FLM films - My Webpage

2004-01-23 06:59:29-06:00 - The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

It's conceivable that Lindsay really IS working for The Powers That Be and is really"playing" Eve to save Angel and the Angellettes from the evil clutches of Wolfram & Hart. The whole identity switch could be just to hide himself from the Senior Partners WHEN Spike spills the beans to Angel and crew. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-23 12:34:26-05:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (George Grattan <GGratone@netscape.net>)

Ken from Chicago wrote: > It's conceivable that Lindsay really IS working for The Powers That Be and > is really"playing" Eve to save Angel and the Angellettes from the evil > clutches of Wolfram & Hart. The whole identity switch could be just to hide > himself from the Senior Partners WHEN Spike spills the beans to Angel and > crew. > Yup. I like this possibility. I also like entertaining the possibility that Lindsey's not working for or with the Powers but is nevertheless trying to do "good" and bring W&H and its Senior Partners down permanently. To the extent that Angel has allied himself with those main targets, Lindsey would regard him and his as collateral targets/damage--and, obviously, as excellent means to and end (along with Eve). I would be seriously impressed if ME had the courage to give us a Big Bad in Lindsey who was actually a Big Good, to highlight just how messed-up Angel's bargain with the SPs is. I doubt they'll do either of these, though, and will opt to go with the far more predictable, far less satisfying "Lindsey's back for revenge on Angel and on W&H" shtick. But here's hoping... -- ------- Shalom, Peace, Salaam George

2004-01-23 14:22:17-05:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Baerana <usenet1@baerana.com>)

George Grattan wrote: > I doubt they'll do either of these, though, and will opt to go with the > far more predictable, far less satisfying "Lindsey's back for revenge on > Angel and on W&H" shtick. But here's hoping... I'm sure you are right, but I don't get why Lindsey would want revenge on Angel. Didn't they leave on good terms? Unless Lindsey is pissed that Angel wrote "cops suck" on the back of Lindsey's truck... doesn't seem worth going through all this for. If the writers play this to be Lindsey is trying to get revenge on Angel it'll be pretty silly.

2004-01-23 15:14:36-05:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Morpheus <carterr@miskatonic.edu>)

"Didget" <didget1nospamthanks@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:401167cd$0$214$fa0fcedb@lovejoy.zen.co.uk... > > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message > news:4t2dnRCAd5Auh4zdRVn-jg@comcast.com... > > It's conceivable that Lindsay really IS working for The Powers That Be and > > is really"playing" Eve to save Angel and the Angellettes from the evil > > clutches of Wolfram & Hart. The whole identity switch could be just to > hide > > himself from the Senior Partners WHEN Spike spills the beans to Angel and > > crew. > > > > -- Ken from Chicago > > > > > > Nah... none of that. Seeing Fred with a pearl necklace and a bear > behind!!!!! > > Sorry! %-) > I wonder if the bear's name is Fluffy?

2004-01-23 15:21:47-08:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (reldevik@usa.net)

"Didget" <didget1nospamthanks@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:<401167cd$0$214$fa0fcedb@lovejoy.zen.co.uk>... > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message > news:4t2dnRCAd5Auh4zdRVn-jg@comcast.com... > > It's conceivable that Lindsay really IS working for The Powers That Be and > > is really"playing" Eve to save Angel and the Angellettes from the evil > > clutches of Wolfram & Hart. The whole identity switch could be just to > hide > > himself from the Senior Partners WHEN Spike spills the beans to Angel and > > crew. > > > > -- Ken from Chicago > > > > > > Nah... none of that. Seeing Fred with a pearl necklace and a bear > behind!!!!! --Naah, seeing Wes blow a party squeaker and wax effusive about Spike's "reward." Clairel

2004-01-23 18:31:34+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Didget <didget1nospamthanks@btinternet.com>)

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:4t2dnRCAd5Auh4zdRVn-jg@comcast.com... > It's conceivable that Lindsay really IS working for The Powers That Be and > is really"playing" Eve to save Angel and the Angellettes from the evil > clutches of Wolfram & Hart. The whole identity switch could be just to hide > himself from the Senior Partners WHEN Spike spills the beans to Angel and > crew. > > -- Ken from Chicago > > Nah... none of that. Seeing Fred with a pearl necklace and a bear behind!!!!! Sorry! %-) Didget

2004-01-23 18:34:08-05:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (George Grattan <GGratone@netscape.net>)

Baerana wrote: > George Grattan wrote: > >> I doubt they'll do either of these, though, and will opt to go with >> the far more predictable, far less satisfying "Lindsey's back for >> revenge on Angel and on W&H" shtick. But here's hoping... > > > I'm sure you are right, but I don't get why Lindsey would want revenge > on Angel. Didn't they leave on good terms? They didn't leave on "good" terms, they parted company in a kind of detente. Lindsey had discovered that there were lines he wasn't willing to cross, after all, and Angel discovered that he was willing to let Lindsey see if he could reap the benefits of that discovery, in a manner of speaking. But there's still no love lost between these two, and I could see Lindsey having no concern for Angel's well-being whatsoever. (The man did chop off his hand, and the two of them did beat on each other something fierce.) If Lindsey's decided he's going to take down w&H and the SPs once and for all (perhaps having fully embraced a good side, or at least a better one), he might well view Angel's being associated with them as an added bonus, a way to get a little personal payback and do the right thing at the same time. He might regret some aspects of that, but it's not like the two actually liked each other when they parted company. Unless Lindsey is pissed > that Angel wrote "cops suck" on the back of Lindsey's truck... doesn't > seem worth going through all this for. If the writers play this to be > Lindsey is trying to get revenge on Angel it'll be pretty silly. They'd have to acknowledge that it would be a lot more complex and subtle than a standard "revenge" plot, yes. > -- ------- Shalom, Peace, Salaam George

2004-01-23 18:59:15-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Didget" <didget1nospamthanks@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:401167cd$0$214$fa0fcedb@lovejoy.zen.co.uk... > > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message > news:4t2dnRCAd5Auh4zdRVn-jg@comcast.com... > > It's conceivable that Lindsay really IS working for The Powers That Be and > > is really"playing" Eve to save Angel and the Angellettes from the evil > > clutches of Wolfram & Hart. The whole identity switch could be just to > hide > > himself from the Senior Partners WHEN Spike spills the beans to Angel and > > crew. > > > > -- Ken from Chicago > > > > > > Nah... none of that. Seeing Fred with a pearl necklace and a bear > behind!!!!! > > Sorry! %-) > > Didget ROFLOL! That-that's just wrong. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-23 19:17:15+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Belphoebe <no@mail.com>)

