FLM films - My Webpage

2004-02-23 11:40:15-08:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (igs622001@yahoo.com)

Stan Jensen <spam@wonderful.Spam> wrote in message news:<qe8k3097ts48chcqalgtntcc5rq6ns2015@4ax.com>... > Fury added that he wasn't optimistic about future Angel movies of the > week, which The WB has held out as a possible continuing venue for the > show's mythology. It's sad to see the Buffyverse finally coming to an end on television. However... > "I think there's some time [that] would have to pass > before we'd seriously start considering it," Fury said. Angel > co-creator Joss Whedon will soon be heavily involved in a proposed > feature film based on his canceled SF western series Firefly, Fury > added. This is a silver lining. The news from Universal about the FIREFLY movies is looking more promising all the time. Even if the Buffyverse is finally passing away, this is something to look forward to.

2004-02-23 11:55:12-05:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <Ptp_b.36753$n17.11418@clgrps13>, DangerGirl� <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com> wrote: > Thats too bad, I will miss this show a lot. Seems there is isn't much of > anything good to watch anymore. Angel movies sounds interesting though. Star > Trek does well after the series ends and goes into movies, maybe thats the > route that Angel should take? It's a thought. Wednesday nights are going to > be a drag now! It took ten years between the end of the Star Trek series, and the first movie, and I think it will take more than putting DB in a girdle to make him look like he hasn't aged quite a bit by then. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2004-02-23 12:15:00-05:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:55:12 -0500, Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: >In article <Ptp_b.36753$n17.11418@clgrps13>, DangerGirl� ><dangergir_eh@yahoo.com> wrote: > >> Thats too bad, I will miss this show a lot. Seems there is isn't much of >> anything good to watch anymore. Angel movies sounds interesting though. Star >> Trek does well after the series ends and goes into movies, maybe thats the >> route that Angel should take? It's a thought. Wednesday nights are going to >> be a drag now! > >It took ten years between the end of the Star Trek series, and the >first movie, and I think it will take more than putting DB in a girdle >to make him look like he hasn't aged quite a bit by then. Heck. He doesn't even look like the same person now as the one who started out on Buffy's first season. Not that I think he looks bad. Just very different. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2004-02-23 13:37:39-08:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (josie_h@yahoo.com)

> Thats too bad, I will miss this show a lot. Seems there is isn't much of > anything good to watch anymore. Angel movies sounds interesting though. Star > Trek does well after the series ends and goes into movies, maybe thats the > route that Angel should take? It's a thought. Wednesday nights are going to > be a drag now! Hmmmph glad I bought a DVD player - there will be *nothing* left worthy of watching ...... ahhh well... looks like reading is going to be the entertainment of choice again.

2004-02-23 15:52:16-06:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - ("John R. Sellers" <jrsellers@nospam.net>)

"Ian" <igs622001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5aa58763.0402231140.4ea26d12@posting.google.com... > The news from Universal about the FIREFLY movies is looking more > promising all the time. Their just wasting their money. Firefly was awful, IMHO. -- Please do not top-post.

2004-02-23 15:55:14+00:00 - [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (Stan Jensen <spam@wonderful.Spam>)

