FLM films - My Webpage

2004-01-31 01:56:29-08:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

Frau Blucher wrote: > Why not make a WB crossover episode(s)...they both deal w/ demons as a > common denominator, right? > Now that would make for some interesting drama (and don't forget...TNT knows > drama)....what would the Charmed Ones make out of Angel and Spike? Darkness > w/ souls on the good side. Would the Book of Shadows leap from Angel and > Spike's approach? And then Spike's attitude. Oh yeah baby. > > The possibilities are delicious. I'd say Phoebe would be drawn to Angel's > grim disposition, reminiscent of Cole in an unconscious way. Piper would > 'get with' Gunn, and she'd finally let her hair down, if you know what I > mean. Paige would have a love/hate affair w/ Spike. Hate the attitude, love > the hair and leather. And yes, poor Wesley would be on the outside looking > in..unless he discovered he was not "all that he can be" and falls for > Chris. > > Let's see...who did we leave out? Ok, Fred has a thing for Chris (sorry > Wesley, Chris just doesn't swing that way)...it's that sparkling light > orbing thing that razzles her dazzle. Well, if you are an Angel and Charmed > fan as I am, > I think you might agree that Lorne and the Sisters will really take to each > other, demon or not. > > And last but not least, Leo would find out about the Powers That Be (the new > ones), and we could have a whole episode on who is really in charge ....the > PTB or the Elders? > > C'mon people, I KNOW this could work. I bet that the Charmed Ones would want to vanquish the Senior Partners, which would put them at odds with Angel and his crew.

2004-01-31 05:19:00-08:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (Jake <wh@ever.com>)

Frau Blucher wrote: > > Why not make a WB crossover episode(s)...they both deal w/ demons as a > common denominator, right? > Now that would make for some interesting drama (and don't forget...TNT knows > drama)....what would the Charmed Ones make out of Angel and Spike? Darkness > w/ souls on the good side. Would the Book of Shadows leap from Angel and > Spike's approach? And then Spike's attitude. Oh yeah baby. > > The possibilities are delicious. I'd say Phoebe would be drawn to Angel's > grim disposition, reminiscent of Cole in an unconscious way. Piper would > 'get with' Gunn, and she'd finally let her hair down, if you know what I > mean. Paige would have a love/hate affair w/ Spike. Hate the attitude, love > the hair and leather. And yes, poor Wesley would be on the outside looking > in..unless he discovered he was not "all that he can be" and falls for > Chris. > > Let's see...who did we leave out? Ok, Fred has a thing for Chris (sorry > Wesley, Chris just doesn't swing that way)...it's that sparkling light > orbing thing that razzles her dazzle. Well, if you are an Angel and Charmed > fan as I am, > I think you might agree that Lorne and the Sisters will really take to each > other, demon or not. > > And last but not least, Leo would find out about the Powers That Be (the new > ones), and we could have a whole episode on who is really in charge ....the > PTB or the Elders? > > C'mon people, I KNOW this could work. Back when Charmed first appeared, a lot of people were clamoring for a Buffy-Charmed crossover. Not Aaron Spelling's cup of tea, apparently. One of the early first season Charmed episodes refers to Buffy as a TV character. So no crossover between the Buffyverse and Charmed is going to happen.

2004-01-31 08:05:33+00:00 - Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (Frau Blucher <kidsmuny@yahoo.com>)

[...]

2004-01-31 09:15:06-08:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (Jake <wh@ever.com>)

"Jose R. Peruse" wrote: > > Considering Charmed to me is only a fourth rate Buffy imitator with more > T&A thrown in, I say thanks, but no thanks... > > -- > Jose. It was actually interesting the first season or so, but I stopped watching after Prue died and the show looks like it's turned into a TV comic book since then. But, yeah, even early on, they were ripping off BtVS for ideas.

