FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-21 00:30:26-07:00 - Re: The old magic amulet trick. - (harrier666@yahoo.com)

mrl@psfc.mit.edu (Mark London) wrote in message news:<21MAY03.02345107@psfc.mit.edu>... > The amulet isn't explained very well, i.e. where it came from. Even the First > didn't seem too scared of it, otherwise he would have directed the Ubervamps > to try and get it away from him, rather than wasting time with the Slayettes. > > Since it was supplied by Wolfram and Hart, I guess they don't like > competitors, the only explanation of why they would help destroy the First. > Maybe they created the amulet and kept it hidden, just for this purpose? > > Mark London > MRL@PSFC.MIT.EDU This is my favorite question so far, and no answers! I think it may be answered with Spike appears on Angel, but still good point. Obviously, the most powerful weapon in the fight, and really not much said about it.

2003-05-21 02:34:51+00:00 - The old magic amulet trick. - (mrl@psfc.mit.edu)

2003-05-21 03:20:37+00:00 - Re: The old magic amulet trick. - (Clayton Courtney <ffnogoodnik@stny.rr.com>)

"Mark London" <mrl@psfc.mit.edu> wrote in message news:21MAY03.02345107@psfc.mit.edu... > The amulet isn't explained very well, i.e. where it came from. Even the First > didn't seem too scared of it, otherwise he would have directed the Ubervamps > to try and get it away from him, rather than wasting time with the Slayettes. > > Since it was supplied by Wolfram and Hart, I guess they don't like > competitors, the only explanation of why they would help destroy the First. > Maybe they created the amulet and kept it hidden, just for this purpose? > > Mark London > MRL@PSFC.MIT.EDU They may not like competitors, how can Wolfram and Hart take over the world with all the ubervamps running around?

2003-05-21 04:28:18+00:00 - Re: The old magic amulet trick. - (Cyberchondriac <uhuhuh@nonono.com>)

yeah, wasn't that convenient ? In just the last couple of episodes, we're suddenly endowed with not just one previously unheard of magic weapon, but two ! Talk about hurried writing.. "Mark London" <mrl@psfc.mit.edu> wrote in message news:21MAY03.02345107@psfc.mit.edu... > The amulet isn't explained very well, i.e. where it came from. Even the First > didn't seem too scared of it, otherwise he would have directed the Ubervamps > to try and get it away from him, rather than wasting time with the Slayettes. > > Since it was supplied by Wolfram and Hart, I guess they don't like > competitors, the only explanation of why they would help destroy the First. > Maybe they created the amulet and kept it hidden, just for this purpose? > > Mark London > MRL@PSFC.MIT.EDU

2003-05-21 13:25:12+00:00 - Re: The old magic amulet trick. - (matt newhouse <shmegecky@mac.com>)

On 5/21/03 2:30 AM, in article 2497b46c.0305202330.297daf73@posting.google.com, "harrier" <harrier666@yahoo.com> wrote: > mrl@psfc.mit.edu (Mark London) wrote in message > news:<21MAY03.02345107@psfc.mit.edu>... >> The amulet isn't explained very well, i.e. where it came from. Even the >> First >> didn't seem too scared of it, otherwise he would have directed the Ubervamps >> to try and get it away from him, rather than wasting time with the Slayettes. >> >> Since it was supplied by Wolfram and Hart, I guess they don't like >> competitors, the only explanation of why they would help destroy the First. >> Maybe they created the amulet and kept it hidden, just for this purpose? >> >> Mark London >> MRL@PSFC.MIT.EDU > > This is my favorite question so far, and no answers! I think it may > be answered with Spike appears on Angel, but still good point. > Obviously, the most powerful weapon in the fight, and really not much > said about it. It occurred to me that, given the effect using the amulet had on Spike, W&H was hoping that Angel would be the one to use it, therefore fulfilling their master plan of destroying Angel by lulling him into a false sense of security in "Home". After all, it was described as needing to be worn by someone more powerful than a human with a soul, obviously Angel expected it to be him. I wonder if there will be some surprise on the part of W&E when Angel shows up in LA again?

