FLM films - My Webpage

2003-12-02 05:39:58-06:00 - White Flag - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

A lot of fans and users of the Amiga were excited about Todd Rungren's "Change Myself" music video because it used the Amiga, with a Video Toaster, to create the 3d computer effects, but the song itself was pretty good too. I was thinking of that watching Dido's "White Flag" music video which co-starred David Boreanaz. While a lot of ATS fans have clamored about the video for DB's appearance since he and Dido (I don't know if that's her real name) are portrayed as midlevel celebs, enough to be invited to events and covered by entertainment media and can afford fancy sports cars, but not so big that they are stampeded on the street by the public and they live in an apartment building (but considering it might be New York City, maybe you need to be a midlevel celeb to afford the size apartments they were in, but I digress). However the song itself is pretty good, like Dido's "Only Human" song (used as the theme for the series ROSWELL, the other WB series UPN picked up), it's bittersweet, but not nearly as melancholy as Sarah McLaughlin (who can belt out a ballad so sad you're on the edge of jumping off a tall building). -- Ken from Chicago

2003-12-02 08:44:57-07:00 - Re: White Flag - (William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com>)

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 05:39:58 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote: >A lot of fans and users of the Amiga were excited about Todd Rungren's >"Change Myself" music video because it used the Amiga, with a Video Toaster, >to create the 3d computer effects, but the song itself was pretty good too. > >I was thinking of that watching Dido's "White Flag" music video which >co-starred David Boreanaz. While a lot of ATS fans have clamored about the >video for DB's appearance since he and Dido (I don't know if that's her real >name) Semi-sorta. She was christened Florian Cloud De Bounevialle Armstrong, but was called Dido by her parents all her life. From her comments in interviews, she has something of a 'boy named sue' attitude about all her names, both the ridiculous christening string and the usename. A direct quote: "To be called one thing and christened another is actually very confusing and annoying. It's one of the most irritating things that my parents did to me. I'm still irritated by it. Florian is a German man's name. That's just mean. To give your child a whole lot of odd names. They were all so embarrassing." -- You've reached the Tittles. We can't come to the phone right now If you want to leave a message for Christine, Press 1 For Bentley, Press 2 Or to speak to, or worship, Master Tarfall, Underlord of Pain, Press 3

2003-12-02 20:08:48+00:00 - Re: White Flag - (slidge@slidge.com)

>>Dido (I don't know if that's her real name) Wouldn't it be a hoot if she dated the football player Aeneas Williams.

2003-12-03 09:18:06+00:00 - Re: White Flag - (David Samuel Barr <dsbarr@mindspring.com>)

Ken from Chicago wrote: > > However the song itself is pretty good, like Dido's "Only Human" song > (used as the theme for the series ROSWELL, the other WB series UPN > picked up), it's bittersweet, but not nearly as melancholy as Sarah > McLaughlin (who can belt out a ballad so sad you're on the edge of > jumping off a tall building). Roswell used "Here With Me" as its theme, not "Only Human" (actually, there is no Dido song called "Only Human", but the phrase occurs in the lyrics of her "Slide"). Neither song holds a candle to "Don't Think of Me". (And no atbvs member has an excuse for not knowing how to spell "McLachlan".)

2003-12-03 12:26:05-08:00 - Re: White Flag - (luvthistle1@yahoo.com)

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<nYSdnXAQJ5CR51GiRVn-gw@comcast.com>... > A lot of fans and users of the Amiga were excited about Todd Rungren's > "Change Myself" music video because it used the Amiga, with a Video Toaster, > to create the 3d computer effects, but the song itself was pretty good too. > > I was thinking of that watching Dido's "White Flag" music video which > co-starred David Boreanaz. While a lot of ATS fans have clamored about the > video for DB's appearance since he and Dido (I don't know if that's her real > name) are portrayed as midlevel celebs, enough to be invited to events and > covered by entertainment media and can afford fancy sports cars, but not so > big that they are stampeded on the street by the public and they live in an > apartment building (but considering it might be New York City, maybe you > need to be a midlevel celeb to afford the size apartments they were in, but > I digress). > > However the song itself is pretty good, like Dido's "Only Human" song (used > as the theme for the series ROSWELL, the other WB series UPN picked up), > it's bittersweet, but not nearly as melancholy as Sarah McLaughlin (who can > belt out a ballad so sad you're on the edge of jumping off a tall building). > > -- Ken from Chicago I really love that video. although I felt that David seem like he add on a few pound while shooting the video. well, a lot a pounds. but I still loved it. you are right about the apartments, but you know what else I find funny, is the fact that they were stalking each other. they both have pictures of each other on there walls, yet they never speak to one another. cute. Sign luvthistle1 Spikes's permanent cave http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spikespermanentcave/

2003-12-03 17:40:41-06:00 - Re: White Flag - ("christopher.nix" <christopher.nix@cox.net>)