2004-01-31 09:35:53-08:00 - Oops! Sorry ... - (Jake <wh@ever.com>)

Jake wrote: > > "Jose R. Perez" wrote: I didn't mean to misspell your last name, Jose. Overzealous spellchecker and me not paying attention. Sorry.

2004-01-31 11:38:11-05:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - ("Jose R. Perez" <jperez.ee94@gtalumni.org>)

Considering Charmed to me is only a fourth rate Buffy imitator with more T&A thrown in, I say thanks, but no thanks... -- Jose.

2004-01-31 16:49:38+00:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - ("R. Watson" <shanovia@earthlink.net>)

Cool idea but so not gonna happen! I remember as a kid, when network shows used to crossover(the shows being on the same network) and I thought nothing of it. Today stars don't even want to share the spotlight with their castmates, let alone another show. They would scream about screentime and continunity being messed-up! They don't realize it could boister the ratings for both shows and the timeline itself could be Elseworld episodes. But in the end, the most complaints would come from the fans of the shows themselves. "Frau Blucher" <kidsmuny@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hlJSb.62644$U%5.371601@attbi_s03... > Why not make a WB crossover episode(s)...they both deal w/ demons as a > common denominator, right? > Now that would make for some interesting drama (and don't forget...TNT knows > drama)....what would the Charmed Ones make out of Angel and Spike? Darkness > w/ souls on the good side. Would the Book of Shadows leap from Angel and > Spike's approach? And then Spike's attitude. Oh yeah baby. > > The possibilities are delicious. I'd say Phoebe would be drawn to Angel's > grim disposition, reminiscent of Cole in an unconscious way. Piper would > 'get with' Gunn, and she'd finally let her hair down, if you know what I > mean. Paige would have a love/hate affair w/ Spike. Hate the attitude, love > the hair and leather. And yes, poor Wesley would be on the outside looking > in..unless he discovered he was not "all that he can be" and falls for > Chris. > > Let's see...who did we leave out? Ok, Fred has a thing for Chris (sorry > Wesley, Chris just doesn't swing that way)...it's that sparkling light > orbing thing that razzles her dazzle. Well, if you are an Angel and Charmed > fan as I am, > I think you might agree that Lorne and the Sisters will really take to each > other, demon or not. > > And last but not least, Leo would find out about the Powers That Be (the new > ones), and we could have a whole episode on who is really in charge ....the > PTB or the Elders? > > C'mon people, I KNOW this could work. > > >

2004-01-31 18:09:56+00:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (Larry Caldwell <larryc@teleport.com>)

In article <2004013111381123668%jperezee94@gtalumniorg>, jperez.ee94 @gtalumni.org (Jose R. Perez) says... > Considering Charmed to me is only a fourth rate Buffy imitator with more > T&A thrown in, I say thanks, but no thanks... Lots more T&A. One of my big gripes with BTVS was that the characters got their wardrobe out of a dumpster. The weird sisters, OTOH, get their wardrobe out of a hooker's closet. It makes you wonder if the people in charge of wardrobe wear crap like that in real life. -- http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

2004-01-31 19:25:46+00:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

Jose wrote: >Considering Charmed to me is only a fourth rate Buffy imitator with more >T&A thrown in, I say thanks, but no thanks... > And the problem with that being? :-) Seriously, CHARMED is not on the level as BtVS or ANGEL, but during Seasons Four and Five of BtVS, I watched CHARMED pretty faithfully. Because it was a lot of fun, one of the missing ingredients in BtVS at the time. It satisfied my "hot chicks with super powers" jones while simultaneously allowing me to forget about the episode as soon as it was over. Which is great because when I catch CHARMED in reruns, I know I have seen an episode before, but it all seems brand new anyway. Plus, Alyssa Milano *and* Holly Marie Combs? That's quality television as far as I'm concerned. :-) Personally, I think a crossover would be, well, a lot of fun. At this point, I'm not that worried about the continuity of either show. John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-01-31 19:44:55+00:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (rl27 <rl27@hotmail.com>)