Angel Fate Seems Grim David Fury, executive producer of The WB's canceled vampire series Angel, told SCI FI Wire that he was doubtful the show will migrate to UPN next year, though he confirmed that talks are underway. "There were and are conversations going on with UPN," Fury said in an interview at the Wolfram & Hart Annual Revue fan charity ball on Feb. 21. Fury added, "But in all likelihood they don't have the financial wherewithal to continue the series. It's less expensive than Buffy was for them, but trying to bring a show that's ... going to be going into its sixth season, it's not really financially responsible for them to pick up a show that doesn't really have much of a future beyond one more season." UPN picked up two more seasons of Angel's predecessor series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, after The WB canceled it. Fury added that he wasn't optimistic about future Angel movies of the week, which The WB has held out as a possible continuing venue for the show's mythology. "I think there's some time [that] would have to pass before we'd seriously start considering it," Fury said. Angel co-creator Joss Whedon will soon be heavily involved in a proposed feature film based on his canceled SF western series Firefly, Fury added. "Joss' response to that offer was, 'Who's going to make [an Angel movie] for you?' Because he's going to be off doing a motion picture, Firefly, and he'll be consumed with that for some time. And presumably everybody else on the show will have moved on to other projects, although we'd love to continue to work together, and we will try to, I'm sure, in our various capacities. But as far as the movies go, I don't expect you'll hear anything announced about that for another year. And by that time, again, everybody will have moved on, actors and writers. And it just may be a hard thing to actually realize." As for Angel's series-ending story arc, Fury said, he doubted that Buffy star Sarah Michelle Gellar will be making a guest appearance. "Well, that's entirely up to Sarah, and frankly, I think she's out of the country [in Japan] doing a movie [The Grudge], ... so I'm very doubtful that she's going to be able to come back. And the problem with her coming back anyway is that it sort of invites closure for Spike and/or Angel, which I'm not sure we ever want to do. I think it's better never to quite know. ... Whatever it is, it's not going to be satisfying to somebody. So I think I prefer the idea that both men are still holding out hope and maybe it's something for an Angel movie someday, or a Buffy movie." Angel airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

2004-02-23 15:58:00-08:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (igs622001@yahoo.com)

"Aaron Pynn" <acpynn@nf.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<j0s_b.103127$IF6.3067342@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>... > > co-creator Joss Whedon will soon be heavily involved in a proposed > > feature film based on his canceled SF western series Firefly, Fury > > added. "Joss' response to that offer was, 'Who's going to make [an > > Angel movie] for you?' Because he's going to be off doing a motion > > picture, Firefly, and he'll be consumed with that for some time. > > Proving Whedon to be the fickle Bitch I though he was... Hmmmm... 7 years of BtVS; 5 years of AtS. Just out of curiousity, how long with Whedon have to work on the various Buffyverse series until he was no long (in your estimation) a "fickle bitch"?

2004-02-23 16:01:51+00:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (DangerGirl� <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com>)

"Stan Jensen" <spam@wonderful.Spam> wrote in message news:qe8k3097ts48chcqalgtntcc5rq6ns2015@4ax.com... > Angel Fate Seems Grim > > David Fury, executive producer of The WB's canceled vampire series > Angel, told SCI FI Wire that he was doubtful the show will migrate to > UPN next year, though he confirmed that talks are underway. "There > were and are conversations going on with UPN," Fury said in an > interview at the Wolfram & Hart Annual Revue fan charity ball on Feb. > 21. > > Fury added, "But in all likelihood they don't have the financial > wherewithal to continue the series. It's less expensive than Buffy was > for them, but trying to bring a show that's ... going to be going into > its sixth season, it's not really financially responsible for them to > pick up a show that doesn't really have much of a future beyond one > more season." UPN picked up two more seasons of Angel's predecessor > series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, after The WB canceled it. > > Fury added that he wasn't optimistic about future Angel movies of the > week, which The WB has held out as a possible continuing venue for the > show's mythology. "I think there's some time [that] would have to pass > before we'd seriously start considering it," Fury said. Angel > co-creator Joss Whedon will soon be heavily involved in a proposed > feature film based on his canceled SF western series Firefly, Fury > added. "Joss' response to that offer was, 'Who's going to make [an > Angel movie] for you?' Because he's going to be off doing a motion > picture, Firefly, and he'll be consumed with that for some time. And > presumably everybody else on the show will have moved on to other > projects, although we'd love to continue to work together, and we will > try to, I'm sure, in our various capacities. But as far as the movies > go, I don't expect you'll hear anything announced about that for > another year. And by that time, again, everybody will have moved on, > actors and writers. And it just may be a hard thing to actually > realize." > > As for Angel's series-ending story arc, Fury said, he doubted that > Buffy star Sarah Michelle Gellar will be making a guest appearance. > "Well, that's entirely up to Sarah, and frankly, I think she's out of > the country [in Japan] doing a movie [The Grudge], ... so I'm very > doubtful that she's going to be able to come back. And the problem > with her coming back anyway is that it sort of invites closure for > Spike and/or Angel, which I'm not sure we ever want to do. I think > it's better never to quite know. ... Whatever it is, it's not going to > be satisfying to somebody. So I think I prefer the idea that both men > are still holding out hope and maybe it's something for an Angel movie > someday, or a Buffy movie." Angel airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. Thats too bad, I will miss this show a lot. Seems there is isn't much of anything good to watch anymore. Angel movies sounds interesting though. Star Trek does well after the series ends and goes into movies, maybe thats the route that Angel should take? It's a thought. Wednesday nights are going to be a drag now!