Linda, Does your DVD player do VCD? I have the Dido video and a making of with behind-the-scenes stuff that I can burn onto video discs. I did that for one other gal and she emailed me a video of a buffy convention with most of the regulars, which was pretty cool. Email me if you're interested. Kim Nix "Linda" <lindaDELETESPAM@susieword.com> wrote in message news:jZszb.2201689$Id.331959@news.easynews.com... > > "Tammy Stephanie Davis" <tsd@timepilot.gpcc.itd.umich.edu> wrote in message > news:IRrzb.16$o32.880@news.itd.umich.edu... > > In article <f856e762.0312031226.13d2a873@posting.google.com>, > > luvthistle1 <luvthistle1@yahoo.com> wrote: > > :"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in > message > > :news:<nYSdnXAQJ5CR51GiRVn-gw@comcast.com>... > > :> A lot of fans and users of the Amiga were excited about Todd Rungren's > > :> "Change Myself" music video because it used the Amiga, with a Video > Toaster, > > :> to create the 3d computer effects, but the song itself was pretty good > too. > > :> > > :> I was thinking of that watching Dido's "White Flag" music video which > > :> co-starred David Boreanaz. While a lot of ATS fans have clamored about > the > > :> video for DB's appearance since he and Dido (I don't know if that's her > real > > :> name) are portrayed as midlevel celebs, enough to be invited to events > and > > :> covered by entertainment media and can afford fancy sports cars, but > not so > > :> big that they are stampeded on the street by the public and they live > in an > > :> apartment building (but considering it might be New York City, maybe > you > > :> need to be a midlevel celeb to afford the size apartments they were in, > but > > :> I digress). > > :> > > :> However the song itself is pretty good, like Dido's "Only Human" song > (used > > :> as the theme for the series ROSWELL, the other WB series UPN picked > up), > > :> it's bittersweet, but not nearly as melancholy as Sarah McLaughlin (who > can > > :> belt out a ballad so sad you're on the edge of jumping off a tall > building). > > :> > > :> -- Ken from Chicago > > : > > : > > : > > : > > :I really love that video. although I felt that David seem like he add > > :on a few pound while shooting the video. well, a lot a pounds. but I > > :still loved it. you are right about the apartments, but you know what > > :else I find funny, is the fact that they were stalking each other. > > :they both have pictures of each other on there walls, yet they never > > :speak to one another. cute. > > > > Just wanted to say I think David looks absolutely gorgeous in this video > > and I really, really want to get a copy of the video. > > As do I. David said in an interview that they shot the entire video in one > weekend and that he'd never do another video again. He didn't say why. He > also said he had no idea who Dido was or why she wanted him in the video. > First thing he saw when he walked into the studio was some girl on a bed > lip-syncing to music. My guess would be that she's a fan and the words from > the video kinda fit his looks. > > > -- > Best regards, > > Linda > > Mmmmmm......Angel > >

2003-12-03 20:39:04+00:00 - Re: White Flag - (tsd@timepilot.gpcc.itd.umich.edu)

2003-12-03 20:43:06-06:00 - Re: White Flag - ("John R. Sellers" <jrsellers@mailaka.net>)

I found four instances on Kazaa Lite. You can also request it @ Videopimp.com as Dido - White Flag (Regis and Kelly) - videopimp.mpg in the Download Requests forum @ http://forums.vampyrezkave.com/index.php?showforum=5. Just be sure to read the rules first. Phil's a stickler for his rules. As for VCD: In my experience, video files ripped to VCD result is not a good idea...the videos look too choppy when view on a TV. "Tammy Stephanie Davis" <tsd@timepilot.gpcc.itd.umich.edu> wrote in message news:IRrzb.16$o32.880@news.itd.umich.edu... > In article <f856e762.0312031226.13d2a873@posting.google.com>, > luvthistle1 <luvthistle1@yahoo.com> wrote: > :"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message > :news:<nYSdnXAQJ5CR51GiRVn-gw@comcast.com>... > :> A lot of fans and users of the Amiga were excited about Todd Rungren's > :> "Change Myself" music video because it used the Amiga, with a Video Toaster, > :> to create the 3d computer effects, but the song itself was pretty good too. > :> > :> I was thinking of that watching Dido's "White Flag" music video which > :> co-starred David Boreanaz. While a lot of ATS fans have clamored about the > :> video for DB's appearance since he and Dido (I don't know if that's her real > :> name) are portrayed as midlevel celebs, enough to be invited to events and > :> covered by entertainment media and can afford fancy sports cars, but not so > :> big that they are stampeded on the street by the public and they live in an > :> apartment building (but considering it might be New York City, maybe you > :> need to be a midlevel celeb to afford the size apartments they were in, but > :> I digress). > :> > :> However the song itself is pretty good, like Dido's "Only Human" song (used > :> as the theme for the series ROSWELL, the other WB series UPN picked up), > :> it's bittersweet, but not nearly as melancholy as Sarah McLaughlin (who can > :> belt out a ballad so sad you're on the edge of jumping off a tall building). > :> > :> -- Ken from Chicago > : > : > : > : > :I really love that video. although I felt that David seem like he add > :on a few pound while shooting the video. well, a lot a pounds. but I > :still loved it. you are right about the apartments, but you know what > :else I find funny, is the fact that they were stalking each other. > :they both have pictures of each other on there walls, yet they never > :speak to one another. cute. > > Just wanted to say I think David looks absolutely gorgeous in this video > and I really, really want to get a copy of the video. > -- --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.545 / Virus Database: 339 - Release Date: 11/27/2003

2003-12-03 21:55:27+00:00 - Re: White Flag - (Linda <lindaDELETESPAM@susieword.com>)

2003-12-04 08:33:54+00:00 - Re: White Flag - (Linda <lindaDELETESPAM@susieword.com>)

"christopher.nix" <christopher.nix@cox.net> wrote in message news:rxuzb.21976$Gj2.19677@okepread01... > Linda, > > Does your DVD player do VCD? I have the Dido video and a making of with > behind-the-scenes stuff that I can burn onto video discs. I did that for > one other gal and she emailed me a video of a buffy convention with most of > the regulars, which was pretty cool. Email me if you're interested. Oh, sorry. I meant I loved DB's looks in the video. My spouse has the video on his computer and is waiting to collect enough bits and pieces to burn me a VCD (I have some commercials, some Buffy stuff and AD's video with George Harrison so far). I can watch it anytime. And I like the song too because I can sing along with it. (I had vocal training as a young girl for opera). But thanks for the offer, Kim. -- Best regards, Linda Mmmmmm......Angel