2004-01-31 20:59:00+00:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - ("Michael C." <mcsuper5@usol.com>)

On 31 Jan 2004 19:25:46 GMT, JVBGUY <jvbguy@aol.comnomail> wrote: > Jose wrote: > > >Considering Charmed to me is only a fourth rate Buffy imitator with more > >T&A thrown in, I say thanks, but no thanks... > > > > And the problem with that being? :-) I doubt they try to be a Buffy imitator, though I think AS stole a couple of episodes. > > Seriously, CHARMED is not on the level as BtVS or ANGEL, but during > Seasons Four and Five of BtVS, I watched CHARMED pretty faithfully. > Because it was a lot of fun, one of the missing ingredients in BtVS > at the time. It satisfied my "hot chicks with super powers" jones > while simultaneously allowing me to forget about the episode as soon > as it was over. Which is great because when I catch CHARMED in > reruns, I know I have seen an episode before, but it all seems brand > new anyway. > > Plus, Alyssa Milano *and* Holly Marie Combs? That's quality > television as far as I'm concerned. :-) With what the show's become I almost wish RM had replaced AM instead of SD. I'm more partial Rose McGowan and Holly Marie Combs, but my biggest problem with AM is that she speaks. I don't know if it's her delivery or the drivel the writers give her, but I'd rather listen to Andrew (and I'm not a fan.) I'm surprised it's lasted with the comic book stunts they've been pulling. > > Personally, I think a crossover would be, well, a lot of fun. At > this point, I'm not that worried about the continuity of either show. Neither are the writers. But I agree it could be fun, but I don't think the writers of either show could do it justice. The characters on Angel are too dark to mesh with the characters on Charmed, and the plots are to ridiculous on Charmed to mesh with Angel. Michael C. -- mcsuper5@usol.com http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/ Registered Linux User #303915 http://counter.li.org/

2004-01-31 21:15:56+00:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (thebinary@aol.composition)

>Why not make a WB crossover episode(s)...they both deal w/ demons as a >common denominator, right? I have been saying this on newsgroups forever, and yer JUST GETTING THIS IDEA NOW???--i. Aural aesthetics can be found at: Cesium137.com Metropolis-Records.com compositions available thru www.industrial-music.com ww.isotank.com tonedeafrecords.com or at other nifty little stores

2004-01-31 21:34:58+00:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (3D Master <3d.master@chello.nl>)

Jake wrote: > Frau Blucher wrote: > >>Why not make a WB crossover episode(s)...they both deal w/ demons as a >>common denominator, right? >>Now that would make for some interesting drama (and don't forget...TNT knows >>drama)....what would the Charmed Ones make out of Angel and Spike? Darkness >>w/ souls on the good side. Would the Book of Shadows leap from Angel and >>Spike's approach? And then Spike's attitude. Oh yeah baby. >> >>The possibilities are delicious. I'd say Phoebe would be drawn to Angel's >>grim disposition, reminiscent of Cole in an unconscious way. Piper would >>'get with' Gunn, and she'd finally let her hair down, if you know what I >>mean. Paige would have a love/hate affair w/ Spike. Hate the attitude, love >>the hair and leather. And yes, poor Wesley would be on the outside looking >>in..unless he discovered he was not "all that he can be" and falls for >>Chris. >> >>Let's see...who did we leave out? Ok, Fred has a thing for Chris (sorry >>Wesley, Chris just doesn't swing that way)...it's that sparkling light >>orbing thing that razzles her dazzle. Well, if you are an Angel and Charmed >>fan as I am, >>I think you might agree that Lorne and the Sisters will really take to each >>other, demon or not. >> >>And last but not least, Leo would find out about the Powers That Be (the new >>ones), and we could have a whole episode on who is really in charge ....the >>PTB or the Elders? >> >>C'mon people, I KNOW this could work. > > > Back when Charmed first appeared, a lot of people were clamoring for a > Buffy-Charmed crossover. Not Aaron Spelling's cup of tea, apparently. > One of the early first season Charmed episodes refers to Buffy as a TV > character. Actually, no, Prue said as she and Phoebe walked into a mausoleaum, and I quote: "Where's Buffy when you need her?" Now it can be a joke, about Buffy the Vampire Slayer the TV show, but can also be construed as they actually met in between episodes on screen, and she's nervously joking about wanting a Slayer's protection. 3D Master -- ~~~~~ "I've got something to say; it's better to burn out than to fade away!" - The Kurgan, Highlander "Give me some sugar, baby!" - Ashley J. 'Ash' Williams, Army of Darkness ~~~~~ Author of several stories, which can be found here: http://members.chello.nl/~jg.temolder1/

