FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-07 07:45:32-07:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (ShadowWalker <ashadowwalkerz@go.com>)

"Alberich" <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:MPG.18ad82f7adb1bcd59898c0@news.cyburban.com... > It would be an ironic twist to have Sarah > Michelle Gellar itching to get away from the Buffy series to do big > screen movie projects to find out the hard way what Eliza Dushku has > been putting up with all these years - long dry spells of no big movie > roles for her. So what Eliza Dushku is doing (assuming the rumors about > her signing onto the spinoff are true) is being very practical. Besides that, as a professional, I'd think that working w/ people who consistently put out high-quality work would be much more desirable than making ten horrible Scooby-Doo movies. Maybe it's just me, but if I were choosing between the creativity of those at ME & some nameless big-screen hack flopping out another popcorn movie, there'd be no contest. -Kim

[...]

2003-02-07 07:50:10-06:00 - Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com>)

I don't know if the Eliza Dushku rumors are true or not regarding her signing a contract for the Faith spinoff. What I'd like to say here is my opinion based on what I think we're witnessing. If the rumors prove true, and because there are multiple sources leaking various scenarios about the signing and the show premises then it's looking very likely she made her decision by saying to herself "Hey, I got nothin' to lose. Let's go for it." To be very frank about this���the only time I read anything about Eliza Dushku has been either through forums dedicated to her or small snippets of information about her over long stretches of dry spells. And the only other times I've seen Eliza Dushku has been from "Bring It On" and the preview for that movie "Soul Survivors". In fact I read a clipping about the advertising of "Soul Survivors" where it was commented that the promos made heavy use of Eliza Dushku for selling that movie but she was hardly in that movie at all. Am I right about this? Whatever. I think if this spinoff rumor is true and it survives, (I have a feeling it will), and Eliza Dushku has a steady fan base thanks to the popularity of the Faith character, then Eliza Dushku will finally get the attention of Hollywood. It would be an ironic twist to have Sarah Michelle Gellar itching to get away from the Buffy series to do big screen movie projects to find out the hard way what Eliza Dushku has been putting up with all these years - long dry spells of no big movie roles for her. So what Eliza Dushku is doing (assuming the rumors about her signing onto the spinoff are true) is being very practical. She wants to get back into the groove of having all that attention and wresting the limelight for once and getting noticed by the casting agents in Hollywood. Once that happens then Eliza Dushku's career will take off once again. I'm still wondering how Jennifer Garner got the Electra role for the Daredevil movie instead of either Sarah Michelle Gellar or even Eliza Dushku. I suspect the casting agents in Tinseltown saw something "new" about Jennifer Garner that got their attention but I suspect Jennifer Garner was being a smart cookie. She was willing to trade in her popularity from the series Alias into a movie career without losing her day job on the TV series. Sure what Jennifer Garner's doing is very hard, but it will pay dividends in the long haul. I think the same will happen to Eliza Dushku when the dust settles after the spinoff takes off. Again, all of this is on the supposition that the Eliza Dushku rumors of the spinoff are true. We have no way of knowing for now. But we'll know soon enough.

2003-02-07 10:13:06-05:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:45:32 -0700, "ShadowWalker" <ashadowwalkerz@go.com> wrote: > >"Alberich" <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote in message >news:MPG.18ad82f7adb1bcd59898c0@news.cyburban.com... > >> It would be an ironic twist to have Sarah >> Michelle Gellar itching to get away from the Buffy series to do big >> screen movie projects to find out the hard way what Eliza Dushku has >> been putting up with all these years - long dry spells of no big movie >> roles for her. So what Eliza Dushku is doing (assuming the rumors about >> her signing onto the spinoff are true) is being very practical. > >Besides that, as a professional, I'd think that working w/ people who >consistently >put out high-quality work would be much more desirable than making ten >horrible >Scooby-Doo movies. Maybe it's just me, but if I were choosing between the >creativity >of those at ME & some nameless big-screen hack flopping out another popcorn >movie, >there'd be no contest. SMG and even Alyson Hannigan have made a lot of money. Sarah for Scoobie Doo and Alyson for American Pie 2 and 3. The movies themselves might be nothing great but that now leaves them the opportunity to leave the show that made them famous. They get to try something new. Even thought she's made more movies, I doubt very much if Eliza has made even close to the amount of money Sarah and Alyson have. She might decide that doing a television show with a proven track record for a couple years might be money in the bank and an opportunity to raise her own profile even more. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes) email: egk-nospam-@hotmail.com

