FLM films - My Webpage

2004-02-11 21:28:14-08:00 - Cordelia Who? - (PopuVamp@hotmail.com)

Well it's nice to see the gang have time to sit around and discuss what happened to both Lindsey and Eve, in what seemed like not too long after the confrontations, yet there was absolutely no mention that their close friend had just died? Not to mention the mystical circumstances under which she woke up from a coma, but really didn't? Are we to believe that no one remembers that this ever happened? No one seemed the least bit sad or in mourning? I don't need a whole episode full of grief and misery, but some kind of recognition would be nice. It kind of undermines the previous episode, and what cordelia meant to angel for him to be so unfazed by her death. Who wants to bet that cordelia will never be mentioned again on the show? It seems like Joss just wanted to "wrap" up her character quickly to appease the fans and then just pretend she never existed. Unfortunately.

2004-02-11 23:15:25-08:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

Mark Nobles wrote: > In article <484c4ce9.0402112128.585e8467@posting.google.com>, PopuVamp > <PopuVamp@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > Well it's nice to see the gang have time to sit around and discuss > > what happened to both Lindsey and Eve, in what seemed like not too > > long after the confrontations, yet there was absolutely no mention > > that their close friend had just died? Not to mention the mystical > > circumstances under which she woke up from a coma, but really didn't? > > Are we to believe that no one remembers that this ever happened? No > > one seemed the least bit sad or in mourning? I don't need a whole > > episode full of grief and misery, but some kind of recognition would > > be nice. It kind of undermines the previous episode, and what cordelia > > meant to angel for him to be so unfazed by her death. Who wants to bet > > that cordelia will never be mentioned again on the show? It seems like > > Joss just wanted to "wrap" up her character quickly to appease the > > fans and then just pretend she never existed. Unfortunately. > > She had been in a coma for, what, 8 months? Considering the odds of > waking up after that time, they had probably all given her up for dead > a long time ago, and done their mourning along the way. That's what > happens when people die slowly. Then when they get to the actual > funeral part, everyone considers it a blessing that it is finally over. > Thus, very little grieving left to be done, and very little done. Why didn't we get to see the actual funeral, with Angel, Spike, and Harmony weeping their heads off?

2004-02-12 05:41:03+00:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (aej17DELETEME@comcast.net)

PopuVamp <PopuVamp@hotmail.com> wrote: > Well it's nice to see the gang have time to sit around and discuss > what happened to both Lindsey and Eve, in what seemed like not too > long after the confrontations, yet there was absolutely no mention > that their close friend had just died? I didn't see the episode. Are you saying that they didn't even mention her once? Ugh. -- AE Jabbour "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." - Angel, "Epiphany"

2004-02-12 06:07:19+00:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (Mark Nobles <cmn-nospam@houston.rr.com>)

[...]

2004-02-12 06:30:25-08:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (PopuVamp@hotmail.com)

Mark Nobles <cmn-nospam@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:<120220040007195282%cmn-nospam@houston.rr.com>... > In article <484c4ce9.0402112128.585e8467@posting.google.com>, PopuVamp > <PopuVamp@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > Well it's nice to see the gang have time to sit around and discuss > > what happened to both Lindsey and Eve, in what seemed like not too > > long after the confrontations, yet there was absolutely no mention > > that their close friend had just died? Not to mention the mystical > > circumstances under which she woke up from a coma, but really didn't? > > Are we to believe that no one remembers that this ever happened? No > > one seemed the least bit sad or in mourning? I don't need a whole > > episode full of grief and misery, but some kind of recognition would > > be nice. It kind of undermines the previous episode, and what cordelia > > meant to angel for him to be so unfazed by her death. Who wants to bet > > that cordelia will never be mentioned again on the show? It seems like > > Joss just wanted to "wrap" up her character quickly to appease the > > fans and then just pretend she never existed. Unfortunately. > > She had been in a coma for, what, 8 months? Considering the odds of > waking up after that time, they had probably all given her up for dead > a long time ago, and done their mourning along the way. That's what > happens when people die slowly. Then when they get to the actual > funeral part, everyone considers it a blessing that it is finally over. > Thus, very little grieving left to be done, and very little done. She might have been in a coma for 8 months, but then she woke up, and so, even if they had given her up for dead before, now she was back with them, which would have made it even more cruel and painful for them to deal with, thinking you lost someone close to you, only to have them brought back to you, thinking they are well and back with you for good, only to die immediately after? Even though she did'nt "wake up" in the normal sense, to the whole gang she had been awake and spent that time with them, it's not like they hadn't talked or interacted with her for 8 months, and now they could finally just let her go. So her death would have been especially hard on them, and it had happened within a day or two of what we saw. There is no way she would have not come up once or they would have been somewhat sad, which was not in evidence at all.