2004-02-23 18:55:11+00:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (Aaron Pynn <acpynn@nf.sympatico.ca>)

2004-02-23 19:50:04-05:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (nfway <nfw@yahoo.com>)

In article <EOv_b.36929$n17.18305@clgrps13>, dangergir_eh@yahoo.com=20 says... >=20 > "Wouter Valentijn" <WouterValentijnwisheshewas@home.nl> wrote in message > news:c1e0iu$1h66qq$1@ID-43412.news.uni-berlin.de... > > > > "DangerGirl=AE" <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht > > news:zxv_b.36927$n17.16842@clgrps13... > > > > > > "Don Sample" <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in message > > > news:230220041155124855%dsample@synapse.net... > > > > In article <Ptp_b.36753$n17.11418@clgrps13>, DangerGirl=AE > > > > <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > > > > > > > Thats too bad, I will miss this show a lot. Seems there is isn't > much > > of > > > > > anything good to watch anymore. Angel movies sounds interesting > > though. > > > Star > > > > > Trek does well after the series ends and goes into movies, maybe > thats > > > the > > > > > route that Angel should take? It's a thought. Wednesday nights a= re > > > going to > > > > > be a drag now! > > > > > > > > It took ten years between the end of the Star Trek series, and the > > > > first movie, and I think it will take more than putting DB in a gir= dle > > > > to make him look like he hasn't aged quite a bit by then. > > > > > > > > > Well yes but they haven't waited that long since the other series hav= e > > > ended. TNG went right to movies. They didn't realize star trek had th= e > > > following they did and had a star trek re-birth after the show came o= ff > > the > > > air. Anyways - off topic! lol Yes trying to make DB look like he hasn= 't > > aged > > > will be a challenge regardless if they start now or later. > > > > Not if he becomes human at the end of the series. > > Or they could work with CGI. ;.-) >=20 > This is true! All the things they can do now with special effects anythin= g > is possible. It will certainly be better then Queen of the Damned (PEEE > EWW)! >=20 >=20 >=20 maybe its just better off to end it now, than to hold onto slim hope of=20 a movie, etc. in the far future. It sounds as if the production staff=20 has already resigned themselves to it's end. SMG has moved on, DF sounds=20 ready to move on, JW sounds like he's running off to something (Firefly)=20 he considers unfinshed. Its beginning to sound like beating a dead=20 horse.

2004-02-23 22:55:27+00:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (DangerGirl� <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com>)

"Don Sample" <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in message news:230220041155124855%dsample@synapse.net... > In article <Ptp_b.36753$n17.11418@clgrps13>, DangerGirl��� > <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > Thats too bad, I will miss this show a lot. Seems there is isn't much of > > anything good to watch anymore. Angel movies sounds interesting though. Star > > Trek does well after the series ends and goes into movies, maybe thats the > > route that Angel should take? It's a thought. Wednesday nights are going to > > be a drag now! > > It took ten years between the end of the Star Trek series, and the > first movie, and I think it will take more than putting DB in a girdle > to make him look like he hasn't aged quite a bit by then. Well yes but they haven't waited that long since the other series have ended. TNG went right to movies. They didn't realize star trek had the following they did and had a star trek re-birth after the show came off the air. Anyways - off topic! lol Yes trying to make DB look like he hasn't aged will be a challenge regardless if they start now or later.

