FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-13 16:41:18-06:00 - My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com>)

Let's think the worst possible scenario right now. And that would be for Sarah Michelle Gellar tip toeing up to Joss Whedon and saying privately "I'm not coming back. I want to spend more time with my husband and start a family." She may have already told him she wants out. In that case, I propose a simple solution to everyone watching the show right now: Seasons 6 and 7 don't count at all. They were just nightmare dreams by someone other than Buffy thinking up these imaginary adventures to a Buffy who is still dead and rotting in the grave after the Season 5 finale "The Gift". This means as far as I'm concerned, not to buy the seasons 6 to 7 DVD sets of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The DVD box set purchases end after season 5. The happiest scenario, in my opinion, would be to hear a UPN spokesperson making an announcement like this..."We are saddened to announce that Sarah Michelle Gellar has decided to hang up her wooden stakes and leave the Buffy franchise. However, we at UPN are pleased to announce the addition of actress Eliza Dushku aka the bad girl vampire slayer Faith has agreed to an undisclosed amount of money to reprise the role of Faith in a spinoff to be named shortly." We can dream, right?

2003-01-13 20:02:59-06:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (RAW <Rawatson1@nospamMcleodusa.net>)

"Alberich" <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:MPG.188d09cae6a08a0a989848@news.cyburban.com... > Let's think the worst possible scenario right now. And that would be for > Sarah Michelle Gellar tip toeing up to Joss Whedon and saying privately > "I'm not coming back. I want to spend more time with my husband and > start a family." She may have already told him she wants out. In that > case, I propose a simple solution to everyone watching the show right > now: > > Seasons 6 and 7 don't count at all. They were just nightmare dreams by > someone other than Buffy thinking up these imaginary adventures to a > Buffy who is still dead and rotting in the grave after the Season 5 > finale "The Gift". This means as far as I'm concerned, not to buy the > seasons 6 to 7 DVD sets of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The DVD box set > purchases end after season 5. > > The happiest scenario, in my opinion, would be to hear a UPN > spokesperson making an announcement like this..."We are saddened to > announce that Sarah Michelle Gellar has decided to hang up her wooden > stakes and leave the Buffy franchise. However, we at UPN are pleased to > announce the addition of actress Eliza Dushku aka the bad girl vampire > slayer Faith has agreed to an undisclosed amount of money to reprise the > role of Faith in a spinoff to be named shortly." > > We can dream, right? Fox news was saying that UPN is trying to keep Buffy another year as well as renew Smackdown. -- Become a vampire click link. http://www.projectjen.net/sire.asp?s=1563144060

2003-01-14 03:09:30+00:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - ("Stimpson J. Cat" <house@next.tuesday>)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:02:59 -0600, "RAW" <Rawatson1@nospamMcleodusa.net> wrote: > >Fox news was saying that UPN is trying to keep Buffy another year as well as >renew Smackdown. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean Hooray!!!!! But good stinking lord!!! Could we POSSIBLY have any more freaking conflicting reports!!!!! Damn!!! - I am confused, and know not what to think! Although sadly, my gut says its over. Stimpson

2003-01-14 04:01:01-06:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: Stimpson J. Cat <house@next.tuesday> wrote in <9nv62v40omn08pjor3434h9ev8raee516h@4ax.com>: > On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:02:59 -0600, "RAW" > <Rawatson1@nospamMcleodusa.net> wrote: > > > > >Fox news was saying that UPN is trying to keep Buffy another year as well as > >renew Smackdown. > > AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > > I mean Hooray!!!!! > > But good stinking lord!!! Could we POSSIBLY have any more freaking > conflicting reports!!!!! > > Damn!!! - I am confused, and know not what to think! > > Although sadly, my gut says its over. > Repeat after me until something definitive shows up: "We don't know. We just don't know." -- "Welcome to the Hellmouth, where even outerwear isn't safe. -- Xander Harris Roberto Castillo castillo@enteract.com http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

[...]

2003-01-14 12:53:05+00:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

Until something is officially announced or one of the major participants says something definitive(ie SMG saying "I'm not coming back even if hell freezes over"), I would dismiss most news reports on the subject as speculation mostly. All sides with a vested interest in the show's future(the cast, Joss, ME, UPN, Fox, etc.) at this point are mostly saying things to maximize their own leverage in the future negotiations. It would be stupid for UPN at this stage to publicly admit they desperately want SMG to star again for an 8th season because then Fox could hold UPN hostage for money, the same way I think SMG wants to hold Fox hostage for a big payday. Does anyone here really believe SMG would turn down some crazy offer like a million per episode if Fox offered it? I don't.

