FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-05 18:56:05-08:00 - Re: So is Angel moving to Weds? - (Coconut <nospam@nospam.net>)

"Clem Clambake" <Clem_Clambake@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:BfWcnURQzs_JeYWjXTWcow@theshop.net... > What happened, it perform too well on Sundays? > > Clem Clambake > > New episodes begin 1/15/03 (Weds) I believe. Can someone confirm this? I think it is being moved because Birds of Prey was cancelled and the slot is open. Probably more important for the network to fill Wednesday than Sunday, I guess.

2003-01-05 20:05:10-06:00 - So is Angel moving to Weds? - (Clem Clambake <Clem_Clambake@hotmail.com>)

What happened, it perform too well on Sundays? Clem Clambake

2003-01-05 21:43:04-07:00 - Re: So is Angel moving to Weds? - (William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com>)

"Clem Clambake" <Clem_Clambake@hotmail.com> wrote: >What happened, it perform too well on Sundays? The conspiracy theorists among us tend to suspect that's the reason. -- I have a theory It could be bunnies

2003-01-06 16:49:22+00:00 - Re: So is Angel moving to Weds? - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <v1hrvmg8ak3c7f@corp.supernews.com>, "Coconut" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote: > "Clem Clambake" <Clem_Clambake@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:BfWcnURQzs_JeYWjXTWcow@theshop.net... > > What happened, it perform too well on Sundays? > > > > Clem Clambake > > > > > > > New episodes begin 1/15/03 (Weds) I believe. Can someone confirm this? You are correct. > I > think it is being moved because Birds of Prey was cancelled and the slot is > open. Probably more important for the network to fill Wednesday than > Sunday, I guess. You are somewhat correct. (coming from insider knowledge of how nets play the ratings game and several articles in the trades) The network feels that there is enough lead-in on Sundays with the Everwood/Smallville repeats etc that they can pretty much put anything on after Charmed and it will perform well (as long as it isn't a totally shitty show). Also, they feel that Angel has a solid audience that in the past 3 years (with 3 moves) has proven that it will follow the show wherever it goes. Birds of Prey bombed and Dawson's Creek is almost certain to end this season. This means that the WB would end of with two new shows on Wednesday. Not a smooth thing to do given what it would be up against. But if they can put a show that does perform well on that night, it can anchor the night. Thus they move Angel, because it fits the need. We'll see if the gamble pays off or not. Even if it doesn't, I don't think it is going to spell doom for the show. Even if it did, UPN would likely grab it in a flash.

2003-01-07 18:12:46-05:00 - Re: So is Angel moving to Weds? - ("Benjamin F. Elliott" <bfelliott@comcast.net>)

"Jen" <pvdtree@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:QaHS9.1041$mg1.63617@news1.east.cox.net... > Those of us in Providence (and most of) Rhode Island just lost our WB > affiliate in favor of Home Shopping Network thanks to Evil Cox > Communications, our cable affiliate. Does anyone out there know when we can > see Angel on the UPN network? The cable people haven't been very helpful... > Your UPN station *is* your WB station. WLWC 28 is UPN and WB. They probably convinced Cox to drop the old WB affiliate to favor their station. The Sunday programming is airing at the WB network times since UPN doesn't program Sundays. (The early Sunday shows from 5 to 7PM Sunday are not airing, but they are same week reruns.) The WB Kids programming does not seem to be on this station. You might want to check another station for the cartoons. As for weeknight prime time programming. 7th Heaven - Monday 10PM Everwood - Tuesday 10PM Birds Of Prey - Wednesday 10PM (probably Dawson's Creek most weeks) Birds Of Prey - Thursday 10PM (check listings next week - this is probably Angel's new time slot in your area) Reba/Greetings From Tucson - Friday 10PM High School Reunion - Saturday 6PM (rerun of Sunday airing) The Surreal Life (2 episodes) - Saturday 7PM What I Like About You - Saturday 8PM Sabrina - Saturday 8:30PM Smallville - Saturday 9PM (probably Gilmore Girls most weeks) Smallville - Saturday 10PM Hope this helps. Benjamin F. Elliott http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho/ --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.437 / Virus Database: 245 - Release Date: 01/06/2003

2003-01-07 20:57:20+00:00 - Re: So is Angel moving to Weds? - (Jen <pvdtree@hotmail.com>)

Those of us in Providence (and most of) Rhode Island just lost our WB affiliate in favor of Home Shopping Network thanks to Evil Cox Communications, our cable affiliate. Does anyone out there know when we can see Angel on the UPN network? The cable people haven't been very helpful... Grrr. Jennifer "Hambo" <hambo!nospam@nospam.actewagl.net.au> wrote in message news:3e198249@news.comindico.com.au... > People living downunder (i hate that term) know that its moving to > wednesdays (early thursday "aussie" time). > > How else are we ment to get it from KaZaA?? > > Snoochy Bootchys > > P.S. www.tvtome.com has some good spoilers for the next 4 or so episodes of > Buffy and Angel > > "William George Ferguson" <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com> wrote in message > news:h92i1vsschdl8ku2unbkprnia3kadu8t4r@4ax.com... > > "Clem Clambake" <Clem_Clambake@hotmail.com> wrote: > > >What happened, it perform too well on Sundays? > > > > The conspiracy theorists among us tend to suspect that's the reason. > > > > > > -- > > I have a theory > > It could be bunnies > >

2003-01-11 00:56:43+00:00 - Re: So is Angel moving to Weds? - (Jen <pvdtree@hotmail.com>)

Thanks, actually the TV Guide says Angel is on Fridays at 10, and I called the cable company to confirm. Luckily, this time i got an actual fan of Angel. Jen "Benjamin F. Elliott" <bfelliott@comcast.net> wrote in message news:avfmtf$f2lk6$1@ID-152677.news.dfncis.de... > "Jen" <pvdtree@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:QaHS9.1041$mg1.63617@news1.east.cox.net... > > Those of us in Providence (and most of) Rhode Island just lost our WB > > affiliate in favor of Home Shopping Network thanks to Evil Cox > > Communications, our cable affiliate. Does anyone out there know when we > can > > see Angel on the UPN network? The cable people haven't been very > helpful... > > > Your UPN station *is* your WB station. WLWC 28 is UPN and WB. They probably > convinced Cox to drop the old WB affiliate to favor their station. > > The Sunday programming is airing at the WB network times since UPN doesn't > program Sundays. (The early Sunday shows from 5 to 7PM Sunday are not > airing, but they are same week reruns.) The WB Kids programming does not > seem to be on this station. You might want to check another station for the > cartoons. > > As for weeknight prime time programming. > > 7th Heaven - Monday 10PM > Everwood - Tuesday 10PM > Birds Of Prey - Wednesday 10PM (probably Dawson's Creek most weeks) > Birds Of Prey - Thursday 10PM (check listings next week - this is probably > Angel's new time slot in your area) > Reba/Greetings From Tucson - Friday 10PM > High School Reunion - Saturday 6PM (rerun of Sunday airing) > The Surreal Life (2 episodes) - Saturday 7PM > What I Like About You - Saturday 8PM > Sabrina - Saturday 8:30PM > Smallville - Saturday 9PM (probably Gilmore Girls most weeks) > Smallville - Saturday 10PM > > Hope this helps. > > Benjamin F. Elliott > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho/ > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > Version: 6.0.437 / Virus Database: 245 - Release Date: 01/06/2003 > >