2004-02-23 23:13:40+00:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (DangerGirl� <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com>)

"Wouter Valentijn" <WouterValentijnwisheshewas@home.nl> wrote in message news:c1e0iu$1h66qq$1@ID-43412.news.uni-berlin.de... > > "DangerGirl���" <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht > news:zxv_b.36927$n17.16842@clgrps13... > > > > "Don Sample" <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in message > > news:230220041155124855%dsample@synapse.net... > > > In article <Ptp_b.36753$n17.11418@clgrps13>, DangerGirl��� > > > <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > > > > > Thats too bad, I will miss this show a lot. Seems there is isn't much > of > > > > anything good to watch anymore. Angel movies sounds interesting > though. > > Star > > > > Trek does well after the series ends and goes into movies, maybe thats > > the > > > > route that Angel should take? It's a thought. Wednesday nights are > > going to > > > > be a drag now! > > > > > > It took ten years between the end of the Star Trek series, and the > > > first movie, and I think it will take more than putting DB in a girdle > > > to make him look like he hasn't aged quite a bit by then. > > > > > > Well yes but they haven't waited that long since the other series have > > ended. TNG went right to movies. They didn't realize star trek had the > > following they did and had a star trek re-birth after the show came off > the > > air. Anyways - off topic! lol Yes trying to make DB look like he hasn't > aged > > will be a challenge regardless if they start now or later. > > Not if he becomes human at the end of the series. > Or they could work with CGI. ;.-) This is true! All the things they can do now with special effects anything is possible. It will certainly be better then Queen of the Damned (PEEE EWW)!

2004-02-23 23:30:21-08:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (igs622001@yahoo.com)

"John R. Sellers" <jrsellers@nospam.net> wrote in message news:<9oKdncfIP76L66fd4p2dnA@pghconnect.com>... > "Ian" <igs622001@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:5aa58763.0402231140.4ea26d12@posting.google.com... > > > The news from Universal about the FIREFLY movies is looking more > > promising all the time. > > Their just wasting their money. > > Firefly was awful, IMHO. Well, we will have to agree to disagree on that one. Firefly was brilliant, IMHO.

2004-02-23 23:30:54+00:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (Ryan Kinkor <kinkorknight@earthlink.net>)