George Grattan wrote: > I doubt they'll do either of these, though, and will opt to go with > the far more predictable, far less satisfying "Lindsey's back for > revenge on Angel and on W&H" shtick. But here's hoping... I was about to start a new thread seeking people's speculation about Lindsey's motives, but this thread seems like a good place for this. If "revenge on Angel" *is* where they're going with this--and that's where it seems to be pointing so far--my question is "Why?" I seem to recall that when they parted company, if they weren't exactly on "good terms," they certainly had reached a truce. I can see Lindsey wanting to seek vengeance against W & H, so I suppose his targeting Angel could make sense if Lindsey sees him as being aligned with "the dark side" (unwittingly or not). But if that's not what's going on, what else might his motive be? (I like the idea of Lindsey being some kind of double-agent Big Good.) -- Belphoebe

2004-01-23 20:17:01-08:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (nardo218@yahoo.com)

sillyman@famous.com wrote in message news:<doa3105pa30jjkvkmd6gji76um23u9n590@4ax.com>... > >AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P > > > Heh . . . that's pretty much what went through my mind too. I thought > it was the best visual pun of the entire series so far. <sigh> Oooookay, here's another sexual pun that I don't get. Please explain? And please say it isn't bondage. Aura

2004-01-23 22:24:20-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Ice Queen" <nardo218@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e7ab6382.0401232017.664729e@posting.google.com... > sillyman@famous.com wrote in message news:<doa3105pa30jjkvkmd6gji76um23u9n590@4ax.com>... > > > >AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P > > > > > > Heh . . . that's pretty much what went through my mind too. I thought > > it was the best visual pun of the entire series so far. > > <sigh> Oooookay, here's another sexual pun that I don't get. Please > explain? And please say it isn't bondage. > > Aura Noooo. You don't want to know. -- Ken from Chicago P.S. If you insist, the color is key.

2004-01-23 22:27:55-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42u310thoc373hsqvncmk0unbpjmg2c14k@4ax.com... > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 06:59:29 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > >It's conceivable that Lindsay really IS working for The Powers That Be and > >is really"playing" Eve to save Angel and the Angellettes from the evil > >clutches of Wolfram & Hart. > > LOL. Only if it was fanfic, or if Joss has gone insane. > > >The whole identity switch could be just to hide > >himself from the Senior Partners WHEN Spike spills the beans to Angel and > >crew. > > No, its to hide him from them NOW. He said as much. > > Why would the fact that Angel knows mean the SPs would. > > If you think Lindsey is the calvary coming to the rescue you'll > believe anything.... > > st > > -- > Bad people are punished by society's law > And good people are punished by murphy's law > GL,DLM Yeah, you're right. It is insane to think a guy who had a history of doing major evil could turn over a new leaf with super powers to atone for his past misdeeds and fight for good. -- Ken from Chicago P.S. Well, at least not twice in one universe.

2004-01-23 23:30:17+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (sillyman@famous.com)

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 09:58:47 +1100, ®Pope-Matthew G© <beach@boys.com> wrote: >>Nah... none of that. Seeing Fred with a pearl necklace and a bear >>behind!!!!! >> >>Sorry! %-) >> >>Didget >> > >AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P Heh . . . that's pretty much what went through my mind too. I thought it was the best visual pun of the entire series so far.

2004-01-24 05:35:01+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (LadyLuck <ladyluck523@hotmail.com>)

"Ice Queen" <nardo218@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e7ab6382.0401232017.664729e@posting.google.com... > sillyman@famous.com wrote in message news:<doa3105pa30jjkvkmd6gji76um23u9n590@4ax.com>... > > > >AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P > > > > > > Heh . . . that's pretty much what went through my mind too. I thought > > it was the best visual pun of the entire series so far. > > <sigh> Oooookay, here's another sexual pun that I don't get. Please > explain? And please say it isn't bondage. > > Aura I didn't get that meaning while watching it. But now I can't rid of the visual. :) I know what the sexual pun is but I'd rather not corrupt young'uns. And no. It's not bondage (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). Are you of age? --Ladyluck

2004-01-24 06:13:47+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (unboundi@aol.com)

2004-01-24 06:35:22+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (sillyman@famous.com)

On 23 Jan 2004 20:17:01 -0800, nardo218@yahoo.com (Ice Queen) wrote: >sillyman@famous.com wrote in message news:<doa3105pa30jjkvkmd6gji76um23u9n590@4ax.com>... > >> >AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P >> >> >> Heh . . . that's pretty much what went through my mind too. I thought >> it was the best visual pun of the entire series so far. > ><sigh> Oooookay, here's another sexual pun that I don't get. Please >explain? And please say it isn't bondage. > >Aura It isn't bondage. Look up the lyrics for the ZZ Top song and you'll probably be able to figure it out on your own.

2004-01-24 07:50:10-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"LadyLuck" <ladyluck523@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9unQb.96205$cM1.17336236@twister.nyc.rr.com... > "Ice Queen" <nardo218@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:e7ab6382.0401232017.664729e@posting.google.com... > > sillyman@famous.com wrote in message > news:<doa3105pa30jjkvkmd6gji76um23u9n590@4ax.com>... > > > > > >AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P > > > > > > > > > Heh . . . that's pretty much what went through my mind too. I thought > > > it was the best visual pun of the entire series so far. > > > > <sigh> Oooookay, here's another sexual pun that I don't get. Please > > explain? And please say it isn't bondage. > > > > Aura > > I didn't get that meaning while watching it. But now I can't rid of the > visual. :) > I know what the sexual pun is but I'd rather not corrupt young'uns. > And no. It's not bondage (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). > Are you of age? > --Ladyluck > > That's just another form contributing to the delinquincy of minors. Shame on you. I'd slap your wriss, but you might like that. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-24 07:51:31-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Unbound I" <unboundi@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040124011347.21852.00000680@mb-m06.aol.com... > >From: "LadyLuck" ladyluck523@hotmail.com > > > >"Ice Queen" <nardo218@yahoo.com> wrote in message > >news:e7ab6382.0401232017.664729e@posting.google.com... > >> sillyman@famous.com wrote in message > >news:<doa3105pa30jjkvkmd6gji76um23u9n590@4ax.com>... > >> > >> > >AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P > >> > > >> > > >> > Heh . . . that's pretty much what went through my mind too. I thought > >> > it was the best visual pun of the entire series so far. > >> > >> <sigh> Oooookay, here's another sexual pun that I don't get. Please > >> explain? And please say it isn't bondage. > >> > >> Aura > > > >I didn't get that meaning while watching it. But now I can't rid of the > >visual. :) > >I know what the sexual pun is but I'd rather not corrupt young'uns. > >And no. It's not bondage (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). > >Are you of age? > >--Ladyluck > > > > > > > I did a doubletake when I saw it. It was one of those "Did they just do what > I think they did?" moments. Classic. :) > > Unbound I > Check out my book about The X-Files at > http://www.trafford.com/robots/02-0625.html What? Don't every women like pearls? especially necklaces? They go with anything. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-24 07:52:05-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