2003-01-14 15:09:19-08:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (Immortus45@yahoo.com)

Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.188d09cae6a08a0a989848@news.cyburban.com>... > Let's think the worst possible scenario right now. And that would be for > Sarah Michelle Gellar tip toeing up to Joss Whedon and saying privately > "I'm not coming back. I want to spend more time with my husband and > start a family." She may have already told him she wants out. In that > case, I propose a simple solution to everyone watching the show right > now: > I've got an idea. Why not fix the Buffybot ? They wouldn't even have to pay it. They'd just have to reprogram it so that it acts more like Sarah and less flakey. Too bad Warren is dead. It might be difficult to found an android programmer as good as him.

2003-01-14 16:59:42-06:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - ("Stimpson J. Cat" <house@next.tuesday>)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 04:01:01 -0600, Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com> wrote: >> >Repeat after me until something definitive shows up: "We don't know. >We just don't know." We don't know. We just don't know. Stimpson

2003-01-14 16:59:42-06:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - ("Stimpson J. Cat" <house@next.tuesday>)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 04:01:01 -0600, Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com> wrote: >> >Repeat after me until something definitive shows up: "We don't know. >We just don't know." We don't know. We just don't know. Stimpson

2003-01-14 19:12:42+00:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

There's a Sarah Michelle Gellar problem? Does George Bush know about this and if so, what is he doing about it? Rose Campaigning for Spike to get brown roots and a life beyond Buffy.

2003-01-14 20:11:39-05:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (someone <yustabe@bellsouth.net>)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:09:19 +0000, Immortus45 wrote: > Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.188d09cae6a08a0a989848@news.cyburban.com>... >> Let's think the worst possible scenario right now. And that would be for >> Sarah Michelle Gellar tip toeing up to Joss Whedon and saying privately >> "I'm not coming back. I want to spend more time with my husband and >> start a family." She may have already told him she wants out. In that >> case, I propose a simple solution to everyone watching the show right >> now: >> > > > I've got an idea. Why not fix the Buffybot ? They wouldn't even have > to pay it. They'd just have to reprogram it so that it acts more like > Sarah and less flakey. Too bad Warren is dead. It might be difficult > to found an android programmer as good as him. Works for me! Hopefully Buffybot can be reverse engineered- I'll put in an advance order for a WillowVampBot ASAP...(is it getting hot in here?).

2003-01-15 00:30:06-08:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com)

Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.188d09cae6a08a0a989848@news.cyburban.com>... > Let's think the worst possible scenario right now. And that would be for > Sarah Michelle Gellar tip toeing up to Joss Whedon and saying privately > "I'm not coming back. I want to spend more time with my husband and > start a family." HA! More like, she marches up to him with two lawyers and screeches, "I AM this show. You're NOTHING without me! Now, are you going to give me ALL the money or am I going to dump you like the useless little geeks you are?"

2003-01-15 01:47:31-06:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote in <20030114141242.06142.00000874@mb-dh.aol.com>: > There's a Sarah Michelle Gellar problem? > > Does George Bush know about this and if so, what is he doing about it? He's forbidden Jenna and Bar from seeing her until further notice. -- "Welcome to the Hellmouth, where even outerwear isn't safe. -- Xander Harris Roberto Castillo castillo@enteract.com http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2003-01-15 02:30:57+00:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - ("Stimpson J. Cat" <house@next.tuesday>)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:11:39 -0500, "someone" <yustabe@bellsouth.net> wrote: > >Works for me! Hopefully Buffybot can be reverse engineered- I'll put in an >advance order for a WillowVampBot ASAP...(is it getting hot in here?). I see the temptation, but she will only bite you. It will be your demise. Regards, Stimpson

2003-01-15 02:30:57+00:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - ("Stimpson J. Cat" <house@next.tuesday>)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:11:39 -0500, "someone" <yustabe@bellsouth.net> wrote: > >Works for me! Hopefully Buffybot can be reverse engineered- I'll put in an >advance order for a WillowVampBot ASAP...(is it getting hot in here?). I see the temptation, but she will only bite you. It will be your demise. Regards, Stimpson

2003-01-15 06:27:46-08:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (salmoneous@aol.com)

Alberich > Let's think the worst possible scenario right now. And that would be for > Sarah Michelle Gellar tip toeing up to Joss Whedon and saying privately > "I'm not coming back That's not really the worse possible scenario. A clean end after S7 would be much better than them dragging back an unhappy and unmotivated SMG to sleepwalk through guestspots in lame S8. Then there's the ultimate worst scenario - Dawn the Vampire Slayer