Stan Jensen" <spam@wonderful.Spam> wrote in message news:qe8k3097ts48chcqalgtntcc5rq6ns2015@4ax.com... > As for Angel's series-ending story arc, Fury said, he doubted that > Buffy star Sarah Michelle Gellar will be making a guest appearance. > "Well, that's entirely up to Sarah, and frankly, I think she's out of > the country [in Japan] doing a movie [The Grudge], ... so I'm very > doubtful that she's going to be able to come back. And the problem > with her coming back anyway is that it sort of invites closure for > Spike and/or Angel, which I'm not sure we ever want to do. I think > it's better never to quite know. ... Whatever it is, it's not going to > be satisfying to somebody. So I think I prefer the idea that both men > are still holding out hope and maybe it's something for an Angel movie > someday, or a Buffy movie." Angel airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. I'm not expecting SMG to show up (not only is she too busy, but she seems quite unwilling to embrace the Buffyverse any longer), but I think the idea of keeping story threads hanging is a bad idea. There's a reason LOTR: The Return Of The King is such a money-maker; closure to an epic. One thing I hate about Hollywood storylines is that instead of ending things properly, sometimes they leave significant details unresolved (X-Files, anyone?) to create the template for future shows/movies/ideas that producers can work from (since creativity is apparently a rariety in the business). Sometimes it can work -- ST:TNG ended without a great deal of resolution, but unlike arc shows there wasn't much to resolve. Life for the Enterprise crew had gone on as usual. Problems due occur when it takes so long for something new to get created and by then people have lost interest, or it never gets made and the story is forever unfinished. Sometimes fandom can keep a franchise alive, such as in the case of Star Trek, but I suspect that Star Trek survived as much because of the grand and positive vision and philosophy it had created than the unresolved story lines of Captain Kirk. Sorry folks, but the Buffyverse doesn't exactly have a grand vision (and certainly not a positive philosophy). It might get a movie revival ten or twenty years from now, but otherwise I bet it's going to disappear into TV history along with all the other shows. I respect writers who know when and how to end a story, because the ending is the last thing people will remember. People forgot how great X-Files was because it had a lousy last season and subpar ending. I got soured on Buffy because of how bad I thought of the final two seasons. If Whedon and crew are loyal to the story they've created, they should attempt to conclude things this year, because chances are they won't get another shot at it for a long time, if ever. Ryan the Nut

2004-02-24 00:00:39+01:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (Wouter Valentijn <WouterValentijnwisheshewas@home.nl>)

"DangerGirl���" <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:zxv_b.36927$n17.16842@clgrps13... > > "Don Sample" <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in message > news:230220041155124855%dsample@synapse.net... > > In article <Ptp_b.36753$n17.11418@clgrps13>, DangerGirl��� > > <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > > > Thats too bad, I will miss this show a lot. Seems there is isn't much of > > > anything good to watch anymore. Angel movies sounds interesting though. > Star > > > Trek does well after the series ends and goes into movies, maybe thats > the > > > route that Angel should take? It's a thought. Wednesday nights are > going to > > > be a drag now! > > > > It took ten years between the end of the Star Trek series, and the > > first movie, and I think it will take more than putting DB in a girdle > > to make him look like he hasn't aged quite a bit by then. > > > Well yes but they haven't waited that long since the other series have > ended. TNG went right to movies. They didn't realize star trek had the > following they did and had a star trek re-birth after the show came off the > air. Anyways - off topic! lol Yes trying to make DB look like he hasn't aged > will be a challenge regardless if they start now or later. Not if he becomes human at the end of the series. Or they could work with CGI. ;.-) -- Wouter Valentijn www.zeppodunsel.nl With fanfics and essays. Some in Dutch. Some in English. www.nksf.nl De Nederlandstalige Nieuwsgroep voor SF, Fantasy en Horror. "It's not about right, not about wrong... ...it's about power." - The First Evil in "Lessons" > >

2004-02-24 03:20:26+00:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

>So I think I prefer the idea that both men >are still holding out hope and maybe it's something for an Angel movie >someday, or a Buffy movie." Angel airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. > My world is askew. I thought D. Fury was a B/A shipper. > > > > > > With enemies like Nader, Bush doesn't need friends.

2004-02-24 04:54:36+00:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (Daniel Damouth <damouth@san.rr.com>)

"DangerGirl���" <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com> wrote in news:zxv_b.36927$n17.16842@clgrps13: > > "Don Sample" <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in message > news:230220041155124855%dsample@synapse.net... >> It took ten years between the end of the Star Trek series, and the >> first movie, and I think it will take more than putting DB in a >> girdle to make him look like he hasn't aged quite a bit by then. > Well yes but they haven't waited that long since the other series > have ended. TNG went right to movies. TNG was about 5 times as popular as Angel is. -Dan Damouth

