FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-28 13:44:25-08:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

The Zany Rogue wrote: > That's why she was such a great Vengeance Demon.

2003-02-28 15:46:09-07:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (William George Ferguson <william.george.ferguson@domail.maricopa.edu>)

fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote: >>Subject: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love >>From: thezanyrogue@aol.com (The Zany Rogue) >>Date: 2/28/2003 12:48 PM Pacific Standard Time >>Message-id: <20030228154836.19878.00000172@mb-mj.aol.com> >> >>and so is Kelsey Grammar, James Woods and John Malkovich >> > >John Malkovich? That surprises me. He somehow screams "naughty Democrat" to >me. But I guess he's a naughty Republican instead. But James Woods is far >naughtier Republican I'm sure. (How would I know? I don't. Just conjecturing >based on their facial expressions.) Based on his comments in a variety of interviews, James Woods apparently considers Republicans to be liberal pinko pansies. (among other things, he's strongly in favor of racial profiling) -- "Oh Buffy, you really do need to have every square inch of your ass kicked." - Willow Rosenberg

2003-02-28 16:04:44-06:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <20030228162559.25518.00000416@mb-fc.aol.com>, fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote: > >Subject: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love > >From: thezanyrogue@aol.com (The Zany Rogue) > >Date: 2/28/2003 12:48 PM Pacific Standard Time > >Message-id: <20030228154836.19878.00000172@mb-mj.aol.com> > > > >and so is Kelsey Grammar, James Woods and John Malkovich > > > > John Malkovich? That surprises me. He somehow screams "naughty > Democrat" to > me. But I guess he's a naughty Republican instead. But James Woods is > far naughtier Republican I'm sure. (How would I know? I don't. Just > conjecturing based on their facial expressions.) > > Other Republican stars are Clint Eastwood, Shirley Jones (not a naughty > one at all), Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Shannon Doherty (do you Repubs > wish she would switch parties?), maybe Gary Shandling (he was a Bush Sr. fan), > Tom Selleck, Sammy Hagar if I am not mistaken, and of course, the king of > conservative actors, Charlton Heston. Don't forget Fred Thompson who actually has some credentials besides just being a Hollywood celebrity.

2003-02-28 16:07:35-06:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <o2lv5voou8g3baksbrgnoe2aq7e8t078qb@4ax.com>, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., told reporters recently, "If Washington is a > Hollywood for ugly people, Hollywood is a Washington for the > simple-minded." I love when McCain says stuff like this. Like the time he was on SNL and did a skit where he was singing all of Barbra Streisand's songs. After singing, he said something like, "Pretty horrific, isn't it? I'll make a deal with you Barbra, you don't do my job and I won't do yours."

2003-02-28 16:37:14-05:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On 28 Feb 2003 21:25:59 GMT, fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote: >I think celebs on both sides of the issue should yell as loud as they want. I >don't get mad about celebs expressing their views. I'm sure most talk show >hosts who do so are no less qualified than they are to evaluate Middle East >policy. I think something good can come out of famous people talking loudly >about whatever issues they want to talk about. They get media attention, and >they sometimes get the attention of people who otherwise wouldn't pay >attention. I don't think celebrities should yell as loud as they want but I believe they have the right to. What bugs me is when you have someone like Jeanine Garafolo, liberal democrat, who acts like she's very well informed and criticizes the media for trying to "marginalize us by calling us celebrities". She says she just wants to be regarded as a normal, everyday citizen like anyone else. Umm, last time I looked, normal, everyday citizens aren't invited on the Sunday morning news shows or The O'Reilly Factor to express their opinions. Some celebs want it both ways. They love the media attention being a celebrity gives then but then claim they want their voices to be on par with everyone else. Well, Jeanine, come on down to usenet and rant with the rest of us. >Of course, anyone who'd pick a position just because Arnold Schwarzenegger or >Rush Limbaugh or Barbara Streisand or Martin Sheen takes that position, is >kinda sad. But if hearing them blab makes even one person want to read more >about an issue, then good. There are way too many apathetic, uninformed people. The average person is beaten down to believing their opinion doesn't matter because the ones getting attention are the so-called beautiful people. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., told reporters recently, "If Washington is a Hollywood for ugly people, Hollywood is a Washington for the simple-minded." ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes) email: egk-nospam-@hotmail.com

[...]

