FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-20 21:27:39-07:00 - Buffy Finale : I would have done show in New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, all things being equal... - ("http://CBC.am/home.htm {Radio Canada}" <mikehack@u.washington.edu>)

Well now that Buffy (The American Imperialist) Vampire Slayer show is over for good, I would like to add that I would have done the following in the production of this show: Geographical Setting: New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, with occasional jaunts to Newfoundland outports Buffey: A bilingual girl from New Bruinswick, a redhead Willow: An Ontario import, but not a redhead -- and not from Toronto Cordelia: A BC girl Rupert Giles: A middle aged Kiwi expat Angel/Angelus: A similar bloke from Quebec, French to the core Dawn: Yet another New Bruinswick girl Tara: A Carrabean girl, from Toronto I would beyond doubt change many aspects of the production and plot points, as Buffy as it exists now is too American centric -- so much so that it draws suspision.

2003-05-21 02:57:03-05:00 - Re: Buffy Finale : I would have done show in New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, all things being equal... - ("Joseph S. Powell, III" <jpowell180@charter.net>)

????????????????????? (??? ?? ?!?!?!?). ?? "http://CBC.am/home.htm {Radio Canada}" <mikehack@u.washington.edu> wrote in message news:baevh7$kh0$2@nntp1.u.washington.edu... > Well now that Buffy (The American Imperialist) Vampire Slayer show is over > for good, I would like to add that I would have done the following in the > production of this show: > > Geographical Setting: > New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, with occasional jaunts to Newfoundland > outports > > Buffey: > A bilingual girl from New Bruinswick, a redhead > > Willow: > An Ontario import, but not a redhead -- and not from Toronto > > Cordelia: > A BC girl > > Rupert Giles: > A middle aged Kiwi expat > > Angel/Angelus: > A similar bloke from Quebec, French to the core > > Dawn: > Yet another New Bruinswick girl > > Tara: > A Carrabean girl, from Toronto > > I would beyond doubt change many aspects of the production and plot points, > as Buffy as it exists now is too American centric -- so much so that it > draws suspision. > > >

2003-05-21 07:16:11+00:00 - Re: Buffy Finale : I would have done show in New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, all things being equal... - ("E. Deirdre Brooks" <kalimagdalene@attbi.com>)

"http://CBC.am/home.htm {Radio Canada}" wrote: > > I would beyond doubt change many aspects of the production and plot points, > as Buffy as it exists now is too American centric -- so much so that it > draws suspision. Oh, wow. Troll much? -- E. D. Brooks | kalimagdalene@attbi.com | US2002021724 Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG AeonAdventure | "Why, in my day, we used to fight the Lord of Terror with nothing but a sharp stick!" -- www.reallifecomics.com

2003-05-21 10:17:44-04:00 - Re: Buffy Finale : I would have done show in New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, all things being equal... - (Mark Brown <mark.brown@cyberus.ca>)

"http://CBC.am/home.htm {Radio Canada}" <mikehack@u.washington.edu> wrote in message news:baevh7$kh0$2@nntp1.u.washington.edu... > Well now that Buffy (The American Imperialist) Vampire Slayer show is over > for good, *throws stuff at the CBC Troll* *SNIP* > Geographical Setting: > New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, with occasional jaunts to Newfoundland > outports *SNIP* Which would kinda ruin the whole use of the "valley girl" archetype. 9_9 Mark "Besides, do NB or NS really ~need~ a Hellmouth?"

2003-05-21 21:21:15+00:00 - Re: Buffy Finale : I would have done show in New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, all things being equal... - (ai789@chebucto.ns.ca)

Mark Brown (mark.brown@cyberus.ca) wrote: : "http://CBC.am/home.htm {Radio Canada}" <mikehack@u.washington.edu> wrote in : message news:baevh7$kh0$2@nntp1.u.washington.edu... : > Well now that Buffy (The American Imperialist) Vampire Slayer show is over : > for good, : *throws stuff at the CBC Troll* : *SNIP* : > Geographical Setting: : > New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, with occasional jaunts to Newfoundland : > outports : *SNIP* : Which would kinda ruin the whole use of the "valley girl" archetype. 9_9 : Mark : "Besides, do NB or NS really ~need~ a Hellmouth?" We already have one: it's called the Federal government. Opens wide every 4-5 years (ie elections, but never really closes), then we get screwed no matter who's in power. In NS, the provincial politics don't appear to be that much different. Don H. --