2004-01-31 23:36:26+00:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (Brother Love <hardwood@anatomy.org>)

"Frau Blucher" <kidsmuny@yahoo.com> wrote in inimitable style: > Why not make a WB crossover episode(s)...they both deal w/ demons as a > common denominator, right? > Now that would make for some interesting drama (and don't forget...TNT > knows drama)....what would the Charmed Ones make out of Angel and > Spike? Darkness w/ souls on the good side. Would the Book of Shadows > leap from Angel and Spike's approach? And then Spike's attitude. Oh > yeah baby. > > The possibilities are delicious. I'd say Phoebe would be drawn to > Angel's grim disposition, reminiscent of Cole in an unconscious way. > Piper would 'get with' Gunn, and she'd finally let her hair down, if > you know what I mean. Paige would have a love/hate affair w/ Spike. > Hate the attitude, love the hair and leather. And yes, poor Wesley > would be on the outside looking in..unless he discovered he was not > "all that he can be" and falls for Chris. > > Let's see...who did we leave out? Ok, Fred has a thing for Chris > (sorry Wesley, Chris just doesn't swing that way)...it's that > sparkling light orbing thing that razzles her dazzle. Well, if you are > an Angel and Charmed fan as I am, > I think you might agree that Lorne and the Sisters will really take to > each other, demon or not. > > And last but not least, Leo would find out about the Powers That Be > (the new ones), and we could have a whole episode on who is really in > charge ....the PTB or the Elders? > > C'mon people, I KNOW this could work. Send the screenscript in for this so that the producers will have it hand when 'Angel' is ready to jump the shark. -- The world is too dangerous to live in---not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." --- attributed to Albert Einstein

2004-02-01 03:14:08-08:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (jillun@hotmail.com)

I strongly recall an episode of Millenium where Frank's pursuit of a demon took him onto the set of X-Files. Yet still there was an X-Files episode later on which brought back Frank Black and reunited him with his daughter, despite that Millenium was no longer airing. So even if the one show does make it clear that the other is "only a tv show" hahah, it doesn't seem to rule out FOX allowing a crossover.