2003-01-15 23:34:47-08:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com)

"Mark & Susan Kirby" <kali.opt@attbi.com> wrote in message news:<76qV9.4888$1q3.1198@sccrnsc01>... > "salmoneous" <salmoneous@aol.com> wrote in message > news:54daff87.0301150627.37f748f7@posting.google.com... > > Alberich > > > > > Let's think the worst possible scenario right now. And that would be for > > > Sarah Michelle Gellar tip toeing up to Joss Whedon and saying privately > > > "I'm not coming back > > > > That's not really the worse possible scenario. A clean end after S7 > > would be much better than them dragging back an unhappy and > > unmotivated SMG to sleepwalk through guestspots in lame S8. > > > > Then there's the ultimate worst scenario - Dawn the Vampire Slayer > > Now THAT would prompt a "GRRRRR! AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHHHH!!!" > > Sue And then there's Willow or Faith taking over, which would be great.

2003-01-16 03:58:59+00:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (Mark & Susan Kirby <kali.opt@attbi.com>)

2003-01-16 04:18:20+00:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (Dreggs <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap>)

"Mark & Susan Kirby" <kali.opt@attbi.com> wrote in message news:76qV9.4888$1q3.1198@sccrnsc01... > > "salmoneous" <salmoneous@aol.com> wrote in message > news:54daff87.0301150627.37f748f7@posting.google.com... > > Alberich > > > > > Let's think the worst possible scenario right now. And that would be for > > > Sarah Michelle Gellar tip toeing up to Joss Whedon and saying privately > > > "I'm not coming back > > > > That's not really the worse possible scenario. A clean end after S7 > > would be much better than them dragging back an unhappy and > > unmotivated SMG to sleepwalk through guestspots in lame S8. > > > > Then there's the ultimate worst scenario - Dawn the Vampire Slayer > > Now THAT would prompt a "GRRRRR! AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHHHH!!!" > I still like the promos: "What do all vampires fear?" "Dawn" "Dawn, the Vampire Slayer"

2003-01-16 13:34:05-08:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com)

"Dreggs" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap> wrote in message news:<goqV9.8624$7O4.3958@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>... > "Mark & Susan Kirby" <kali.opt@attbi.com> wrote in message > news:76qV9.4888$1q3.1198@sccrnsc01... > > > > "salmoneous" <salmoneous@aol.com> wrote in message > > news:54daff87.0301150627.37f748f7@posting.google.com... > > > Alberich > > > > > > > Let's think the worst possible scenario right now. And that would be > for > > > > Sarah Michelle Gellar tip toeing up to Joss Whedon and saying > privately > > > > "I'm not coming back > > > > > > That's not really the worse possible scenario. A clean end after S7 > > > would be much better than them dragging back an unhappy and > > > unmotivated SMG to sleepwalk through guestspots in lame S8. > > > > > > Then there's the ultimate worst scenario - Dawn the Vampire Slayer > > > > Now THAT would prompt a "GRRRRR! AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHHHH!!!" > > > > I still like the promos: > > "What do all vampires fear?" > > > "Dawn" > > > "Dawn, the Vampire Slayer" Well, you've talked me into it. Especially if there was a montage of her throwing stakes, kicking ass and dancing around the kitchen eating pizza.

2003-01-16 15:44:01-06:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - ("Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer" <rickramey@nospamhotmail.com>)

On 16 Jan 2003 13:34:05 -0800, wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com (Wally Rosenberg) wrote: >"Dreggs" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap> wrote in message news:<goqV9.8624$7O4.3958@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>... >> "Mark & Susan Kirby" <kali.opt@attbi.com> wrote in message >> news:76qV9.4888$1q3.1198@sccrnsc01... >> > >> > "salmoneous" <salmoneous@aol.com> wrote in message >> > news:54daff87.0301150627.37f748f7@posting.google.com... >> > > Alberich >> > > >> > > > Let's think the worst possible scenario right now. And that would be >> for >> > > > Sarah Michelle Gellar tip toeing up to Joss Whedon and saying >> privately >> > > > "I'm not coming back >> > > >> > > That's not really the worse possible scenario. A clean end after S7 >> > > would be much better than them dragging back an unhappy and >> > > unmotivated SMG to sleepwalk through guestspots in lame S8. >> > > >> > > Then there's the ultimate worst scenario - Dawn the Vampire Slayer >> > >> > Now THAT would prompt a "GRRRRR! AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHHHH!!!" >> > >> >> I still like the promos: >> >> "What do all vampires fear?" >> >> >> "Dawn" >> >> >> "Dawn, the Vampire Slayer" > >Well, you've talked me into it. > >Especially if there was a montage of her throwing stakes, kicking ass >and dancing around the kitchen eating pizza. More like shaking ass and dancing around the kitchen eating pizza....