2003-05-21 14:15:49+00:00 - Re: The old magic amulet trick. - (Clotilde <Dodge@ev1.net>)

matt newhouse <shmegecky@mac.com> wrote: >On 5/21/03 2:30 AM, in article >2497b46c.0305202330.297daf73@posting.google.com, "harrier" ><harrier666@yahoo.com> wrote: > >> mrl@psfc.mit.edu (Mark London) wrote in message >> news:<21MAY03.02345107@psfc.mit.edu>... >>> The amulet isn't explained very well, i.e. where it came from. Even the >>> First >>> didn't seem too scared of it, otherwise he would have directed the Ubervamps >>> to try and get it away from him, rather than wasting time with the Slayettes. >>> >>> Since it was supplied by Wolfram and Hart, I guess they don't like >>> competitors, the only explanation of why they would help destroy the First. >>> Maybe they created the amulet and kept it hidden, just for this purpose? >>> >>> Mark London >>> MRL@PSFC.MIT.EDU >> >> This is my favorite question so far, and no answers! I think it may >> be answered with Spike appears on Angel, but still good point. >> Obviously, the most powerful weapon in the fight, and really not much >> said about it. >It occurred to me that, given the effect using the amulet had on Spike, W&H >was hoping that Angel would be the one to use it, therefore fulfilling their >master plan of destroying Angel by lulling him into a false sense of >security in "Home". After all, it was described as needing to be worn by >someone more powerful than a human with a soul, obviously Angel expected it >to be him. I wonder if there will be some surprise on the part of W&E when >Angel shows up in LA again? > > Good point. Also. There are lots of amulets. There are lots of talismans and artifacts and magical weaponry (like the one Buffy had) and so forth. It's to be expected she'd try everything. The First was certain it could defeat the people ranged against it no matter what they pulled out of the hat. - - ��� is akin to dropping rose petals into the Grand Canyon and waiting to hear the boom. -Neil Gaiman

2003-05-28 15:56:49-04:00 - Re: The old magic amulet trick. - (David Cheatham <david@tg.creeknet.com>)

In article <BAF0E8AF.B5D%shmegecky@mac.com>, shmegecky@mac.com says... > On 5/21/03 2:30 AM, in article > 2497b46c.0305202330.297daf73@posting.google.com, "harrier" > <harrier666@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > mrl@psfc.mit.edu (Mark London) wrote in message > > news:<21MAY03.02345107@psfc.mit.edu>... > >> The amulet isn't explained very well, i.e. where it came from. Even the > >> First > >> didn't seem too scared of it, otherwise he would have directed the Ubervamps > >> to try and get it away from him, rather than wasting time with the Slayettes. > >> > >> Since it was supplied by Wolfram and Hart, I guess they don't like > >> competitors, the only explanation of why they would help destroy the First. > >> Maybe they created the amulet and kept it hidden, just for this purpose? > >> > >> Mark London > >> MRL@PSFC.MIT.EDU > > > > This is my favorite question so far, and no answers! I think it may > > be answered with Spike appears on Angel, but still good point. > > Obviously, the most powerful weapon in the fight, and really not much > > said about it. > It occurred to me that, given the effect using the amulet had on Spike, W&H > was hoping that Angel would be the one to use it, therefore fulfilling their > master plan of destroying Angel by lulling him into a false sense of > security in "Home". After all, it was described as needing to be worn by > someone more powerful than a human with a soul, obviously Angel expected it > to be him. I wonder if there will be some surprise on the part of W&E when > Angel shows up in LA again? The great thing about only having one show is not caring the slightest about having two in sync. They can start next season's Angel right where this season's Buffy left off. -- Strip off the 'tg' or your email will be discarded.