearance from Kate Locksley. I doubt it. I pray every day for her return, and there doesn't seem to be anyone listening. > * A new Slayer repeatedly tries to kill Angel. ("He's a > vampire, he works for W&H and you say he isn't evil? > Yeah, right.") I hope that they simply ignore that ridiculous plot development from "Chosen". It really is the best course. > * In the final shot of the season, Cordy wakes up. Possibly. > What are your predictions? My predictions are ... hmm. Well, I think that the show might be a lot more metaphysical next year. I have no idea how that would be accomplished, but given the starting point, it's just a feeling I have. I think that Spike's integration will be troublesome. I am hoping it won't be, but I think it will be. I think that, depending on how many episodes she appears in, Harmony could be extremely grating. I loved her slap fight with Xander, but, honestly, a little Harm goes a VERY long way. I think that, even with the addition of this Eve character, the show will be horribly unbalanced as to gender. It's basically Fred holding up the estrogen banner, and she's so darned tiny. Really, when it comes right down to it, I have no idea where they are going with next season. I don't have a clue. And I like that feeling. I just hope that their destination is a place I want to visit. -- AE Jabbour "Angel, it wasn't for her. It's because I trust you. Well, more than three gun-toting maniacs at any rate." Wesley Wyndham-Price

2003-07-16 12:43:23+00:00 - Re: Season 5 predictions. - (Peter Morris <nosp@m.please>)

"AE Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message news:bf36i9$a5rjp$1@ID-137314.news.uni-berlin.de... > Peter Morris <nosp@m.please> wrote: > > Not really a spoiler, since this is just guesswork, but > > if I don't put a spoiler space in, somebody will complain. > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > * Spike returns as a human. (okay, not much > > of a prediction, we already know this) > > We do? What memo did I miss? Well, its been repeated so often, I thought it was more or less an established fact. Plus, there is the prediction that the vampire with a soul will regain his mortality, this seems to refer to Spike, probably. Unless there's a THIRD vampire with a soul. > > * He reverts to the name 'William' (just don't > > call him Bill), tries to live a normal life, and doesn't > > want to get involved with AI. But AI need his help, > > and won't leave him alone. > > Exactly what help would AI need from a human William? > He doesn't have strength, he has never been much with the > research, and he pretty much defines the I in Team. What > help do they need from him? Oh, maybe he can go and > terrorize Harmony. Oh wait, she could kick his ass. > Scratch that. > > > * Further hints that Fred is a closet gay, She will > > be confused by her feelings for the new female lead. > > but she wont go full Willow - this season. > > Umm ... as much as I would enjoy watching Fred and some > as yet unnamed female character smooch it out every > week, I really don't think this is going to happen. As I said, she wont go full Willow. > Actually, I would bet money that it won't. > > > * Principal Wood shows up, still looking for revenge on > > William. > > Why would he? Erm, because Spike killed his mother. Because he's spent most of his life looking for Spike for revenge. Because he hates Spike. Because he want's his Mom's leather jacket returneed. Why WOULDN'T he?

2003-07-16 16:14:24+00:00 - Re: Season 5 predictions. - (Bingus <bingus@netspace.net.au-nospam->)

"Peter Morris" <nosp@m.please> wrote in news:bf3h9a$fkb$1 @hercules.btinternet.com: > > "AE Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:bf36i9$a5rjp$1@ID-137314.news.uni-berlin.de... >> Peter Morris <nosp@m.please> wrote: >> > Not really a spoiler, since this is just guesswork, but >> > if I don't put a spoiler space in, somebody will complain. >> > >> > v >> > >> > v >> > >> > v >> > >> > v >> > >> > v >> > >> > v >> > >> > v >> > >> > v >> > >> > v >> > >> > v >> > >> > v >> > >> > v >> > >> > * Further hints that Fred is a closet gay, She will >> > be confused by her feelings for the new female lead. >> > but she wont go full Willow - this season. >> >> Umm ... as much as I would enjoy watching Fred and some >> as yet unnamed female character smooch it out every >> week, I really don't think this is going to happen. > > As I said, she wont go full Willow. I think I am over the whole "good looking geek turns out to be lesbian" storyline. Bingus

2003-07-16 19:38:28+00:00 - Re: Season 5 predictions. - (Colin <colinsand@nospam.btopenworld.com>)

"Peter Morris" <nosp@m.please> wrote in message news:bf2dr6$ra2$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > Not really a spoiler, since this is just guesswork, but > if I don't put a spoiler space in, somebody will complain. > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > > v > >> > What are your predictions? Spike will not be a male Slayer or human but will be either his usual ensouled vampire self or an evil vampire or supernatural in some wacky way we couldn't possibly dream of I noticed you haven't mentioned Gunn. I think he will change in a big way, not sure how, but what he saw in the white room will have changed his character big time. He is also my number one suspect to get killed off this season. Gwen will return in some way maybe to consult with AI/W+H in some way, probably to steal something. Connor is gone and I don't think he will appear in this season at all.. Wesley and Fred will get together. Cordelia will either ascend permenantly to be come a real PTB, or will die. Angelus will return. A Slayer or Slayers will cause trouble, possibly bringing along Buffy and Faith for an episode or two. Anyway that's just my rambling guess work Colin