2003-02-28 17:21:41-05:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - ("Mathew R. Ignash" <mathewignash@comcast.net>)

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:04:44 -0600, BTR1701 wrote: > > Other Republican stars are Clint Eastwood, Shirley Jones (not a naughty > > one at all), Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Shannon Doherty (do you Repubs > > wish she would switch parties?), maybe Gary Shandling (he was a Bush Sr. fan), > > Tom Selleck, Sammy Hagar if I am not mistaken, and of course, the king of > > conservative actors, Charlton Heston. > > Don't forget Fred Thompson who actually has some credentials besides > just being a Hollywood celebrity. Does Ted Nugent count as a "star"? Or is he merely a musician? He regularly endorses Republicans, even wishy washy ones like Spence Abraham, which he did in return for a seat at the NRA. -- Mathew Homepage - http://mathew.fcpages.com/ Angel web site - http://angel.fcpages.com/

2003-02-28 20:22:47-06:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <20030228184935.00335.00000426@mb-ch.aol.com>, fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote: > BTR wrote: > > > > > > >Don't forget Fred Thompson who actually has some credentials besides > >just being a Hollywood celebrity. > > > > What were his credentials before he ran for Senate? (I don't really > count Fred Thompson in the group above because while he was a very good actor, he > wasn't what I'd call a celebrity.) Fred Thompson was a politician before he became an actor the first time around. He was senior counsel to the House of Representatives during the Watergate hearings and held several high profile government jobs. Then he went into acting, starring in movies like "Die Hard II" and "Hunt for Red October". Then he ran for Senate and now he's back to acting again.

2003-02-28 20:24:47+00:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (pc7@mindspring.com)

thezanyrogue@aol.com (The Zany Rogue) wrote: >and so is Kelsey Grammar, James Woods and John Malkovich > >Click here: Acting out - Hollywood antiwar sentiment is loud and clear. And so >is the opposition What is the url for this article. I can't click on my newsreader. Howe

2003-02-28 20:48:36+00:00 - Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (thezanyrogue@aol.com)

2003-02-28 21:25:59+00:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2003-02-28 23:23:02-05:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (TomTraubertsBlues <silentsaregolden@comcast.net>)

"Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message news:20030228185254.00335.00000428@mb-ch.aol.com... > >Subject: Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love > >From: Carmikl Carmikl@rcn.com > >Date: 2/28/2003 1:44 PM Pacific Standard Time > >Message-id: <3E5FD839.1682EFC1@rcn.com> > > > >The Zany Rogue wrote: > >> > >That's why she was such a great Vengeance Demon. > > > > Ironically, the Vengeance Demon is equatable to some conservatives' view of > feminists. Actually, I'm not so sure EC does lean Republican. I heard her explain that she backed Elizabeth Dole when she ran because she admired her and thought she was a strong female, but that she was not a conservative. Still could be a Republican without being conservative, but my guess is that she is Independent if anything. Many of these celebrities who are Republicans are more liberal than your average Republican, especially on social issues. The only celebrity of any note that I have ever heard express a pro-life stance is Patricia Heaton on Everybody Loves Raymond. Mike Mike

2003-02-28 23:36:20-05:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (Vince Macek <vmacek@mindspring.com>)

BTR1701 wrote: > In article <20030228162559.25518.00000416@mb-fc.aol.com>, > fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote: > > > >Subject: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love > > >From: thezanyrogue@aol.com (The Zany Rogue) > > >Date: 2/28/2003 12:48 PM Pacific Standard Time > > >Message-id: <20030228154836.19878.00000172@mb-mj.aol.com> > > > > > >and so is Kelsey Grammar, James Woods and John Malkovich > > > > > > > John Malkovich? That surprises me. He somehow screams "naughty > > Democrat" to > > me. But I guess he's a naughty Republican instead. But James Woods is > > far naughtier Republican I'm sure. (How would I know? I don't. Just > > conjecturing based on their facial expressions.) > > > > Other Republican stars are Clint Eastwood, Shirley Jones (not a naughty > > one at all), Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Shannon Doherty (do you Repubs > > wish she would switch parties?), maybe Gary Shandling (he was a Bush Sr. fan), > > Tom Selleck, Sammy Hagar if I am not mistaken, and of course, the king of > > conservative actors, Charlton Heston. > > Don't forget Fred Thompson who actually has some credentials besides > just being a Hollywood celebrity. Fred Thompson? I thought he *was* Kelsey Grammar. Have you seen them in the same room? VMacek

[...]