<sillyman@famous.com> wrote in message news:fl4410puibflju6qhjp6fquqr6li06cc4e@4ax.com... > On 23 Jan 2004 20:17:01 -0800, nardo218@yahoo.com (Ice Queen) wrote: > > >sillyman@famous.com wrote in message news:<doa3105pa30jjkvkmd6gji76um23u9n590@4ax.com>... > > > >> >AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P > >> > >> > >> Heh . . . that's pretty much what went through my mind too. I thought > >> it was the best visual pun of the entire series so far. > > > ><sigh> Oooookay, here's another sexual pun that I don't get. Please > >explain? And please say it isn't bondage. > > > >Aura > > It isn't bondage. Look up the lyrics for the ZZ Top song and you'll > probably be able to figure it out on your own. Every girl's crazy for a sharp-dressed man? -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-24 07:54:13-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%SpQb.22073$q4.16096@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net... > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message > news:4t2dnRCAd5Auh4zdRVn-jg@comcast.com... > > It's conceivable that Lindsay really IS working for The Powers That Be and > > is really"playing" Eve to save Angel and the Angellettes from the evil > > clutches of Wolfram & Hart. The whole identity switch could be just to > hide > > himself from the Senior Partners WHEN Spike spills the beans to Angel and > > crew. > > That's what I had been thinking...that Lindsay may not be on Eve's side > either. For all we know they may be several different and independant > interested parties(Senior Partners, Eve, The Powers that be, Lindsay, > unknown 3rd party who controls the ninja robots?) playing with each other > here. > Just like 3rd season of BTVS where The Mayor, a cult of self-sacrificial vamps serving a massively fat demon and the Scoobies each had their own agenda, not to mention 2nd season BTVS had Scoobies vs Angelus vs Spike--the latter two also dueling over Dru. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-24 08:18:03+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

2004-01-24 09:57:11+11:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (�Pope-Matthew G� <beach@boys.com>)

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 06:59:29 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: >It's conceivable that Lindsay really IS working for The Powers That Be and >is really"playing" Eve to save Angel and the Angellettes from the evil >clutches of Wolfram & Hart. The whole identity switch could be just to hide >himself from the Senior Partners WHEN Spike spills the beans to Angel and >crew. > >-- Ken from Chicago > Oh God, i hope so. Ever since the day he left i have wanted Lindsay to return and to play on Team Angel. Get rid of Gunn and recruit Lindsay!

2004-01-24 09:58:47+11:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (�Pope-Matthew G� <beach@boys.com>)

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:31:34 -0000, "Didget" <didget1nospamthanks@btinternet.com> wrote: > >"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message >news:4t2dnRCAd5Auh4zdRVn-jg@comcast.com... >> It's conceivable that Lindsay really IS working for The Powers That Be and >> is really"playing" Eve to save Angel and the Angellettes from the evil >> clutches of Wolfram & Hart. The whole identity switch could be just to >hide >> himself from the Senior Partners WHEN Spike spills the beans to Angel and >> crew. >> >> -- Ken from Chicago >> >> > >Nah... none of that. Seeing Fred with a pearl necklace and a bear >behind!!!!! > >Sorry! %-) > >Didget > AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P

2004-01-24 11:30:08-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"KenM47" <KenM47@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:eb05105t115uf5fj76edalkspkbbj7528r@4ax.com... > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > > > ><sillyman@famous.com> wrote in message > >news:fl4410puibflju6qhjp6fquqr6li06cc4e@4ax.com... > >> On 23 Jan 2004 20:17:01 -0800, nardo218@yahoo.com (Ice Queen) wrote: > >> > >> >sillyman@famous.com wrote in message > >news:<doa3105pa30jjkvkmd6gji76um23u9n590@4ax.com>... > >> > > >> >> >AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P > >> >> > >> >> > >> >> Heh . . . that's pretty much what went through my mind too. I thought > >> >> it was the best visual pun of the entire series so far. > >> > > >> ><sigh> Oooookay, here's another sexual pun that I don't get. Please > >> >explain? And please say it isn't bondage. > >> > > >> >Aura > >> > >> It isn't bondage. Look up the lyrics for the ZZ Top song and you'll > >> probably be able to figure it out on your own. > > > >Every girl's crazy for a sharp-dressed man? > > > >-- Ken from Chicago > > > > Sometimes a cigar is just a smoke. And sometimes a pearl necklace is > just a piece of jewelry. > > Ken Every girl's NOT crazy for a sharp-dressed man?!!?!!? -- Ken from Chicago (who's got legs and knows how to use 'em)

2004-01-24 14:29:06+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (KenM47 <KenM47@ix.netcom.com>)

