FLM films - My Webpage

2003-12-28 04:18:49+00:00 - The rest of the season... - (Chris Schumacher <kensu__@hotmail.com>)

(spoilers up until the Cordelia episode (5x11? 5x12?) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . It seems from the spoilers I've read that Lindsey isn't going to be the Big Bad this season. Or if he is, he's going to have to make an appearence down the road a bit. Anyone's opinion on this? I think it kinda sucks that they brought him back for a handful of episodes and then write him out the way they did. I guess there's always a chance that he'll come back with godlike powers or something... Also, why the Hell did they change his codename to Doyle? I liked it better when he was going to be known as Lenny (or something similar), what's with the brick-through-the-window subtlety here? Do they think we're too stupid to realize that he's playing the Doyle role in regards to Spike? -==Kensu==- Remember back in Season 2 when we used to get episodes which we thought were the best ever, only to be proven wrong the next week? Siiiiigh.

2003-12-31 21:47:51-08:00 - Re: The rest of the season... - (reldevik@usa.net)

Chris Schumacher <kensu__@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<81msuvkcl83id7t33vviq53sbjo1ban4dg@4ax.com>... > (spoilers up until the Cordelia episode (5x11? 5x12?) > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > > It seems from the spoilers I've read that Lindsey isn't going to be > the Big Bad this season. Or if he is, he's going to have to make an > appearence down the road a bit. > Anyone's opinion on this? I think it kinda sucks that they brought him > back for a handful of episodes and then write him out the way they > did. I guess there's always a chance that he'll come back with godlike > powers or something... > Also, why the Hell did they change his codename to Doyle? I liked it > better when he was going to be known as Lenny (or something similar), > what's with the brick-through-the-window subtlety here? Do they think > we're too stupid to realize that he's playing the Doyle role in > regards to Spike? --It's not to drop an anvil on thick-headed viewers. It's to supply a clue for the characters *in* the story. When talking to Angel and Cordy, Spike mentions his new friend and benefactor "Doyle." That's how Angel and Cordy twig. Makes sense to me. Calling himself "Doyle" is just the sort of brazen, mischievous thing Lindsey would do while twisting everyone's tail. I am disappointed that he disappears so abruptly at the end of episode 5.12, but I suppose there's some hope that he could be sent back through the dimensional portal at some point. Clairel