2004-02-24 07:26:27+00:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

Basically what I expected and predicted to hear from ME. Whedon is leaving the buffyverse behind for his new pet project. At this point it's not much of a loss really, as it was apparent to anyone following the show that his heart hasn't been in it since the end of Buffy season 5. He ran out of ideas for these characters years ago. As for the rest of ME, the staff has changed over the years so much that the recent buffyverse wasn't the consistent greatness it had been. I still think a spinoff is likely in the next year or two with a new creative staff that has only vague ties to ME. Remember Fox owns Buffy and all associated characters, not Whedon. That's the key to a new series. -- "They tease me now, telling me it was only a dream. But does it matter whether it was a dream or reality, if the dream made known to me the truth?" - Dostoevsky

2004-02-24 07:59:55+00:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (Mark Nobles <cmn-nospam@houston.rr.com>)

Daniel Damouth <damouth@san.rr.com> wrote: > "DangerGirl�" <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com> wrote > > "Don Sample" <dsample@synapse.net> wrote > > >> It took ten years between the end of the Star Trek series, and the > >> first movie, and I think it will take more than putting DB in a > >> girdle to make him look like he hasn't aged quite a bit by then. > > > Well yes but they haven't waited that long since the other series > > have ended. TNG went right to movies. > > TNG was about 5 times as popular as Angel is. > I'm doubting that. ER is about 5 times as popular as Angel is, and it is a Top 10 show. The top show, CSI, is about 6 times as popular as Angel. TNG was syndicated. I doubt it had as many viewers as Angel does, despite running in a far less competitive era.

2004-02-24 10:33:10-08:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (Hank Tiffany <davidt@cet.com>)

On 23 Feb 2004, Ian wrote: > "Aaron Pynn" <acpynn@nf.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<j0s_b.103127$IF6.3067342@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>... > > > > co-creator Joss Whedon will soon be heavily involved in a proposed > > > feature film based on his canceled SF western series Firefly, Fury > > > added. "Joss' response to that offer was, 'Who's going to make [an > > > Angel movie] for you?' Because he's going to be off doing a motion > > > picture, Firefly, and he'll be consumed with that for some time. > > > > Proving Whedon to be the fickle Bitch I though he was... > > Hmmmm... 7 years of BtVS; 5 years of AtS. > > Just out of curiousity, how long with Whedon have to work on the > various Buffyverse series until he was no long (in your estimation) a > "fickle bitch"? until he's 5 years dead I expect. Hank -- Hitler, he only had one ball/Goering, had two but they were small Himmler, was very simmlar/But poor old Goebbels had no balls at all

2004-02-24 10:37:23-08:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (Hank Tiffany <davidt@cet.com>)

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Mark Nobles wrote: > Daniel Damouth <damouth@san.rr.com> wrote: > > > "DangerGirl���" <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com> wrote > > > "Don Sample" <dsample@synapse.net> wrote > > > > >> It took ten years between the end of the Star Trek series, and the > > >> first movie, and I think it will take more than putting DB in a > > >> girdle to make him look like he hasn't aged quite a bit by then. > > > > > Well yes but they haven't waited that long since the other series > > > have ended. TNG went right to movies. > > > > TNG was about 5 times as popular as Angel is. > > > I'm doubting that. ER is about 5 times as popular as Angel is, and it > is a Top 10 show. The top show, CSI, is about 6 times as popular as > Angel. > > TNG was syndicated. I doubt it had as many viewers as Angel does, > despite running in a far less competitive era. Less competitive? How do ya figger that one? In my area there has only been one new channel (from 5 to 6 non-PBS stations) added since All Good Things came to an end, with another one supposed to happen soon. Hank -- Hitler, he only had one ball/Goering, had two but they were small Himmler, was very simmlar/But poor old Goebbels had no balls at all

2004-02-24 15:56:35+11:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (mcardle@ozemail.com.au)

In article <27dk30h05se4m5ouegtpfoa4ndsus7p28p@4ax.com>, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > >Heck. He doesn't even look like the same person now as the one who started >out on Buffy's first season. Not that I think he looks bad. Just very >different. > > > It's all that pig's blood - very fattening! my URL, http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mcardle