2003-07-17 02:58:58+00:00 - Re: Season 5 predictions. - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <bf3h9a$fkb$1@hercules.btinternet.com>, Peter Morris <nosp@m.please> wrote: > "AE Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:bf36i9$a5rjp$1@ID-137314.news.uni-berlin.de... > > Peter Morris <nosp@m.please> wrote: > > > Not really a spoiler, since this is just guesswork, but > > > if I don't put a spoiler space in, somebody will complain. > > > > > > v > > > > > > v > > > > > > v > > > > > > v > > > > > > v > > > > > > v > > > > > > v > > > > > > v > > > > > > v > > > > > > v > > > > > > v > > > > > > v > > > > > > * Spike returns as a human. (okay, not much > > > of a prediction, we already know this) > > > > We do? What memo did I miss? > > Well, its been repeated so often, I thought it was > more or less an established fact. Plus, there is the prediction > that the vampire with a soul will regain his mortality, this > seems to refer to Spike, probably. Unless there's a THIRD > vampire with a soul. or maybe it's about Angel. > > > > > * Principal Wood shows up, still looking for revenge on > > > William. > > > > Why would he? > > Erm, because Spike killed his mother. Because he's spent > most of his life looking for Spike for revenge. Because > he hates Spike. Because he want's his Mom's leather jacket > returneed. > > Why WOULDN'T he? he had several chances. if he really wanted Spike dead then he would have done it. a crossbow from the shadows works really well. and can't be done without the victim having a clue about what is about to happen

2003-07-17 03:03:45+00:00 - Re: Season 5 predictions. - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <bf49jk$p72$1@hercules.btinternet.com>, Colin <colinsand@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote: > "Peter Morris" <nosp@m.please> wrote in message > news:bf2dr6$ra2$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > > Not really a spoiler, since this is just guesswork, but > > if I don't put a spoiler space in, somebody will complain. > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > >> > > What are your predictions? > > Spike will not be a male Slayer or human but will be either his usual > ensouled vampire self the most likely > > I noticed you haven't mentioned Gunn. I think he will change in a big way, > not sure how, but what he saw in the white room will have changed his > character big time. that was said in the article. the how is all we have to figure out > > Gwen will return in some way maybe to consult with AI/W+H in some way, > probably to steal something. possibly > > Connor is gone and I don't think he will appear in this season at all.. you lose. he is confirmed from the opening ep. and from what Vincent said to his PA at the Starfury convention (she's a close friend of mine) there could be 2-3 more appearances. > A Slayer or Slayers will cause trouble, possibly bringing along Buffy and > Faith for an episode or two. Sarah wanted away from Buffy and despite her comments about doing a guest spot sometime, I doubt it will be anytime soon (if all). Eliza is filming her own show at the moment and it's not very nice to start bashing it and predicting its end before the season start.

2003-07-18 19:15:20+00:00 - Re: Season 5 predictions. - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <7j6chvcbmhfgu0s81no4svaa966nroapda@4ax.com>, Alicat <isalicat@ev1.net> wrote: > On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 03:03:45 GMT, PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> > wrote: > > >In article <bf49jk$p72$1@hercules.btinternet.com>, Colin > ><colinsand@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote: > > > >> "Peter Morris" <nosp@m.please> wrote in message > >> news:bf2dr6$ra2$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > >> > Not really a spoiler, since this is just guesswork, but > >> > if I don't put a spoiler space in, somebody will complain. > >> > > >> > v > >> > > >> > v > >> > > >> > v > >> > > >> > v > >> > > >> > v > >> > > >> > v > >> > > >> > v > >> > > >> > v > >> > > >> > v > >> > > >> > v > >> > > >> > v > >> > > >> > v > >> > > >> >> > I couldn't care less as long as Gunn and that cool cat (the black > leopard or whatever it was) merge somehow - mmmm, sexy beast! I don't > think he is going to turn into a little kid, right? no, but J says that they aren't going to be so anal about the shaved head anymore. I can't wait to see him with a bit of hair, but it's going to be weird for a while. > >> > >> Gwen will return in some way maybe to consult with AI/W+H in some way, > >> probably to steal something. > > > >possibly > > Since she hasn't been mentioned in any of the spoiler press releases, > I would guess Gwen isn't returning - don't these agents/actresses need > lots of advance notice if its going to be a recurring role? Not really. And even if she got it, doesn't mean that we would hear about it. > With all the cast bloat that has already been > announced, There really isn't that much cast bloat at all. We had Angel, Fred, Lorne, Gunn, Wesley, Cordy and Connor. Now we keep Angel, Fred, Lorne, Gunn, Wesley, drop Cordy and Connor from full status (the two of them together with Harmony might equal one full time members screen time give or take) and add Spike. So we're pretty much the same as before, just with different faces

2003-07-21 22:22:45+00:00 - Re: Season 5 predictions. - (Peter Morris <nosp@m.please>)

"Colin" <colinsand@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:bf49jk$p72$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > > "Peter Morris" <nosp@m.please> wrote in message > news:bf2dr6$ra2$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > > Not really a spoiler, since this is just guesswork, but > > if I don't put a spoiler space in, somebody will complain. > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > > v > > > >> > > What are your predictions? > > Spike will not be a male Slayer or human but will be either his usual > ensouled vampire self or an evil vampire or supernatural in some wacky way > we couldn't possibly dream of > > I noticed you haven't mentioned Gunn. Alright, he will team up with electric girl, and declare himself to be a "Gunn for hire"