2003-02-07 10:37:28-05:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (Izalino Coelho <izalino@tamcotec.com>)

The way that i see it is Eliza is a great actress she really knows how to act and as for Sarah.....eh!......I can't complain. But Alyson now there goes another great actress. Sometimes i wonder how these people get ther fame....okay i know they make a lot of movies and there noticed but the way i look at it is this if you have the talent and if you know how to act the character that to me is a great actor/actress who probably already has fame or is going to get it really quickly. Example in this movie called High Crimes made in 2002 Ashley Judd played Claire Grimaldi Kubik she is an amazying actress. Now i found the movie a little boring but that didn't matter to me becaue she did such a great job as her role as a lawyer that i had to watch the hole movie. I recommand some of you people to watch that movie its worth the 1 hour and 35 minutes of your life. Izzy "EGK" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:b0j74vkipo9jvdstt7bc5nvg43us2oqhu2@4ax.com... > On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:45:32 -0700, "ShadowWalker" <ashadowwalkerz@go.com> > wrote: > > > > >"Alberich" <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote in message > >news:MPG.18ad82f7adb1bcd59898c0@news.cyburban.com... > > > >> It would be an ironic twist to have Sarah > >> Michelle Gellar itching to get away from the Buffy series to do big > >> screen movie projects to find out the hard way what Eliza Dushku has > >> been putting up with all these years - long dry spells of no big movie > >> roles for her. So what Eliza Dushku is doing (assuming the rumors about > >> her signing onto the spinoff are true) is being very practical. > > > >Besides that, as a professional, I'd think that working w/ people who > >consistently > >put out high-quality work would be much more desirable than making ten > >horrible > >Scooby-Doo movies. Maybe it's just me, but if I were choosing between the > >creativity > >of those at ME & some nameless big-screen hack flopping out another popcorn > >movie, > >there'd be no contest. > > > SMG and even Alyson Hannigan have made a lot of money. Sarah for Scoobie > Doo and Alyson for American Pie 2 and 3. The movies themselves might be > nothing great but that now leaves them the opportunity to leave the show > that made them famous. They get to try something new. > > Even thought she's made more movies, I doubt very much if Eliza has made > even close to the amount of money Sarah and Alyson have. She might decide > that doing a television show with a proven track record for a couple years > might be money in the bank and an opportunity to raise her own profile even > more. > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- > > "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people > didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" > - (Calvin and Hobbes) > > email: egk-nospam-@hotmail.com

2003-02-07 11:54:23-06:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <b0j74vkipo9jvdstt7bc5nvg43us2oqhu2@4ax.com>, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:45:32 -0700, "ShadowWalker" <ashadowwalkerz@go.com> > wrote: > > > > >"Alberich" <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote in message > >news:MPG.18ad82f7adb1bcd59898c0@news.cyburban.com... > > > >> It would be an ironic twist to have Sarah > >> Michelle Gellar itching to get away from the Buffy series to do big > >> screen movie projects to find out the hard way what Eliza Dushku has > >> been putting up with all these years - long dry spells of no big movie > >> roles for her. So what Eliza Dushku is doing (assuming the rumors > >> about > >> her signing onto the spinoff are true) is being very practical. > > > >Besides that, as a professional, I'd think that working w/ people who > >consistently > >put out high-quality work would be much more desirable than making ten > >horrible Scooby-Doo movies. Maybe it's just me, but if I were choosing between > >the creativity > >of those at ME & some nameless big-screen hack flopping out another > >popcorn movie, there'd be no contest. > > > SMG and even Alyson Hannigan have made a lot of money. Sarah for Scoobie > Doo and Alyson for American Pie 2 and 3. The movies themselves might be > nothing great but that now leaves them the opportunity to leave the show > that made them famous. They get to try something new. > > Even thought she's made more movies, I doubt very much if Eliza has made > even close to the amount of money Sarah and Alyson have. Dushku is easily in Hannigan's league as far as earnings. Not Gellar but that's because of Gellar's huge Maybelline contract. Gellar makes more money from that than anything else.