2004-02-24 15:57:33+01:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (Wouter Valentijn <WouterValentijnwisheshewas@home.nl>)

"Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht news:D0D_b.18115$W74.489@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net... > Basically what I expected and predicted to hear from ME. Whedon is leaving > the buffyverse behind for his new pet project. At this point it's not much > of a loss really, as it was apparent to anyone following the show that his > heart hasn't been in it since the end of Buffy season 5. He ran out of > ideas for these characters years ago. As for the rest of ME, the staff has > changed over the years so much that the recent buffyverse wasn't the > consistent greatness it had been. I still think a spinoff is likely in the > next year or two with a new creative staff that has only vague ties to ME. > Remember Fox owns Buffy and all associated characters, not Whedon. That's > the key to a new series. Yeah, and that's a bad thing.... Shows like these should really be owned by their actual creators. -- Wouter Valentijn www.zeppodunsel.nl With fanfics and essays. Some in Dutch. Some in English. www.nksf.nl De Nederlandstalige Nieuwsgroep voor SF, Fantasy en Horror. "It's not about right, not about wrong... ...it's about power." - The First Evil in "Lessons"

2004-02-26 17:09:03+00:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (Daniel Damouth <damouth@san.rr.com>)

Mark Nobles <cmn-nospam@houston.rr.com> wrote in news:240220040159541125% cmn-nospam@houston.rr.com: > Daniel Damouth <damouth@san.rr.com> wrote: > >> "DangerGirl���" <dangergir_eh@yahoo.com> wrote >> > "Don Sample" <dsample@synapse.net> wrote >> >> >> It took ten years between the end of the Star Trek series, and the >> >> first movie, and I think it will take more than putting DB in a >> >> girdle to make him look like he hasn't aged quite a bit by then. >> >> > Well yes but they haven't waited that long since the other series >> > have ended. TNG went right to movies. >> >> TNG was about 5 times as popular as Angel is. >> > I'm doubting that. ER is about 5 times as popular as Angel is, and it > is a Top 10 show. The top show, CSI, is about 6 times as popular as > Angel. > > TNG was syndicated. I doubt it had as many viewers as Angel does, > despite running in a far less competitive era. According to brannonbraga.com, TNG had upwards of 20 million viewers in its heydey. I'm guessing Angel is at around 5 million viewers. -Dan Damouth

2004-02-29 19:24:55+01:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (dennis.scp@multiweb.nl)

2004-02-29 19:38:29+01:00 - Re: [NEWS] - Angel Fate Seems Grim - (Wouter Valentijn <WouterValentijnwisheshewas@home.nl>)

"Dennis SCP" <dennis.scp@multiweb.nl> schreef in bericht news:1g9xmmh.1lrhmxi7630qoN%dennis.scp@multiweb.nl... > > > >> > "Don Sample" <dsample@synapse.net> wrote > > >> > > >> >> It took ten years between the end of the Star Trek series, and the > > >> >> first movie, and I think it will take more than putting DB in a > > >> >> girdle to make him look like he hasn't aged quite a bit by then. > > Well ten years from now we may have virtual botox. > Laserscan the actor today, wrap the texture on a future computer. DB > would go to makeup and get red, blue and green dots on his face, the > computer would recreate his expressions with a younger type skin and > muscle structure. > > And Germans would get lipsyncing of the German voice of Angel. > > The system may have its limits with regard to expressions at first but > maybe that's all the more reason to use it first with DB >;-) You've got a mean streak, you know...;) -- Wouter Valentijn www.zeppodunsel.nl With fanfics and essays. Some in Dutch. Some in English. www.nksf.nl De Nederlandstalige Nieuwsgroep voor SF, Fantasy en Horror. "It's not about right, not about wrong... ...it's about power." - The First Evil in "Lessons" We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. -Sir Winston Churchill