2004-02-02 01:39:34+00:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

Michael C wrote: >JVBGUY <jvbguy@aol.comnomail> wrote: >> Jose wrote: > >>>Considering Charmed to me is only a fourth rate Buffy imitator with more >>>T&A thrown in, I say thanks, but no thanks... >> > >> And the problem with that being? :-) >I doubt they try to be a Buffy imitator, though I think AS stole a >couple of episodes. Oh, I think it is pretty obvious that CHARMED was inspired by the success of Buffy, if not an outright imitation. Aaron Spelling probably got wind of what a critical success Buffy was and decided "Hot babes? Demons? Sounds good to me." I don't think calling it a Buffy imitator is actually an insult (though "fourth rate" is definitely meant to be derogatory.) The whole Xena/Buffy era inspired a wave of "hot chicks with superpowers" shows, CHARMED being one of the lighter ones, DARK ANGEL the one that didn't make it past season two, and ALIAS the one now getting the attention BtVS should have gotten from Hollywood. >With what the show's become I almost wish RM had replaced AM instead of >SD. I'm more partial Rose McGowan and Holly Marie Combs, but my biggest >problem with AM is that she speaks. I don't know if it's her delivery >or the drivel the writers give her, but I'd rather listen to Andrew (and >I'm not a fan.) I'm much more partial to Holly Marie Combs than anybody on the show. Holly has a wonderful natural beauty to her rather than a "I had these done over the weekend - do they look real?" beauty or a "I haven't eaten since since the Clinton Administration" beauty. >I'm surprised it's lasted with the comic book stunts they've been >pulling. This season, more than most, has been blatantly one excuse after another to get a sister or all three sisters into different sexy costumes, and to that end I echo President Bush and Senator John Kerry: "Bring it on!" It is what it is - an Aaron Spellling show. Considering what he's done in the past, the good, the bad and the absolutely friggin' stupid, CHARMED is definitely one of his nicer creations. Art for the ages? No. Fun television for an hour a week? Yes. Nice to know that a guy who started in TV in the fifties and pretty much defined TV for the late 70s and 80s can still pull off a watchable, fun and harmless show in the 21st century. >> Personally, I think a crossover would be, well, a lot of fun. At >> this point, I'm not that worried about the continuity of either show. >Neither are the writers. But I agree it could be fun, but I don't think >the writers of either show could do it justice. The characters on Angel >are too dark to mesh with the characters on Charmed, and the plots are >to ridiculous on Charmed to mesh with Angel. They would need to find a middle ground - light enough for the Halliwell sisters, dark enough for Angel Investigations. I'm not saying the history of the world would not be complete without an ANGEL/CHARMED crossover, just that, with a little imagination, it would be a good time had by all. And at this point, I doubt there would be any serious damage to the artistic integrity of ANGEL. That pretty much flew out the window when Spike was added to the cast, Harmony stopped drinking human blood for no apparent reason (because soulless vampires just do that all the time, right?) and Gunn became a lawyer. If this is to be the last year of ANGEL, let it go out in a blaze of goofiness with the Halliwell Sisters. And then call it a day for the whole Buffy/Angel franchise. But not CHARMED. May CHARMED live forever, to keep the memory of Aaron Spelling and "jiggle TV" alive. And to keep Holly Marie working. :-) John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-02-02 22:18:31+00:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (Frau Blucher <kidsmuny@yahoo.com>)

"Tim Bruening" <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message news:401B7BCD.D2F2787E@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us... > > > Frau Blucher wrote: > > > Why not make a WB crossover episode(s)...they both deal w/ demons as a > > common denominator, right? > > Now that would make for some interesting drama (and don't forget...TNT knows > > drama)....what would the Charmed Ones make out of Angel and Spike? Darkness > > w/ souls on the good side. Would the Book of Shadows leap from Angel and > > Spike's approach? And then Spike's attitude. Oh yeah baby. > > > > The possibilities are delicious. I'd say Phoebe would be drawn to Angel's > > grim disposition, reminiscent of Cole in an unconscious way. Piper would > > 'get with' Gunn, and she'd finally let her hair down, if you know what I > > mean. Paige would have a love/hate affair w/ Spike. Hate the attitude, love > > the hair and leather. And yes, poor Wesley would be on the outside looking > > in..unless he discovered he was not "all that he can be" and falls for > > Chris. > > > > Let's see...who did we leave out? Ok, Fred has a thing for Chris (sorry > > Wesley, Chris just doesn't swing that way)...it's that sparkling light > > orbing thing that razzles her dazzle. Well, if you are an Angel and Charmed > > fan as I am, > > I think you might agree that Lorne and the Sisters will really take to each > > other, demon or not. > > > > And last but not least, Leo would find out about the Powers That Be (the new > > ones), and we could have a whole episode on who is really in charge ....the > > PTB or the Elders? > > > > C'mon people, I KNOW this could work. > > I bet that the Charmed Ones would want to vanquish the Senior Partners, which > would put them at odds with Angel and his crew. Darn, yep, I knew I was leaving someone out....the SENIOR PARTNERS @ W&H. >