2004-02-12 06:30:28+00:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

AE Jabbour wrote: >PopuVamp <PopuVamp@hotmail.com> wrote: >> Well it's nice to see the gang have time to sit around and discuss >> what happened to both Lindsey and Eve, in what seemed like not too >> long after the confrontations, yet there was absolutely no mention >> that their close friend had just died? > >I didn't see the episode. Are you saying that they didn't even >mention her once? > >Ugh. > Hey, come on. It's not like she was as important to the whole franchise as, say, Tara. :-) Seriously, I see you ugh and raise you a "shame shame". One little tiny sentence or gesture at the beginning of the episode couldn't have hurt. At least from Wesley. John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-02-12 06:34:24+00:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

Mark Nobles wrote: >PopuVamp ><PopuVamp@hotmail.com> wrote: > >> Well it's nice to see the gang have time to sit around and discuss >> what happened to both Lindsey and Eve, in what seemed like not too >> long after the confrontations, yet there was absolutely no mention >> that their close friend had just died? Not to mention the mystical >> circumstances under which she woke up from a coma, but really didn't? >> Are we to believe that no one remembers that this ever happened? No >> one seemed the least bit sad or in mourning? I don't need a whole >> episode full of grief and misery, but some kind of recognition would >> be nice. It kind of undermines the previous episode, and what cordelia >> meant to angel for him to be so unfazed by her death. Who wants to bet >> that cordelia will never be mentioned again on the show? It seems like >> Joss just wanted to "wrap" up her character quickly to appease the >> fans and then just pretend she never existed. Unfortunately. > >She had been in a coma for, what, 8 months? Considering the odds of >waking up after that time, they had probably all given her up for dead >a long time ago, and done their mourning along the way. That's what >happens when people die slowly. Then when they get to the actual >funeral part, everyone considers it a blessing that it is finally over. >Thus, very little grieving left to be done, and very little done. > > Yes, but this is TV and she has fans. I wasn't expecting a weepfest, but a sentence between Angel and Wesley wouldn'y have thrown the story out of whack. After that, I wouldn't care if they never mentioned her again. But the episode after... we had Willow putting flowers at Tara's grave a year later in BtVS. John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-02-12 07:05:54+00:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (aej17DELETEME@comcast.net)

JVBGUY <jvbguy@aol.comnomail> wrote: > AE Jabbour wrote: >> >>Ugh. >> > > Hey, come on. It's not like she was as important to the whole franchise as, > say, Tara. :-) > > Seriously, I see you ugh and raise you a "shame shame". One little tiny > sentence or gesture at the beginning of the episode couldn't have hurt. At > least from Wesley. Like I said, I didn't see the episode. But you are the second or third person to say that they didn't even refer to Cordy. I can't believe it. -- AE Jabbour "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." - Angel, "Epiphany"

2004-02-12 07:40:29+00:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (Chris Schumacher <kensu__@hotmail.com>)

On 11 Feb 2004 21:28:14 -0800, PopuVamp@hotmail.com (PopuVamp) wrote: >Well it's nice to see the gang have time to sit around and discuss >what happened to both Lindsey and Eve, in what seemed like not too >long after the confrontations, yet there was absolutely no mention >that their close friend had just died? Considering that when we last saw the gang, they were going off to get a drink, this must take place at least a day later. They could've spent the entire day mourning Cordy, which might explain why they all had work to catch up on. -==Kensu==-

2004-02-12 11:05:10-05:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - ("C.L. Lassiter" <seaelle@unc.edu>)

JVBGUY <jvbguy@aol.comnomail> wrote: > AE Jabbour wrote: >>PopuVamp <PopuVamp@hotmail.com> wrote: >>> Well it's nice to see the gang have time to sit around and discuss >>> what happened to both Lindsey and Eve, in what seemed like not too >>> long after the confrontations, yet there was absolutely no mention >>> that their close friend had just died? >> >>I didn't see the episode. Are you saying that they didn't even >>mention her once? Yeah, that jumped out at me too. > Seriously, I see you ugh and raise you a "shame shame". One little tiny > sentence or gesture at the beginning of the episode couldn't have hurt. At > least from Wesley. Hear! Hear! cl

2004-02-12 15:00:24+00:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (KenM47 <KenM47@ix.netcom.com>)

