FLM films - My Webpage

2004-05-05 22:32:01-05:00 - Why Whedon's evil--once again - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

With only 2 episodes left, Whedon has whipped up possibly the best character we have never met, and prolly never will. As another professional writer, Peter David, pointed out, www.peterdavid.net, about last week's show: It's virtually all character-driven. It's even moreso this week--and yet, wouldn't you have loved "seeing" more of The Immortal? He could have been a great running gag that we never see, like Norm's wife on CHEERS. He could pop up occassionally and save their bacon--or trip them up. But tis not to be. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-05-05 22:46:21-05:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - (Pam <pheinze@iowatelecom.net>)

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:8K6dnXrcbosvLATdRVn-sQ@comcast.com... > With only 2 episodes left, Whedon has whipped up possibly the best character > we have never met, and prolly never will. As another professional writer, > Peter David, pointed out, www.peterdavid.net, about last week's show: It's > virtually all character-driven. It's even moreso this week--and yet, > wouldn't you have loved "seeing" more of The Immortal? > > He could have been a great running gag that we never see, like Norm's wife > on CHEERS. He could pop up occassionally and save their bacon--or trip them > up. But tis not to be. > > -- Ken from Chicago > > In 2000 the WB station I watch was showing "The Immortal" starring Lorenzo Lamas. Alas, the show only ran for one season. But, he was made immortal some time in the 16th century, so it would have been about right for him to make it to Italy 300 years before Angelus and Spike in the 19th century. I sort of wondered if the references in this show were a tribute to that show. Many panned it as a bad Highlander rip-off, but I rather liked it. Lorenzo Lamas! Rowr!

2004-05-06 01:17:42-04:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - (st <striketoo@hotmail.com>)

On 6 May 2004 03:41:59 GMT, "Steve D. Perkins" <dontwritesteve@hotmail.com> wrote: > The same could be said for the "Senior Partners". We've had plenty >of hints dropped over the years that they're just super-powered demons, not >even on the level of gods like Glory, Jasmine, Illyria, etc. Still, >they've been off-camera constants driving the entire series. They HAVE to >be off-camera... what could you possibly put on camera at this point that >wouldn't be a letdown and tarnish the whole series? Jonathan? st -- "But she was naked, and all articulate!" - Mal Reynolds, Firefly.

2004-05-06 03:01:11-05:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: "Pam" <pheinze@iowatelecom.net> wrote in <c7cced$seg$1@news.netins.net>: > > In 2000 the WB station I watch was showing "The Immortal" starring Lorenzo > Lamas. Alas, the show only ran for one season. But, he was made immortal > some time in the 16th century, so it would have been about right for him to > make it to Italy 300 years before Angelus and Spike in the 19th century. I > sort of wondered if the references in this show were a tribute to that show. > > Many panned it as a bad Highlander rip-off, but I rather liked it. Lorenzo > Lamas! Rowr! Speaking as a heterosexual male, Lorenzo Lamas is no Adrian Paul. He's not even a Christopher Lambert. -- "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" -- Winifred Burkle Roberto Castillo robertocastillo@ameritech.net http://www.freewebs.com/robertocastillo/

2004-05-06 03:41:59+00:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - ("Steve D. Perkins" <dontwritesteve@hotmail.com>)