2004-02-03 05:20:16+00:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (pine106887@aol.comnospam)

I seem to recall an early Charmed episode where the tv was on and the newsperson was saying something like, "and further news in Sunnydale.." But I haven't watched this season at all, got really ticked off at the Piper/Leo thing. pine Starve a troll, feed a fever, that's my motto.

2004-02-03 05:39:26+00:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

Pine wrote: >I seem to recall an early Charmed episode where the tv was on and the >newsperson was saying something like, "and further news in Sunnydale.." > >But I haven't watched this season at all, got really ticked off at the >Piper/Leo thing. > There's a Piper/Leo thing? John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-02-03 12:57:33-05:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (Randy Money <rbmoney@spamblocklibrary.syr.edu>)

JVBGUY wrote: > Michael C wrote: > > [...] >>I doubt they try to be a Buffy imitator, though I think AS stole a >>couple of episodes. > > > Oh, I think it is pretty obvious that CHARMED was inspired by the success of > Buffy, if not an outright imitation. Aaron Spelling probably got wind of what > a critical success Buffy was and decided "Hot babes? Demons? Sounds good to > me." I don't think calling it a Buffy imitator is actually an insult (though > "fourth rate" is definitely meant to be derogatory.) A combo of BtVS and "Charlie's Angels," the latter a former Spelling hit series, with plots just as lame-brained. Roughly speaking, Milano parallels Farrah Fawcett, Coombs parallels Kate Jackson, and Doherty paralleled Jackie Smith. That last probably has the least one-to-one correspondance, though the others are not exact copies of the Angels' characters, either. So there's your episode name: "Angels' Angels". >>With what the show's become I almost wish RM had replaced AM instead of >>SD. I'm more partial Rose McGowan and Holly Marie Combs, but my biggest >>problem with AM is that she speaks. I don't know if it's her delivery >>or the drivel the writers give her, but I'd rather listen to Andrew (and >>I'm not a fan.) > > > I'm much more partial to Holly Marie Combs than anybody on the show. Holly has > a wonderful natural beauty to her rather than a "I had these done over the > weekend - do they look real?" beauty or a "I haven't eaten since since the > Clinton Administration" beauty. Wouldn't apply the latter to McGowan at all. On the other hand, I thought the writing and acting on the show improved drastically with the absense of SD -- not that I dislike Doherty, just that McGowan can act rings around her. > And to keep Holly Marie working. :-) > > John B. > I like the idea, but considering what she was able to do on "Picket Fences" -- as a teen carrying the moral core of the show for at least one season -- I'd love to see her in a show with more substance. Randy M.

2004-02-03 13:01:39-05:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (Randy Money <rbmoney@spamblocklibrary.syr.edu>)

Jillun wrote: > I strongly recall an episode of Millenium where Frank's pursuit of a > demon took him onto the set of X-Files. Yet still there was an > X-Files episode later on which brought back Frank Black and reunited > him with his daughter, despite that Millenium was no longer airing. > > So even if the one show does make it clear that the other is "only a > tv show" hahah, it doesn't seem to rule out FOX allowing a crossover. OT TV trivia: David Kelley and Chris Carter wanted to do an X-Files/Picket Fences crossover. Never happened; I take it CBS nixed the deal. But there was a PF episode that started out with a very similar situation to what had happened on an X-Files ep a week or so before, in a place not far from where PF was set, and the medical examiner knew about a couple of FBI agents coming across some pretty funny stuff over there, including a plane crash that strangely paralleled what had happened in that X-Files ep ... Probably just coincedence, of course. Randy M.