PopuVamp@hotmail.com (PopuVamp) wrote: >Mark Nobles <cmn-nospam@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:<120220040007195282%cmn-nospam@houston.rr.com>... >> In article <484c4ce9.0402112128.585e8467@posting.google.com>, PopuVamp >> <PopuVamp@hotmail.com> wrote: >> >> > Well it's nice to see the gang have time to sit around and discuss >> > what happened to both Lindsey and Eve, in what seemed like not too >> > long after the confrontations, yet there was absolutely no mention >> > that their close friend had just died? Not to mention the mystical >> > circumstances under which she woke up from a coma, but really didn't? >> > Are we to believe that no one remembers that this ever happened? No >> > one seemed the least bit sad or in mourning? I don't need a whole >> > episode full of grief and misery, but some kind of recognition would >> > be nice. It kind of undermines the previous episode, and what cordelia >> > meant to angel for him to be so unfazed by her death. Who wants to bet >> > that cordelia will never be mentioned again on the show? It seems like >> > Joss just wanted to "wrap" up her character quickly to appease the >> > fans and then just pretend she never existed. Unfortunately. >> >> She had been in a coma for, what, 8 months? Considering the odds of >> waking up after that time, they had probably all given her up for dead >> a long time ago, and done their mourning along the way. That's what >> happens when people die slowly. Then when they get to the actual >> funeral part, everyone considers it a blessing that it is finally over. >> Thus, very little grieving left to be done, and very little done. > >She might have been in a coma for 8 months, but then she woke up, and >so, even if they had given her up for dead before, now she was back >with them, which would have made it even more cruel and painful for >them to deal with, thinking you lost someone close to you, only to >have them brought back to you, thinking they are well and back with >you for good, only to die immediately after? Even though she did'nt >"wake up" in the normal sense, to the whole gang she had been awake >and spent that time with them, it's not like they hadn't talked or >interacted with her for 8 months, and now they could finally just let >her go. So her death would have been especially hard on them, and it >had happened within a day or two of what we saw. There is no way she >would have not come up once or they would have been somewhat sad, >which was not in evidence at all. Could it be they're going with another Connor/IWRY thing? Only Angel remembers the return of Cordy kind of thing? Ken

2004-02-12 15:11:43+00:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

KenM47 wrote: >Could it be they're going with another Connor/IWRY thing? Only Angel >remembers the return of Cordy kind of thing? > >Ken I doubt it, since Cordy herself asked Angel to "explain to the gang, once you understand" at the end of "You're Welcome". John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com "If you were cute and little like this, you would naturally be afraid of a man six times your size." - trailer for ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

2004-02-12 17:54:12+00:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (KenM47 <KenM47@ix.netcom.com>)

jvbguy@aol.comnomail (JVBGUY) wrote: >KenM47 wrote: > >>Could it be they're going with another Connor/IWRY thing? Only Angel >>remembers the return of Cordy kind of thing? >> >>Ken > >I doubt it, since Cordy herself asked Angel to "explain to the gang, once you >understand" at the end of "You're Welcome". > > > >John B. > Good point. We'll see if that happens. Ken

2004-02-12 19:37:40-05:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (gmm <gmm@yahoo.com>)

In article <402B280D.95E0470C@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>, tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us says... > > > Mark Nobles wrote: > > > In article <484c4ce9.0402112128.585e8467@posting.google.com>, PopuVamp > > <PopuVamp@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > > > Well it's nice to see the gang have time to sit around and discuss > > > what happened to both Lindsey and Eve, in what seemed like not too > > > long after the confrontations, yet there was absolutely no mention > > > that their close friend had just died? Not to mention the mystical > > > circumstances under which she woke up from a coma, but really didn't? > > > Are we to believe that no one remembers that this ever happened? No > > > one seemed the least bit sad or in mourning? I don't need a whole > > > episode full of grief and misery, but some kind of recognition would > > > be nice. It kind of undermines the previous episode, and what cordelia > > > meant to angel for him to be so unfazed by her death. Who wants to bet > > > that cordelia will never be mentioned again on the show? It seems like > > > Joss just wanted to "wrap" up her character quickly to appease the > > > fans and then just pretend she never existed. Unfortunately. > > > > She had been in a coma for, what, 8 months? Considering the odds of > > waking up after that time, they had probably all given her up for dead > > a long time ago, and done their mourning along the way. That's what > > happens when people die slowly. Then when they get to the actual > > funeral part, everyone considers it a blessing that it is finally over. > > Thus, very little grieving left to be done, and very little done. > > Why didn't we get to see the actual funeral, with Angel, Spike, and Harmony > weeping their heads off? > > probably would have been a midnight ceremony, otherwise the weepers would have joined the deceased. also, has anyone notifed the ghost in her apt?

2004-02-13 01:00:33+00:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

2004-02-13 10:01:11+00:00 - Re: Cordelia Who? - (cmk1996@aol.com)