2003-02-07 13:11:48-06:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - ("Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer" <rickramey@pleasedeargodnospamhotmail.com>)

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:23:51 GMT, sillyman@famous.com wrote: >On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:18:41 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > >> At least I haven't seen >>anyone clamoring to sign her for Bring it on 2 or The new guy part 2. >> >> > >Isn't there a True Lies sequel in the works though? Sadly, no.

2003-02-07 13:18:41-05:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 11:54:23 -0600, BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote: >In article <b0j74vkipo9jvdstt7bc5nvg43us2oqhu2@4ax.com>, EGK >> SMG and even Alyson Hannigan have made a lot of money. Sarah for Scoobie >> Doo and Alyson for American Pie 2 and 3. The movies themselves might be >> nothing great but that now leaves them the opportunity to leave the show >> that made them famous. They get to try something new. >> >> Even thought she's made more movies, I doubt very much if Eliza has made >> even close to the amount of money Sarah and Alyson have. > >Dushku is easily in Hannigan's league as far as earnings. Not Gellar but >that's because of Gellar's huge Maybelline contract. Gellar makes more >money from that than anything else. For most things maybe but I read Alyson got big bucks to reprise her role in American Pie. I don't remember where I saw it or even know if it's true but the amount of 1 million was tossed out. I really doubt Dushku is being offered the same kind of money for movie roles even if she might be more in demand. The only reason Alyson got that is because of Pie's success. She hit the jackpot. I don't believe Dushku has yet. At least I haven't seen anyone clamoring to sign her for Bring it on 2 or The new guy part 2. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes) email: egk-nospam-@hotmail.com

2003-02-07 13:51:08-05:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:23:51 GMT, sillyman@famous.com wrote: >On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:18:41 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > >> At least I haven't seen >>anyone clamoring to sign her for Bring it on 2 or The new guy part 2. >> >> > >Isn't there a True Lies sequel in the works though? That wasn't exactly a movie where Dushku played a very important role. I don't even know if she's in the sequel or not. Since she was so young, it would have been just as easy to cast any grown up actress to reprise her role. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes) email: egk-nospam-@hotmail.com

2003-02-07 13:59:23-06:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (anonymous <anon@anon.net>)

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:18:41 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > At least I haven't seen >anyone clamoring to sign her for Bring it on 2 or The new guy part 2. Heheh funny you say that, I just saw a trailer for the Direct-to-video "Bring it On 2" and nobody familiar was in it.