2004-01-24 15:10:18-05:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <fl4410puibflju6qhjp6fquqr6li06cc4e@4ax.com>, <sillyman@famous.com> wrote: > On 23 Jan 2004 20:17:01 -0800, nardo218@yahoo.com (Ice Queen) wrote: > > >sillyman@famous.com wrote in message > >news:<doa3105pa30jjkvkmd6gji76um23u9n590@4ax.com>... > > > >> >AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P > >> > >> > >> Heh . . . that's pretty much what went through my mind too. I thought > >> it was the best visual pun of the entire series so far. > > > ><sigh> Oooookay, here's another sexual pun that I don't get. Please > >explain? And please say it isn't bondage. > > > >Aura > > It isn't bondage. Look up the lyrics for the ZZ Top song and you'll > probably be able to figure it out on your own. Pearl Necklace by ZZ Top She's really upset with me again, I didn't give her what she likes. I don't know what to tell her, Don't know what to say. Everything got funky last night. She was really bombed, And I was really blown away, Until I asked her what she wanted, And this is what she had to say: A pearl necklace. She wanna pearl necklace. She wanna pearl necklace. She gets a charge out of bein' so weird, Digs gettin' downright strange. But I can keep a handle on anything, Just this side of deranged. She was gettin' bombed, And I was gettin' blown away, And she held it in her hand And this is what she had to say: A pearl necklace. She wanna pearl necklace. She wanna pearl necklace. She is so tough, as pure as the driven slush. And that's not true what she's talkin' about, It really don't cost that much. She was gettin' bombed, And I was gettin' blown away, And she took it in her hand, And this is what she had to say: A pearl necklace. She wanna pearl necklace. She wanna pearl necklace. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2004-01-24 21:10:08-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fua610lo87do0rbi5d90r3fb5bcr66v3m2@4ax.com... > On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 08:18:03 GMT, "Chris Zabel" > <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote: > > >"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message > >news:4t2dnRCAd5Auh4zdRVn-jg@comcast.com... > >> It's conceivable that Lindsay really IS working for The Powers That Be and > >> is really"playing" Eve to save Angel and the Angellettes from the evil > >> clutches of Wolfram & Hart. The whole identity switch could be just to > >hide > >> himself from the Senior Partners WHEN Spike spills the beans to Angel and > >> crew. > > > >That's what I had been thinking...that Lindsay may not be on Eve's side > >either. For all we know they may be several different and independant > >interested parties(Senior Partners, Eve, The Powers that be, Lindsay, > >unknown 3rd party who controls the ninja robots?) playing with each other > >here. > > Yeah, thats what Angel needs even more convoluted storylines. > > st > > -- > Bad people are punished by society's law > And good people are punished by murphy's law > GL,DLM What's convuluted? W&H evil. Lindsay working for the Powers. Lindsay trying to help Spike help the helpless--while keeping from being detected by the SP. However years of conspiracies have made people suspicious. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-24 21:12:05-08:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (nardo218@yahoo.com)

"LadyLuck" <ladyluck523@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<9unQb.96205$cM1.17336236@twister.nyc.rr.com>... > I didn't get that meaning while watching it. But now I can't rid of the > visual. :) > I know what the sexual pun is but I'd rather not corrupt young'uns. > And no. It's not bondage (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). > Are you of age? Oh, for pete's sake, I'm 22 years old. Astounds me how brave people are when they're insinuating, but they all become puritans when asked to say things plainly. Tell me! :) Aura

2004-01-24 21:26:01-08:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (nardo218@yahoo.com)

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<r66dnRH2J6LrbozdRVn-tA@comcast.com>... > Noooo. You don't want to know. Just did a web search for the ZZ Top song. For cryin out loud. Oral sex? That's what you're all too embarrised to say? Good lord, I thought it was something really bizarre. Something you read in Angel/Spike/Xander fanfic. Which I don't read. Cuz, um, it lacks litterary merit. Aura Off to read Faith/Dawn fics.

2004-01-24 22:52:41+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (sillyman@famous.com)

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:10:18 -0500, Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: >She was gettin' bombed, >And I was gettin' blown away, >And she took it in her hand, >And this is what she had to say: >A pearl necklace. >She wanna pearl necklace. >She wanna pearl necklace. I actually had to explain that to one of the girls at work. I kept waiting for her to tell me she was kidding.

2004-01-25 01:40:21+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (tackett <rpmsalvage@acsalaska.net>)

"Baerana" <usenet1@baerana.com> wrote in message news:WrqdnbSyrOr36Yzd4p2dnA@comcast.com... > George Grattan wrote: > > > I doubt they'll do either of these, though, and will opt to go with the > > far more predictable, far less satisfying "Lindsey's back for revenge on > > Angel and on W&H" shtick. But here's hoping... > > I'm sure you are right, but I don't get why Lindsey would want revenge > on Angel. Didn't they leave on good terms? Unless Lindsey is pissed > that Angel wrote "cops suck" on the back of Lindsey's truck... doesn't > seem worth going through all this for. If the writers play this to be > Lindsey is trying to get revenge on Angel it'll be pretty silly. > I still think it's a revenge on Angel thing, I think that's why he had Eve put the parasite on him so spike would have to save him. To prove to spike that he is the real hero that no one can do without even Angel, and with all the hallucinations that Angel had he's even starting to doubt himself... It's all in the master plan....

2004-01-25 05:24:47-05:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Baerana <usenet1@baerana.com>)

Ice Queen wrote: > "LadyLuck" <ladyluck523@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<9unQb.96205$cM1.17336236@twister.nyc.rr.com>... > >>I didn't get that meaning while watching it. But now I can't rid of the >>visual. :) >>I know what the sexual pun is but I'd rather not corrupt young'uns. >>And no. It's not bondage (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). >>Are you of age? > > > Oh, for pete's sake, I'm 22 years old. Astounds me how brave people > are when they're insinuating, but they all become puritans when asked > to say things plainly. > > Tell me! :) > > Aura It's a jizz neckless - as in, a guy comes across a girl's throat and leave little "pearly" beads of cum. I could have watched that ep a million times without the thought entering my mind - I certainly never think about cum when I see a woman wearing a pearl neckless, but there you have it.

2004-01-25 05:26:51-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Ice Queen" <nardo218@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e7ab6382.0401242126.35080b1a@posting.google.com... > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<r66dnRH2J6LrbozdRVn-tA@comcast.com>... > > Noooo. You don't want to know. > > Just did a web search for the ZZ Top song. > > For cryin out loud. Oral sex? That's what you're all too embarrised to Yes. That's it. That's it exactly. Problem solved. Once again the internet to the rescue. > say? Good lord, I thought it was something really bizarre. Something > you read in Angel/Spike/Xander fanfic. > > Which I don't read. Cuz, um, it lacks litterary merit. > > Aura > Off to read Faith/Dawn fics. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-25 05:27:16-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Ice Queen" <nardo218@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e7ab6382.0401242112.6c83906e@posting.google.com... > "LadyLuck" <ladyluck523@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<9unQb.96205$cM1.17336236@twister.nyc.rr.com>... > > I didn't get that meaning while watching it. But now I can't rid of the > > visual. :) > > I know what the sexual pun is but I'd rather not corrupt young'uns. > > And no. It's not bondage (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). > > Are you of age? > > Oh, for pete's sake, I'm 22 years old. Astounds me how brave people > are when they're insinuating, but they all become puritans when asked > to say things plainly. > > Tell me! :) > > Aura It's the American way. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-25 05:38:28+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (unboundi@aol.com)