2003-05-21 22:26:55-07:00 - Re: Buffy Finale : I would have done show in New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, all things being equal... - (vendonah@webtv.net)

"http://CBC.am/home.htm {Radio Canada}" <mikehack@u.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<baevh7$kh0$2@nntp1.u.washington.edu>... > Well now that Buffy (The American Imperialist) Vampire Slayer show is over > for good, I would like to add that I would have done the following in the > production of this show: > > Geographical Setting: > New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, with occasional jaunts to Newfoundland > outports > > Buffey: > A bilingual girl from New Bruinswick, a redhead > > Willow: > An Ontario import, but not a redhead -- and not from Toronto > > Cordelia: > A BC girl > > Rupert Giles: > A middle aged Kiwi expat > > Angel/Angelus: > A similar bloke from Quebec, French to the core > > Dawn: > Yet another New Bruinswick girl > > Tara: > A Carrabean girl, from Toronto *> > I would beyond doubt change many aspects of the production and plot points, > as Buffy as it exists now is too American centric -- so much so that it > draws suspision. *********"I'd have the show take place in New Brunswick, new jersey,USA since it's already a hellmouth.......

2003-05-22 00:06:25+00:00 - Re: Buffy Finale : I would have done show in New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, all things being equal... - (ewd_tang@ateceatdoteecsdotconcordiadot.ca)

In alt.tv.andromeda http://CBC.am/home.htm {Radio Canada} <mikehack@u.washington.edu> wrote: : Well now that Buffy (The American Imperialist) Vampire Slayer show is over : for good, I would like to add that I would have done the following in the : production of this show: : Geographical Setting: : New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, with occasional jaunts to Newfoundland : outports Ugh Black Harbour:Vampire Slayer? : Angel/Angelus: : A similar bloke from Quebec, French to the core Not Acadian? : I would beyond doubt change many aspects of the production and plot points, : as Buffy as it exists now is too American centric -- so much so that it : draws suspision. How about: Buffie, fake blond - A Montreal girl transplanted to the boonies, ie. New Brunswick <G> * she burned down her highschool with a bong accident, because the vampires where using it to inhale blood fumes her mother, Yvette - A Terrebonne girl who'd become a powersuited lawyer Willow - a goth chick from Hamilton, transplanted to the boonies, ie. New Brunswick <G> Tara - a Nova Scotia gal heading to UNB, totally backwater Dawn - dresses like a Montreal streetwalker, attitude, biker chick Xander - Gay, Kids in the Hall type guy Giles - a drunken Scottish soccer hooligan who used to do black magic for fun Angel/Angelus - Angel - a dashing Lebanese immigrant guy - Angelus - Angel in drag, looking like Draghoula Spike - a BC pothead Vampire growing illicit MJ in the potato fields, carries a bong to inhale blood Anya - a Raelian clone The Mayor - Mel Lastman :) The Principal - a disgruntled fired performer from Cirque du Soleil Finn - a gungho Albertan

2003-05-22 20:47:01+00:00 - Re: Buffy Finale : I would have done show in New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, all things being equal... - (ewd_tang@ateceatdoteecsdotconcordiadot.ca)

In alt.tv.andromeda vendo <vendonah@webtv.net> wrote: : *********"I'd have the show take place in New Brunswick, new : jersey,USA since it's already a hellmouth....... I thought it was a toxic waste dump...

2003-06-22 03:07:11+00:00 - Re: Buffy Finale : I would have done show in New Bruinswick or Nova Scotia, all things being equal... - (nvanrijn@home.com)

On Wed, 21 May 2003 07:16:11 GMT, "E. Deirdre Brooks" <kalimagdalene@attbi.com> wrote: >"http://CBC.am/home.htm {Radio Canada}" wrote: >> >> I would beyond doubt change many aspects of the production and plot points, >> as Buffy as it exists now is too American centric -- so much so that it >> draws suspision. > >Oh, wow. Troll much? **sighs** Very much.