2003-01-16 21:44:05+00:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (sweick@aol.com)

"Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer" wrote: >On 16 Jan 2003 13:34:05 -0800, wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com (Wally >Rosenberg) wrote: > >>"Dreggs" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap> wrote in message >news:<goqV9.8624$7O4.3958@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>... >>> "Mark & Susan Kirby" <kali.opt@attbi.com> wrote in message >>> news:76qV9.4888$1q3.1198@sccrnsc01... >>> > >>> > "salmoneous" <salmoneous@aol.com> wrote in message >>> > news:54daff87.0301150627.37f748f7@posting.google.com... >>> > > Alberich >>> > > >>> > > > Let's think the worst possible scenario right now. And that would be >>> for >>> > > > Sarah Michelle Gellar tip toeing up to Joss Whedon and saying >>> privately >>> > > > "I'm not coming back >>> > > >>> > > That's not really the worse possible scenario. A clean end after S7 >>> > > would be much better than them dragging back an unhappy and >>> > > unmotivated SMG to sleepwalk through guestspots in lame S8. >>> > > >>> > > Then there's the ultimate worst scenario - Dawn the Vampire Slayer >>> > >>> > Now THAT would prompt a "GRRRRR! AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHHHH!!!" >>> > >>> >>> I still like the promos: >>> >>> "What do all vampires fear?" >>> >>> >>> "Dawn" >>> >>> >>> "Dawn, the Vampire Slayer" >> >>Well, you've talked me into it. >> >>Especially if there was a montage of her throwing stakes, kicking ass >>and dancing around the kitchen eating pizza. > > >More like shaking ass and dancing around the kitchen eating pizza.... Makes me want to watch. Stephen Weick | Founder DOMFDD. Ohio State University, most wins in a season, Big 10 title, and National Champions. Amazing, a team I followed actually won!

2003-01-18 03:23:20+00:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (Tirya <Tirya@spamfree.addy>)

"Alberich" <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:MPG.188d09cae6a08a0a989848@news.cyburban.com... > Let's think the worst possible scenario right now. And that would be for > Sarah Michelle Gellar tip toeing up to Joss Whedon and saying privately > "I'm not coming back. I want to spend more time with my husband and > start a family." She may have already told him she wants out. In that > case, I propose a simple solution to everyone watching the show right > now: > > Seasons 6 and 7 don't count at all. They were just nightmare dreams by > someone other than Buffy thinking up these imaginary adventures to a > Buffy who is still dead and rotting in the grave after the Season 5 > finale "The Gift". This means as far as I'm concerned, not to buy the > seasons 6 to 7 DVD sets of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The DVD box set > purchases end after season 5. Didn't "Dallas" try that idea about twenty years ago? Tirya -- TDC Inca Jeeper ...which nicely encompasses three hobbies in one! Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die - adopt a stray and save a life.

2003-01-18 20:25:03-08:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (DanielArmato@aol.com)

salmoneous@aol.com (salmoneous) wrote in message news:<54daff87.0301150627.37f748f7@posting.google.com>... > Alberich > > > Let's think the worst possible scenario right now. And that would be for > > Sarah Michelle Gellar tip toeing up to Joss Whedon and saying privately > > "I'm not coming back > > That's not really the worse possible scenario. A clean end after S7 > would be much better than them dragging back an unhappy and > unmotivated SMG to sleepwalk through guestspots in lame S8. > I don't think she would ever sleepwalk through scenes. She is very professional and it is not in her make up to not give it her all. (no Maybelline jokes from the peanut gallery, please). > Then there's the ultimate worst scenario - Dawn the Vampire Slayer Any show without Buffy would be kind of like watching a band without a lead singer. Lots of backup and a good tune, but not quite the music it could be. That said, a show with SMG in it, say, every third episode, would be preferable to no BTVS at all. Just set the VCR to go on every three weeks, LOL.Of course, it really depends on how it is handled on the show. That is the key. (no Dawn jokes, either!)

[...]

2003-01-20 15:24:55+00:00 - Re: My solution to Sarah Michelle Gellar problem - (elurio@aol.com)

<< Any show without Buffy would be kind of like watching a band without a lead singer. >><BR><BR> As a Ventures fan, I protest....there aren't enough bands without lead singers. eric l.