2004-01-25 06:24:37+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (LadyLuck <ladyluck523@hotmail.com>)

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:brudnW34VumO5Y_dRVn-gQ@comcast.com... > > "LadyLuck" <ladyluck523@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:9unQb.96205$cM1.17336236@twister.nyc.rr.com... > > "Ice Queen" <nardo218@yahoo.com> wrote in message > > news:e7ab6382.0401232017.664729e@posting.google.com... > > > sillyman@famous.com wrote in message > > news:<doa3105pa30jjkvkmd6gji76um23u9n590@4ax.com>... > > > > > > > >AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P > > > > > > > > > > > > Heh . . . that's pretty much what went through my mind too. I thought > > > > it was the best visual pun of the entire series so far. > > > > > > <sigh> Oooookay, here's another sexual pun that I don't get. Please > > > explain? And please say it isn't bondage. > > > > > > Aura > > > > I didn't get that meaning while watching it. But now I can't rid of the > > visual. :) > > I know what the sexual pun is but I'd rather not corrupt young'uns. > > And no. It's not bondage (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). > > Are you of age? > > --Ladyluck > > > > > > That's just another form contributing to the delinquincy of minors. Shame on > you. I'd slap your wriss, but you might like that. > > -- Ken from Chicago > > Yeah, shame on me. I'll punish myself and slap my own wrists ;) --Ladyluck

2004-01-25 06:42:56+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (LadyLuck <ladyluck523@hotmail.com>)

"Ice Queen" <nardo218@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e7ab6382.0401242112.6c83906e@posting.google.com... > "LadyLuck" <ladyluck523@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<9unQb.96205$cM1.17336236@twister.nyc.rr.com>... > > I didn't get that meaning while watching it. But now I can't rid of the > > visual. :) > > I know what the sexual pun is but I'd rather not corrupt young'uns. > > And no. It's not bondage (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). > > Are you of age? > > Oh, for pete's sake, I'm 22 years old. Astounds me how brave people > are when they're insinuating, but they all become puritans when asked > to say things plainly. > > Tell me! :) > > Aura Where the results of a certain sexual act might end up. In this case about the neck instead of the face (or other places). I don't wish to get any plainer than that but I hope I've given you enough info. --Ladyluck

2004-01-25 11:56:20-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uso710dms04s1nb0gnknjum7rj19dujo14@4ax.com... > On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:10:08 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > >However years of conspiracies have made people suspicious. > > Poor Lindsey, he's just misunderstood. > > Using the name of one of Angel's old and *dead* friends as part of his > ruse with Spike should be your second hint he's not a nice man. His > evil stint with W&H.... combined with Lilah's contractual obligations > should be your first. Hmm, who left W&H years ago and who stayed until the bitter end, at least of its LA office? > And Jasmine, hell even Spike should have shown you that fighting evil > does not necessarily make one good. Now who's getting "convoluted"? > I guess some people love to wear their redemption colored glasses. > > We'll see I guess... and maybe Harmony will get her soul back. > > st > > > -- > Bad people are punished by society's law > And good people are punished by murphy's law > GL,DLM -- Ken from Chicago (who springs hope eternal)

2004-01-25 14:35:50-08:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Mark Jones <sinanju@pacifier.com>)

nardo218@yahoo.com (Ice Queen), on or about 24 Jan 2004 21:12:05 -0800, did you or did you not state: >"LadyLuck" <ladyluck523@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<9unQb.96205$cM1.17336236@twister.nyc.rr.com>... >> I didn't get that meaning while watching it. But now I can't rid of the >> visual. :) >> I know what the sexual pun is but I'd rather not corrupt young'uns. >> And no. It's not bondage (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). >> Are you of age? > >Oh, for pete's sake, I'm 22 years old. Astounds me how brave people >are when they're insinuating, but they all become puritans when asked >to say things plainly. > >Tell me! :) A "pearl necklace" is the result when a man ejaculates on or around a woman's face and neck. -- [AGB] Bullet Sponge "So what happened then, grandpa?" "Well, I got KILLED, of course!"

2004-01-25 15:30:09-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hf9810hu4p2i2stt3s65bt2t3akkfhdp5i@4ax.com... > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:56:20 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > >> And Jasmine, hell even Spike should have shown you that fighting evil > >> does not necessarily make one good. > > > >Now who's getting "convoluted"? > > If you think standard ME stuff is convoluted, last season must have > been hard on you. > > A convoluted story line is one that offers 'too many characters', 'too > many agendas' or too many plot twists. > > Evil fighting among itself has been a staple of ME shows, but thats > not the same as evil becoming good...which has been the exception as > opposed to the rule and usually involves a rather lengthy story > arch....one that usually IS convoluted.... Fortunately Lindsay's relationship with Angel is short and simple. > st > > -- > Bad people are punished by society's law > And good people are punished by murphy's law > GL,DLM -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-25 19:28:07-05:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Rocinante <matrixoutsider@hotmail.com>)

On 24 Jan 2004 21:26:01 -0800, Ice Queen wrote: > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<r66dnRH2J6LrbozdRVn-tA@comcast.com>... >> Noooo. You don't want to know. > > Just did a web search for the ZZ Top song. > > For cryin out loud. Oral sex? That's what you're all too embarrised to > say? Good lord, I thought it was something really bizarre. Something > you read in Angel/Spike/Xander fanfic. > > Which I don't read. Cuz, um, it lacks litterary merit. > > Aura > Off to read Faith/Dawn fics. So, you don't mind when a guy finishes off all over your neck and chest? -- If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. 1/25/2004 7:25:19 PM

2004-01-25 20:36:57-08:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (nardo218@yahoo.com)

"LadyLuck" <ladyluck523@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<QzJQb.259521$0P1.24431@twister.nyc.rr.com>... > Where the results of a certain sexual act might end up. In this case about > the neck instead of the face (or other places). > I don't wish to get any plainer than that but I hope I've given you enough > info. Oh. Ew. God, you heteros like weird stuff. Like men. Aura *Really* off to read more Faith/Dawn, Buffy/Faith, Fred/Willow....

