FLM films - My Webpage

2004-05-06 11:53:04-05:00 - Re: 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (Avatar <avatar@donoteventhinkaboutit.com>)

On Thu, 06 May 2004 14:34:25 GMT, "Scooby Doofus" <genem10@yahoo.com> wrote: >Anyone else a little disappointed that with just 3 episodes of Angel left, >we get a Laurel and Hardy takeoff? > >Spike's "slayer" jacket getting destroyed a symbol of...anything? > >Demon who takes the money for the "head" = cheesiest makeup job ever, why >not just throw a white mask on a human and be done with it? Horrible and >embarassing that they bothered, I've seen better workups on an original Trek >episode. > >A Buffy episode with no Buffy, and when I thought it couldn't get any worse, >they show a back of the head shot of a blond dancing that we're to assume is >SMG. I was sitting there about 5-7 minutes beforehand saying to my wife, "I >just hope they don't show the back-of-the-head shot of someone that's >supposed to be Buffy...". Priceless...oh, I mean, worthless. > >Man, that CEO chick of W&H Italy had some nice bongos! *best*rack*ever* > >The last two episodes better be good damnit! > >--------------------------------------------------------------- >"And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder: > One of the four beasts saying: "Come and see." > And I saw. And behold, a white horse." > >"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, > And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his > name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell > followed with him." > > >--- >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). >Version: 6.0.676 / Virus Database: 438 - Release Date: 5/3/2004 > --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sooner or later, all of our names wind up on a Post-It. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004-05-06 12:45:06-07:00 - Re: 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (himiko@animail.net)

"Scooby Doofus" <genem10@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<R1smc.32591$_41.2665055@attbi_s02>... > Anyone else a little disappointed that with just 3 episodes of Angel left, > we get a Laurel and Hardy takeoff? I've never slashed Laurel and Hardy and don't want to. But maybe that's just me. With that said, I do think that this should have been shown before Time Bomb, not after. > > Spike's "slayer" jacket getting destroyed a symbol of...anything? He told you outright what its symbolism was to him: "sentimental value...a second skin...it's who I am." And Angel told you outright what he thought it symbolized: "you stripped it off a dead slayer." Symbols are personal in what they symbolize. This was a recognition of this and also two major viewer interpretations. > > Demon who takes the money for the "head" = cheesiest makeup job ever, why > not just throw a white mask on a human and be done with it? Horrible and > embarassing that they bothered, I've seen better workups on an original Trek > episode. Oh come on. Have you never seen an Italian movie? There's always some sad-eyed, droop faced guy who does something. It's an Italian type. > > A Buffy episode with no Buffy, and when I thought it couldn't get any worse, > they show a back of the head shot of a blond dancing that we're to assume is > SMG. I was sitting there about 5-7 minutes beforehand saying to my wife, "I > just hope they don't show the back-of-the-head shot of someone that's > supposed to be Buffy...". Priceless...oh, I mean, worthless. Or funny...and also necessary since SMG refused to appear. This reminded me of Cousin It. > > Man, that CEO chick of W&H Italy had some nice bongos! Yes, but otherwise I found her to be a bit over the top. Funny, yes, but a bit too slapstick even for this episode. I did, however, enjoy seeing what happened to Angel in the corporate world when he didn't have the SPs backing him up (boss's son in another branch daddy doesn't control situation). He truly is out of his depth. himiko

2004-05-06 14:34:25+00:00 - 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (Scooby Doofus <genem10@yahoo.com>)

Anyone else a little disappointed that with just 3 episodes of Angel left, we get a Laurel and Hardy takeoff? Spike's "slayer" jacket getting destroyed a symbol of...anything? Demon who takes the money for the "head" = cheesiest makeup job ever, why not just throw a white mask on a human and be done with it? Horrible and embarassing that they bothered, I've seen better workups on an original Trek episode. A Buffy episode with no Buffy, and when I thought it couldn't get any worse, they show a back of the head shot of a blond dancing that we're to assume is SMG. I was sitting there about 5-7 minutes beforehand saying to my wife, "I just hope they don't show the back-of-the-head shot of someone that's supposed to be Buffy...". Priceless...oh, I mean, worthless. Man, that CEO chick of W&H Italy had some nice bongos! The last two episodes better be good damnit! --------------------------------------------------------------- "And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder: One of the four beasts saying: "Come and see." And I saw. And behold, a white horse." "And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him." --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.676 / Virus Database: 438 - Release Date: 5/3/2004

2004-05-06 16:23:58-04:00 - Re: 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <R1smc.32591$_41.2665055@attbi_s02>, Scooby Doofus <genem10@yahoo.com> wrote: > Demon who takes the money for the "head" = cheesiest makeup job ever, why > not just throw a white mask on a human and be done with it? Horrible and > embarassing that they bothered, I've seen better workups on an original Trek > episode. Oh, come on. He wasn't nearly as cheesy as Mr. Teeth from _Tabula Rasa_. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2004-05-06 17:05:25-04:00 - Re: 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (The Babaloughesian <me@privacy.net>)