2003-02-07 14:48:44-05:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <muv74vo3l02vom0hr7mos6m5k9elmldmvu@4ax.com>, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:23:51 GMT, sillyman@famous.com wrote: > > >On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:18:41 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > > > >> At least I haven't seen > >>anyone clamoring to sign her for Bring it on 2 or The new guy part 2. > >> > >> > > > >Isn't there a True Lies sequel in the works though? > > That wasn't exactly a movie where Dushku played a very important role. Huh? She saves the day, steals the key to the bomb and gets it away from the terrorists, and then the whole bit with the Harrier. > I > don't even know if she's in the sequel or not. Since she was so young, it > would have been just as easy to cast any grown up actress to reprise her > role. So far the sequel is just a lot of people talking about whether or not they should do a sequel. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-02-07 15:06:08-05:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:48:44 -0500, Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: >In article <muv74vo3l02vom0hr7mos6m5k9elmldmvu@4ax.com>, EGK ><me@privacy.net> wrote: > >> On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:23:51 GMT, sillyman@famous.com wrote: >> >> >On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:18:41 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: >> > >> >> At least I haven't seen >> >>anyone clamoring to sign her for Bring it on 2 or The new guy part 2. >> >> >> >> >> > >> >Isn't there a True Lies sequel in the works though? >> >> That wasn't exactly a movie where Dushku played a very important role. > >Huh? She saves the day, steals the key to the bomb and gets it away >from the terrorists, and then the whole bit with the Harrier. Ok. I should have said she didn't become a star from the movie. Bet hardly anyone knew her name when True Lies came out. It certainly didn't make her bankable in any form. Contrast that to Hannigan's American Pie where she was arguably the breakout star of that movie and was given a reportedly pretty nice chunk of change to reprise the role. >> I >> don't even know if she's in the sequel or not. Since she was so young, it >> would have been just as easy to cast any grown up actress to reprise her >> role. > >So far the sequel is just a lot of people talking about whether or not >they should do a sequel. ahh, I thought they were making a sequel too. Just another example of how you can't believe everything you read on the web. It's listed on the movie review site, rottentomatoes.com. I think I was watching the original recently and went to look something up there and saw it listed as due out in 2003 or 2004. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes) email: egk-nospam-@hotmail.com

2003-02-07 16:39:36-07:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (William George Ferguson <william.george.ferguson@domail.maricopa.edu>)

On 7 Feb 2003 07:50:10 -0600, Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote: >I don't know if the Eliza Dushku rumors are true or not regarding her >signing a contract for the Faith spinoff. What I'd like to say here is >my opinion based on what I think we're witnessing. If the rumors prove >true, and because there are multiple sources leaking various scenarios >about the signing and the show premises then it's looking very likely >she made her decision by saying to herself "Hey, I got nothin' to lose. >Let's go for it." To be very frank about this�the only time I read >anything about Eliza Dushku has been either through forums dedicated to >her or small snippets of information about her over long stretches of >dry spells. And the only other times I've seen Eliza Dushku has been >from "Bring It On" and the preview for that movie "Soul Survivors". In >fact I read a clipping about the advertising of "Soul Survivors" where >it was commented that the promos made heavy use of Eliza Dushku for >selling that movie but she was hardly in that movie at all. Am I right >about this? Whatever. Your not noticing does not equal Hollywood producers and casting directors not noticing, see below. >I think if this spinoff rumor is true and it survives, (I have a feeling >it will), and Eliza Dushku has a steady fan base thanks to the >popularity of the Faith character, then Eliza Dushku will finally get >the attention of Hollywood. It would be an ironic twist to have Sarah >Michelle Gellar itching to get away from the Buffy series to do big >screen movie projects to find out the hard way what Eliza Dushku has >been putting up with all these years - long dry spells of no big movie >roles for her. So what Eliza Dushku is doing (assuming the rumors about >her signing onto the spinoff are true) is being very practical. She >wants to get back into the groove of having all that attention and >wresting the limelight for once and getting noticed by the casting >agents in Hollywood. Once that happens then Eliza Dushku's career will >take off once again. While I would love to see Eliza Dushku do a series, she doesn't need to get noticed by casting directors, she's already got that locked down. In the last two years, she has made 6 Hollywood movies. You can count the actressess who have made 6 Hollywood movies in the last two years on your fingers, and have fingers left over. She isn't a 'name above the title' success, but she has been working almost continuously since the last time we saw her on Angel, and that's very rare for a movie actress, even the big name ones. She was shooting a movie in Toronto in August, when it was announced that she had signed to episodes of Angel and Buffy. She finished shooting another one in December, to clear the way for shooting Angel and Buffy in January, February and March. -- "Oh Buffy, you really do need to have every square inch of your ass kicked." - Willow Rosenberg

2003-02-07 17:08:48-07:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (William George Ferguson <william.george.ferguson@domail.maricopa.edu>)