2004-01-25 21:47:31+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - ("Michael C." <mcsuper5@usol.com>)

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:28:50 -0600, st <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote: > > Evil fighting among itself has been a staple of ME shows, but thats > not the same as evil becoming good...which has been the exception as > opposed to the rule and usually involves a rather lengthy story > arch....one that usually IS convoluted.... You mean like a Gypsy cursed cursed Angel with a soul, he brooded for ~100 years, and Doyle took him to see a primadonna teenie-booper whom he fell hopelessly in love with. She later pointed out that he had to do good deeds or else he was never anything but a monster. He proceeds to help the helpless, etc. Okay, so it is convoluted:) > > st > > -- > Bad people are punished by society's law > And good people are punished by murphy's law > GL,DLM BTW, what is GL,DLM in your sig? Michael C. -- mcsuper5@usol.com http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/ Registered Linux User #303915 http://counter.li.org/

2004-01-26 00:36:52+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - ("Michael C." <mcsuper5@usol.com>)

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:28:24 -0600, st <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote: > On 25 Jan 2004 21:47:31 GMT, "Michael C." <mcsuper5@usol.com> wrote: > > >On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:28:50 -0600, > >st <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote: > >> -- > >> Bad people are punished by society's law > >> And good people are punished by murphy's law > >> GL,DLM > > > >BTW, what is GL,DLM in your sig? > > George Lass, Dead Like Me. Thanks, Michael C. -- mcsuper5@usol.com http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/ Registered Linux User #303915 http://counter.li.org/

2004-01-26 01:50:39-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Thirsty Viking <john_doerter@hotmail.com>)

"Rocinante" <matrixoutsider@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:z7ugwkb64vg2.1r5z983tprlrj$.dlg@40tude.net... > On 24 Jan 2004 21:26:01 -0800, Ice Queen wrote: > > > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<r66dnRH2J6LrbozdRVn-tA@comcast.com>... > >> Noooo. You don't want to know. > > > > Just did a web search for the ZZ Top song. > > > > For cryin out loud. Oral sex? That's what you're all too embarrised to > > say? Good lord, I thought it was something really bizarre. Something > > you read in Angel/Spike/Xander fanfic. > > > > Which I don't read. Cuz, um, it lacks litterary merit. > > > > Aura > > Off to read Faith/Dawn fics. > > So, you don't mind when a guy finishes off all over your neck and chest? shrug, maybe she prefers that to the "salty jello taste" in her mouth, at least that is how i've heard it described. I must admit pearl necklace was a new pun for me too.

2004-01-26 02:00:42-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Thirsty Viking <john_doerter@hotmail.com>)

"st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:flh810potjba894pp20nq3plu7js89lfir@4ax.com... > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:30:09 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > > > >"st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message > >news:hf9810hu4p2i2stt3s65bt2t3akkfhdp5i@4ax.com... > >> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:56:20 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > >> <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > >> > >> >> And Jasmine, hell even Spike should have shown you that fighting evil > >> >> does not necessarily make one good. > >> > > >> >Now who's getting "convoluted"? > >> > >> If you think standard ME stuff is convoluted, last season must have > >> been hard on you. > >> > >> A convoluted story line is one that offers 'too many characters', 'too > >> many agendas' or too many plot twists. > >> > >> Evil fighting among itself has been a staple of ME shows, but thats > >> not the same as evil becoming good...which has been the exception as > >> opposed to the rule and usually involves a rather lengthy story > >> arch....one that usually IS convoluted.... > > > >Fortunately Lindsay's relationship with Angel is short and simple. > > Right, Angel is the hero, Lindsey is the villian. > umm actually both of them have played on both sides, (ok i include Angelous). There were several instances where lindsey choose to go against the evil... and others where he chose to embrace it. Just like Angel decided to stop some evil acts and permit others to go forward unhindered (People cellar). Lindsey's story was always convoluted and about the Human choice to be evil or not evil.

2004-01-26 02:03:03-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:flh810potjba894pp20nq3plu7js89lfir@4ax.com... > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:30:09 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > > > >"st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message > >news:hf9810hu4p2i2stt3s65bt2t3akkfhdp5i@4ax.com... > >> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:56:20 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > >> <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > >> > >> >> And Jasmine, hell even Spike should have shown you that fighting evil > >> >> does not necessarily make one good. > >> > > >> >Now who's getting "convoluted"? > >> > >> If you think standard ME stuff is convoluted, last season must have > >> been hard on you. > >> > >> A convoluted story line is one that offers 'too many characters', 'too > >> many agendas' or too many plot twists. > >> > >> Evil fighting among itself has been a staple of ME shows, but thats > >> not the same as evil becoming good...which has been the exception as > >> opposed to the rule and usually involves a rather lengthy story > >> arch....one that usually IS convoluted.... > > > >Fortunately Lindsay's relationship with Angel is short and simple. > > Right, Angel is the hero, Lindsey is the villian. > > st > > -- > Bad people are punished by society's law > And good people are punished by murphy's law > GL,DLM Yes. It's not like one ever asked the other for help and the other gave it to him but then he betrayed the other who retailiated by chopping off the one's hand who tried to run the other down in a truck who then beat the one nearly to a pulp and yet for *some* they were last seen having reached some kind of detente. Nope. No complexity there. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-26 02:05:40-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Thirsty Viking" <john_doerter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9cWdnZg4-eGAVIndRVn-vA@comcast.com... > > "st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:flh810potjba894pp20nq3plu7js89lfir@4ax.com... > > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:30:09 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > > <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > > > > > > >"st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > >news:hf9810hu4p2i2stt3s65bt2t3akkfhdp5i@4ax.com... > > >> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:56:20 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > > >> <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > >> > > >> >> And Jasmine, hell even Spike should have shown you that fighting > evil > > >> >> does not necessarily make one good. > > >> > > > >> >Now who's getting "convoluted"? > > >> > > >> If you think standard ME stuff is convoluted, last season must have > > >> been hard on you. > > >> > > >> A convoluted story line is one that offers 'too many characters', 'too > > >> many agendas' or too many plot twists. > > >> > > >> Evil fighting among itself has been a staple of ME shows, but thats > > >> not the same as evil becoming good...which has been the exception as > > >> opposed to the rule and usually involves a rather lengthy story > > >> arch....one that usually IS convoluted.... > > > > > >Fortunately Lindsay's relationship with Angel is short and simple. > > > > Right, Angel is the hero, Lindsey is the villian. > > > umm actually both of them have played on both sides, > (ok i include Angelous). There were several instances > where lindsey choose to go against the evil... and others > where he chose to embrace it. Just like Angel decided to > stop some evil acts and permit others to go forward > unhindered (People cellar). > > Lindsey's story was always convoluted and about the > Human choice to be evil or not evil. Ssssh. Let's not convolute a clear and simple theory with contradictory facts. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-26 02:13:52-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Michael C." <mcsuper5@usol.com> wrote in message news:slrnc18eb8.7ke.mcsuper5@jaguar.softshoppe.com... > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:28:50 -0600, > st <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > > Evil fighting among itself has been a staple of ME shows, but thats > > not the same as evil becoming good...which has been the exception as > > opposed to the rule and usually involves a rather lengthy story > > arch....one that usually IS convoluted.... > > You mean like a Gypsy cursed cursed Angel with a soul, he brooded for > ~100 years, and Doyle took him to see a primadonna teenie-booper whom he > fell hopelessly in love with. She later pointed out that he had to do > good deeds or else he was never anything but a monster. He proceeds to > help the helpless, etc. Okay, so it is convoluted:) > > > > > st > > > > -- > > Bad people are punished by society's law > > And good people are punished by murphy's law > > GL,DLM > > BTW, what is GL,DLM in your sig? > > Michael C. > -- > mcsuper5@usol.com http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/ > Registered Linux User #303915 http://counter.li.org/ "'George' Lass", DEAD LIKE ME. Like "Fred", George is a nickname for a woman, Georgia Lass. Pretty good, sardonic series--altho it would be nice to actually SEE why everyone is so terrified of George's boss--which has been renewed for its second season on Showtime. At the risk of "convoluting" what could easily turn flamish, while I disagree with ST about the relative complexity of Angel and Lindsay's relationship,gotta agree DLM is pretty good choice. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-26 02:20:46-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Ice Queen" <nardo218@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e7ab6382.0401252036.2b43640b@posting.google.com... > "LadyLuck" <ladyluck523@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<QzJQb.259521$0P1.24431@twister.nyc.rr.com>... > > Where the results of a certain sexual act might end up. In this case about > > the neck instead of the face (or other places). > > I don't wish to get any plainer than that but I hope I've given you enough > > info. > > Oh. Ew. God, you heteros like weird stuff. Like men. > > Aura > *Really* off to read more Faith/Dawn, Buffy/Faith, Fred/Willow.... First, I *warned* you that you didn't want to know. Second, I'm a hetero and I don't like men. So there. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-26 04:44:39-08:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (rshiflet@hotmail.com)