"Scooby Doofus" <genem10@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:R1smc.32591$_41.2665055@attbi_s02... > Anyone else a little disappointed that with just 3 episodes of Angel left, > we get a Laurel and Hardy takeoff? Fortunately, being too young to be familiar with Laurel and Hardy, I have less to be disappointed about. > Spike's "slayer" jacket getting destroyed a symbol of...anything? That was his last strand of coolness burning away. > Demon who takes the money for the "head" = cheesiest makeup job ever, why > not just throw a white mask on a human and be done with it? Horrible and > embarassing that they bothered, I've seen better workups on an original Trek > episode. Looked like powdered mutated genitalia. > A Buffy episode with no Buffy, and when I thought it couldn't get any worse, > they show a back of the head shot of a blond dancing that we're to assume is > SMG. Wasn't as bad as in "Soul Purpose" or "Destiny" or whatever it was where they had that horrible Buffy voiceover sex scene. > I was sitting there about 5-7 minutes beforehand saying to my wife, "I > just hope they don't show the back-of-the-head shot of someone that's > supposed to be Buffy...". Priceless...oh, I mean, worthless. It was in the commercial for this ep, from what I recall. > Man, that CEO chick of W&H Italy had some nice bongos! Indeed.

2004-05-06 20:02:58+00:00 - Re: 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

Genem wrote: > >Anyone else a little disappointed that with just 3 episodes of Angel left, >we get a Laurel and Hardy takeoff? I thought this episode was poking fun at BtVS/Angel fans and at Mutant Enemy themselves. ___ "How do they know the dog food is any good? Who tastes it?" -- Elaine, "Seinfeld"

2004-05-07 15:29:04-07:00 - Re: 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (igs622001@yahoo.com)

"Scooby Doofus" <genem10@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<R1smc.32591$_41.2665055@attbi_s02>... > Anyone else a little disappointed that with just 3 episodes of Angel left, > we get a Laurel and Hardy takeoff? I think the episode was terribly disappointing regardless of the fact that it's one of the final three. It would have been a disgrace aired at any time in AtS's five season run.

2004-05-07 15:29:37-07:00 - Re: 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (igs622001@yahoo.com)

2004-05-10 17:56:35+00:00 - Re: 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (Shawn H <shill#@fas.harvard.edu>)

Scooby Doofus <genem10@yahoo.com> wrote: : Anyone else a little disappointed that with just 3 episodes of Angel left, : we get a Laurel and Hardy takeoff? : Spike's "slayer" jacket getting destroyed a symbol of...anything? Pretense. It was evil spike that needed the hide of a dead slayer; Spilliam just needs to still look cool. Shawn

2004-05-10 17:58:05+00:00 - Re: 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (Shawn H <shill#@fas.harvard.edu>)

himiko <himiko@animail.net> wrote: : He told you outright what its symbolism was to him: "sentimental : value...a second skin...it's who I am." And Angel told you outright : what he thought it symbolized: "you stripped it off a dead slayer." : Symbols are personal in what they symbolize. This was a recognition : of this and also two major viewer interpretations. And an acknowledgment that good Spikey don't wear bad trophies. Shawn

2004-05-10 17:58:45+00:00 - Re: 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (Shawn H <shill#@fas.harvard.edu>)

Rose <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote: : Genem wrote: :> :>Anyone else a little disappointed that with just 3 episodes of Angel left, :>we get a Laurel and Hardy takeoff? : I thought this episode was poking fun at BtVS/Angel fans and at Mutant Enemy : themselves. Maybe the Gora demons are related to the mirthless Tromblies? Shawn

2004-05-10 18:01:10+00:00 - Re: 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (Shawn H <shill#@fas.harvard.edu>)

The Babaloughesian <me@privacy.net> wrote: : Wasn't as bad as in "Soul Purpose" or "Destiny" or whatever it was where : they had that horrible Buffy voiceover sex scene. What about "Gone?" Shawn

2004-05-10 18:01:58+00:00 - Re: 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (Shawn H <shill#@fas.harvard.edu>)

Ian <igs622001@yahoo.com> wrote: : "Scooby Doofus" <genem10@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<R1smc.32591$_41.2665055@attbi_s02>... :> Anyone else a little disappointed that with just 3 episodes of Angel left, :> we get a Laurel and Hardy takeoff? : I think the episode was terribly disappointing regardless of the fact : that it's one of the final three. It would have been a disgrace aired : at any time in AtS's five season run. I doubt it. Earlier in the season would have been a more popular time to air it. Shawn

2004-05-11 14:22:42+00:00 - Re: 3 eps left...and they do this? Minor spoilers... - (Kevin Croxen <klcroxen@ls02.fas.harvard.edu>)

In article <c7ofoj$bcl$12@news.fas.harvard.edu>, Shawn H wrote: > Scooby Doofus <genem10@yahoo.com> wrote: >: Anyone else a little disappointed that with just 3 episodes of Angel left, >: we get a Laurel and Hardy takeoff? > >: Spike's "slayer" jacket getting destroyed a symbol of...anything? > > Pretense. It was evil spike that needed the hide of a dead slayer; Spilliam > just needs to still look cool. > > Shawn > It's actually the second time around for the slayer jacket, since it was, after all, incinerated at the hellmouth and then reconstituted from ghostly ectoplasm or whatever. Perhaps when Spike is killed and revived in the next Buffyverse spinoff, the original slayer jacket will come back too.