2004-05-06 04:01:19-05:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Steve D. Perkins" <dontwritesteve@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns94E0F10647A7Egeneralsteveperkins@130.133.1.4... > The same could be said for the "Senior Partners". We've had plenty > of hints dropped over the years that they're just super-powered demons, not > even on the level of gods like Glory, Jasmine, Illyria, etc. Still, > they've been off-camera constants driving the entire series. They HAVE to > be off-camera... what could you possibly put on camera at this point that > wouldn't be a letdown and tarnish the whole series? Wait, one of them appeared during the 2nd season. Manifested I believe. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-05-06 04:02:52-05:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Pam" <pheinze@iowatelecom.net> wrote in message news:c7cced$seg$1@news.netins.net... > > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message > news:8K6dnXrcbosvLATdRVn-sQ@comcast.com... > > With only 2 episodes left, Whedon has whipped up possibly the best > character > > we have never met, and prolly never will. As another professional writer, > > Peter David, pointed out, www.peterdavid.net, about last week's show: It's > > virtually all character-driven. It's even moreso this week--and yet, > > wouldn't you have loved "seeing" more of The Immortal? > > > > He could have been a great running gag that we never see, like Norm's > wife > > on CHEERS. He could pop up occassionally and save their bacon--or trip > them > > up. But tis not to be. > > > > -- Ken from Chicago > > > > > > In 2000 the WB station I watch was showing "The Immortal" starring Lorenzo > Lamas. Alas, the show only ran for one season. But, he was made immortal > some time in the 16th century, so it would have been about right for him to > make it to Italy 300 years before Angelus and Spike in the 19th century. I > sort of wondered if the references in this show were a tribute to that show. > > Many panned it as a bad Highlander rip-off, but I rather liked it. Lorenzo > Lamas! Rowr! It was a bad HIGHLANDER rip-off. Lamas was much better on FALCON CREST, RENEGADE and those straight-to-cable movies he made with this then-girlfriend. -- Ken from Chicago

2004-05-06 04:04:10-05:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Zombie Elvis" <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:m4sj90d3mt3lcvqiral73cvk34hf1pdjm4@4ax.com... > It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs > and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: "Pam" > <pheinze@iowatelecom.net> wrote in <c7cced$seg$1@news.netins.net>: > > > > > In 2000 the WB station I watch was showing "The Immortal" starring Lorenzo > > Lamas. Alas, the show only ran for one season. But, he was made immortal > > some time in the 16th century, so it would have been about right for him to > > make it to Italy 300 years before Angelus and Spike in the 19th century. I > > sort of wondered if the references in this show were a tribute to that show. > > > > Many panned it as a bad Highlander rip-off, but I rather liked it. Lorenzo > > Lamas! Rowr! > > Speaking as a heterosexual male, Lorenzo Lamas is no Adrian Paul. He's > not even a Christopher Lambert. > > -- > "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for > inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, > look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" > -- Winifred Burkle > > Roberto Castillo > robertocastillo@ameritech.net > http://www.freewebs.com/robertocastillo/ > It would have been a major coup had Whedon managed to swing to get either Paul or Lambert to do a cameo as "The Immortal". -- Ken from Chicago

2004-05-06 04:33:54-05:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in <YeWdnQGopZEWYgTdRVn_iw@comcast.com>: > > It would have been a major coup had Whedon managed to swing to get either > Paul or Lambert to do a cameo as "The Immortal". To put it in wrestling terms, a lot of fans would have "marked out." -- "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" -- Winifred Burkle Roberto Castillo robertocastillo@ameritech.net http://www.freewebs.com/robertocastillo/

2004-05-06 04:35:19-05:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in <htKdnVqPMaGgYgTdRVn-ug@comcast.com>: > > "Pam" <pheinze@iowatelecom.net> wrote in message > news:c7cced$seg$1@news.netins.net... > > > > In 2000 the WB station I watch was showing "The Immortal" starring Lorenzo > > Lamas. Alas, the show only ran for one season. But, he was made immortal > > some time in the 16th century, so it would have been about right for him > to > > make it to Italy 300 years before Angelus and Spike in the 19th century. > I > > sort of wondered if the references in this show were a tribute to that > show. > > > > Many panned it as a bad Highlander rip-off, but I rather liked it. > Lorenzo > > Lamas! Rowr! > > It was a bad HIGHLANDER rip-off. Lamas was much better on FALCON CREST, > RENEGADE and those straight-to-cable movies he made with this > then-girlfriend. > Although in all fairness, The Immortal was somewhat better than Are You Hot, Or not? -- "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" -- Winifred Burkle Roberto Castillo robertocastillo@ameritech.net http://www.freewebs.com/robertocastillo/

2004-05-06 04:49:42-05:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Zombie Elvis" <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:1j1k90tsis7kop6drev9o7jfck2o3ll1h8@4ax.com... > It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs > and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: "Ken > from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in > <YeWdnQGopZEWYgTdRVn_iw@comcast.com>: > > > > It would have been a major coup had Whedon managed to swing to get either > > Paul or Lambert to do a cameo as "The Immortal". > > To put it in wrestling terms, a lot of fans would have "marked out." > > -- > "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for > inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, > look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" > -- Winifred Burkle > > Roberto Castillo > robertocastillo@ameritech.net > http://www.freewebs.com/robertocastillo/ Okay, for those of us without our Wrestling-To-American dictionary handy, can you translate? -- Ken from Chicago