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:59:23 -0600, anonymous <anon@anon.net> wrote: >On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:18:41 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > >> At least I haven't seen >>anyone clamoring to sign her for Bring it on 2 or The new guy part 2. > >Heheh funny you say that, I just saw a trailer for the Direct-to-video >"Bring it On 2" and nobody familiar was in it. Well, Felicia Day (Vi) is in it. At least, she's familiar to us. -- "Oh Buffy, you really do need to have every square inch of your ass kicked." - Willow Rosenberg

2003-02-07 17:18:17-06:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <5ht74vktglmur9f6v3vkmv90tuibqgdj7e@4ax.com>, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 11:54:23 -0600, BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> > wrote: > > >In article <b0j74vkipo9jvdstt7bc5nvg43us2oqhu2@4ax.com>, EGK > > >> SMG and even Alyson Hannigan have made a lot of money. Sarah for > >> Scoobie Doo and Alyson for American Pie 2 and 3. The movies themselves might > >> be nothing great but that now leaves them the opportunity to leave the > >> show that made them famous. They get to try something new. > >> > >> Even thought she's made more movies, I doubt very much if Eliza has > >> made even close to the amount of money Sarah and Alyson have. > > > >Dushku is easily in Hannigan's league as far as earnings. Not Gellar but > >that's because of Gellar's huge Maybelline contract. Gellar makes more > >money from that than anything else. > > For most things maybe but I read Alyson got big bucks to reprise her role > in American Pie. I don't remember where I saw it or even know if it's true > but the amount of 1 million was tossed out. I really doubt Dushku is being > offered the same kind of money for movie roles even if she might be more > in demand. Maybe not but she's in a lot more movies than Hannigan and that evens things out.

2003-02-07 17:19:30-06:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <muv74vo3l02vom0hr7mos6m5k9elmldmvu@4ax.com>, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:23:51 GMT, sillyman@famous.com wrote: > > >On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:18:41 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > > > >> At least I haven't seen > >>anyone clamoring to sign her for Bring it on 2 or The new guy part 2. > >> > >> > > > >Isn't there a True Lies sequel in the works though? > > That wasn't exactly a movie where Dushku played a very important role. She was the focal point for the entire last act. > I don't even know if she's in the sequel or not. Since she was so young, > it would have been just as easy to cast any grown up actress to reprise her > role. She's been approached and has agreed to do the movie should it ever be made.

2003-02-07 18:23:51+00:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (sillyman@famous.com)

2003-02-07 20:10:19-06:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <3E43AF6E.720024AE@earthlink.net>, mark1010@earthlink.net wrote: > BTR1701 wrote: > > > In article <5ht74vktglmur9f6v3vkmv90tuibqgdj7e@4ax.com>, EGK > > <me@privacy.net> wrote: > > > > > On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 11:54:23 -0600, BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> > > > wrote: > > > > > > >In article <b0j74vkipo9jvdstt7bc5nvg43us2oqhu2@4ax.com>, EGK > > > > > > >> SMG and even Alyson Hannigan have made a lot of money. Sarah for > > > >> Scoobie Doo and Alyson for American Pie 2 and 3. The movies > > > >> themselves might > > > >> be nothing great but that now leaves them the opportunity to leave > > > >> the show that made them famous. They get to try something new. > > > >> > > > >> Even thought she's made more movies, I doubt very much if Eliza > > > >> has made even close to the amount of money Sarah and Alyson have. > > > > > > > >Dushku is easily in Hannigan's league as far as earnings. Not Gellar > > > >but that's because of Gellar's huge Maybelline contract. Gellar makes > > > >more money from that than anything else. > > > > > > For most things maybe but I read Alyson got big bucks to reprise her > > > role in American Pie. I don't remember where I saw it or even know if > > > it's true but the amount of 1 million was tossed out. I really doubt Dushku > > > is being offered the same kind of money for movie roles even if she might be > > > more in demand. > > > > Maybe not but she's in a lot more movies than Hannigan and that evens > > things out. > > No way. It's the quality, and box office that determines who has a buzz > in Hollywood. We're not talking about "buzz". We're talking about how much they earn. That's a quantifiable dollar figure.