2003-02-28 23:49:35+00:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

BTR wrote: > > >Don't forget Fred Thompson who actually has some credentials besides >just being a Hollywood celebrity. > What were his credentials before he ran for Senate? (I don't really count Fred Thompson in the group above because while he was a very good actor, he wasn't what I'd call a celebrity.) Rose It's not Giles, no, it's not "Mine is a redemptive struggle. These ropes itch." -- Andrew

2003-02-28 23:51:36+00:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2003-02-28 23:52:54+00:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2003-03-01 00:54:20+00:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (Dan Kimmel <dan.kimmel@worldnet.att.net>)

"Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message news:20030228184935.00335.00000426@mb-ch.aol.com... > BTR wrote: > > > > > > >Don't forget Fred Thompson who actually has some credentials besides > >just being a Hollywood celebrity. > > > > What were his credentials before he ran for Senate? (I don't really count Fred > Thompson in the group above because while he was a very good actor, he wasn't > what I'd call a celebrity.) Thompson was a lawyer who served as Minority Counsel for the Senate Watergate Committee. He later helped bring down the corrupt governor of Tennessee by defending a woman on the state parole board who blew the whistle on the corrupt pol. The late writer Peter Maas told the story in the highly readable, "Marie, A True Story," which was later turned into a movie starring Sissy Spacek. When the movie was made, Thompson played himself and that launched his acting career.

2003-03-01 01:14:35+00:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (Mike Craney <mcraney@sbcglobalnospam.net>)

"howe" <pc7@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3e5fc56b.353073541@news.mindspring.com... > thezanyrogue@aol.com (The Zany Rogue) wrote: > > >and so is Kelsey Grammar, James Woods and John Malkovich > > > >Click here: Acting out - Hollywood antiwar sentiment is loud and clear. And so > >is the opposition > > What is the url for this article. I can't click on my newsreader. > > Howe Just feed that phrase into Google. It'll come up on top. Mike

2003-03-01 01:34:07-06:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <NLqdnfSWGoU-qP2jXTWcpQ@comcast.com>, "TomTraubertsBlues" <silentsaregolden@comcast.net> wrote: > "Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message > news:20030228185254.00335.00000428@mb-ch.aol.com... > > >Subject: Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love > > >From: Carmikl Carmikl@rcn.com > > >Date: 2/28/2003 1:44 PM Pacific Standard Time > > >Message-id: <3E5FD839.1682EFC1@rcn.com> > > > > > >The Zany Rogue wrote: > > >> > > >That's why she was such a great Vengeance Demon. > > > > > > > Ironically, the Vengeance Demon is equatable to some conservatives' > > view of feminists. > > Actually, I'm not so sure EC does lean Republican. I heard her explain > that she backed Elizabeth Dole when she ran because she admired her and > thought she was a strong female, but that she was not a conservative. Still > could be a Republican without being conservative, but my guess is that she is > Independent if anything. > > Many of these celebrities who are Republicans are more liberal than your > average Republican, especially on social issues. The only celebrity of > any note that I have ever heard express a pro-life stance is Patricia Heaton > on Everybody Loves Raymond. Also Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) from "Voyager".

[...]

2003-03-01 16:39:32+00:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

BTR wrote: > >Then he went into acting, starring in movies like "Die Hard II" and >"Hunt for Red October". > I remember him from his short but neato scene in Thunderheart, one of my favorite movies. Rose It's not Giles, no, it's not "Mine is a redemptive struggle. These ropes itch." -- Andrew

2003-03-01 19:03:12-05:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (Tom Breton <tehom@REMOVEpanNOSPAMix.com>)

fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) writes: [...] > Of course, anyone who'd pick a position just because Arnold Schwarzenegger or > Rush Limbaugh or Barbara Streisand or Martin Sheen takes that position, is > kinda sad. But if hearing them blab makes even one person want to read more > about an issue, then good. There are way too many apathetic, uninformed people. And if it makes even one person think they already know all they need to know about an issue? This seems more common to me. It sets an example that one should emote and lecture and sloganize instead of learn. -- Tom Breton at panix.com, username tehom. http://www.panix.com/~tehom

2003-03-02 05:40:54+00:00 - Re: Emma Caufield a republican! I am in love - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)