FLM films - My Webpage

2004-03-25 16:23:32-05:00 - Gellar Won't Appear in'Angel' Finale - (Sideshow Bob <mergatroid@_nospam_.bigfoot.com>)

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PEOPLE_GELLAR_ANGEL?SITE=SCSUM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT RADNOR, Pa. (AP) -- Sarah Michelle Gellar won't appear in the series finale of "Angel," the spinoff of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in which she played the title role. Joss Whedon, the show's executive producer, told TV Guide for its online edition that he didn't invite Gellar to appear in the final episode because he didn't want it to "revolve around a guest star."I want to end the show with the people who've been in the trenches together, the characters who have lived - and occasionally died - together, the regulars," Whedon said. He said he invited Gellar to appear in the second-to-last episode, but she wasn't available because she was in Tokyo working on the horror film "The Grudge" when the show was being shot. Whedon's partner, Jeffrey Bell, said show executives eventually learned that Gellar was available for the final episode despite being booked at the time of the penultimate one. But by that time, the second-to-last episode had already been written and shot, and getting her into the last episode "didn't make any sense" with the plot that had been written so far. "By the time it became a possibility, the ship had sort of sailed," Bell said. Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

2004-03-26 11:30:12-08:00 - Re: Gellar Won't Appear in'Angel' Finale - (kenm47@ix.netcom.com)

"Sideshow Bob" <mergatroid@_nospam_.bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:<kLSdnXZAV-ZJ0P7dRVn-jw@adelphia.com>... > http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PEOPLE_GELLAR_ANGEL?SITE=SCSUM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT > > > RADNOR, Pa. (AP) -- Sarah Michelle Gellar won't appear in the series finale > of "Angel," the spinoff of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in which she played > the title role. > <SNIP> Could be misdirection. OR MAYBE, just maybe, SMG won't appear but Marti finally gets her wish to move up from parking ticket lady to Buffy understudy as both DB and JM strip to the waist (or as much as ME can get on camera these post-Janet days) and help her relive, metaphorically of course, her college days/ young adult big moments? Just a thought. Ken

2004-03-27 14:01:00+00:00 - Re: Gellar Won't Appear in'Angel' Finale - (Aaron Pynn <acpynn@nf.sympatico.ca>)

Man I hope this is right. This is a show called Angel right, why should it go out the way it came in...in Buffy's shadow... It deserves to end on its own merits with it's own characters bringing in cast members from Buffy would just show that they don't think Angel could make it without Buffy's help... I don't agree, I am glad they are going with an Angel ending sans Buffy... Way to go Gellar..

2004-03-27 15:17:53+00:00 - Re: Gellar Won't Appear in'Angel' Finale - (tsd@rygar.gpcc.itd.umich.edu)

In article <wOf9c.1313$Np3.31027@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, Aaron Pynn <acpynn@nf.sympatico.ca> wrote: :Man I hope this is right. This is a show called Angel right, why should it :go out the way it came in...in Buffy's shadow... : :It deserves to end on its own merits with it's own characters bringing in :cast members from Buffy would just show that they don't think Angel could :make it without Buffy's help... : :I don't agree, I am glad they are going with an Angel ending sans Buffy... Completely agree. Was so tired of the B/A angst/stuff/whatever. If ever there was a time to cut that cord once and for all, its in the finale of the series. Thank you ME! --

2004-03-30 16:24:04+00:00 - Re: Gellar Won't Appear in'Angel' Finale - (pgalimatias@hotmail.com)

In article <BWg9c.3333$Nz2.73480@news.itd.umich.edu>, tsd@rygar.gpcc.itd.umich.edu says... > >In article <wOf9c.1313$Np3.31027@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, >Aaron Pynn <acpynn@nf.sympatico.ca> wrote: >:Man I hope this is right. This is a show called Angel right, why should it >:go out the way it came in...in Buffy's shadow... >: >:It deserves to end on its own merits with it's own characters bringing in >:cast members from Buffy would just show that they don't think Angel could >:make it without Buffy's help... >: >:I don't agree, I am glad they are going with an Angel ending sans Buffy... > >Completely agree. Was so tired of the B/A angst/stuff/whatever. If ever >there was a time to cut that cord once and for all, its in the finale of >the series. Thank you ME! >-- I would have ended the show with Buffy in the mental hospital, preparing to go home with her parents (the original actors). As they happily leave, they pass a janitor cleaning the hall played by DB. -- 0000001000000100000110001000011010001111110010111011101000010000