2004-02-03 22:38:52+00:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

Randy Money wrote: >JVBGUY wrote: > >> Oh, I think it is pretty obvious that CHARMED was inspired by the success of >> Buffy, if not an outright imitation. Aaron Spelling probably got wind of what >> a critical success Buffy was and decided "Hot babes? Demons? Sounds good to >> me." I don't think calling it a Buffy imitator is actually an insult (though >> "fourth rate" is definitely meant to be derogatory.) >A combo of BtVS and "Charlie's Angels," the latter a former Spelling hit >series, with plots just as lame-brained. I was actually thinking that when I was looking up what else Spelling had done. I guess Leo/The Elders would roughly parallel Charlie. >So there's your episode name: "Angels' Angels". Cute. I can even see the scene in my head where the three sisters walk into Wolfram and Hart. Lorne sees them first, has no idea who they are and says "Hello, Angels." >On the other hand, I >thought the writing and acting on the show improved drastically with the >absense of SD -- not that I dislike Doherty, just that McGowan can act >rings around her. McGowan certainly changed the dynamics of the sisters. She kind of replaced Phoebe/Alyssa as the flaky one. I liked the plots of the Doherty years but I like the sister-interplay more in the McGowan years. >> And to keep Holly Marie working. :-) >> >I like the idea, but considering what she was able to do on "Picket >Fences" -- as a teen carrying the moral core of the show for at least >one season -- I'd love to see her in a show with more substance. Yeah. Like water, Alyssa always seems to seek her own level, but Holly sometimes reveals herself to be too good to be stuck in CHARMED. Without getting too deep into a series that is little more than eye candy with monsters, Holly is kind of the moral center of CHARMED too - playing the character who is most saddled with family responsibility and the one always trying to keep the family together. She seems to get the most emotional scenes because she can handle them well. My favorite part of the series was when Phoebe was mourning the death of Pru while at the same time Alyssa was probably celebrating between scenes that Shannon Doherty was finally canned. :-) John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-02-06 14:38:16+01:00 - Re: Angel meets the Charmed Ones (and company) - (Ronny Nielsen <ronnyroy@osterbo-net.dk>)

They already killed all the vampires in the world.. was quite easy too... So Angel and Buffy must have taken place before Charmed :) "Tim Bruening" <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> skrev i en meddelelse news:401B7BCD.D2F2787E@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us... > > > Frau Blucher wrote: > > > Why not make a WB crossover episode(s)...they both deal w/ demons as a > > common denominator, right? > > Now that would make for some interesting drama (and don't forget...TNT knows > > drama)....what would the Charmed Ones make out of Angel and Spike? Darkness > > w/ souls on the good side. Would the Book of Shadows leap from Angel and > > Spike's approach? And then Spike's attitude. Oh yeah baby. > > > > The possibilities are delicious. I'd say Phoebe would be drawn to Angel's > > grim disposition, reminiscent of Cole in an unconscious way. Piper would > > 'get with' Gunn, and she'd finally let her hair down, if you know what I > > mean. Paige would have a love/hate affair w/ Spike. Hate the attitude, love > > the hair and leather. And yes, poor Wesley would be on the outside looking > > in..unless he discovered he was not "all that he can be" and falls for > > Chris. > > > > Let's see...who did we leave out? Ok, Fred has a thing for Chris (sorry > > Wesley, Chris just doesn't swing that way)...it's that sparkling light > > orbing thing that razzles her dazzle. Well, if you are an Angel and Charmed > > fan as I am, > > I think you might agree that Lorne and the Sisters will really take to each > > other, demon or not. > > > > And last but not least, Leo would find out about the Powers That Be (the new > > ones), and we could have a whole episode on who is really in charge ....the > > PTB or the Elders? > > > > C'mon people, I KNOW this could work. > > I bet that the Charmed Ones would want to vanquish the Senior Partners, which > would put them at odds with Angel and his crew. >