sillyman@famous.com wrote in message news:<doa3105pa30jjkvkmd6gji76um23u9n590@4ax.com>... > On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 09:58:47 +1100, ®Pope-Matthew G© <beach@boys.com> > wrote: > > > >>Nah... none of that. Seeing Fred with a pearl necklace and a bear > >>behind!!!!! > >> > >>Sorry! %-) > >> > >>Didget > >> > > > >AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P > > > Heh . . . that's pretty much what went through my mind too. I thought > it was the best visual pun of the entire series so far. And I was thinking of the sexual act you could do with an actual pearl necklace. Renee

2004-01-26 04:59:06-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Thirsty Viking <john_doerter@hotmail.com>)

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:of6dnYJI3ZHHV4ndRVn-gw@comcast.com... > > "Thirsty Viking" <john_doerter@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:9cWdnZg4-eGAVIndRVn-vA@comcast.com... > > > > "st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > news:flh810potjba894pp20nq3plu7js89lfir@4ax.com... > > > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:30:09 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > > > <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > > > > > > > > > >"st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > > >news:hf9810hu4p2i2stt3s65bt2t3akkfhdp5i@4ax.com... > > > >> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:56:20 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > > > >> <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > > >> > > > >> >> And Jasmine, hell even Spike should have shown you that fighting > > evil > > > >> >> does not necessarily make one good. > > > >> > > > > >> >Now who's getting "convoluted"? > > > >> > > > >> If you think standard ME stuff is convoluted, last season must have > > > >> been hard on you. > > > >> > > > >> A convoluted story line is one that offers 'too many characters', > 'too > > > >> many agendas' or too many plot twists. > > > >> > > > >> Evil fighting among itself has been a staple of ME shows, but thats > > > >> not the same as evil becoming good...which has been the exception as > > > >> opposed to the rule and usually involves a rather lengthy story > > > >> arch....one that usually IS convoluted.... > > > > > > > >Fortunately Lindsay's relationship with Angel is short and simple. > > > > > > Right, Angel is the hero, Lindsey is the villian. > > > > > umm actually both of them have played on both sides, > > (ok i include Angelous). There were several instances > > where lindsey choose to go against the evil... and others > > where he chose to embrace it. Just like Angel decided to > > stop some evil acts and permit others to go forward > > unhindered (People cellar). > > > > Lindsey's story was always convoluted and about the > > Human choice to be evil or not evil. > > Ssssh. Let's not convolute a clear and simple theory with contradictory > facts. > > -- Ken from Chicago > Thats ok, ST can't see my posts anyway so his theory is uncontaminated. Unless he can see your posts that is. hmmm oh well :-)

2004-01-26 07:36:56-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Renee" <rshiflet@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f6980f4e.0401260444.46a9525e@posting.google.com... > sillyman@famous.com wrote in message news:<doa3105pa30jjkvkmd6gji76um23u9n590@4ax.com>... > > On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 09:58:47 +1100, ���Pope-Matthew G��� <beach@boys.com> > > wrote: > > > > > > >>Nah... none of that. Seeing Fred with a pearl necklace and a bear > > >>behind!!!!! > > >> > > >>Sorry! %-) > > >> > > >>Didget > > >> > > > > > >AND who wouldnt wanna give her a pearl necklace :-P > > > > > > Heh . . . that's pretty much what went through my mind too. I thought > > it was the best visual pun of the entire series so far. > > And I was thinking of the sexual act you could do with an actual pearl necklace. > > Renee NOOOOOOO! I do NOT want to know! -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-26 07:38:22-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Thirsty Viking" <john_doerter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:UKOdnZ07FYNwb4ndRVn-tA@comcast.com... > > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message > news:of6dnYJI3ZHHV4ndRVn-gw@comcast.com... > > > > "Thirsty Viking" <john_doerter@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > news:9cWdnZg4-eGAVIndRVn-vA@comcast.com... > > > > > > "st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > > news:flh810potjba894pp20nq3plu7js89lfir@4ax.com... > > > > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:30:09 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > > > > <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > > >"st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > > > >news:hf9810hu4p2i2stt3s65bt2t3akkfhdp5i@4ax.com... > > > > >> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:56:20 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > > > > >> <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > > > >> > > > > >> >> And Jasmine, hell even Spike should have shown you that fighting > > > evil > > > > >> >> does not necessarily make one good. > > > > >> > > > > > >> >Now who's getting "convoluted"? > > > > >> > > > > >> If you think standard ME stuff is convoluted, last season must have > > > > >> been hard on you. > > > > >> > > > > >> A convoluted story line is one that offers 'too many characters', > > 'too > > > > >> many agendas' or too many plot twists. > > > > >> > > > > >> Evil fighting among itself has been a staple of ME shows, but thats > > > > >> not the same as evil becoming good...which has been the exception > as > > > > >> opposed to the rule and usually involves a rather lengthy story > > > > >> arch....one that usually IS convoluted.... > > > > > > > > > >Fortunately Lindsay's relationship with Angel is short and simple. > > > > > > > > Right, Angel is the hero, Lindsey is the villian. > > > > > > > umm actually both of them have played on both sides, > > > (ok i include Angelous). There were several instances > > > where lindsey choose to go against the evil... and others > > > where he chose to embrace it. Just like Angel decided to > > > stop some evil acts and permit others to go forward > > > unhindered (People cellar). > > > > > > Lindsey's story was always convoluted and about the > > > Human choice to be evil or not evil. > > > > Ssssh. Let's not convolute a clear and simple theory with contradictory > > facts. > > > > -- Ken from Chicago > > > Thats ok, ST can't see my posts anyway so his theory > is uncontaminated. Unless he can see your posts that is. > hmmm oh well :-) Woops! I didn't realize he had ploinked you. -- Ken from Chicago P.S. "We have found the enemy and he is us."