2003-02-07 22:25:28-07:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com>)

On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 01:28:48 GMT, Shorty <notrealshorty@hotmail.com> wrote: >On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:08:48 -0700, William George Ferguson ><william.george.ferguson@domail.maricopa.edu> wrote: > >>On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:59:23 -0600, anonymous <anon@anon.net> wrote: >> >>>On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:18:41 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: >>> >>>> At least I haven't seen >>>>anyone clamoring to sign her for Bring it on 2 or The new guy part 2. >>> >>>Heheh funny you say that, I just saw a trailer for the Direct-to-video >>>"Bring it On 2" and nobody familiar was in it. >> >>Well, Felicia Day (Vi) is in it. At least, she's familiar to us. > >Who? The Potential that likes to wear knit caps. -- DAWN: ... and my sister is a vampire slayer, her best friend is a witch who went bonkers and tried to destroy the world, um, I actually used to be a little ball of energy until about two years ago when some monks changed the past and made me Buffy's sister and for some reason, a big klepto. My best friends are Leticia Jones, who moved to San Diego because this town is evil, and a floppy eared demon named Clem. (deleted scene from the shooting script of BtVS:Lessons)

2003-02-08 01:06:47+00:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (Spanish101 <mark1010@earthlink.net>)

BTR1701 wrote: > In article <5ht74vktglmur9f6v3vkmv90tuibqgdj7e@4ax.com>, EGK > <me@privacy.net> wrote: > > > On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 11:54:23 -0600, BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> > > wrote: > > > > >In article <b0j74vkipo9jvdstt7bc5nvg43us2oqhu2@4ax.com>, EGK > > > > >> SMG and even Alyson Hannigan have made a lot of money. Sarah for > > >> Scoobie Doo and Alyson for American Pie 2 and 3. The movies themselves might > > >> be nothing great but that now leaves them the opportunity to leave the > > >> show that made them famous. They get to try something new. > > >> > > >> Even thought she's made more movies, I doubt very much if Eliza has > > >> made even close to the amount of money Sarah and Alyson have. > > > > > >Dushku is easily in Hannigan's league as far as earnings. Not Gellar but > > >that's because of Gellar's huge Maybelline contract. Gellar makes more > > >money from that than anything else. > > > > For most things maybe but I read Alyson got big bucks to reprise her role > > in American Pie. I don't remember where I saw it or even know if it's true > > but the amount of 1 million was tossed out. I really doubt Dushku is being > > offered the same kind of money for movie roles even if she might be more > > in demand. > > Maybe not but she's in a lot more movies than Hannigan and that evens > things out. No way. It's the quality, and box office that determines who has a buzz in hollywood. You guys act as if "True Lies" was the Matrix or something. Eliza is a minor player in show biz, not invisible but hardly a force. She knows this and she will sign for the spin-off but, if she and her agent are smart, will make ME and company sweat it out as long as possible to jack up her price. SMG is right to get out now, the show was great but they have told their best stories and there is nothing left to do but regurgitate old plotlines only now with "tough-rebel jive-talkin slayer" Faith. I give the spin-off one season and out but the Buffy legacy will live on.

2003-02-08 01:19:14-05:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (X-calibur <X-calibur@comcast.net>)

