FLM films - My Webpage

2003-03-20 00:05:14-05:00 - alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer - (Quentin Ramsay <qmanthegreat@sympatico.ca>)

I know I probably shouldn't be asking this but when I go into "alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer" to try and get the new angel episode I get a bunch of writing that looks like gibberish to me, is there something wrong with how i'm viewing it or is this the way to get the episode. Someone help please Ididn't even get to see any of it.

2003-03-20 00:14:54-05:00 - Re: alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer - ("Mathew R. Ignash" <mathewignash@comcast.net>)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 00:05:14 -0500, "Quentin Ramsay" wrote: > I know I probably shouldn't be asking this but when I go into > "alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer" to try and get the new angel > episode I get a bunch of writing that looks like gibberish to me, is there > something wrong with how i'm viewing it or is this the way to get the > episode. Someone help please Ididn't even get to see any of it. Yes, that is the code that your usenet client is supposed to join and translate into the video file. What usenet client software are you using? -- Mathew Homepage - http://mathew.fcpages.com/ Angel web site - http://angel.fcpages.com/

2003-03-20 00:16:42-05:00 - Re: alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 00:05:14 -0500, "Quentin Ramsay" <qmanthegreat@sympatico.ca> wrote: >I know I probably shouldn't be asking this but when I go into >"alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer" to try and get the new angel >episode I get a bunch of writing that looks like gibberish to me, is there >something wrong with how i'm viewing it or is this the way to get the >episode. Someone help please Ididn't even get to see any of it. Go to www.timdoc.com It's a primer on downloading from usnet. You most likely need a different newsreader that can make sense of the binary files. You're probably seeing the binary as text. Outlook express for instance is worthless for binaries. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes) email: egk-nospam-@hotmail.com

2003-03-20 05:45:07+00:00 - Re: alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer - (jsoto46233@aol.comexegesis)

2003-03-20 06:07:22+00:00 - Re: alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer - (Rick S <rick-sam@shaw.ca>)

jsoto46233@aol.comexegesis (JSoto46233) wrote in news:20030320004507.05035.00000158@mb-cr.aol.com: >>I know I probably shouldn't be asking this but when I go into >>"alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer" to try and get the new angel >>episode I get a bunch of writing that looks like gibberish to me, is >>there something wrong with how i'm viewing it or is this the way to >>get the episode. Someone help please Ididn't even get to see any of >>it. >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > Ge yourself "Newsbin". You can download it for free plus a crack via > Kazaa. Or Xnews which is also free but doesn't need a crack. -- Rick S. Calgary, Alberta rick-sam@shaw.ca

2003-03-20 06:27:38+00:00 - Re: alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <S1cea.2026$DA4.293955@news20.bellglobal.com>, Quentin Ramsay <qmanthegreat@sympatico.ca> wrote: > I know I probably shouldn't be asking this but when I go into > "alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer" to try and get the new angel > episode I get a bunch of writing that looks like gibberish to me, is there > something wrong with how i'm viewing it or is this the way to get the > episode. Someone help please Ididn't even get to see any of it. i'm betting that you are using Netscape or some other newsreader that can't handle binary files. so it tries to display it as text. you can do one of a couple of things 1. go get a newsreader that can handle binary files. try www.shareware.com or www.download.com. I use a mac and I got thoth off versiontracker.com. you might search to see if there's a windows version (if you are using windows. 2. go to www.easynews.com and sign up for the 3 day trial. i recommend that you use internet explorer as your browser for this option. use option one if you think you'll do this alot. use option 2 if your current plan is just to get orpheus cause it was cut off for you. there is enough space alloted by easynews that you can get the ep in vcd or svcd. either way you'll need a copy of winrar or macrar depending on your system. cause what you will get is a set of files that has a .par file, a .rar file and a bunch of rXX files. or a bunch of numbered .rar files and a par file, depending on the encoders software. these are the sections of the file and you have to rejoin them.