2004-01-26 18:53:52+00:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (aej17DELETEME@comcast.net)

st <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote: > > No, thats actually a pretty standard hero story. The curse irony is > creative, but its not convoluted. > > An example of a convoluted storyline was last season's Angel where > Skip brings Cordy to a higher plane to make her a higher being only > its really a plot by a higher being who tricks her into falling back > to our world so the higher being can use the son of two vampires, one > of which is Angel, to impregnate Cordy which will allow the higher > being to be born. Then to confuse everyone long enough for this to > happen the higher being through Cordelia raises the 'unstoppable' > Beast who attempts to block out the sun but its actually only a ruse > and the Beast is just cannon fodder to distract Angel and being > distracted Angel unleashes Angelus to stop the beast but Angelus > escapes and now they have to free a slayer who has been imprisoned for > killing people to stop Angelus and give a witch time to restore > Angel's soul, while in the mean time Cordy is preggers with a higher > being and must sacrifice a virgin to....blah blah.... and then Angel > ends up ending world peace and joining an Evil Law firm... > > That is convoluted. Exactly. Now that made me laugh. -- AE Jabbour

2004-01-26 19:28:39-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:tcea10t299ojfs57ecbnpqrdrrml4pd9v2@4ax.com... > On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:05:40 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > >Ssssh. Let's not convolute a clear and simple theory with contradictory > >facts. > > Making a choice between being good or evil is not convoluted, its a > straight forward choice. Its a standard story line that has been done > and redone a million times. The fact that we were unsure which side > someone might choose doesn't make it convoluted. Its when you don't > know which side someone is on at all that things get complicated. Okay the combination of those last two sentences is convoluted--if not flat out contradictory. > Lindsey was always an unknown quantity who was mostly in it for > himself. Another convoluted if not contradictory statement. If Lindsay was truly an "unknown" quantity, then how can you claim to *know* he was mostly in it for himself? > If you find that convoluted I don't know how you were able to keep up > with last seasons story. But once again you have reduced a thread to a > definition war.... not really surprising I guess. > > st Of course. Defining the same terms differently is the number one source of debates. > > -- > Bad people are punished by society's law > And good people are punished by murphy's law > GL,DLM -- Ken from Chicago

2004-01-27 06:05:29-06:00 - Re: The single best thing about "Soul Purpose" - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"st" <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:p1rb10lijo8t0m1jdj30e05rj4qdf136u0@4ax.com... > On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:28:39 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" > <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: > > >Of course. Defining the same terms differently is the number one source of > >debates. > > And you seem to enjoy the 'debate' more than anything else. > > So I won't waste any more of my time. > > st > > -- > Bad people are punished by society's law > And good people are punished by murphy's law > GL,DLM Ach, no, lad, ah find no pahticulah jeoy in actin like blittherrrin debatin jackass. An' da key worrrd in dat las' sen'ence is "like". Nuu, suh. The point is that there are varrriety o' viewpoints an' definitions, lad. The point is whut are yew prepared t' dew to defend your definition? If someone brrrings a dictionarrry definition will yew brrring a living thesaurrrus? If they brrring an' encyclopedia, will you brrring a google listing? Will you justify why yourrr definition is betterrr or morrre apprrroprrriate for a given cirrrcumstance? Aye, argue, and yew may lose. Acquiese and you'll can keep posting . . . at least fur a while. But dying in beds many a yearrr frrrom now, would you be willin' t' trrrade days o' life from this day t' that, for one chance, just one, to come back and tell off yore uhponents, with the perrrfect rejoinderrr, the perrrfect rrreply, the perrrfect retorrrt: that while they kin take away youurrr worrrds, they can neverrr take away ... yourrr MEEEEEEEEAANNNNIIING! (No, I don't know why I went with the Scottish accent, other than being a Chicagoan, and lacking an accent, I like accents, but I digress.) Seriously, Lindsay's story is convoluted or simple. He's waffles back and forth between good and evil or he's been simply amoral (as you mentioned) and does what is best for himself (kinda like politicians "triangulating" between conservatism and liberalism). Or maybe, just maybe, Lindsay is simply human, and despite all our protestations of theories, morals, principles, like many humans or even reformed vampires, he does what he thinks is best at the time (as author Harlan Ellison is fond of saying). The point of subthread was that there are a variety of perspectives and definitions and meanings and intentions. Not all of them are equal, much less equal valid or applicable to a given situation. By suggesting there are alternatives, by considering them, then you are in a better position to explain why your view is, if not the only view, but is a better "fit", a better "read" on the situation than others. -- Ken from Chicago P.S. I know. I know. I don't always make it easy. Between my jokes, the movie references, the pop culture references, often there is a serious point buried within. Of course, sometimes they're just goof-offs, but that's the fun. It would be boring, for me and you, if it were only either / or. You know it. I know it. The American people know it. Bob Dole knows it. (Ooh, that's just sad, Ken's referrencing a decade old Norm Crosby SNL skit. EIEIO.)