I think it will be awesome for a spin-off. I think Faith is more interesting, b/c she is true to the dark side which really would affect somebody's whose whole purpose is killing. "William George Ferguson" <william.george.ferguson@domail.maricopa.edu> wrote in message news:3hb84v4jhpfo81fm5js686p03j3rmi0d1h@4ax.com... > On 7 Feb 2003 07:50:10 -0600, Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote: > >I don't know if the Eliza Dushku rumors are true or not regarding her > >signing a contract for the Faith spinoff. What I'd like to say here is > >my opinion based on what I think we're witnessing. If the rumors prove > >true, and because there are multiple sources leaking various scenarios > >about the signing and the show premises then it's looking very likely > >she made her decision by saying to herself "Hey, I got nothin' to lose. > >Let's go for it." To be very frank about this.the only time I read > >anything about Eliza Dushku has been either through forums dedicated to > >her or small snippets of information about her over long stretches of > >dry spells. And the only other times I've seen Eliza Dushku has been > >from "Bring It On" and the preview for that movie "Soul Survivors". In > >fact I read a clipping about the advertising of "Soul Survivors" where > >it was commented that the promos made heavy use of Eliza Dushku for > >selling that movie but she was hardly in that movie at all. Am I right > >about this? Whatever. > > Your not noticing does not equal Hollywood producers and casting > directors not noticing, see below. > > >I think if this spinoff rumor is true and it survives, (I have a feeling > >it will), and Eliza Dushku has a steady fan base thanks to the > >popularity of the Faith character, then Eliza Dushku will finally get > >the attention of Hollywood. It would be an ironic twist to have Sarah > >Michelle Gellar itching to get away from the Buffy series to do big > >screen movie projects to find out the hard way what Eliza Dushku has > >been putting up with all these years - long dry spells of no big movie > >roles for her. So what Eliza Dushku is doing (assuming the rumors about > >her signing onto the spinoff are true) is being very practical. She > >wants to get back into the groove of having all that attention and > >wresting the limelight for once and getting noticed by the casting > >agents in Hollywood. Once that happens then Eliza Dushku's career will > >take off once again. > > While I would love to see Eliza Dushku do a series, she doesn't need > to get noticed by casting directors, she's already got that locked > down. In the last two years, she has made 6 Hollywood movies. You > can count the actressess who have made 6 Hollywood movies in the last > two years on your fingers, and have fingers left over. She isn't a > 'name above the title' success, but she has been working almost > continuously since the last time we saw her on Angel, and that's very > rare for a movie actress, even the big name ones. She was shooting a > movie in Toronto in August, when it was announced that she had signed > to episodes of Angel and Buffy. She finished shooting another one in > December, to clear the way for shooting Angel and Buffy in January, > February and March. > > > -- > "Oh Buffy, you really do need to have > every square inch of your ass kicked." > - Willow Rosenberg

2003-02-08 01:28:19+00:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (Shorty <notrealshorty@hotmail.com>)

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 11:54:23 -0600, BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> >Dushku is easily in Hannigan's league as far as earnings. Not Gellar but >that's because of Gellar's huge Maybelline contract. Gellar makes more >money from that than anything else. I doubt that is true. Aly makes a shade under 1.5 mill per season of Buffy, she made 1.75 for AP2, shes been in 4 or so other movies and is prolly making close to 3-5 +gross for AP3. Aly is worth more now, but if Eliza makes TL2 and get the Alice roll things would be different. Plus Dushku is also quite a bit younger than Alyson.

2003-02-08 01:28:48+00:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (Shorty <notrealshorty@hotmail.com>)

2003-02-08 04:36:40-05:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (David Marc Nieporent <nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu>)

In article <65594vsvo5qj8gvn4fvchc5qijfvk5dnnd@4ax.com>, William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com> wrote: >Shorty <notrealshorty@hotmail.com> wrote: >>William George Ferguson wrote: >>>On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:59:23 -0600, anonymous <anon@anon.net> wrote: >>>>Heheh funny you say that, I just saw a trailer for the Direct-to-video >>>>"Bring it On 2" and nobody familiar was in it. >>>Well, Felicia Day (Vi) is in it. At least, she's familiar to us. >>Who? >The Potential that likes to wear knit caps. How do you know she _likes_ wearing them? --------------------------------------------- David M. Nieporent nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu

2003-02-08 08:58:02-06:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <j2GdnauM5cDBPNmjXTWcoA@comcast.com>, "X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote: > I think it will be awesome for a spin-off. I think Faith is more > interesting, b/c she is true to the dark side which really would affect > somebody's whose whole purpose is killing. Just so long as they don't introduce a new vampire who goes around shirtless most of the time and eventually ends up banging Faith and regaining his soul. Seems like they really love that plot device.