2004-05-06 04:50:53-05:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - (Ken from Chicago <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Zombie Elvis" <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:5l1k90ls0v0u36c7m7o89d7jj0u3oqnbom@4ax.com... > It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs > and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: "Ken > from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in > <htKdnVqPMaGgYgTdRVn-ug@comcast.com>: > > > > > "Pam" <pheinze@iowatelecom.net> wrote in message > > news:c7cced$seg$1@news.netins.net... > > > > > > In 2000 the WB station I watch was showing "The Immortal" starring Lorenzo > > > Lamas. Alas, the show only ran for one season. But, he was made immortal > > > some time in the 16th century, so it would have been about right for him > > to > > > make it to Italy 300 years before Angelus and Spike in the 19th century. > > I > > > sort of wondered if the references in this show were a tribute to that > > show. > > > > > > Many panned it as a bad Highlander rip-off, but I rather liked it. > > Lorenzo > > > Lamas! Rowr! > > > > It was a bad HIGHLANDER rip-off. Lamas was much better on FALCON CREST, > > RENEGADE and those straight-to-cable movies he made with this > > then-girlfriend. > > > Although in all fairness, The Immortal was somewhat better than Are > You Hot, Or not? > > -- > "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for > inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, > look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" > -- Winifred Burkle > > Roberto Castillo > robertocastillo@ameritech.net > http://www.freewebs.com/robertocastillo/ See, I was trying to be nice to the "international [snicker] heartthrob". -- Ken from Chicago

2004-05-06 20:55:18-04:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - (nfway <me@here.com>)

In article <2uGdnVtP-4N9YwTdRVn-sA@comcast.com>, kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net says... > > "Steve D. Perkins" <dontwritesteve@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:Xns94E0F10647A7Egeneralsteveperkins@130.133.1.4... > > The same could be said for the "Senior Partners". We've had plenty > > of hints dropped over the years that they're just super-powered demons, > not > > even on the level of gods like Glory, Jasmine, Illyria, etc. Still, > > they've been off-camera constants driving the entire series. They HAVE to > > be off-camera... what could you possibly put on camera at this point that > > wouldn't be a letdown and tarnish the whole series? > > Wait, one of them appeared during the 2nd season. Manifested I believe. > > -- Ken from Chicago > > > yes, but not in his real form. he adopted the form of another daemon more suited to the method inter-dimensional travel he was using to arrive at W&H.

2004-05-07 06:37:21+00:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - (Mark Lippert <lippert@REMOVEhurtsquirrels.com>)

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in news:w7Kdneeri9Wqlwfd4p2dnA@comcast.com: > "Zombie Elvis" <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote >> To put it in wrestling terms, a lot of fans would have "marked out." > > Okay, for those of us without our Wrestling-To-American dictionary handy, > can you translate? A lot of fans would have gone bat-shit crazy on an orgasmic level.

2004-05-11 18:14:46-05:00 - Re: Why Whedon's evil--once again - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: Mark Lippert <lippert@REMOVEhurtsquirrels.com> wrote in <Xns94E2102FCA197lipperthurtsquirrels@24.94.170.86>: > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in > news:w7Kdneeri9Wqlwfd4p2dnA@comcast.com: > > "Zombie Elvis" <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote > >> To put it in wrestling terms, a lot of fans would have "marked out." > > > > Okay, for those of us without our Wrestling-To-American dictionary handy, > > can you translate? > > A lot of fans would have gone bat-shit crazy on an orgasmic level. That's essentially correct. It's popular for wrestling fans on the Internet to refer to less sophisticated fans as "marks" (note the carnie reference), so when you let down your inhibitions and cheer wildly like some drunken idiot, you've "marked out." -- "Screw destiny! Destiny's just another word for inevitable. And nothing's inevitable if you stand up, look it in the eye and say, 'You're evitable.'" -- Winifred Burkle Roberto Castillo robertocastillo@ameritech.net http://www.freewebs.com/robertocastillo/