FLM films - My Webpage

2002-11-17 21:49:19-07:00 - Rain of Fire - Random Comments - spoilers - (William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com>)

I really didn't want it to go where the last scene did, but still a good ep. Gavin has very firmly taken over Lilah's duties as W&H butt monkey. So there's a direct Connor/Beast link of some kind, I didn't see that coming. They might want to call up Sunnydale and borrow Buffy's rocket launcher. I feel vindicated (not that everyone here couldn't see this coming), Fred still feels she killed the professor, and now also feels she's responsible for Gunn doing it. So, Lilah dresses like Fred, and Fred cleans up and dresses grown-up. Well, Lilah comes out the most intelligent in this go-round, she's the only one not going off half-cocked and launching a physical attack without knowing what they were up against. Next week we see Pylea again, right? I mean, Over the Rainbow, No place like... -- I have a theory It could be bunnies

2002-11-18 04:35:23-06:00 - Re: Rain of Fire - Random Comments - spoilers - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness. William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com> wrote in <0hogtu8hpofmvu2qn79jvssgu8p4fpphn4@4ax.com>: > I really didn't want it to go where the last scene did, but still a > good ep. > I'm right there with you. > Gavin has very firmly taken over Lilah's duties as W&H butt monkey. And doing a better job at it than Lilah ever did. > > So there's a direct Connor/Beast link of some kind, I didn't see that > coming. > Well, at least they haven't forgotten about Connor's unusual origin. Hopefully they'll eventually explain it as well. > I feel vindicated (not that everyone here couldn't see this coming), > Fred still feels she killed the professor, and now also feels she's > responsible for Gunn doing it. This was good to see but Fred and Gunn's relationship is likely toast. They were to cutesy as a couple anyway. > > So, Lilah dresses like Fred, and Fred cleans up and dresses grown-up. Very stimulating. > > Well, Lilah comes out the most intelligent in this go-round, she's the > only one not going off half-cocked and launching a physical attack > without knowing what they were up against. I would have liked to see her at least get on the intercom or call a meeting to make some sort of announcement, "There has been an unscheduled apocalypse...." -- "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" -- Winifred Burkle Roberto Castillo castillo@enteract.com http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2002-11-18 08:18:12+00:00 - Re: Rain of Fire - Random Comments - spoilers - (Julie Carrigon <carrigon@NOSPAMmindspring.com>)

"William George Ferguson" <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:0hogtu8hpofmvu2qn79jvssgu8p4fpphn4@4ax.com... > I really didn't want it to go where the last scene did, but still a > good ep. > > Gavin has very firmly taken over Lilah's duties as W&H butt monkey. > > So there's a direct Connor/Beast link of some kind, I didn't see that > coming. > > They might want to call up Sunnydale and borrow Buffy's rocket > launcher. > > I feel vindicated (not that everyone here couldn't see this coming), > Fred still feels she killed the professor, and now also feels she's > responsible for Gunn doing it. > > So, Lilah dresses like Fred, and Fred cleans up and dresses grown-up. > > Well, Lilah comes out the most intelligent in this go-round, she's the > only one not going off half-cocked and launching a physical attack > without knowing what they were up against. > > Next week we see Pylea again, right? I mean, Over the Rainbow, No > place like... > > > -- > I have a theory > It could be bunnies > I have mixed feelings about this ep. I really liked the demon. I liked the makeup/costume and even his voice. He was just so kewl. During the whole fight scene, I kept wishing Buffy was there to fight it. She always seems to fight monsters that are much more comical and lite. This one was very dark. As for the rest of the ep, I don't know. I thought the entire Cordy/Connor thing was bizarre. First of all, it was really kind of dumb that they went alone to look for the demon. I thought Cordy's character felt "off" the entire ep. It just didn't feel like her somehow. And the reason she gave for having sex with Connor was just stupid. That whole, "the world is ending, we must screw" excuse, just didn't work. Wes and Lilah's bizarre sex life, not sure we needed to see that. Lilah was hysterical in that outfit, but still, was it necessary for us to actually see it? Fred and Gunn, not sure their relationship problems make much sense either. So Gunn killed the guy. He deserved it. It's not like Gunn killed an innocent here. So, Fred's mad cause she didn't get to do it? Dumb. Angel and Connor's relationship, all of a sudden they're buddies now? That's what it felt like. And Cordy's reasons for staying away from Angel, just didn't feel right. She's know for years about his past. It shouldn't change a thing. All of a sudden she just can't be with him cause his past was thrown in her face. I just didn't like it. I don't know, this whole ep felt off. I loved the demon and the fight scene. But I think that's really all I loved about the ep. And Lorne. He can just do no wrong. He's great. Carrigon -- http://www.mindspring.com/~carrigon/tips.html Carrigon's Sims Tips, Tricks, Cheats <(���������)> @>---

2002-11-18 11:20:15-05:00 - Re: Rain of Fire - Random Comments - spoilers - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@yahoo.com>)

"Julie Carrigon" <carrigon@NOSPAMmindspring.com> wrote in message news:8n1C9.4491$%32.419473@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > "William George Ferguson" <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com> wrote in message > news:0hogtu8hpofmvu2qn79jvssgu8p4fpphn4@4ax.com... Snip Fred and Gunn, not sure their relationship problems make much sense > either. So Gunn killed the guy. Fred was just going to force the professor to jump into the portal. An eye for an eye. He would have had as much of a chance at a future as she did. He deserved it. It's not like Gunn killed > an innocent here. It was a huge judgement call. Gunn didn't know for sure what the professor had done, if anything, he was simply taking Fred's word for it. Pretty slim evidence to snap a man's neck on. Even if Gunn knew for a fact the professor did what he did Fred wasn't going to kill him. If anything Gunn should have intervened on the professor's behalf, for no other reason than trying to figure out what other students were missing and where they had gone. So, Fred's mad cause she didn't get to do it? Dumb. No, Fred's mad because Gunn intervened where he wasn't wanted. It was her deal and she didn't ask for help. Besides, Gunn has now made Fred an accessory to murder where as before she would have only been guilty of dishing out some nasty vengeance. Shannon>