2003-02-08 12:49:27-07:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com>)

2003-02-09 07:37:12-08:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (Alternity@EV1.net)

2003-02-09 09:44:48+00:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (Silverlock <croesus@earthlink.net>)

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:45:32 -0700, "ShadowWalker" <ashadowwalkerz@go.com> wrote: > >"Alberich" <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote in message >news:MPG.18ad82f7adb1bcd59898c0@news.cyburban.com... > >> It would be an ironic twist to have Sarah >> Michelle Gellar itching to get away from the Buffy series to do big >> screen movie projects to find out the hard way what Eliza Dushku has >> been putting up with all these years - long dry spells of no big movie >> roles for her. So what Eliza Dushku is doing (assuming the rumors about >> her signing onto the spinoff are true) is being very practical. > >Besides that, as a professional, I'd think that working w/ people who >consistently >put out high-quality work would be much more desirable than making ten >horrible >Scooby-Doo movies. Maybe it's just me, but if I were choosing between the >creativity >of those at ME & some nameless big-screen hack flopping out another popcorn >movie, >there'd be no contest. > >-Kim > Uhm what's wrong with Scooby Doo? It was a well made, fun and profitable movie and i look forward to the sequels. And SMG did a great job as Daphne, almost as good as the job Linda Cardellini did as Velma. -- Silverlock, ICQ 474725, Household Pests? The SW-404 'SpitFire' APRL cleansing system will remove them, we Guarantee IT! Not responsible for damage to persons or structures from use of this product. Dial 1-800-FRY-THEM for info and a home demonstration.

2003-02-09 14:10:09-05:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <4l8c4v85jlrk5ntot1clrl18609f5p825i@4ax.com>, Silverlock <croesus@earthlink.net> wrote: > > Uhm what's wrong with Scooby Doo? It was a well made, fun and > profitable movie and i look forward to the sequels. And SMG did a > great job as Daphne, almost as good as the job Linda Cardellini did as > Velma. I'm not sure that SMG did a "great" job as Daphne, but it was competent. It didn't do anything to stretch her range, or anything like that. I spent a lot of the movie thinking I was watching the Buffybot, but that was a very appropriate way to play Daphne. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-02-14 13:41:36-07:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (William George Ferguson <william.george.ferguson@domail.maricopa.edu>)

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:43:23 +0000, Zygon Curry <private@due_to_spam_email.junk> wrote: >On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:19:30 -0600, BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> >wrote: > >>In article <muv74vo3l02vom0hr7mos6m5k9elmldmvu@4ax.com>, EGK >><me@privacy.net> wrote: >> >>> On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:23:51 GMT, sillyman@famous.com wrote: >>> >>> >On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:18:41 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: >>> > >>> >> At least I haven't seen >>> >>anyone clamoring to sign her for Bring it on 2 or The new guy part 2. >>> >> >>> >> >>> > >>> >Isn't there a True Lies sequel in the works though? >>> >>> That wasn't exactly a movie where Dushku played a very important role. >> >>She was the focal point for the entire last act. >> >>> I don't even know if she's in the sequel or not. Since she was so young, >>> it would have been just as easy to cast any grown up actress to reprise her >>> role. >> >>She's been approached and has agreed to do the movie should it ever be >>made > > >Has that been confirmed anywhere, or just Internet rumours? In news stories, with actual quotes from Dushku, she has actively campaigned to reprise the part should a sequel be made. The latest story I saw where she commented was from last spring. What she said at that time was the she hadn't been approached, but that she had been letting James Cameron know that if they ever finally did the sequel, she was ready and extremely willing to reprise Dana Trasker. It's not a case of them contacting her about doing it, it's a case of her contacting them (specifically Cameron) about doing it, if the movie ever happens. -- "Oh Buffy, you really do need to have every square inch of your ass kicked." - Willow Rosenberg

2003-02-14 13:43:23+00:00 - Re: Eliza Dushku's revenge? - (Zygon Curry <private@due_to_spam_email.junk>)